PDA

View Full Version : gun show this weekend

ShooterMcGavin
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
anyone going? and has anyone ever bought a gun/rifle at a show and been able to haggle on the price? share your experiences :goodjob:

aemkitfox
09-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I go to gun shows all the time. Anywhere there's a mirror really. When I pee, when i brush my teeth, and don't get me started on the shower show.

No.....I have a gun, never been to a show, hope some people respond here, cuz I wana know stuff.

TheGodfather
09-28-2007, 02:10 AM
I have gone to one in Tampa and bought my Beretta there.

There wasn't really a need for haggling, as the asking price was great to start off with. Also I bought mine from a table of a larger dealer that was there. I am certain with the smaller dealers you can haggle down. But def. worth going, great prices and a great selection.

Clegger
09-28-2007, 02:18 AM
I go to gun shows all the time. Anywhere there's a mirror really. When I pee, when i brush my teeth, and don't get me started on the shower show.

No.....I have a gun, never been to a show, hope some people respond here, cuz I wana know stuff.

Lol you beat me to it

I always have 2 Tickets to the gun show :gay:

Julio
09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes you can deal prices down. I go all the time...

The show you a reffering to is the one in Norcross this weekend I suppose..

thinkfast®
09-28-2007, 09:33 AM
I PISS EXCELLENCE

robbyrob016
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM
yeah i've gone to a few around the Gwinnett area. The prices are generally pretty decent, so haggling isn't always necessary but still worth a shot. Alot of venders accept trades as well as cash, so there is another option.

esiatlanta
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM

lol:D

Ran
09-28-2007, 04:37 PM
I really want a .45 H&K Mk.23 SOCOM like my father has. I hear they're expensive as all hell though.

ShooterMcGavin
09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes you can deal prices down. I go all the time...

The show you a reffering to is the one in Norcross this weekend I suppose..
yep :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
just threaten to shoot him. that should work. after the Virgina Tech shootings people dont **** with asians anymore.

aemkitfox
09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
So might I be able to find my much wanted HK USP Match at this event for sale?

Nemesis
09-28-2007, 10:47 PM
w00t guns

amberghini
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
I went once. I was seven. I bought Barney targets.

But, you can haggle if you want. Like someone said above, the prices are normally cheaper.

Julio
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Good show... eastman always has good vendors..

I was tempted to buy a Mosberg 500... but, Decided to wait..

I did pick up 2 news ones..

A taurus 140... .40 cal aka Millemmium.. which is one of my all time favorites.
At 1st I really wanted the 9mm ... but the 140 just had a better grip...
Small gun.. this will become my new carry gun. Is just a little thicker then my p22.. damn kick ass gun.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/91/TM1401.JPG

And also Picked up a high Point .40.. cheap gun, but I have a HP 9mm and for the price it shoots pretty good.. is a damn huge ass gun.. but I will see how it shoots.. I think you can smack someone with it and knock them out.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/91/hp401.JPG

NEONRACER
09-30-2007, 04:46 PM
Good choice on the PT 140 Julio. Very easy carry weapon. I like the color combo too. That was my carry weapon until today. Picked up a 24/7 .45. This will be my new daily carry for the time being. The Hi-Point .40 is ugly as hell but does the job well. They may be cheap but no matter what happens to it Hi-Point will fix it. My c9 has never gave me any problems.

Overall the show was junk. I mean a lot of junk, knives, gold, hats and ****ing stuffed animals. The ammo prices were outrageous as well. $22.00 for 5.56 reloads and $9.99 for Privi 5.56. What a joke. If you need ammo for the .40 go to Wally WOrld on Pleasant hill. They have 50+ boxes of Blazer Brass .40 for 9.95

Julio
09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Good choice on the PT 140 Julio. Very easy carry weapon. I like the color combo too. That was my carry weapon until today. Picked up a 24/7 .45. This will be my new daily carry for the time being. The Hi-Point .40 is ugly as hell but does the job well. They may be cheap but no matter what happens to it Hi-Point will fix it. My c9 has never gave me any problems.

Overall the show was junk. I mean a lot of junk, knives, gold, hats and ****ing stuffed animals. The ammo prices were outrageous as well. $22.00 for 5.56 reloads and $9.99 for Privi 5.56. What a joke. If you need ammo for the .40 go to Wally WOrld on Pleasant hill. They have 50+ boxes of Blazer Brass .40 for 49.95

yeah man, cool ass little gun.

I thought the show was good.. comparing to the other Non Eastman gun shows.. those are damn corny.

I dont look at knives and **** like that.. On the other hand, I did notice a bunch of BS towards the back..
Are they getting more "mainstream" now? I hope not.. I did see all the hats, bears, clothe and ****.. lol..
But I didnt pay attention though.

But you also got a good choice on the Taurus.. What I like about the 24/7 is.. not to big, not to thick,light and i think is 12 plus 1....

ShooterMcGavin
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
el o el, my ex's mom had a hipoint that was at least 15 yrs old i think and it looks just as big and just as simple. and yeah, it was heavy as **** too :P

****ty show like neonracer mentioned, almost picked up an m4 but glad i didn't cuz i think i just found a better deal elsewhere. almost nothing in the way of nice guns though (was lookin for a usp compact and a steyr m series and only saw 1 usp).

NEONRACER
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah the 24/7 is 12+1. Just about the same thickness as the PT140. I actually use the same IWB holster for both of them. It is heavier by far then the PT140.

They had way to many old guns, hunting rifles and what not for my taste. All the crap in the back of the show just made me laugh. Never seen that much junk at a show before.

ShooterMcGavin
09-30-2007, 08:34 PM
it was kinda like that the last time i went and it was in gwinnett. think the one in cobb was a bit better, that's when i picked up my glock.

Julio
09-30-2007, 08:37 PM
then dont go to the Non eastman shows in the gwinnet fairground.. that **** sucks... lol...