PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Run July 24th- Sunday

SilviaK93
07-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Meeting at the Home Depot off of 400N across from the Outlet Mall at 11:00AM for ride out at 11:20.

Not much else to be said, will probably do lunch as a group and stop at Vogel State Park for pics.

Who's in?

ProjectWidow
07-20-2005, 05:34 PM
hopefully im not working. if not then count me in. i always wanted to go on a mountain run

Clipz99
07-20-2005, 05:45 PM

Jehu
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
http://www.rotortoaster.com :goodjob:

Spyder
07-21-2005, 01:58 PM
im mildly interested. how many are actualy planing to go from various places marshall?

jt money
07-21-2005, 02:00 PM
i was with a subaru club up that way last weekend (we meet at the same home depot) and the bikers were bad. not streetbikes but choppers. they ride super slow. just some heads up. this is the route we took 19->60->180->19.

HiPSI
07-21-2005, 02:05 PM
i was with a subaru club up that way last weekend (we meet at the same home depot) and the bikers were bad. not streetbikes but choppers. they ride super slow. just some heads up.

that's why i don't take the car up anymore, it's easier to get by them on the bike :)

Spyder
07-21-2005, 02:08 PM
that's why i don't take the car up anymore, it's easier to get by them on the bike :)

sounds like someone needs to clear the roads of all the trash. a big ass truck with a snow plow would be approprite.

bigb996
07-21-2005, 02:17 PM
yea us subi guys hit it last weekend it was a blast regardless of the bikers. Hope you guys enjoy.

ProjectWidow
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
damn! u guys can count me out. i have to work 10-7 on sunday :( if you let me know about 2 week in advance next time i can do it

SilviaK93
07-21-2005, 04:39 PM
im mildly interested. how many are actualy planing to go from various places marshall?

not sure yet, I have invited some other people from another board I frequent. Havent seen the replies as of yet from there though. Come out anyways man, been awhile!

Pablo/Erin- I got Zach from Woodstock coming out. Wants to test out his Lude in the turns since he got some braces for it today. :D

Spyder
07-21-2005, 04:46 PM
not sure yet, I have invited some other people from another board I frequent. Havent seen the replies as of yet from there though. Come out anyways man, been awhile!

Pablo/Erin- I got Zach from Woodstock coming out. Wants to test out his Lude in the turns since he got some braces for it today. :D

my car is stock and ill likely have my girl with me so ill be taking it easy and just crusing to have a nice day out in the mountains... also it depends on weather and other things... we will see , i would like to come :)

HiPSI
07-21-2005, 04:47 PM

buahaha, wish i could go see that. i'll be driving through some different mountains that day ;)

Pablo
07-22-2005, 10:51 AM
it's gonna be funny seeing Zach going off the mountain..........
http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/owned.gif

Spyder
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM

now that isnt nice.. lol.

Pablo
07-22-2005, 11:20 AM
yeah i know........i got some problems

Spyder
07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
yeah i know........i got some problems

he will to if he flys off the mountain lol.

ironchef
07-22-2005, 12:02 PM
I wanna go!! And im not working sunday, w00t.

SilviaK93
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM

I hope Zach doesnt own you in your own territory in that Lude with a good transmission.:D

SilviaK93
07-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Mtn run tomorrow--- who all is coming out? I have some people meeting me at Chili's off of exit 14 at 10:30am.

Spyder
07-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Mtn run tomorrow--- who all is coming out? I have some people meeting me at Chili's off of exit 14 at 10:30am.

im in dawsonville now, and that means im coming to beat the hell out of my factory car lol.

DiMeNZi0NS
07-24-2005, 05:56 PM
That was fun... and no, I didn't fly off no d@mn mountain you f0kkerz. I preciate the vote of confidence tho. Pablo's Nitrous switch broke off so I owned him with my factory prelude because he didn't have his precious nitrous. Just wait... I have a lot to do to this lude and when it's done, Marshall will be pissed cuz i'm gonna own his Z... BLEOCHES! Howz dat fer sheit talkin. PS... I paid a hell of a lot less money than you! :jerkit:

Goinfasterthanu
07-24-2005, 08:12 PM
"I was the one in the red hatch"

I had a blast...Going up the mtn with the brown vett ,the 3 bikes and the black vett was fucking crazy.. My hatch did good as i was on almost stock everything...My brakes were also not up to taking the heat from the lude motor and 100+ mph stops.. Big brake kit and some rear disks then ill be ok. Nitrous and 450's go on soon . Then itll be all brake upgrade... Ill keep a lookout for the next run .......... If you dont mind us little hatches taging along...hehe

SilviaK93
07-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Marshall will be pissed cuz i'm gonna own his Z... BLEOCHES! Howz dat fer sheit talkin. PS... I paid a hell of a lot less money than you! :jerkit:

:blah:

MoonScryer
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
*I was the one in the beat to hell Integra*

Fun run, nice going with a group. That miata was crazy, not much else needs to be said.

4dmin
07-24-2005, 09:12 PM
it was fun i'll have pix up tomorrow :D

ProjectWidow
07-24-2005, 09:18 PM
it was fun i'll have pix up tomorrow :D
damn how i wanted to go soo bad!! instead i was stuck at work. next time though give me a heads up and i would love to go see how my lude can handle some turns

4dmin
07-24-2005, 09:25 PM
i'll have to say it was my first mountain run and it is no joke... you learn alot about your car running up there and there are some definate scary turns if your not prepared... i won't be back untill i upgrade the brakes rolling on 19s is a little heavy for that type of sporting. ;)

Jehu
07-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Now head up to the Gap Aug 5-7. http://www.rotortoaster.com

bigb996
07-24-2005, 10:20 PM
if i didnt have to work and had new tires iw ould have gone for sure. those mountains are a blast.

06SilverBullet
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
I wish I could have made the mtn. run on Sunday. We all had a great time last weekend with a bunch of subies. I didn't mind the bikes at all. They have every right to be out there also...

Mark

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 09:57 AM
I wish I could have made the mtn. run on Sunday. We all had a great time last weekend with a bunch of subies. I didn't mind the bikes at all. They have every right to be out there also...

Mark

I think people are referring to bicyclist when they say "bikes". Those people are nuts to be road biking up those roads, so many blind turns a family minivan could take you out in a sec.

Pablo
07-25-2005, 10:05 AM
That was fun... and no, I didn't fly off no d@mn mountain you f0kkerz. I preciate the vote of confidence tho. Pablo's Nitrous switch broke off so I owned him with my factory prelude because he didn't have his precious nitrous. Just wait... I have a lot to do to this lude and when it's done, Marshall will be pissed cuz i'm gonna own his Z... BLEOCHES! Howz dat fer sheit talkin. PS... I paid a hell of a lot less money than you! :jerkit:
it's cool zach, you did beat me on 400. i will wait until you get all the shit done to you car and then we will do it again.

i do remember that on 129 all those times you were behind me, you never passed me.....hmmm......maybe next time with your welded tie bar, you will be able to out handle me.

I had alot of fun and thanks to all that came out

DiMeNZi0NS
07-25-2005, 10:31 AM
First time out with absolutely no knowledge of that Mountain's roads. There was no way I would pass anybody even if I could have. That HWY 180 was a monster. PS... the tie bar is removable from that brackets they welded onto the car. What killed me was the factory springs with the 18's that have the wrong offset. :jerkit:

Spyder
07-25-2005, 10:36 AM
good times, im looking forward to the pictures :)

Pablo
07-25-2005, 10:38 AM
First time out with absolutely no knowledge of that Mountain's roads. There was no way I would pass anybody even if I could have. That HWY 180 was a monster. PS... the tie bar is removable from that brackets they welded onto the car. What killed me was the factory springs with the 18's that have the wrong offset. :jerkit:
the 18s was not all that killed you.......http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/toilet.gif
129 is not that hard of a road to pass on. but anytime you want to come get some, just bring it
--->you:idb:<----me

Pablo
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
here are some pics....
http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/Mountains%207.24.2005/IMG_1194.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/Mountains%207.24.2005/IMG_1200.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/Mountains%207.24.2005/IMG_1201.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/Mountains%207.24.2005/IMG_1203.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/pablo/Mountains%207.24.2005/IMG_1204.JPG

DiMeNZi0NS
07-25-2005, 11:12 AM
You are right... I'm just talking smack. Your civic handles better than the lude. I was very impressed with the 01 civic. I had a 99 SI and I miss my civic. :jerkit:

Jehu
07-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Bring that civic up to the Gap next weekend and we'll see if it out handles Preludes. There will be like 30+ to try against!

Our club alone has like 6 planning on going and we'll be meeting up with luders from all over (from as far as Colorado and Texas!).

Pablo
07-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I would love to go the gap next weekend but i have to work. if i had more notice, i would go. next time you plan on going, let me know.

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 11:44 AM
There will be like 30+ to try against!

Our club alone has like 6 planning on going and we'll be meeting up with luders from all over (from as far as Colorado and Texas!).

Can I come test the luck of those 30+ preludes???? Hope they can hang with some bikes cause thats where I was at a few times going up the mtn. ;)

Just messing with you, I met try and make it up there though.

wannab20hatch
07-25-2005, 11:58 AM
Damnit i missed a mtn run. If i wouldve pad attention more i might have made it but instead i made a spur of the moment trip to savannah with the g/f. Somebody let me know about the mnext one and ill try to bring the bike. :)

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 12:09 PM
--->you:idb:<----me

Zach just got owned!

Spyder
07-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Ill sticky the next one so noone misses it, it would be nice to go up there with another couple folks :)

Jehu
07-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Can I come test the luck of those 30+ preludes???? Hope they can hang with some bikes cause thats where I was at a few times going up the mtn. ;)

Just messing with you, I met try and make it up there though.
Bring it! j/p But you'll have your hands full in about anything but a bike (even some of them get in the way at times!). ;)

DiMeNZi0NS
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Zach just got owned!
Listen to big bad Marshall in his Z06. He can talk all the smack he wants because he can beat everyone now. And I quote "Marshall finally got a car he doesn't have to know how to drive". I heard that from someone at the mountain run. LMAO

Spyder
07-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Listen to big bad Marshall in his Z06. He can talk all the smack he wants because he can beat everyone now. And I quote "Marshall finally got a car he doesn't have to know how to drive". I heard that from someone at the mountain run. LMAO

He looked like he wanted to punch me for saying that :D

Marshall wasn't the best drive back in his days of the silvia, but I can tell you he has improved greatly and isn't half bad now :)

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 01:42 PM

I was just glad to see your fiancee let you have your balls from the jar for a day........opppsss sorry, for half a day!

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 01:46 PM
He looked like he wanted to punch me for saying that :D

Marshall wasn't the best drive back in his days of the silvia, but I can tell you he has improved greatly and isn't half bad now :)

I let you slide on the comment Nick since we go way back. Plus too I couldnt do much else as the only time I saw you was when we were parked:thinking:.

The Sil was built for the hwy, and I got hooked to the turns later.:(
The Z is a marvelous machine, and far out handles the Sil anyday of the week.

sir2civichatch
07-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I had a blast yesterday... will definitely try and make the next run :)

Pablo
07-25-2005, 02:30 PM
you had the red hatch with the h22?

sir2civichatch
07-25-2005, 03:05 PM
noooo... the red hatch was my boy :) i was the chick in the teal hatch

Goinfasterthanu
07-25-2005, 03:18 PM

Jason ill come give those ludes a run...

Silviak93...I hear ya i was right behind you with those 3 bikes going up the mtn..I passed the tan vett...but your was fast as hell!! It took everything the red bike had to try to pass me ..lol... Did you happen to see the red hatch behind ya? I was in the red one with the hid's ...I was like mabye 10-20 feet behind ya the whole way up..

Pablo , that civic you have does good in the mtns...You looked good as i was passing you in mid turn...hehe...No but for what you have i was impressed...

Spyder
07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
I let you slide on the comment Nick since we go way back. Plus too I couldnt do much else as the only time I saw you was when we were parked:thinking:.

The Sil was built for the hwy, and I got hooked to the turns later.:(
The Z is a marvelous machine, and far out handles the Sil anyday of the week.

Dont start talking shit marshall or ill have to get in the Jetta fully decked with the "starfire" tires and come own you. :lmfao:

4dmin
07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
my pix our uploaded check the homepage :goodjob:

Goinfasterthanu
07-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Bring it! j/p But you'll have your hands full in about anything but a bike (even some of them get in the way at times!). ;)

LOL...Someone is a little cockey about their lude...Jason i had one and with almost stock sus...my hatch WALKS all over my lude in the turns...!! Weight is what its all about...Lighter car is gonna turn better...for the most part.. I just know when i had the lude there was NO keeping up with bikes...Now its a lot better...Mabye cause my motor is half of my car..All i have to do is stomp the gas in mid turn and ...yanks me all the way thru. No under steer like my lude had.. Honestly i used to think my lude handeled good till i took this trip...!!!

Spyder
07-25-2005, 03:27 PM
my pix our uploaded check the homepage :goodjob:
:goodjob: :D

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Silviak93...I hear ya i was right behind you with those 3 bikes going up the mtn..I passed the tan vett...but your was fast as hell!! It took everything the red bike had to try to pass me ..lol... Did you happen to see the red hatch behind ya? I was in the red one with the hid's ...I was like mabye 10-20 feet behind ya the whole way up..

Unless there is someone right behind, by a car length or two, then I dont pay much attention as I get in the moment of the turns. It was a blast though, and I hope you get to come out on the 7th.

SilviaK93
07-25-2005, 03:40 PM

it was good meeting you and I hope you can make the next one. I heard you were tearing it up back there.:D

Pablo
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
ahh....gotcha.
i am glad that you enjoyed yourself. you drive well!

Pablo
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Pablo , that civic you have does good in the mtns...You looked good as i was passing you in mid turn...hehe...No but for what you have i was impressed...
Thanks for the compliment.

I wish that I had more power so that I can be more competitive up there.
Hope to see you at the next one.

sir2civichatch
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
ahh....gotcha.
i am glad that you enjoyed yourself. you drive well!

haha... thanx but i know your just saying that... i will definitely make plans for the next run~

eViLMunkey
07-25-2005, 05:26 PM
umm.. last one I went on someone's WRX flipped off the mt. due to technical dificulties... But I'll go on another.. since it's fun as hell.. and I tear around some of the curvy roads in my area...

Pablo
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
haha... thanx but i know your just saying that... i will definitely make plans for the next run~
I'm serious, I was watching how yoiu went into the curves and so forth. You were doing great.

Jehu
07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
LOL...Someone is a little cockey about their lude...Jason i had one and with almost stock sus...my hatch WALKS all over my lude in the turns...!! Weight is what its all about...Lighter car is gonna turn better...for the most part.. I just know when i had the lude there was NO keeping up with bikes...Now its a lot better...Mabye cause my motor is half of my car..All i have to do is stomp the gas in mid turn and ...yanks me all the way thru. No under steer like my lude had.. Honestly i used to think my lude handeled good till i took this trip...!!!
First off, I was playing. Not to say that my lude won't hold it's own. Don't forget, it's light too! ;) And will turn better than your go-cart! 4WS has it's perks, especially in the tight turns of the dragon...

But for real, come on up with us. We got a hotel that has plenty of room...

Doppelgänger
07-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Well... i sure as hell had fun..... i guess i missed a lot of the other peoples runs because me and Tim (black C5 with Z06 wheels and loud ass exhaust) were too far ahead... along with the pewter C5. I had fun chasing some bike down 180..... hell, i had fun the whole day! On the last run up 129 some bike got a long vid of me going up the mountain with a drift or 2... waiting for him to p.m. me a link.. will have soon.

Marshall... when do you want to go head to head with me? ;)

Doppelgänger
07-25-2005, 06:28 PM
*I was the one in the beat to hell Integra*

Fun run, nice going with a group. That miata was crazy, not much else needs to be said.
im not crazy..... i swear....

Goinfasterthanu
07-25-2005, 09:31 PM
you lude...yea i can see it will turn good due to the 4ws....4th and 5th gens...bla...to heavy..What day are you all going?

Jehu
07-26-2005, 07:17 AM
We're going up around 3pm on friday (provided folks can get off of work). Care to join us? :)

Goinfasterthanu
07-26-2005, 06:13 PM
gonna be a whole weekend thing? If so i cant this is my work my ass off season...

Jehu
07-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Ours is...but it's not like you can't meet up w/ us for a day either!

SIL80det
08-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Yah I had a blast as well. I'm glad I made the last minute decision to come. Maybe next time I'll take my shitty drift tires off and be able to grip some corners. Brakes would be nice too cuz 180 was a beeoch.

Jehu
08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Matt? I thought I saw your car in the pics! What's up?