PDA

View Full Version : Silver Dollar Raceway "Results"

Hunter02SS
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Alot of you guy's know I am at 18lbs of boost with a 6 speed and a stock 10 bolt rear-end. My best pass of the day was a 10.729 @143.31mph! To give you an idea of how much I was babying it off of the line my best 60ft. time was a 2.01. There is more left in it in tire's and suspension,I just need to figure out what I want to do with the car!
I made about 7 passes, but the last one I was a little more aqgressive off of the starting line. My mph never really changed. It stayed in the 142-143mph range! These are also on my 315-35-17 nitto's! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_cheers.gif

LEAVINU
09-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Alot of you guy's know I am at 18lbs of boost with a 6 speed and a stock 10 bolt rear-end. My best pass of the day was a 10.729 @143.31mph! To give you an idea of how much I was babying it off of the line my best 60ft. time was a 2.01. There is more left in it in tire's and suspension,I just need to figure out what I want to do with the car!
I made about 7 passes, but the last one I was a little more aqgressive off of the starting line. My mph never really changed. It stayed in the 142-143mph range! These are also on my 315-35-17 nitto's! http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/images/smilies/LS1Tech/gr_cheers.gif

:eek:

Definately not to shabby on what are known to not be the best DR's available. Do we see a 9" in the near futre.:goodjob:

On_Her_Face
09-23-2007, 07:37 PM
fuck you..

i will sell u my soul for you're car.. straight trade

edit: good runs btw

2.3 Evo 8
09-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Good times and killer trap!

Tech5
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
NICE !!

NevrNufTorq
09-23-2007, 08:43 PM
glad to hear it bro!! :D i was expecting 11's with the 6speed but i'm very happy i was wrong!! :goodjob: thought you'd have some serious traction problems but it looks like you throttled it well!!!!! :bump:

iEvo
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
yea if i could run 10's thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn i would probably piss my pants

iloveboost
09-23-2007, 10:27 PM
That's faaaaaast!! Congrats! I'd love to see it run on ET Streets and a strong rear.

Hunter02SS
09-23-2007, 10:47 PM
glad to hear it bro!! :D i was expecting 11's with the 6speed but i'm very happy i was wrong!! :goodjob: thought you'd have some serious traction problems but it looks like you throttled it well!!!!! :bump:

To be honest, I was running 11.10's all day until I started playing around with the launch and finally the last run I picked up some et. Traction was an issue especially at the little hump in the track when I was in boost in 3rd. gear. One time the bump unloaded my rear tire's and I started to spin a little! That was crazy.I am pretty happy since I have a complete stock suspension and rear and tranny!:cheers:

onebadgt
09-24-2007, 07:13 AM
wow, 143. congrats chris, sounds like the car has alot more et in it.

NevrNufTorq
09-24-2007, 09:08 AM
To be honest, I was running 11.10's all day until I started playing around with the launch and finally the last run I picked up some et. Traction was an issue especially at the little hump in the track when I was in boost in 3rd. gear. One time the bump unloaded my rear tire's and I started to spin a little! That was crazy.I am pretty happy since I have a complete stock suspension and rear and tranny!:cheers:

you're just learning the car bro!!! now just get some m/t dr's for the track or et streets and you should really throw down! :goodjob:

Big Baller
09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Put some slicks and a decent rear end in that bitch and it should go low 9s with that trap speed.

Sport1.3
09-24-2007, 09:41 AM
There is definitely some #'s left with that trap, wow that is fast!!

Z U L8R
09-24-2007, 02:10 PM
vids where's the vids!! lol, gj on the 10 man

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
wow, 143. congrats chris, sounds like the car has alot more et in it.

Fuck ya! that car can go mid-9s with a 1.3-1.5 '60 time the way is sits now... just dunno about the tires though.

And Hunter... when are you going to put a decent rear end under that car? I hope you at least have a drive-shaft loop....

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Fuck ya! that car can go mid-9s with a 1.3-1.5 '60 time the way is sits now... just dunno about the tires though.

And Hunter... when are you going to put a decent rear end under that car? I hope you at least have a drive-shaft loop....

I have the rearend in the garage. I have an aftermarket torque arm with the driveshaft loop on it! It will all be going in soon along with the 2 step I have in front of me i am looking at in my hand's!:cheers:

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I have the rearend in the garage. I have an aftermarket torque arm with the driveshaft loop on it! It will all be going in soon along with the 2 step I have in front of me i am looking at in my hand's!:cheers:

sweet.... PM me if you're able to do a run Friday or Saturday.

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
There will be a bunch of change's real soon. Lighten the car,new 6 speed,2 step and taller tire's! I have this thing for me wanting to hit the 150mph mark and getting at least a 9.9999 with the 6 speed.

onebadgt
09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
im sure you will hit it with ease, tim at modular hit 9s with a 6 speed with 150-200 less whp and trapping low 140s

Incontt
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
a 1.5 60' woulda hit a 9.9 just like it sits. he was also hot lapping it which kills power on a turbo car as you guys know. Chris already picked up a second from his last outing...maybe next outing will be 9s!!

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
im sure you will hit it with ease, tim at modular hit 9s with a 6 speed with 150-200 less whp and trapping low 140s

Hunters car weighs alot more than Tim's car.... 3,760, right?

Also, it was a pro shift tko 600, which is like a damn auto pretty much.

Tim's car was @ 850hp at the track as well. Remember he was running the race tune at lower boost. the race tune made 932 before. The reason why he had to run lower boost is because the by-pass was screwing up... so was J.W.'s car. you were there...

I doubt it will come with 'ease' either. hunters car is capable, yes... But don't just expect anyone just to flop into the 9s that easy. It'll take time... and a T56 is probably going to need a few builds by then... not to mention a few clutches...

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Well I have been talking to a few people and I am going to take out the 6 speed. It's th400 with the tranny break and a 2 step i have in my hand's!! I have been told I should pick up another 6-8 mph with the auto and I want to feel what it is like to leave the line off boost and a 2 step!!After the 1st week in October it is under going the change!The wife say's it is ok to lighten the car up as much as possible as long as it still look's stock! Hopefully 150+mph are in the very near future along with a 9.99 at least!:cheers:

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 08:52 PM

Tim's car was @ 850hp at the track as well. Remember he was running the race tune at lower boost. the race tune made 932 before. The reason why he had to run lower boost is because the by-pass was screwing up... so was J.W.'s car. you were there...

I doubt it will come with 'ease' either. hunters car is capable, yes... But don't just expect anyone just to flop into the 9s that easy. It'll take time... and a T56 is probably going to need a few builds by then... not to mention a few clutches...

My car weigh's 3850 with me in it. I wasn't trying to break the car guy's. If I wanted to leave the line harder i would have. I was really more interested in how the car act's on stock suspension part's and the mph.Do's it have more in it YES, but not with me driving it and having stock part's! I am crazy but not stupid!:cheers:

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
My car weigh's 3850 with me in it. I wasn't trying to break the car guy's. If I wanted to leave the line harder i would have. I was really more interested in how the car act's on stock suspension part's and the mph.Do's it have more in it YES, but not with me driving it and having stock part's! I am crazy but not stupid!:cheers:

I know this... maybe your not stupid, but you have some balls to run down the track with over 135mph on Nittos and no full cage.

oh yeah, Can I quote myself? hehe

dont do it... stay auto

oh well... still th400 would be great with a gear vender.

onebadgt
09-24-2007, 09:18 PM

ya, i remember that day, i was referring to the first vid he ever posted of his car runnin, i believe it was at siver dollar, he ran a 9.99 at 140, and he told me it was just north of 700 hp on that run, but he may have stretched the truth, but either way congrats chris n sorry bout the thread jack

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
ahhh who cares the forums is all about cars. All is cool in my book...

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
I have a partial cage! Nitto's are good tire's. Better than most give credit fore.
You just have to get the tire pressure correct for the weight of the vehicle!
I was wondering when you was going to say "I told you so". It's good.The 6 speed is a blast, but the auto should be faster.:cheers:

FAHHQUE700
09-24-2007, 09:35 PM
I have a partial cage! Nitto's are good tire's. Better than most give credit fore.
You just have to get the tire pressure correct for the weight of the vehicle!
I was wondering when you was going to say "I told you so". It's good.The 6 speed is a blast, but the auto should be faster.:cheers:

yeah, sorta... you have more like a partial roll bar! lol but, I'm like you man... love shifting gears... having a stick is a little more forgiving with my setup, than a very high powered turbo setup like yours. Oh... and you'll never convince me about the nittos... I still cant wear mine out! lol I put them on my other stang (455hp) this past weekend and it's a world of difference. 315/35-17 Nitto DRs Vs BFG KDW II 295/35-18s but anything more than that... :no::no::no:

before you make your final decision on your tranny setup consider the gear vender with the th400... I know it's expensive, but it's worth it...

Hunter02SS
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
The newer nitto's have a better compound. They are not as hard as the older one's. The cage will be upgrade also, but not to any spec's. I hate climbing over the door bar and do not want the removable one either.

slowhawk01
09-24-2007, 10:51 PM
The newer nitto's have a better compound. They are not as hard as the older one's. The cage will be upgrade also, but not to any spec's. I hate climbing over the door bar and do not want the removable one either.

Chris you made the right choice on the tranny:goodjob: . Can't wait till it gets back to the track with the new one in there and it will be a easy 9 sec pass:yes:

NevrNufTorq
09-25-2007, 02:57 PM
thats what i'm talking about chris!! :boobies: welcome back to the club man!! :goodjob:

Incontt
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I dont think you will pick up MPH as an auto will dyno less but you will pick up et for sure.

With the 400 and tbrake, you can do 1.5s all day long on a decent tire....faster on good tires. Here is a little info for you
9.5 psi...launch off idle and turbo doesnt spool till after 60'.....1.98 60'.....kinda equals the type runs you were making with the easy launch
11.32 @ 131
right back in line and launched off the tbrake...no other changes...
10.29@ 132 60' was 1.56

now for more info......idle launch...1.98 60'...5 psi
11.47@ 125
only .10 slower than 9.5 psi idle launch and 6 mph slower.....all the difference is that first 330'

Hunter02SS
09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
All I want to do is hit the 150mph mark for some reason???? I know a taller tire will pick me up some mph,but with that said I also want to feel the g's off the line and see if I can get to pull the wheel's a little!Ha Ha. Decisions decision's!
I will think on it a little,but in the mean time I am going to be pulling some baggage off of it!:cheers:

Tech5
09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I am going there this Sunday, Hope to have my times

NevrNufTorq
09-25-2007, 09:25 PM
All I want to do is hit the 150mph mark for some reason???? I know a taller tire will pick me up some mph,but with that said I also want to feel the g's off the line and see if I can get to pull the wheel's a little!Ha Ha. Decisions decision's!
I will think on it a little,but in the mean time I am going to be pulling some baggage off of it!:cheers:

screw the mph bro!! :tongue1: you can do that rol racing anytime! you ride with jerry or i once when we launch and you'll forget all that mph nonsense. :blah: now after you get the fast times and consistency you want then it's fun to see if you can work out higher mph. :2cents: see ya at the v next thurs.

NevrNufTorq
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
I dont think you will pick up MPH as an auto will dyno less but you will pick up et for sure.

With the 400 and tbrake, you can do 1.5s all day long on a decent tire....faster on good tires. Here is a little info for you
9.5 psi...launch off idle and turbo doesnt spool till after 60'.....1.98 60'.....kinda equals the type runs you were making with the easy launch
11.32 @ 131
right back in line and launched off the tbrake...no other changes...
10.29@ 132 60' was 1.56

now for more info......idle launch...1.98 60'...5 psi
11.47@ 125
only .10 slower than 9.5 psi idle launch and 6 mph slower.....all the difference is that first 330'

ty Dr.Jerry!!! :taun: can we please get a round of applause for the esteemed doctor from mableton!!! :screwy: :lmfao:

on the real good info as always!!! :D

josh green
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Actually a taller tire will lower your mph. 150mph is a hell of a lot of power for a F body. Auto tranny is for drag racing, thats the ONLY reason to own one. Nice car. btw.

Incontt
09-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Chris should beef up the t56...put the 9" in and do semi aggresive launchs. he will get his 9sec pass and the mph he wants if he adds a little boost. I agree the auto would be much quicker at the track but for what he likes to do, it isnt necessary. For now, he can just watch my track times to get an idea of what his could run with a better rear and auto and then decide if its worth giving up the thrill of shifting. Our cars are close in weight (45#) and close in power output at the same boost level so a lot of comparisons can be made.

collins
09-26-2007, 11:48 AM
I am pretty happy since I have a complete stock suspension and rear and tranny!:cheers:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: dayum!!!!! this i didnt know!!! dude, thats frikkin awesome!

Hunter02SS
09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Actually a taller tire will lower your mph. 150mph is a hell of a lot of power for a F body. Auto tranny is for drag racing, thats the ONLY reason to own one. Nice car. btw.

So if I go to a 28in tall tire and get rid of my 25in tall tire,I will not pick up mph??I have to disagree with you on this!! I am only 6 mph away from my goal. I think I can do it with the power I am at now!:cheers:

Hunter02SS
09-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Chris should beef up the t56...put the 9" in and do semi aggresive launchs. he will get his 9sec pass and the mph he wants if he adds a little boost. I agree the auto would be much quicker at the track but for what he likes to do, it isnt necessary. For now, he can just watch my track times to get an idea of what his could run with a better rear and auto and then decide if its worth giving up the thrill of shifting. Our cars are close in weight (45#) and close in power output at the same boost level so a lot of comparisons can be made.

That is correct. Then we can battle out the 6 speed vs. auto! You would win of course,but it would be fun anyway!:cheers:

Incontt
09-26-2007, 08:16 PM
uh no..seriously, i mean just to get the data. No need on spending the money until you have a good idea of what the results will be (by watching mine).

SPOOLIN
09-26-2007, 11:07 PM
if you go to a larger tire diameter, you will lose mph, 99% of of the time.

josh green
09-27-2007, 09:15 PM
So if I go to a 28in tall tire and get rid of my 25in tall tire,I will not pick up mph??I have to disagree with you on this!! I am only 6 mph away from my goal. I think I can do it with the power I am at now!:cheers:
Every car I have ever seen swap to a taller tire has lost mph. By running a taller tire its just like changing your FD. A smaller tire is going to net you a higher mph b/c your rate of acceleration is greater than a taller one, given that you are not running out of gear due to the smaller tire. The only way that you can get a higher mph with a taller tire is with more power. If your not to the point where your current tire is your limitation, then there is no need for larger or wider. With the power and the car you have, a 28" 10.5" tire should do fine. I mean if the 10.5 guys can put down 2000hp or whatever they are and getting that **** in the 4's and 5's (1/8 mile), I see no need for more tire. At the track, a street tire is going to slow you down and your mph can be higher. Most of the time slips I have seen on slicks, a lower et was always at a lower mph, unless there was the ability to get more power down. If you hook sooner you accelerate sooner, not 1/2 way down the track where your mph will be up. Mph is measured at the end of the track in a box. You cross the 1st beam and then through the 2nd and your distance/time is calculated.

Hunter02SS
09-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Every car I have ever seen swap to a taller tire has lost mph. By running a taller tire its just like changing your FD. A smaller tire is going to net you a higher mph b/c your rate of acceleration is greater than a taller one, given that you are not running out of gear due to the smaller tire. The only way that you can get a higher mph with a taller tire is with more power. If your not to the point where your current tire is your limitation, then there is no need for larger or wider. With the power and the car you have, a 28" 10.5" tire should do fine. I mean if the 10.5 guys can put down 2000hp or whatever they are and getting that **** in the 4's and 5's (1/8 mile), I see no need for more tire. At the track, a street tire is going to slow you down and your mph can be higher. Most of the time slips I have seen on slicks, a lower et was always at a lower mph, unless there was the ability to get more power down. If you hook sooner you accelerate sooner, not 1/2 way down the track where your mph will be up. Mph is measured at the end of the track in a box. You cross the 1st beam and then through the 2nd and your distance/time is calculated.

That's understandable! Actually with the 9in. rear i am going to have to get a 3.50 gear. Currently i have a 3.23 gear so with the higher gear and taller tire I should be about the same.

Incontt
09-28-2007, 06:51 AM
3.5 gear is a good gear Chris. you will prolly need adjustable lower control arms as well to center the rear for clearance. i got the BMRs since the adjustment is in the center and has the quieter bushings on the end...not the rod ends like some do.