PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone a Real Estate MAJOR??

gtikid
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Not a Real Estate Agent or someone who took a Real Estate class...has anyone here majored and graduated with a degree in Real Estate from like a big college/university?

Z28
09-24-2007, 07:09 PM
My roommate is having his focus centered around Real Estate, but technically his major is Economics. Emory has several classes though which lead up to a concentration in Real Estate under an Economics guise, though (We don't have a "Real Estate degree" but the focus is definetly noted).

Did you have questions? I can ask him if you want.

He's a first semester senior, too, so he's pretty close to getting his degree.

Julio
09-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.... very awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..

hahahah that is all.

Hektik
09-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.... very awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay..

hahahah that is all.

why?

gtikid
09-25-2007, 09:30 AM
why?

:stupid: .....What have you heard Julio?

I just wanna know what the differences/advantages are of getting a degree in it vs. just going to some BS class and getting your license for it is....

GAtegs
09-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I assume getting a good job with an agency would be easier with a degree. Also, I know at GSU, when you major in Real Estate, your Bachelors is in business administration, so you could possibly do more with your degree than JUST RE.

gtikid
09-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I assume getting a good job with an agency would be easier with a degree. Also, I know at GSU, when you major in Real Estate, your Bachelors is in business administration, so you could possibly do more with your degree than JUST RE.

Those are my thoughts exactly. The courses for RE here are the same as just a regular business degree. I'd rather go something like that as opposed to just get a business degree :goodjob:

gtikid
09-27-2007, 08:41 AM
No one?

Julio
09-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I was bsing..

The real estate market right now sucks big bollas... lol.. is actually scary..

thats all.. shit changes though =]

Frög
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
market right now is dead.. but it will be back up in a year or so.. supposedly.. anyway, with a RE major, you have more opportunity that being a RE agent.. you work for big companies and buy land for development and other things a company needs..

sdiddy
09-27-2007, 10:02 PM
:stupid: .....What have you heard Julio?

I just wanna know what the differences/advantages are of getting a degree in it vs. just going to some BS class and getting your license for it is....

If you plan on being an agent, there is no real advantage. Anyone can get a job as a RE agent... degree or not... as long as you get a license.

If you plan on being an agent and you want to get a degree, then you are better off studying MARKETING than Real Estate. A Real Estate Agent is really a marketer. A RE Agent's job is to find people who are ready to buy RE. Knowing about RE itself doesn't help you find or attract buyers, HOWEVER knowing and understand marketing does.