PDA

View Full Version : My EF cutting off on me

JDM onlyy
09-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Alright my car is being real stupid now, now I got it idling smooooooth. No rocking back and forth or anything. We put a z6 manifold and throttle body on it. But now, when I step on the gas it just sounds like it bogs out and it even cut off one time when I stepped on the gas. It just died on me... :(

Also it makes stupid popping noises again from the intake manifold...

I really can't figure what the hell is wrong with it. Anybody with some info let me know please?!

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Anybody?

Nang
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
check and see if your axles are all the way in
problem 2

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 01:19 PM
check and see if your axles are all the way in
problem 2

Do you mean all the way in the tranny? I think they are...shanked the **** out of them when I put them in. I know one side is..the driver side one is...and the passenger side looks like its in, but wouldn't it leak oil if they weren't in all the way?

2rotor
09-28-2007, 01:34 PM
does the car bog when you rev it suddenly?
look for vacuum leaks.
does the car pull at all when you let out the clutch? a simple test to see if your axles are all the way in the differential is to jack the front end up so both wheels are off the ground, put the tranny in gear and spin one wheel, the other one should move in the opposite direction.. unless you have a limited slip differential.

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
does the car bog when you rev it suddenly?
look for vacuum leaks.
does the car pull at all when you let out the clutch? a simple test to see if your axles are all the way in the differential is to jack the front end up so both wheels are off the ground, put the tranny in gear and spin one wheel, the other one should move in the opposite direction.. unless you have a limited slip differential.

Oh yeah, I did that...and that happened when I was trying to put the lug nuts back on. And ummm NO, the car doesn't pull at all when I let off the clutch. Like I'll be at redline...and I barely picked up ten miles an hour.... :screwy:

RBS
09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
well if your at redline and your only going 10 mph then your clutch is fried lol

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
well if your at redline and your only going 10 mph then your clutch is fried lol

Foo! You da one who put the clutch in! Why didn't you just put the other clutch in like I said. Sigh...retard. You wanna come change my clutch then. Cause you know I'm lazy. I don't like doing anything with trannys neither

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Bump...need help on the new situation...

DrunkScotsman
09-28-2007, 06:32 PM
sooooooooo , you now need help replacin the clutch?

JDM onlyy
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
sooooooooo , you now need help replacin the clutch?

if i do have to replace the clutch then I don't NEED help...I'd like it because I get bored by myself. Lol

JDM onlyy
09-29-2007, 01:34 AM
Anybody got an idea besides the clutch?

ash7
09-29-2007, 01:59 AM
check your adjustment cable

hit up the parking brake to hold the car still, then act like you're driving it... put the car in gear and let the clutch out...

does it kill the engine?

does the engine just bog down, but keep running?

If it's the second option, then you need to replace your clutch.

-jonathan

RBS
09-29-2007, 08:51 AM
get on level ground, throw the car in 5th gear and try to take off. if you stall your clutch is good, if it just revs up then its pretty much gone

JDM onlyy
09-29-2007, 01:02 PM
get on level ground, throw the car in 5th gear and try to take off. if you stall your clutch is good, if it just revs up then its pretty much gone

Lol it does that in first gear....even if I rev up to redline and try to launch in 1st...its just bogs out and stalls....

silversol
09-29-2007, 01:31 PM
sound like a clutch or the ajustment. Also with your cutting off problem are you sure you got the ground strap tight when you fixed the thermostat?

JDM onlyy
09-29-2007, 01:43 PM
sound like a clutch or the ajustment. Also with your cutting off problem are you sure you got the ground strap tight when you fixed the thermostat?

Yeah the ground is on...I have no problem with that anymore. The car stays on and idles smoothly. But now I just can't get it to go...I think I'm gonna try and put my other clutch on....Sometime later when I get bored during the week.

JDM onlyy
10-01-2007, 07:47 PM
bump with new problem

iEvo
10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
yea turn the car on and then get like brake cleaner or somthin and spary it around the intake manifold......if it bogs then its leakin. if not then ur good on that side

JDM onlyy
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
yea turn the car on and then get like brake cleaner or somthin and spary it around the intake manifold......if it bogs then its leakin. if not then ur good on that side

Thanks...I'll try that next! :goodjob:

southside
10-13-2007, 10:05 AM
adjust your clutch cable where does your clutch engage at like if u let it out slowly with out using the gas does it move

JDM onlyy
10-13-2007, 03:34 PM
adjust your clutch cable where does your clutch engage at like if u let it out slowly with out using the gas does it move

Yeah I figured out the problem though. Thanks. Haha.