PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!

itsjustdee
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
SO MY CAR HAS BEEN MAKING A WEIRD NOISE WHEN I TRY TO ACCELERATE.
I TOOK IT TO A SHOP AND THEY SAY IT'S THE FUEL FILTER AND I NEED A TUNE UP AND AN OIL CHANGE. HE SAID IT'LL COST ME ABOUT $250. DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT OR AM I GETTING RIPPED OFF? :thinking:

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE I DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT CARS!!!!

Nitro
09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Honda right? :D

j/p call me so i can get u the hook-up

itsjustdee
09-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Honda right? :D

j/p call me so i can get u the hook-up

can we do it this saturday?

1kreationz40
10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
a tune up from hearing engine ticks and knocks not sure bout that, if your driving your car and the only time u hear your engine making noises then its either valve or rod knocks...if thats soo then ur done for it...rebuild...!

JDM onlyy
10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
SO MY CAR HAS BEEN MAKING A WEIRD NOISE WHEN I TRY TO ACCELERATE.
I TOOK IT TO A SHOP AND THEY SAY IT'S THE FUEL FILTER AND I NEED A TUNE UP AND AN OIL CHANGE. HE SAID IT'LL COST ME ABOUT $250. DOES THAT SOUND ABOUT RIGHT OR AM I GETTING RIPPED OFF? :thinking:

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEE I DON'T KNOW **** ABOUT CARS!!!!

What kind of noise does it make? Like a banging/clicking/knocking noise or like it makes a weird noise like it revs up and down?

You MIGHT need a tune up...solved my ridiculously stupid idle in my car...even if you don't need it..its always good to do it in case you haven't done it in awhile. Which by the sounds of things you probably haven't...

RBS
10-01-2007, 07:51 PM
your muffler bearing is going bad . . . :ninja:

.. really 250$ bucks is a damn ripoff, specially when you can do the tune up yourself with simple hand tools

iEvo
10-01-2007, 08:33 PM
it depends on what they r gonna do. if its just thoes 2 things then thats a retarted high price. but if there really goin to do a tune up and do plugs, wires, and all that stuff to then that could be about right. id just get somone on here to install it for u. ull save alot of $$