PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Hood fitting

Kourt
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
So I have a VIS carbon fiber hood on my 98 civic, but it dont line up right around the headlights and grill. I have tried adjusting it, but one side like sticks up so I think its warper. Any thing I can do besides buy another??? It was on the car when I bought it and the guy said it has been like that since he bought it but it gets on my nerves!

UpSideDownDesi
09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
prbly have to re-align your front end to flush in your cf hood. It being higher on one side....mean you'll need to adjust hood hinge on that side.

Dietcoke
09-25-2007, 09:36 AM
shim your fenders (whichever side is closest) to match the hood.

xb1
09-25-2007, 09:38 AM
It is more likely that your frame is bent or front cross beam is crooked. The CF hoods were made from new OEM hoods and don't warp. It will crack before it warps. If one side is higher, its likely the hood hinge adjustment as stated above. Loosen all 4 bolts on each hinge so that you can move the hood with some effort but it stays after you move it. You may need to cut you hinges free from the body if its been wrecked (often Hondabond is put around the hinges due to corrosion issues). Then just keep playing with it until it fits.

Kourt
09-25-2007, 04:03 PM
It is more likely that your frame is bent or front cross beam is crooked. The CF hoods were made from new OEM hoods and don't warp. It will crack before it warps. If one side is higher, its likely the hood hinge adjustment as stated above. Loosen all 4 bolts on each hinge so that you can move the hood with some effort but it stays after you move it. You may need to cut you hinges free from the body if its been wrecked (often Hondabond is put around the hinges due to corrosion issues). Then just keep playing with it until it fits.

It may be something with the frame, the guy who had it beforeme let his jeep roll back into it (dumbass). And it lines up in the back its just right around the headlight its warped up, if I had hood pins it would line up good but haha I will never put hood pins on a civic. But anyway, I dont think its the hinges because it does line up good in the back.

cactusEG
09-25-2007, 05:25 PM
was ur car ever in a wreck?

passwordATL
09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
was ur car ever in a wreck?

That could make a big diffrance.

xb1
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it lining up in the back, as its the front where the wind will catch it and fling it into your windshield at 80mph. If it weighs less than 30lbs you're not only risking your life, but those around you. If you can't get it to fit properly in the front, do us all a favor and get some flush-mount hoodpins.

Tech5
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
^^^^ X2

Kourt
09-26-2007, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it lining up in the back, as its the front where the wind will catch it and fling it into your windshield at 80mph. If it weighs less than 30lbs you're not only risking your life, but those around you. If you can't get it to fit properly in the front, do us all a favor and get some flush-mount hoodpins.

It does line up in the back. And only one side (passenger) does it bow up. You can kinda see in my signiture picture how it does not line up around the front. Its been on the car for years and it latches good. I've never had a problem with it lifting up or anything so I'm not worried about that.

osiriskidd
09-26-2007, 09:28 PM
hood pins are like 15 bucks anyways. its like added security. and it'll make it look better.

bowdown201
09-26-2007, 11:17 PM
My stock hood sticks up a little on one side too on my 98. Its so aggravating. I think its been in a wreck tho cause its been repainted and shit too. maybe thats your problem