PDA

View Full Version : Boost is no longer just a dream....

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Everyone on here knows the punishment i put myself through trying to decide on what to do with my civic. Boosting my car is not a cost effective way to gain a decent amount of HP for the price i would have to pay. Going with a K20 swap is definatly out of my price range and I would be an idiot to spend $7000 on my car to get 200whp..... sooooo.....

In two weeks im picking up a new toy. You all may recognize this car. It belongs to a fellow BYT member. Tank pretty much came to me with an offer i can't refuse. I know how much this car means to Tank and to me this car is like a dream come true.... It still has a long ways to go. Thank you so much tank!!

I was think wheels in this particular style... not necessarily these rims but similer... 5 spoke and staggered
http://www.tirerack.com/images/wheels/ro_ja/swap/roja_r25_slvr_ci3_l.jpg

13Bracer
09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
nice congrats:goodjob:

Krappy
09-28-2007, 02:13 PM
get better wheels... like FN01RC's.....work wheels... its not much more than what you'll be spending... and yeah i've seen all the body work done to this car... its all been done carefully...

Bruce Leroy
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
congrats. The oem front end is better IMO. But still a nice car when it gets done.

Bruce Leroy
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
AND DON"T CRASH IT!!!

esiatlanta
09-28-2007, 02:15 PM
good job man....

R_Rated
09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Everyone on here knows the punishment i put myself through trying to decide on what to do with my civic. Boosting my car is not a cost effective way to gain a decent amount of HP for the price i would have to pay.

are you on crack? boost the most cost effective way to get power.... you are not going to get ANY power for free...

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
not really sure what rims yet. i definatly want staggered rims for sure. Do NOT want black w/ polished lip.... way to many white cars with that look lol

and im keeping the civic btw

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
are you on crack? boost the most cost effective way to get power.... you are not going to get ANY power for free...

huh??? im not boosting my civic.

The MR2 im buying has the boosted 3G swap....

My car woulda cost me $5000 to boost and get 220+whp

.... nevermind

Dirty Octopus™
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
:eek: Sweeeeeet!!! :goodjob:

what color you gonna do it?
what ever you do do it right like you did the Honda :yes:

LiL PaKi
09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
finally got to see a pic of the MR2.. congrats Chris..

mushroom_toy
09-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Nice! But yeah I agree I like the oem frontend as well. Im a sucker for popups. Anyway a great forum if you need any info is www.toyotanation.com There is a guy with screenname jeckylandhyde and he has a 600 and something horsepower mr2.

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
:eek: Sweeeeeet!!! :goodjob:

what color you gonna do it?
what ever you do do it right like you did the Honda :yes:

gonna keep it white prob... Black Suede int. w/ suede seats.

Might even go w/ gold 5 spoke rims w/ polished lip

Dirty Octopus™
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
gonna keep it white prob... Black Suede int. w/ suede seats.

Might even go w/ gold 5 spoke rims w/ polished lip
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Weeeeeeeeeeeee
You need to suck on a lemon chris!
thats just F'n Siqq!

that black suede is gonna set that ish tha funk off!
im still thinking about whether or not i wanna reuphoslter mine or just get some 96-97 seats.
but yeah man. do it big. DO IT REAL BIG!!! :super:

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
hehe u should see the civic now... i have a Pioneer In-Dash avic D2 navi w/ black suede Door panels, suede arm rest and suede EP3 seats (which you have seen)

need to do my headliner in suede now and get new carpet.

.EB.
09-28-2007, 02:54 PM
hell yea. Time to push some hp now.

Dirty Octopus™
09-28-2007, 02:58 PM
hehe u should see the civic now... i have a Pioneer In-Dash avic D2 navi w/ black suede Door panels, suede arm rest and suede EP3 seats (which you have seen)

need to do my headliner in suede now and get new carpet.
OMGZERS! :eek:
cant wait to see the headliner. pimp to da max! :yes:
who's doing all the wrapping for you? Ed? :thinking:
cuz i sit in my car thinking... "WTF do i wanna get wrapped? :rant:"

i know when i get a DB almost everything on that interior is gonna be sueded :bump:

©hris
09-28-2007, 02:59 PM
lol hell yeah... first thing im gonna do once its finished is run Edlee.

©hris
09-28-2007, 03:00 PM
OMGZERS! :eek:
cant wait to see the headliner. pimp to da max! :yes:
who's doing all the wrapping for you? Ed? :thinking:
cuz i sit in my car thinking... "WTF do i wanna get wrapped? :rant:"

i know when i get a DB almost everything on that interior is gonna be sueded :bump:

yeah Edlee did the wrapping. just went to joanns and bought 2 yards of fabric and while i was installing my subs and amp i got he wrapped up my interior for me.... did a REALLY good job too. I'll take some picts when i get home tonight

Bruce Leroy
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh yeah... Tora motorsports is the place to go if you have questions about mr2's. They work on them all day.

©hris
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
i'll prob end up taking it there... gotta wait until they get moved first. I tried calling them but goes straight to answering machine.

The only thing that needs to be done is Exhaust and Wiring harness needs to be hooked up.

Fr33way
09-28-2007, 06:00 PM
What kind of power levels are you shooting for?

©hris
09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
not really sure.... was thinking im only going to run 12lbs. The N/A body is lighter than the Turbo version of the MR2 but i don't know how much lighter. I definatly want polish all of the piping and add some CF Engine scoops from Border that are real low profile. CF Hood and "Trunk" painted champ white to match the car, Black suede Recaros w/ Takata harnesses, Suede Door panels and arm rest.... wonder if there is a glass roof conversion for this.

2turbo4u
09-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Now I thought you didn't want to spend any money? Now your just gone and picked up a new money pit :thinking:

Alan®
09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
congrats i was actually looking to buy it but backed out let me know what it costs you to finish it

justwongit
09-29-2007, 04:57 PM
oh wow phoenix power front bumper.. not my choice but thats alot of $$$$ and rare too. and its a sunroof.. haha better than a ttop.. and what 3sgte is it? usdm or jdm and what gen 2nd or 3rd? and you should post more pics up and check out www.mr2.com and the have rim specials on the forum right now. so check it out.

RUFFIAN
09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
nice. better wheels will put you in the game. Once you go boost you will never want to go back. great buy:goodjob: It probably has crazy handles too!

burke420
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
sweet...rj-devera wheels

©hris
10-08-2007, 09:16 PM
picking this up on Wednesday. AAP is going to have it for a week or so before i get it back.