PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

dartingd
09-28-2007, 06:14 AM
I'm 99.9% sure this is a scam...here's my emails:

what is ur problem and why are u calling me a scammer ,i just have to let u know that the payment had been sent to u,there is nothing i can do for now/

raymond

On 9/28/07, Dustin Mealor <[email protected]> wrote: no thanks...i've heard of this scam....try someone else idiot!!!!

On 9/27/07, raymond dutch < [email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
I am so happy to inform u that the payment has been sent to u and u will soon get that ok,as soon as u get the payment kindly take it to bank and deposit it till it clear..u will send the remaining funds to my shipping agent,take care and have a great day,bye for now.

raymond

On 9/12/07, Dustin Mealor < [email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
did you get the tracking number yet? i was planning on sending a picture of the actual bike before you sent payment, but if you know what you want, you know..

On 9/11/07, raymond dutch <[email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
yes the tracking number to track the payment ok,bye for now.

raymond

On 9/11/07, Dustin Mealor <[email protected] ([email protected]) > wrote:
tracking number?

On 9/11/07, raymond dutch <[email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
I am very much intrested in it and i will get back to u with the tracking number soon ok,bye for now.

raymond

On 9/11/07, Dustin Mealor <[email protected] > wrote:
are you still interested?

On 9/6/07, raymond dutch <[email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
yes that is how it is suppose to be,i am very much ok with that ok,bye for now and thanks for letting me know that.

raymond

On 9/6/07, Dustin Mealor <[email protected] > wrote:
Also, as a precautionary measure, due to being scammed recently (no offense to you), I will not ship the bike until payment is in my account and cleared for 72 hours. I'm trying to cover all my bases now as I almost lost a racing mountain bike due to the scam I'm speaking of.

Thanks for the email and the payment details,i will get back to u as soon as my client send the payment okay,take care and have a great day,bye for now.

raymond

My payment method would probably be Money order or paypal, but we would have to discuss shipping. I will only ship to a confirmed address if shipping through paypal. I would estimate that packaging and shipping total should be $75.00. If that seems fair to you, then I prefer a USPS Money order. If you will be sending a USPS money order, ship to the address below. If you must use paypal, and have a confirmed address for me to ship to, my paypal address is [email protected] . As stated before, your address must be confirmed for me to ship to it. the total would be $1525.00. I will not ship the item until next Wednesday at the soonest. As stated before, I am racing on the bike one last time this weekend in Atlanta, GA, and then the bike must be broken down, packaged, and such.

i am very far from home now,i live in new york city and i am on a business trip to london...i want to get that for someone and i really need that soon,so that was why i want to get everything done ontime...i will be very happy if u can send ur full payment details and ur phone number.i am very much ok with ur informations u gave to me about the road bike.get back to me soon,bye for now.

raymond

My mode of payment would be cash if you're close enough. Where are you located? After this weekend, I will have the bike broken down, cleaned, and reassembled with the new shimano 105 parts. If you aren't close enough, we will discuss further.

Thanks,
Dustin

hello dustin,i am so happy to see ur mail and to hear much about the
bike....i am ok with that and i will do all the damages that is on the
bike myself...so i am very much intrested in buying the bike....i am
very much ok with the last price and what is ur mode of payment?plz
get back to me asap,bye for now.

raymond

On 9/5/07, Dustin Mealor < [email protected]> wrote:
> Currently, the bike only has one real blemish on it, which is a rock chip
> from a training ride. Someone pinched a small rock and it hit the down
> tube. The scratch isn't very bad though. The bike is still assembled with
> my personal parts that will be moved to the new bike, and I will be racing
> it one last time this weekend in Atlanta. I will be at Grant Park Saturday,
> and Buckhead Sunday. The bike with all brand new Shimano 105, the Ultegra
> Crank which is brand new, and the Alex rims with brand new lithions will be
> 1450obo. This is a little negotiable, but I need the money bad to pay off
> the new bike.
>
> Thanks,
> Dustin
>
>
> On 9/5/07, raymond dutch < [email protected] ([email protected])> wrote:
> >
> > ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
> > ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
> > ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
> > ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html (http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html)
> >
> > Hello,
> > How are yo doing today?I want to let you know that am
> > interested in buying your road bike,and i would like to let you know
> > that i really want to know little about the present conditions of the
> > Road Bike and the last price for the bike?so get back to me asap,bye
> > for now.
> >
> >
> > raymond

TheProfiteer
09-28-2007, 06:27 AM
wait till you get the check then just see if its real, its not hard to figure out if a check is real or not.

dartingd
09-28-2007, 06:29 AM
well imma take it to my bank, tell them the situation, and let them check...this isn't ebay...i'll hold the bike a month if i have to to make sure i get my money...

Magnus213
09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Might not want to have your full name, address, email, and phone number up on the internet. Just a thought.

quickdodgeŽ
09-28-2007, 08:47 AM
wait till you get the check then just see if its real, its not hard to figure out if a check is real or not.

Is this you or the pot posting? Either way, bad advice.

I wouldn't accept this for a minute. Anytime someone wants to send you a check or paper form of money and have you cash it and send them the remaining back, there's something wrong. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
I see now that you already have the check? I would tell the bank the exact same thing. In fact, take the E-mails with you. Let them look at that check. I've read quite a few stories lately about people actually going to jail for trying to cash these checks on the same exact pretenses that you're in. Let the bank know up front what's going on so you don't get put in the mix with whoever sent you the check. Later, QD.

dartingd
09-28-2007, 09:14 AM
^^^ exactly what i'm going to try and do...

Elbow
09-28-2007, 09:21 AM
It's a old scam hands down, been getting e-mails exactly like that for years of selling stuff online.

EVERY SINGLE letter like that ALWAYS says the "last price" you can tell it's a letter and recently did they change the words "interested in buying your item or product" to the actual item you are selling to make it look realer.

dartingd
09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
we'll see...i'll take pics when it comes and such...

cactusEG
09-28-2007, 10:40 AM
damn man, ur always getting scamed lol

dartingd
09-28-2007, 12:03 PM
ya...and i haven't been scammed..he's attempting to scam..