PDA

View Full Version : Fucking macs...

SixSquared
09-24-2007, 06:50 PM
You know, you'd think that Peachmac would have mentioned that my new computer doesn't come with basic word processing software.. would have been fucking nice.

quickdodge®
09-24-2007, 06:51 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, that sucks. Later, QD.

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 06:53 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man, that sucks. Later, QD.

Lmao.....

Must have gotten one of those prejudice, doesn't like Loch Ness monster looking fat ass lesbians model........

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 06:55 PM
so now you dont only feel stupid for buying a piece of shit, but now it's a piece of shit with no usefull software.. sounds like mac. but then again you're a useless piece of shit, so it fits!

quickdodge®
Lmao.....

Must have gotten one of those prejudice, doesn't like Loch Ness monster looking fat ass lesbians model........

That $600 cellphone can probably fix the problem. Later, QD.

Quattro Kid
holy shit, stunallday, the past couple of post's you've had, have made me LIRL,

you have my respect

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
That $600 cellphone can probably fix the problem. Later, QD.

Lmao...............reps for you and reps for Rosie O'dennel's stunt double....

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
Lmao.....

loch ness aint got shit on this moo moo.

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
holy shit, stunallday, the past couple of post's you've had, have made me LIRL,

you have my respect

I aim to please....:D

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 07:01 PM
not what xPhantomSilviax told me :\ ^^

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Why didn't you just tell them who you were...

I'm sure they would have given you celebrity treatment.....

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Bump......So Michellin man, don't you have anything to say?

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 07:35 PM
BUMP

Kyle
09-24-2007, 07:38 PM
What kind of noob buys a computer and assumes it has everything built in? When I spend over $1000 I tend to ask questions first.

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 07:42 PM
^^ she's a fat lesbian whos only friend is battery powered, what did you expect? for her to have a brain? ;\

man
09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Macs are a waste of money. They make huge profits off of their hardware, which is why you can't install OS X on another computer. They overcharge for everything. Macs are gimmick buys. You buy it because you see all the cool stuff but you have it for a month and realize it's really no better than a pc. BTW my PCs haven't crashed in 5+ years, my friend's MacBook Pro gives him problems at least once a week.

"B"
09-24-2007, 07:44 PM
You know, you'd think that Peachmac would have mentioned that my new computer doesn't come with basic word processing software.. would have been fucking nice.

Macs suck balls.

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Macs are a waste of money. They make huge profits off of their hardware, which is why you can't install OS X on another computer. They overcharge for everything. Macs are gimmick buys. You buy it because you see all the cool stuff but you have it for a month and realize it's really no better than a pc. BTW my PCs haven't crashed in 5+ years, my friend's MacBook Pro gives him problems at least once a week.

quoted for truth.

man
09-24-2007, 07:49 PM
quoted for truth.

Seriously, and this is coming from two people in the design business (if I remember you are kayFuNK, right?)

Been doing graphic design and web design for 5+ years and no macs have ever seen my desk.

BobbyFresco
09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Seriously, and this is coming from two people in the design business (if I remember you are kayFuNK, right?)

Been doing graphic design and web design for 5+ years and no macs have ever seen my desk.

I have quite a few friends that use Macs but I thought it was common knowledge that they are garbage...?

Hundo®
09-24-2007, 07:55 PM

yup! i've used a mac once and it was because the company i did the work for made me come in their office so we could converse ideas :P i had to use their mac :[

osiriskidd
09-25-2007, 07:13 AM
only thing i liked from a mac was that toolbar.

but then i found wincustomize.com and lirled at teh macs

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 07:23 AM
the old time ill ever use mac is for multi media. Other that it goes through the window. I can run fix a pc easily but a mac FUCK THAT POS!!!

Mr. Clean
09-25-2007, 07:53 AM
man.... you guys are fucking ridiculous... are yall talking about the old macs, like first and second gen. i've had my ibook G4 for two years and used them in high school before that and i will never go back to pc. yes your pc's havent crashed but do they run as good as the day you got them. if you say yes then you must have some bull shit firewall software that you have to click yes or no to every action you do. yes my mac currently has a pretty large issue (optical drive) right now, but every piece of technology is going to have issues. if you really want to appreciate a mac, do yourself a favor and really study how they work so you can use it to its full potential and i promise you will be a repeat apple user.... oh and they do come with word processing software:

Finder--> Applications--> Appleworks 7 (if its a mac book)

if you were expecting MICROSOFT word, then why did you buy a mac. but you can buy it... ebay an office package thats already open for like 40 bucks!

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 07:58 AM
trust me I work with macs are there the most annoying pos. Seriously just to even fix that crap you have to take it to certified dealer. I tried to fix it but it was just insane. I didnt even feel like even touching since every fucking piece of it look delicate. Software..what software. Fuck they cant run any high end GAMES AT ALLL!!! PERIOD!!! I tried to run WOW on a mac. A shitty PC comp can handle it but a MAC HAH FPS dropped like insanely low...lagged like shit, then crashed. Overpriced pos ever. Ive own one...never returning to it.

And 670 dollars to repair. Fuck that pos.

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:09 AM
What's with all of this MAC hate? I've had a MAC since 1994 and that same MAC is still running problem free. I have since bought an HP and that damn thing had to be brought back to life more than an extra in a zombie flick. I brought a G5 2yrs ago and that thing smokes every PC I've ever used! To this day I can crank up my 13yr old MAC and it operates flawlessly. The last time I tried to use my 4yr old HP, the damn thing wouldn't even boot. I guess it was jealous or something. Personally, I'll NEVER spend money on a PC again. I've had much fewer problems with my MACs, I find them to be much more user friendly, and the performance is much more that I could have ever hoped for. As a designer who bounces back and forth between MAC & PC platforms, I find that ALL of the Adobe & Macromedia applications work more efficiently on MACs. To each his/her own but, for me, it's MAC

BKgen®
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
mac = phailure

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:23 AM
mac = phailure
Not according to the MAC I'm using to type this response :goodjob:

Mr. Clean
09-25-2007, 08:26 AM
if you have a new mac subscribe to .mac and with that subscription you can use a program called time capsule. this program goes through the mac server and it can, GET THIS PC HOMOS: go back to the day you purchased your computer and access ANYTHING. say you deleted your paper on accident and didnt realize until the next day or after you emptied the trash. well you can type in a day on the time capsule and it takes you to your computer hard drive on any day. so what you deleted will still be there along with anything else you had on your comp. you can even run your computer from the server... you can literally get on any mac and use everything that is on your computer. yes this is what a server does but you dont have to do anything except log in! come on that is the tip of the iceberg. if you dont like mac, then you just used it for iphoto and imovie or so you can customize the way it looks, you used NOTHING that mac is designed for.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I bought a Mac. Let you know in a few days how I like it :)

Mr. Clean
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
ok i'm off my apple soap box...

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:32 AM
I bought a Mac. Let you know in a few days how I like it :)
If you need any personalized tech support, I'm your man :goodjob:

...in all honesty (being that I have stepped up my stalker game) I knew you purchased your MAC 2 day before you actually did :D

Mr. Clean
trust me I work with macs are there the most annoying pos. Seriously just to even fix that crap you have to take it to certified dealer. I tried to fix it but it was just insane. I didnt even feel like even touching since every fucking piece of it look delicate. Software..what software. Fuck they cant run any high end GAMES AT ALLL!!! PERIOD!!! I tried to run WOW on a mac. A shitty PC comp can handle it but a MAC HAH FPS dropped like insanely low...lagged like shit, then crashed. Overpriced pos ever. Ive own one...never returning to it.

And 670 dollars to repair. Fuck that pos.

you are not a mac user... pc's are made for gaming, macs are not, you dont see a bunch of fat sweaty guys sitting in their floor with 8 of their friends drinking yoo-hoos playing lord of the rings with shiny white imacs and joysticks... you see them with 439874 pc parts laying around and their own baby of a pc because you can upgrade the dog shit out of them... dont buy a mac for games

Tracy
All of the bad ass designers and movie makers I know use Mac.

Mr. Clean
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
ok NOW im off my apple soap box until i get out of school

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:34 AM
All of the bad ass designers and movie makers I know use Mac.
Speaking as a bad ass designer, I agree!

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 08:38 AM
you are not a mac user... pc's are made for gaming, macs are not, you dont see a bunch of fat sweaty guys sitting in their floor with 8 of their friends drinking yoo-hoos playing lord of the rings with shiny white imacs and joysticks... you see them with 439874 pc parts laying around and their own baby of a pc because you can upgrade the dog shit out of them... dont buy a mac for games

But Im not fat. Mac's only good purpose I find useful is the mulimedia other then that what else. I cant think of anything maybe it's hard to hack cuz of the all the encryption and other weird shit.

deady
09-25-2007, 08:39 AM
not to mention virus's, spyware and the like dont exist on the mac platform.

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 08:44 AM
Basically in all Im a say this.

Mac's for video/picture formating/watch movies
PC's for games/business

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
The one and only advantage I found a PC to have over a MAC was price. With the introduction of the iMac & Mac mini, that advantage as since faded away.

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
but have you seen the repair bill on a MAC?

Its a fucking insane price.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 08:49 AM

Good to hear since this is what we bought ours for. My PC wasn't hacking it. It keeps locking up every time we try to make a movie or something.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 08:50 AM
but have you seen the repair bill on a MAC?

Its a fucking insane price.

I bought the Mac protection program. Seems cheap enough to me.

BKgen®
09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
we have a whole floor at my school just about full of mac and pc labs, so it's not like I'm a PC fan boy who won't give macs a chance. I've used both and I prefer PCs. Macs just don't cut it for me. I almost want to drop a class if I find out it's going to be in a Mac lab.

BKgen®
09-25-2007, 08:54 AM

sure... that's what they want you to think.

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 08:56 AM
APPLE CARE FTW

The one and only time I had to have repairs done on my MAC, Apple bent over sideways and backward to make sure my computer was taken care of quickly and correctly. The problem wasn't even with my computer. The problem was faulty Edge memory installed by MacMall. Apple didn't charge me a singe dime for all of their diagnostic work.

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 08:56 AM
If I can find the estimate of my friend's new G5 repair bill Ill show you way.

Total came out to $650.77. Just to repair a 250GB hard drive. He basically sold it for parts and bought a PC. WTF YOU PAYING 650 for a hardrive? when a pc is like 150 bucks?

green91
09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
If your friend is literate enough to part it out he was literate enough to fix the hard drive himself. Macs are creeping up into pc's territory.. even in gaming they are becoming a stronger force, especially since the transition to x86 processing and being unix based. Macs are taking off software wise, and once more developers realize you dont have to buy thousands of dollars of development packages and software to program them and also become more widespread mac is going to become more dominant. the only thing hurting mac right now imo is their expensive somewhat proprietary hardware, but once again since their switch to intel processors that argument is going out the window

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Dude are you serious? Are you insane if you can fix a MAC...I want to see. I've tried and failed though I build 6 pc's so far...MAC's are extremely delicate and you litteraly have to know what your doing. I highly doubt my friend knew what he was doing.

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 09:06 AM
If I can find the estimate of my friend's new G5 repair bill Ill show you way.

Total came out to $650.77. Just to repair a 250GB hard drive. He basically sold it for parts and bought a PC. WTF YOU PAYING 650 for a hardrive? when a pc is like 150 bucks?
You can replace the hardrive in a MAC for roughly the same price you would pay to do the same for a PC. I don't understand what his situation is about but, I do know my experience was much more pleasant. In trying to isolate the problem I was having, Apple replaced my hard drive, both processors, and the DVD-RW/CD-RW optical drive and I didn't spend a single cent.

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 09:08 AM
I dont know Im tryign to look for the bill.

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Dude are you serious? Are you insane if you can fix a MAC...I want to see. I've tried and failed though I build 6 pc's so far...MAC's are extremely delicate and you litteraly have to know what your doing. I highly doubt my friend knew what he was doing.
I've changed & added hard drives, added memory, upgraded processors, and added peripherals. I guess these weren't "fixes" because the MAC I've worked on weren't broken but, adding upgrades takes many of the steps as repairs.

Crazy Asian
09-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Open a G5...it's a nightmare. HOW MANY FREAKING FANS....that's a mobo?
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SOUNDCARD!!!!???? Im scared mommy....

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Open a G5...it's a nightmare. HOW MANY FREAKING FANS....that's a mobo?
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SOUNDCARD!!!!???? Im scared mommy....
:lmfao:
I must admit I was a little intimidated the first time I cracked open my G5 but, once you take the fans out (they just slide out/no tools necessary) everything is pretty much right in front of you.

SixSquared
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Well considering that I'm not a big time gamer, but I DO go to school for design, the stability of the mac OS is what drew me to it... I wasn't necessarily looking for Microsoft Word in particular, just something that is a more powerful word processor than text edit... but I called PeachMac, pitched a fit, and now have iWork free. :D

And yes, my $600 cell phone did help me... cause I called PeachMac from it.

green91
09-25-2007, 09:39 AM

Next time youve got a broken one bring it to me. Ive done ALOT of mac work, ive fixed them since pre-powerpc days, powerpc & combos, g3, g3, g5 whatever i can do it. its not that hard. macs arent any more delicate than any other pc ive worked on. Ive built 30+ pcs without a hitch.

Mr. Clean
09-25-2007, 10:21 AM

PC's for games/business

thats what i said in a long drawn out way haha.

but as an aside... if anyone isnt sold on macs, talk with someone who really knows the in's and out's of a mac and there is an infinite amount of things you can do, most of the new age of mac users just bought their mac because everyone has itunes and an ipod so why not a mac right. then they expect it to be like their pc but find out its harder to use. well they didnt get a mac for the extensive amt. of things it can do... they just bought it as an accessory to their ipod... those people owe it to themselves to learn their computer

man
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
man.... you guys are fucking ridiculous... are yall talking about the old macs, like first and second gen. i've had my ibook G4 for two years and used them in high school before that and i will never go back to pc. yes your pc's havent crashed but do they run as good as the day you got them. if you say yes then you must have some bull shit firewall software that you have to click yes or no to every action you do. yes my mac currently has a pretty large issue (optical drive) right now, but every piece of technology is going to have issues. if you really want to appreciate a mac, do yourself a favor and really study how they work

my buddy has a brand new MacBook Pro. My desktop and laptop both:
a) boot faster
b) have more versatility (games, photo editing, video editing, audio editing)
c) run all editing programs better
d) have never slowed down in 5 years, no ridiculous firewall, I've never had to approve anything.

When are Mac users gonna learn that they don't get viruses because Macs only make up 10% of the market. That's not even worth a programmer's time (I would know, I'm a programmer and web designer)

I am good friends with many people in the web design business, not freelancers, businesses that have been around for years, and they all use PCs. Another friend's company makes music videos, all PCs.

The .mac storage is plain and simply a server (I have my own and I never need to delete things) Once again it is a gimmick.

If you bitch about PCs crashing or freezing, you don't know how to use them correctly. Macs are simply PCs with training wheels. Hell, they even use the same hardware now. The only difference is the OS.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 10:41 AM
so yea.....

SR20DE-T or KA-T now THAT is the real question :???:

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 10:49 AM
my buddy has a brand new MacBook Pro. My desktop and laptop both:
a) boot faster
b) have more versatility (games, photo editing, video editing, audio editing)
c) run all editing programs better
d) have never slowed down in 5 years, no ridiculous firewall, I've never had to approve anything.

When are Mac users gonna learn that they don't get viruses because Macs only make up 10% of the market. That's not even worth a programmer's time (I would know, I'm a programmer and web designer)

I am good friends with many people in the web design business, not freelancers, businesses that have been around for years, and they all use PCs. Another friend's company makes music videos, all PCs.

The .mac storage is plain and simply a server (I have my own and I never need to delete things) Once again it is a gimmick.

If you bitch about PCs crashing or freezing, you don't know how to use them correctly. Macs are simply PCs with training wheels. Hell, they even use the same hardware now. The only difference is the OS.

quoted for truth and commen sense :[ something mac uses fail at.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Oh yea. I liked that I could buy a year class card for one on one instruction for an hour per week. That was $100. I thought that was a deal. So now I can learn how to use Photoshop and Final Cut.

JackMaster
09-25-2007, 10:54 AM
the only people that bitch about macs are the ones that dont know how to use them.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
^^ WOW or you could've bought a book for $20 and read it. because all they do is teach you basics like how to open/add files/make new documents. and that's it. you will by no means be good at either program, you'll just be well versed in sucking at it.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
the only people that bitch about macs are the ones that dont know how to use them.

is this a joke?

for you i have this:

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com (http://www.macfixitforums.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Forum35):

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!
Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

Tracy
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
^^ WOW or you could've bought a book for $20 and read it. because all they do is teach you basics like how to open/add files/make new documents. and that's it. you will by no means be good at either program, you'll just be well versed in sucking at it.

No need to be snippy! :crazy: I do better when I can have someone show me things. I'm a hands on kind of gal. Either way, they said they will help you with projects. I know the basics of both programs, so I will just bring my projects in with my questions and go from there. Have you ever taken a class or is this speculation? I don't have an opinion really right now on what I like better. I haven't gotten my Mac yet, so I haven't used it. I haven't taken the class yet, so I don't know if it sucks or not yet. I will let you know once I get it.

man
09-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Actually, I'm pretty damn proficient with a Mac, as that's all I had over the summer for school (used my buddy's) I know all the shortcut keys and other than that, it's the same as windows.

As I said before "If you bitch about PCs crashing or freezing, you don't know how to use them correctly. Macs are simply PCs with training wheels. Hell, they even use the same hardware now. The only difference is the OS."

So you just switched "PC" and "Mac" in my argument in an attempt to make your own. You should think about hopping off the bandwagon.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 11:02 AM
simian

What's this?

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
No need to be snippy! :crazy: I do better when I can have someone show me things. I'm a hands on kind of gal. Either way, they said they will help you with projects. I know the basics of both programs, so I will just bring my projects in with my questions and go from there. Have you ever taken a class or is this speculation? I don't have an opinion really right now on what I like better. I haven't gotten my Mac yet, so I haven't used it. I haven't taken the class yet, so I don't know if it sucks or not yet. I will let you know once I get it.

sorry i just get irritated that they sold you on another $100 of worthless, you could literally figure out the things they teach you in that class after about 10 minutes of fiddling around with either program. I know people who have taken the class and thought they learned something, come to find out they got gyped once again by MAC selling them on something completely worthless such as their computers.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 11:04 AM
What's this?

sim·i·an http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fsimian) /ˈsɪmhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngihttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation ("]Pronunciation Key[/url] - sim[/b]-ee-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngn] Show IPA Pronunciation ("]Pronunciation Key - [url=") –adjective 1.of or pertaining to an ape or monkey. 2.characteristic of apes or monkeys: long, simian fingers. –noun 3.an ape or monkey.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
sorry i just get irritated that they sold you on another $100 of worthless, you could literally figure out the things they teach you in that class after about 10 minutes of fiddling around with either program. I know people who have taken the class and thought they learned something, come to find out they got gyped once again by MAC selling them on something completely worthless such as their computers.

:breathe:

JackMaster
09-25-2007, 11:07 AM
is this a joke?

for you i have this:

Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com (http://www.macfixitforums.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=Forum35):

-Login window stuck!
-lower caSe "S" key not working!!
-Menu bar keeps flashing
-I can't drag and drop!
Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

I never said anything against PC's... I've never used one. I've been a Apple user since the Apple IIGS, and never had a problem with mine, never. In 15 years of computing, Mac has stood the test of time for me. Definitely not a knock against PC's, I'm just saying ppl who bitch about Macs just dont know how to use them.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I never said anything against PC's... I've never used one. I've been a Apple user since the Apple IIGS, and never had a problem with mine, never. In 15 years of computing, Mac has stood the test of time for me. Definitely not a knock against PC's, I'm just saying ppl who bitch about Macs just dont know how to use them.

I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.

I dont know if you read that, i was stating that a 1 month old can use a mac, their OS is made for retards, if you can't use a mac, you should kill yourself. it's so simple thats why it sucks, because it only performs SIMPLE THINGS and at an extremely slow rate at that. your argument would be golden if youd ever used a PC and realized that people who can't use PC's bitch because you have to have a brain to use them.

man
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.

I dont know if you read that, i was stating that a 1 month old can use a mac, their OS is made for retards, if you can't use a mac, you should kill yourself. it's so simple thats why it sucks, because it only performs SIMPLE THINGS and at an extremely slow rate at that. your argument would be golden if youd ever used a PC and realized that people who can't use PC's bitch because you have to have a brain to use them.

x2

The macs are great for those just getting in to computing, all the pretty icons and menus. But once you hit the top of the learning curve (after 30minutes) you're up to basic Windows functionality. Windows has a steeper learning curve, but once you really learn the ins and outs, Macs don't stand a chance.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
x2

The macs are great for those just getting in to computing, all the pretty icons and menus. But once you hit the top of the learning curve (after 30minutes) you're up to basic Windows functionality. Windows has a steeper learning curve, but once you really learn the ins and outs, Macs don't stand a chance.
:yes:

JackMaster
09-25-2007, 11:32 AM

damn duke, youre more defensive about PC's than most mactards are over their macs. lol

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
damn duke, youre more defensive about PC's than most mactards are over their macs. lol

im not pc defensive, i just hate macs, the main % of their users quote shit directly from their commercials like "it just works" and believe anything someone tells them. it pisses me off.

"B"
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Shannon had a mac computer and a Apple I-pod, either of them work.

osiriskidd
09-25-2007, 12:03 PM
x2

qft

Nomad!
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I've owned my first MAC loooooooooong before the new Apple media blitz and it has yet to let me down. I do all of my office crap on my G5 as well as graphic design, web design, video editing, & music editing. I have yet to use a PC that can compare to it's speed and versatility. My G5 boots faster than some people can type their password. Being that I'm not a gamer outside of the PS3 & XBOX realm, I'm not concerned with that avenue of functionality. Speaking from the standpoint of someone who uses MACs & PCs on a regular basis, I overwhelmingly prefer my MAC.

Being that I've been using MACs for so long, lots of my friends have asked me if I would recommend one for them. As I've told them, I wouldn't get one if I weren't using it for heavy graphics, multi-media, video/audio editing, web design etc. Most people that by computers don't do any of these things so I usually suggest purchasing a PC with decent memory, speed, and storage space. Most of them don't even use software outside of web browsers & Microsoft office. If anyone does any of the work that I do and they ask me about computers, I always recommend a MAC. My experiences have been much more successful using a MAC for what I do. I know people that work in multi million dollar recording studios, build & maintain websites for huge corporations, and the list goes on...they all prefer MACs to do their various jobs. Once you get to a certain level in your profession/skill, it all comes down to preference. I can do a lot of my graphics & web design on a PC but, I much prefer the MAC.

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
I've owned my first MAC loooooooooong before the new Apple media blitz and it has yet to let me down. I do all of my office crap on my G5 as well as graphic design, web design, video editing, & music editing. I have yet to use a PC that can compare to it's speed and versatility. My G5 boots faster than some people can type their password. Being that I'm not a gamer outside of the PS3 & XBOX realm, I'm not concerned with that avenue of functionality. Speaking from the standpoint of someone who uses MACs & PCs on a regular basis, I overwhelmingly prefer my MAC.

Being that I've been using MACs for so long, lots of my friends have asked me if I would recommend one for them. As I've told them, I wouldn't get one if I weren't using it for heavy graphics, multi-media, video/audio editing, web design etc. Most people that by computers don't do any of these things so I usually suggest purchasing a PC with decent memory, speed, and storage space. Most of them don't even use software outside of web browsers & Microsoft office. If anyone does any of the work that I do and they ask me about computers, I always recommend a MAC. My experiences have been much more successful using a MAC for what I do. I know people that work in multi million dollar recording studios, build & maintain websites for huge corporations, and the list goes on...they all prefer MACs to do their various jobs. Once you get to a certain level in your profession/skill, it all comes down to preference. I can do a lot of my graphics & web design on a PC but, I much prefer the MAC.

no one cares for you lies.

tony
09-25-2007, 01:56 PM
I use both at home.. always prefer the Mac since its more stable and just more user friendly..

6 months PC's slow down

4 years later my Mac is still as fast as when I bought it

Hundo®
09-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I use both at home.. always prefer the Mac since its more stable and just more user friendly..

6 months PC's slow down

4 years later my Mac is still as fast as when I bought it

your pc slows when you store a bunch of garbage on it and dont clean it out and do disk clean ups.. my PC is jus as fast as i bought it 2 years ago.

Tracy
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I like storing garbage in my computer :stompsfeet:

tony
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
your pc slows when you store a bunch of garbage on it and dont clean it out and do disk clean ups.. my PC is jus as fast as i bought it 2 years ago.

I barely use it, actually all of my garbage and porn is on the mac.. lol no problems at all, the PC has stayed clear and its just a PITA to deal with, only time I use it is when I need to make a word document

man
09-25-2007, 08:52 PM

Same, my laptop and desktop are both 2.5 years old and run perfect, never had a single problem with either, no reformats. Actually, I've never defragged them either.