PDA

View Full Version : Misc HALO 3 ENDING (FOR PEOPLE WHO BEAT IT)

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 01:14 AM
IF U HAVE BEAT IT SCROLL DOWN

OK, so who was dissappointed with it?.. how did the arbitor live and the masterchief die? i mean i guess we all knew it was coming. but damn it was just BLAH, anybody else feel the same?

discuss

BuBBa DRiFT
09-27-2007, 07:54 AM
master chief didnt die, if you beat it on legendary you see him, the transport ship broke in half when it got caught in the explosion, the arbiters half came back to earth (they had to machine the ship open) and the master chief just floated off into space and told Cortana to "wake me when you need me" and then shut the door on the cryo-chamber.

Then you see a ray of light shine over a planet, its Onyx, and is where the other Spartans are located. But its confirmed theres no Halo 4, so basically they leave it up to the player/reader to make their own ending in their head. Excellent ending IMO.

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
ohh i havent beat legendary yet.. thats for this weekend... but thanks that makes shit a lot better.. reps

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
ooops... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to I ♥ My S13 again.

Killer
09-27-2007, 10:12 AM
word.. beat it on normal.. i thought it was gay.... guess i need to beat legendary sooner than i thought.. cause i want to see the alternate ending...

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
me mother fucking too

The BUCKY
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
didnt it just come out.

thinkfast®
09-27-2007, 12:11 PM
didnt it just come out.

YEA IT DID BITCH BUT WE ARE ALL NERDS AND HAVE NO LIFE SO GET LOST PAL

LOL

ironchef
09-27-2007, 12:20 PM
The full ending is available on normal as well, or so I've heard. You just have to wait till after the end of the credits, the video is up on youtube.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
damn.. hardcore GAMERS..

osnap
09-27-2007, 02:13 PM
the legendary after-credit ending:

(Spoiler obviously)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LpbEr0E5hE

On_Her_Face
09-27-2007, 02:25 PM
damn.. hardcore GAMERS..

halo is fairly easy to beat even on legendary...

ahabion
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
aye, still loving the multiplayer action tho, that sh^& rocks!!!

The12lber
09-29-2007, 02:09 AM
word.. beat it on normal.. i thought it was gay.... guess i need to beat legendary sooner than i thought.. cause i want to see the alternate ending...

Why were you playing on Normal?

BuBBa DRiFT
09-29-2007, 05:35 AM
when you have 4 good Halo players playing campaign, you can beat the campaign without even trying in a couple hours. THink of it like this, if there are 100 enemies on the map, you have to fight all 100. But if your sharing those enemies with 3 other people, you only have to fight 25. Or you can be like me and just run through the levels without fighting anyone. Especially the levels with the morphing flood, those mofos wont die!

redrumracer
09-29-2007, 11:52 PM
awesome my cuz is really into this game im going to ruin it for him

ORGANIZATIONXIII
09-30-2007, 01:47 AM
I just can't sit in one spot for 8 hrs or so playing a video game

The12lber
09-30-2007, 02:16 AM
when you have 4 good Halo players playing campaign, you can beat the campaign without even trying in a couple hours. THink of it like this, if there are 100 enemies on the map, you have to fight all 100. But if your sharing those enemies with 3 other people, you only have to fight 25. Or you can be like me and just run through the levels without fighting anyone. Especially the levels with the morphing flood, those mofos wont die!

Its really more of a matter of how quickly you can finish a difficult encounter rather than how quickly you are killing mobs (enemies/time as a rate).

Sport1.3
10-01-2007, 08:07 AM
extended ending or not it was a POS end to the Halo Franchise.....i cant believe i expected more out of it after #2

deady
10-01-2007, 09:30 AM
wait wait wait. you mean to tell me there's a single player portion of Halo, and not only that, but people play it?

Sport1.3
10-01-2007, 10:10 AM
wait wait wait. you mean to tell me there's a single player portion of Halo, and not only that, but people play it?
Nice 72nd post

The12lber
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
extended ending or not it was a POS end to the Halo Franchise.....i cant believe i expected more out of it after #2
What was wrong with the ending and what would have satiated you?

Jecht
10-01-2007, 10:40 AM
If you actually believe they just killed off Master Chief like that, you aren't too bright. If you want to see the full ending, don't skip the credits at the end.

On_Her_Face
10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
well if the master chief died they couldnt make a 4th halo (they could but it would suck).. and i heard they weren't making a 4th so it was an assumption..

i think they should make a prequel though

Killer
10-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Why were you playing on Normal?

so i could hurry and see the ending and start playing multi player...

Dr.G35
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
they ARE going to make a fourth!!! i had a credible source. but as far as the game was, it met my expectation. I knew when there was a big hype about it that people were going to blow it up. Although it did get a 9.7 out of 10?

Turbo04
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
I was pissed about the ending till I saw the other one. Quite honestly though, the game is near identical to halo 2 in terms of multiplayer. yes there is new weapons, gadgets but no real gameplay change. h1-h2 they made him jump higher and not take damage from falling..etc. But no real changes from 2-3. Kinda sucks. That and h2 and h3's story seemed rushed kinda.

On_Her_Face
10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
ya i know what you're saying

Sport1.3
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
What was wrong with the ending and what would have satiated you?

The last level was the ****!ng same sh!t you had to do in Halo 1....i was like.."you gotta be ****!ng kidding me, i have to drive this POS to safety again?" then to finish the franchise i get 2 mins of open endedness where i'm left to make my own assumptions about the end of 117...I would have been happy with a 20 min epic/cinematic ending where masterchief goes out in a blaze of glory to defend earth and its ppl, idk...maybe a story with a real ****!NG ENDING!!!

thinkfast®
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
WOW SOMEBODY'S UPSET

HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT YOU GO AND GET LAID, IT HELPS OUT W/ THE FRUSTRATION AND THE NO LIFE PART
AS FOR THE WITTY AND SARCASTIC JOKE ATTEMPTS, YOUR ON YOUR OWN

IM JUST NATURALLY TALENTED, SORRY

FRYLOCK
10-01-2007, 01:58 PM
u can see that same engine on any difficulty if u just wait till the credits go all the way through

JDM onlyy
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
master chief didnt die, if you beat it on legendary you see him, the transport ship broke in half when it got caught in the explosion, the arbiters half came back to earth (they had to machine the ship open) and the master chief just floated off into space and told Cortana to "wake me when you need me" and then shut the door on the cryo-chamber.

Then you see a ray of light shine over a planet, its Onyx, and is where the other Spartans are located. But its confirmed theres no Halo 4, so basically they leave it up to the player/reader to make their own ending in their head. Excellent ending IMO.

What's Onyx? I love Halo but never got to own it nor play it til the end. Except the first one...

Killer
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
u can see that same engine on any difficulty if u just wait till the credits go all the way through

good... i'm just gonna beat the last level again...

Sport1.3
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
WOW SOMEBODY'S UPSET

HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT YOU GO AND GET LAID, IT HELPS OUT W/ THE FRUSTRATION AND THE NO LIFE PART

LOL @ your witty retort. Not so much upset, as disappointed. I also dont have to go anywhere to "get laid," she comes to me, whether i play halo or not :tongue1:

The12lber
10-01-2007, 06:09 PM
The last level was the ****!ng same sh!t you had to do in Halo 1....i was like.."you gotta be ****!ng kidding me, i have to drive this POS to safety again?" then to finish the franchise i get 2 mins of open endedness where i'm left to make my own assumptions about the end of 117...I would have been happy with a 20 min epic/cinematic ending where masterchief goes out in a blaze of glory to defend earth and its ppl, idk...maybe a story with a real ****!NG ENDING!!!

There's no ambiguity in the ending, The Chief lives.

On_Her_Face
10-01-2007, 06:45 PM
ya.. i would also like to know how you know that planet was onyx

The12lber
10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, I'll just crystallize this quickly.

It being Onyx is just speculation.

Bungie never said "No Halo 4" they just said it was the "end of this story arc" which one can assume means the Covenant/Flood/Human war because obviously they leave The Chief fictionally available for future games.

As of now there's another Halo Trilogy in development plus a real time strategy (Halo Wars) as well as the hypothetical scenario that Bungie may well be making something that picks up with John.

On_Her_Face
10-01-2007, 06:50 PM
ya the preview for halo wars looks ****ing sick

The12lber
10-01-2007, 06:53 PM
WOW SOMEBODY'S UPSET

I'm actually going to have to retort with the "she comes over here" line, because I totalled my car I get room service.

I'd also just like you to take this time and consider what an idiot you are for acting like you're the jock trying to pick on the kids playing video games in a bad teen movie.

The12lber
10-01-2007, 07:05 PM
I was pissed about the ending till I saw the other one. Quite honestly though, the game is near identical to halo 2 in terms of multiplayer. yes there is new weapons, gadgets but no real gameplay change. h1-h2 they made him jump higher and not take damage from falling..etc. But no real changes from 2-3. Kinda sucks. That and h2 and h3's story seemed rushed kinda.

The multiplayer is actually fundamentally much different from Halo 2. The big changes, the auto aim got majorly turned down and the SMG is no longer the default starting weapon. Two very big changes.

AnthonyF
10-01-2007, 07:07 PM
havent played it yet...is it really worth buying? i've never played any halo. I actually havent touched my box in a few weeks. :(

On_Her_Face
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
anthony don't talk to me till u buy all three and beat them

The12lber
10-01-2007, 07:25 PM

I think he should beat 1 and 3 and read the Sparknotes on 2.

Turbo04
10-09-2007, 10:17 AM
The multiplayer is actually fundamentally much different from Halo 2. The big changes, the auto aim got majorly turned down and the SMG is no longer the default starting weapon. Two very big changes.

thats really not the much of a change, and I disagree with the auto aim being turned down, that thing still tracks like a mofo. They did not fix issues with the melee, I've been playing and hit other ppl dead in the back and guess what, they spin and melee me. Crap I tell you, just like the 2nd. :ninja: I guess the game is entertaining, but honestly it's super hyped and thats why ppl are going ape **** over it. GOW I find is a much better game, it makes you feel into it. And yes GOW has a lot of **** in it that sucks, (glich wise) but still a better overall game. Sucks to cause I was a huge h1/h2 fan. Hell I bought my 360 cause I saw the anouncement for h3 when it first was put out there. Sold the radio in my car just so I could buy the 360, went like 1.5 months with no tunes in the car.

On_Her_Face
10-09-2007, 10:24 AM
thats really not the much of a change, and I disagree with the auto aim being turned down, that thing still tracks like a mofo. They did not fix issues with the melee, I've been playing and hit other ppl dead in the back and guess what, they spin and melee me. Crap I tell you, just like the 2nd. :ninja: I guess the game is entertaining, but honestly it's super hyped and thats why ppl are going ape **** over it. GOW I find is a much better game, it makes you feel into it. And yes GOW has a lot of **** in it that sucks, (glich wise) but still a better overall game. Sucks to cause I was a huge h1/h2 fan. Hell I bought my 360 cause I saw the anouncement for h3 when it first was put out there. Sold the radio in my car just so I could buy the 360, went like 1.5 months with no tunes in the car.

now that is dedication lol.. ya when i heard about socom for ps3, i picked one up, don't have any games for it yet though lol

nreggie454
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I always thought it was the Death Star at the end. Cool.

Also, I think the multiplayer is a lot different from H2 to H3. All those powerups definitely changed how I play.

On_Her_Face
10-09-2007, 10:40 AM
ohh hell ya, the powerups changed my world in h3 online

AnthonyF
10-09-2007, 12:00 PM

lol. no unlike you, i have a life. lol. i dont like sitting in front of a tv screen frying my brain cells out to get a bad ass gamerscore. lol. :lmfao:

plus, i havent beaten forza II yet. I havent touched my xbox in 2 months

The12lber
10-09-2007, 02:56 PM

I've put in a about 200 games and I've never experienced this. Also, if you look around Bungie's website you'll find that yes, the auto aim has been turned down significantly.

Overall, its a much more skillfull game and as far as a console shooter goes they've pretty much hit the edge of perfection.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're in a vocal minority.

The12lber
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
ohh hell ya, the powerups changed my world in h3 online
By power ups do you mean equipment?

Turbo04
10-10-2007, 08:59 PM
I've put in a about 200 games and I've never experienced this. Also, if you look around Bungie's website you'll find that yes, the auto aim has been turned down significantly.

Overall, its a much more skillfull game and as far as a console shooter goes they've pretty much hit the edge of perfection.

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're in a vocal minority.

I am completely fine with being in the minority, although I seriously doubt the "perfection" label is warranted. Like I've said before I loved H1/H2. However with the level of games being put out now, to really break the mold and make something really really earthshattering, you need to do more then throw a few new weapons and equipment, make something prettier, and hype it up to make a "edge of perfection" shooter game. Although, honestly it really doesn't matter what I say, nor how anyone feels about the game. Microsoft/Bungie now have everyone's money, the game was hugely succesful in sales due to the marketing strat. When you take out the weapon changes, addition of the bubble shield...etc, and the pretty factor really what is different from the 2nd? Nothing notable. I've already discussed the changes from 1 to 2. But alas, halo will go on being halo and 6 million people will play it and call it the best game ever, and I will go on as well. I just expected for my 70 bucks way more then what I got. I should've known with the beta...:)

Maverick
10-20-2007, 03:37 PM
at the end there is 117 on the tail of the plane....wat does that mean? wats the significance of that number?

Maverick
10-20-2007, 03:39 PM
nevermind....its master chief

The12lber
10-21-2007, 12:38 AM
I am completely fine with being in the minority, although I seriously doubt the "perfection" label is warranted. Like I've said before I loved H1/H2. However with the level of games being put out now, to really break the mold and make something really really earthshattering, you need to do more then throw a few new weapons and equipment, make something prettier, and hype it up to make a "edge of perfection" shooter game. Although, honestly it really doesn't matter what I say, nor how anyone feels about the game. Microsoft/Bungie now have everyone's money, the game was hugely succesful in sales due to the marketing strat. When you take out the weapon changes, addition of the bubble shield...etc, and the pretty factor really what is different from the 2nd? Nothing notable. I've already discussed the changes from 1 to 2. But alas, halo will go on being halo and 6 million people will play it and call it the best game ever, and I will go on as well. I just expected for my 70 bucks way more then what I got. I should've known with the beta...:)

Typically the best thing to do with sequels is refine a game (successful to varying degrees), not to change it fundamentally. Then its not really a sequel. Just a bit of a secret I thought I would let you in on.