View Full Version : Hey guys! Just got my first bike! :D got a few questions!

nipponLIFE
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey guys!

just got my first bike

2000 suzuki bandit 600s

So far i like it alot! it needs alil work but i got a really good price on it and ive read alot of positive stuff about it being a good first street bike!

it runs fine just gotta replace the tail light and its GTG.

my question is this...

where is the best place to get new tires for my bike

and where can i get a good price on a new battery for the bike?

any advice for my n00b ass would be appreciated!

thanks!

and of course...SOME PICS

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2864/copyofcimg5826rv8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/2646/840a0347jy6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
(thats my car too :))

lemme know what ya think!!! :boobies:

Jaimecbr900
09-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Battery= Walmart.

Tires= net.

If you live up near this area, there are lots of motorcycle shops around where you can walk in and get both too if that's your pleasure.

ueyedgr8tness
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
COngrats man u need to hookup with us other novice rider's and go mtn together since i want be getting left.

nipponLIFE
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
man mtn riding sounds fun as helL! cant wait to really get goin...gotta get alil riding in b4 it gets too cold ;)

ueyedgr8tness
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
man mtn riding sounds fun as helL! cant wait to really get goin...gotta get alil riding in b4 it gets too cold ;)

Yes indeed :yes:

Frög
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
im not going to lie, im kinda jealous..

The Ninja
09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Cold? BWuahahaha, Ga cold ain't shit. Just buy a full leather suit, and ur straight. Just don't ride in the rain though, lol.

congrats btw

nipponLIFE
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
thanks guys !! lol yea im totally ready.... just waiting on this guy to get back to me about some parts

:D

con
09-26-2007, 07:52 AM
congrats, keep the shiny side up......

if you're on the South side of things I got a battery you can get for free.....

LordMDP
09-26-2007, 07:47 PM
this is georgia-it never gets to cold to ride

Grimm Reeper
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
You can get tires from www.ridedirect.com and they ship it to your home so if you wanna just pull the wheels off and take it to a shop.

Smittie61984
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I got my rear tire from "Two Brothers" in lawrenceville. They have killer prices and only charge $30 to put on the rear tire. They are located off of Maddox street.

Great first bike. You don't want to fall into the trap that often your friends lay who say "You'll be alright on an R1" and you fall in becuase you think you'll look cooler on an R1. Well good news for you. The Bandit will eat an R1 alive in the Mountain Twisties. Great handling bikes.

David88vert
10-03-2007, 06:27 AM
I got my rear tire from "Two Brothers" in lawrenceville. They have killer prices and only charge $30 to put on the rear tire. They are located off of Maddox street.

Great first bike. You don't want to fall into the trap that often your friends lay who say "You'll be alright on an R1" and you fall in becuase you think you'll look cooler on an R1. Well good news for you. The Bandit will eat an R1 alive in the Mountain Twisties. Great handling bikes.

Two Bros is a great shop. Very good guys, very good prices.

Got a Bandit? Care to take on my R1 in the mtns?:D

The bike only has a little to do with how fast you go. Rider skill is the major component.

ueyedgr8tness
10-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Yea u can have a 600 and be a good rider and kill r1's in the mountains but if u don't no how to ride you will end up off the mtn.

TallGuy
10-03-2007, 04:12 PM
great bike man ... just keep both wheels down.. ride safe bro

GIXXERDK
10-03-2007, 05:54 PM
Two Bros is a great shop. Very good guys, very good prices.

The bike only has a little to do with how fast you go. Rider skill is the major component.

I think I can take you on 180 :D

Smittie61984
10-03-2007, 06:43 PM

I don't. But I know those Bandit, SV650s, etc bikes are great for the mountains. Especially the V-twins such as Buells and SV650s

And you are correct about the skill. My skill isn't that great. My buddy who use to have an R1 was. As for an 600 beating a litre bike in the mountains. With equally skilled riders a 600 will win. It's shorter, lighter, less motor gyro, and many other things. 1000s are great for track conditions where you can keep it wound out and in the high RPMs the whole time. For me I wouldn't know the difference other than I'd be more likely to loop out on an R1. I rode one once (1st bike I rode actually) and it was wicked fast.

Yet have you seen those Supermotos? In mountain conditions they are starting to beat your 600s in the mountains and tight twisties.

David88vert
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I think I can take you on 180 :D

Only 1 way to find out! :D

David88vert
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
I don't. But I know those Bandit, SV650s, etc bikes are great for the mountains. Especially the V-twins such as Buells and SV650s

And you are correct about the skill. My skill isn't that great. My buddy who use to have an R1 was. As for an 600 beating a litre bike in the mountains. With equally skilled riders a 600 will win. It's shorter, lighter, less motor gyro, and many other things. 1000s are great for track conditions where you can keep it wound out and in the high RPMs the whole time. For me I wouldn't know the difference other than I'd be more likely to loop out on an R1. I rode one once (1st bike I rode actually) and it was wicked fast.

Yet have you seen those Supermotos? In mountain conditions they are starting to beat your 600s in the mountains and tight twisties.

Actually, most modern 600s and 1Ks weigh about the same. With equal riders, the 1Ks usually has an advantage with more low-end torque. I ride with a lot of very skilled riders, and it really comes down to skill and confidence. Either bike can be fast with a good rider. I currently have a 1K, but want to add a 600 track/mtn bike for a change also.
Supermotos carry great corner speed, so they are great in extreme twisties, but as soon as the track opens up, the sportbikes have too much power for them to keep up.

Smittie61984
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Supermotos carry great corner speed, so they are great in extreme twisties, but as soon as the track opens up, the sportbikes have too much power for them to keep up.

I saw a video somewhere of some guys in what appears to be either Italy, Greece, or some temperate climate Mediteranian country. It was a cool vid that features Litres, 600s, Ducaties, Buells, and a KTM Enduro/supermoto.

The funny part is they were on these twistie mountain roads and you see an R1 come flying by balls to the walls followed by a 600 or a Ducati. Then this orange KTM right behind them the entire time. Passing them a couple of times I think. I died laughing the first time I saw it.

That right there was some guy who couldn't afford a Supersport and said "Screw it I'll just stay on the gas the whole time"

But dead on about the skill. I'd be interested to find many track bike riders that will keep up with this Goldwing on Deal's Gap...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

David88vert
10-04-2007, 08:35 PM
But dead on about the skill. I'd be interested to find many track bike riders that will keep up with this Goldwing on Deal's Gap...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

I saw one like that up there a few years ago. Old man, and fast for that type of bike. Scrapes both sides.

Tarzanman
10-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Watch out for old men on motards. They've already lived a good life and dont' have sh*t to lose! Them f*ckers are wylin!!!!

sleepys4
10-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Watch out for old men on motards. They've already lived a good life and dont' have sh*t to lose! Them f*ckers are wylin!!!!

Lol true statement.

dazn
10-06-2007, 10:28 PM

yeah, definitely get a lot of experience before heading up there.
just those basics down to second nature before you start trying anything crazy.
have fun and be safe.
wear your gear dammit

Princess12
10-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Let me know what kind of tires you're looking for. We sell all of ours below retail and mount and balance is only $30.00 when you purchase the tire from us.

Smittie61984
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Let me know what kind of tires you're looking for. We sell all of ours below retail and mount and balance is only $30.00 when you purchase the tire from us.

Damn. Wish I had known that. But I don't think I got a bad deal on my rear. $105 for a Bridgestone Battalax bt45 at I think 140/70-18. And installed for $30 with them removing the rim. Much better than Cyclegear that wanted $140 just for the tire an I think $40 to mount them if I brought the rim to them.

What brands of dirtbikes/atvs do you sell?

And I did get to do this before I got a new tire...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1d8hH5gYA

Princess12
10-09-2007, 08:11 AM
Damn. Wish I had known that. But I don't think I got a bad deal on my rear. $105 for a Bridgestone Battalax bt45 at I think 140/70-18. And installed for $30 with them removing the rim. Much better than Cyclegear that wanted $140 just for the tire an I think $40 to mount them if I brought the rim to them.

What brands of dirtbikes/atvs do you sell?

And I did get to do this before I got a new tire...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl1d8hH5gYA

Yeah, just keep us in mind if you need tires... As far as ATV's go, we sell Kawasaki, Kymco, and E-ton.

ueyedgr8tness
10-09-2007, 09:14 AM
yeah, definitely get a lot of experience before heading up there.
just those basics down to second nature before you start trying anything crazy.
have fun and be safe.
wear your gear dammit

DAz i didnt no u rode:thinking: Hit me up i play on going to the mtn's next sun

SV650S
10-15-2007, 07:02 PM
I agree with you getting the basics down...before you head to the mountains...got a friend who jus started riding..he's been riding for about 2 months now an he still isn't ready for mtn's yet....as for me when I got my sv (my dad has a goldwing) my dad took me to deals gap 1st day I rode 300 miles....but i do not recomend that to anyone....I was so scared..but it was cool though...the main thing I have figured out is when your riding with people let them no your new to it where they won't run off an leave you....congrats on the bike though