PDA

View Full Version : Misc DAOC anyone?

Spyder
07-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Is anyone Playing DAOC anymore? I went back to try out the new servers... its alot more fun, its like the old days.. :goodjob: and for those that dont know what DAOC is , dont ask :tongue:

HyPer50
07-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Nope... Pretty much WoW is the only MMORPG I play anymore.. and occasionally some EQ1. DAOC never appealed to me, as I've said before, but I really wish more games would implement there style of crafting, and then being able to get orders from vendors and making the items for them made it a bit more fun to crafting grind.

Spyder
07-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Nope... Pretty much WoW is the only MMORPG I play anymore.. and occasionally some EQ1. DAOC never appealed to me, as I've said before, but I really wish more games would implement there style of crafting, and then being able to get orders from vendors and making the items for them made it a bit more fun to crafting grind.

some people dont enjoy PvP, i cant understand why but i hear that is the case lol. also as you mentioned in crafting the key word that always accompanies crafting is infact "grind" unfortunatly.

HyPer50
07-20-2005, 02:37 PM
some people dont enjoy PvP, i cant understand why but i hear that is the case lol. also as you mentioned in crafting the key word that always accompanies crafting is infact "grind" unfortunatly.

Unfortunatly the leveling in the game was so boring to me that I never made it to the PVP levels lol.

Spyder
07-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Unfortunatly the leveling in the game was so boring to me that I never made it to the PVP levels lol.

ahh so you left before you had a chance to see why people played, yea i can see it being hard to get into in that case.

Dragonfly5338
07-20-2005, 02:43 PM
I quit a while ago. The PvP system was the best ever, tho. Never picked up WoW. Right now I'm playing Guild Wars. Pretty fun stuff. :)

Spyder
07-20-2005, 02:45 PM
I quit a while ago. The PvP system was the best ever, tho. Never picked up WoW. Right now I'm playing Guild Wars. Pretty fun stuff. :)

i stopped playing for a few months, as i occasionally do. i am now playing on one of the "classic" servers. all i have to say is NO TOA. it was aenough to renew some of my interest in the game :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
07-20-2005, 02:46 PM
im so confused :(.
what is teh style of these games? kind of like Halo?

Spyder
07-20-2005, 02:51 PM
im so confused :(.
what is teh style of these games? kind of like Halo?

hard to explain other then it is a real time game with as many as 3k people interacting with eachother and all basically fighting with or against eachother... there is alot to it.. umm check out MMORPG on google or look up DAOC or WOW it will give you some idea of what the games are about..

B16a2 Civic
07-20-2005, 02:54 PM
hard to explain other then it is a real time game with as many as 3k people interacting with eachother and all basically fighting with or against eachother... there is alot to it.. umm check out MMORPG on google or look up DAOC or WOW it will give you some idea of what the games are about..

alright, ppreciate it, only asked cause tha way you 2 were explaining it sounded fun

Spyder
07-20-2005, 03:41 PM
alright, ppreciate it, only asked cause tha way you 2 were explaining it sounded fun

well... it is.. to people who have a decent computer and some spare time. if you dont have either of those it really isnt worth playing.

Spyder
07-21-2005, 04:52 PM
no one else willing to admit they play? :(

Dragonfly5338
07-21-2005, 07:04 PM
DAOC is basically 3 realms that are at war. You pick a side, make a character, level him up and then go fight each other in huge groups. You have castles to defend and you can raid other team's castles using rams, catapults, etc. It's pretty fun. I may check out the new server with no bots or artis, but my account is canceled, hehe.

SquishyC
07-22-2005, 08:13 AM
DAOC is basically 3 realms that are at war. You pick a side, make a character, level him up and then go fight each other in huge groups. You have castles to defend and you can raid other team's castles using rams, catapults, etc. It's pretty fun. I may check out the new server with no bots or artis, but my account is canceled, hehe.

You can reactivate your account with a free 10 day trial right now. Here's the info from the website:

"We're offering you the chance to come back to Camelot for free. As a former* player, we'd like to give you 10 free days** to discover what has kept others playing while you've been away. You won't even have to start over; your character awaits you just as you left it when you last played.

Note that this is a limited time offer. You must log into your account between July 14-24, 2005 to receive 10 days of free play"

And btw, you do not have to update your billing info.

Just thought you might like to know that Dragonfly, I'll go back to lurking around now :)

Spyder
07-22-2005, 11:06 AM
You can reactivate your account with a free 10 day trial right now. Here's the info from the website:

"We're offering you the chance to come back to Camelot for free. As a former* player, we'd like to give you 10 free days** to discover what has kept others playing while you've been away. You won't even have to start over; your character awaits you just as you left it when you last played.

Note that this is a limited time offer. You must log into your account between July 14-24, 2005 to receive 10 days of free play"

And btw, you do not have to update your billing info.

Just thought you might like to know that Dragonfly, I'll go back to lurking around now :)

My GF reactivated like that... you may know her.. oh wait.. :D

SquishyC
07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
My GF reactivated like that... you may know her.. oh wait.. :D

shoosh you... just thought I would be nice and let them know...it seemed a safe enough first post ;)

HiPSI
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
i used to play, but then i realized it was for nerds with no lives ;).

SquishyC
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM

:blah:

and

:tongue:

Spyder
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM

you liked it when you played Bish , you stopped playing because your pos computer and pos internet connect wouldnt let you, oh and you didnt have time.. lol. :)

Dragonfly5338
07-22-2005, 03:52 PM
you liked it when you played Bish , you stopped playing because your pos computer and pos internet connect wouldnt let you, oh and you didnt have time.. lol. :)

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :smileowne

HiPSI
07-23-2005, 09:29 AM

yeah, then my lazy ass took forever to cancel it so i paid them for several months that i wasn't using it :owned: x2

HiPSI
07-23-2005, 09:30 AM
gotta admit i had the best character names around ;).

Hulud
07-23-2005, 05:37 PM
how much is it monthly?

Jin
07-24-2005, 08:32 PM
I used to play DAOC and I do once in a while still...

Im in Percival server in Hibernia.

Now I just play Guild Wars.

(Damn Im a nerd.)