PDA

View Full Version : midbass speakers yes or no

SLo_MKIII
09-25-2007, 12:10 PM
im thinking about getting some kicker ssmb6 midbass speakers but im just running a factory 6 disc changer, i was wondering would the factory amp push the speakers:D

deady
09-25-2007, 12:50 PM
the factory power is fine for those speakers. as with any name brand aftermarket speakers, theyd probably sound alot better with an external amplifier, but it isnt necessary.

SRCRX
09-25-2007, 01:19 PM
the factory power is fine for those speakers. as with any name brand aftermarket speakers, theyd probably sound alot better with an external amplifier, but it isnt necessary.

:goodjob:

BanginJimmy
09-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I seriously doubt you would want to use a dedicated midbass without at least a decent electronic x-over. Also it would be pretty useless unless you are running components and subs.

So yea, unless you are going to upgrade everything else, getting a dedicated midbass is a waste of money.

.blank cd
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I seriously doubt you would want to use a dedicated midbass without at least a decent electronic x-over. Also it would be pretty useless unless you are running components and subs.

So yea, unless you are going to upgrade everything else, getting a dedicated midbass is a waste of money.

well said :goodjob:

Dracc
09-25-2007, 04:18 PM
no need for me to comment.. Jimmy is the man

SL65AMG
09-25-2007, 05:36 PM
get a component set w/ an external amp..... :yes: :yes: thats what i did.....

and do your own install

SLo_MKIII
09-25-2007, 11:43 PM
i already have components up front, polk in the rear doors and the speakers in the back window are blown so i figured i would put something that might add bass w/o subs because i use my trunk way to much to have them taking up space

R_Rated
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
i already have components up front, polk in the rear doors and the speakers in the back window are blown so i figured i would put something that might add bass w/o subs because i use my trunk way to much to have them taking up space

lets start this thread over... what sort of budget are you working with here? Also, you do realize that you can have a VERY functional trunk AND subs? I have 2 10's in my trunk and a full "show" fascia... I bet I still have more tunk space than you... even with a couple very large [physical size] amps and a big as cap, xovers etc.

For audio, 2 questions need to be resolved before you can go any farther...

option/order I for questions
1. What are you trying to accomplish?
2. How much $$$ are you willing to spend to accomplish that?

option/order II for questions
1. What amount of $$$ can I dedicate for this project?
2. What is the best solution/compromises for the budget I have set?

I say Focal utopia be's but they are worth more than many cars on here... nothing wrong with this but sounds like your budget is more confined. Biggest bang for the Buck IMO is still alpine type R. I would recomend the Alpine R because I don't think you really know what you want and it is cheap but for music in a DD is hard to beat. Especially if you are not an audiophile.

SLo_MKIII
09-26-2007, 11:26 AM
lets start this thread over... what sort of budget are you working with here? Also, you do realize that you can have a VERY functional trunk AND subs? I have 2 10's in my trunk and a full "show" fascia... I bet I still have more tunk space than you... even with a couple very large [physical size] amps and a big as cap, xovers etc.

For audio, 2 questions need to be resolved before you can go any farther...

option/order I for questions
1. What are you trying to accomplish?
2. How much $$$ are you willing to spend to accomplish that?

option/order II for questions
1. What amount of $$$ can I dedicate for this project?
2. What is the best solution/compromises for the budget I have set?

I say Focal utopia be's but they are worth more than many cars on here... nothing wrong with this but sounds like your budget is more confined. Biggest bang for the Buck IMO is still alpine type R. I would recomend the Alpine R because I don't think you really know what you want and it is cheap but for music in a DD is hard to beat. Especially if you are not an audiophile.

i have clarity and good sound im just looking for a little more low end bass, i fill up my trunk every sunday because i deliver around 280 newspapers and its a hassle to take the subs out every sunday, so subs are out of the question. i all i want to spend budget wise is 250 tops considering i have already spent 250.00 on my infinti components and 150.00 for my polk's. im going to need 2 new speakers regardless, but i dont want to slap some cheap shit in there that wont compliment my other speakers. also i more than likely will be installing a 300-500W alpine amp as well:D

R_Rated
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
i have clarity and good sound im just looking for a little more low end bass, i fill up my trunk every sunday because i deliver around 280 newspapers and its a hassle to take the subs out every sunday, so subs are out of the question. i all i want to spend budget wise is 250 tops considering i have already spent 250.00 on my infinti components and 150.00 for my polk's. im going to need 2 new speakers regardless, but i dont want to slap some cheap shit in there that wont compliment my other speakers. also i more than likely will be installing a 300-500W alpine amp as well:D

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15508
I would recomend something like this for the money you are wanting to spend.

Also, if you have an amp, you can get a good sub for 100 bucks that will not need much space. Honestly, how many people ride in your back seat? Maybe build something that will fit in the floorspace behind your seat? You can build something to fet in next to your wheel well and still haul stuff or in the spare tire compartment. Just a though but hundreds of dollars does not go far for a complete audio system. A couple thousand will not even get you a mid end system. Unfortunately shit gets expensive.

BanginJimmy
09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
I've got an RE Audio RE 8 thats been sitting around the house forever and never used. I'd be happy to let it go for $50 and I'll meet you someplace.

It will do everything you need. Its not overpowering, small, and an amp for it will be cheap. It would be a simple matter to build a box for it into a small corner of the trunk where it wont be in the way.

R_Rated
09-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I've got an RE Audio RE 8 thats been sitting around the house forever and never used. I'd be happy to let it go for $50 and I'll meet you someplace.

It will do everything you need. Its not overpowering, small, and an amp for it will be cheap. It would be a simple matter to build a box for it into a small corner of the trunk where it wont be in the way.

shit man, If I lived in Atlanta I would buy it. You will not find a better deal and based on the description you gave will do EXACTLY what you want and the space it will take will be negligable.

DO IT