PDA

View Full Version : Poly Bushings!

Konstantin
09-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Just installed polly trailing arm bushings on the CRX.:super:

THese things are awesome. Well, anything would have been good over the totaly shot to shit stock ones I had. THe ass end is nice and stiff, no more sound like shit is about to come apart every time I hit a bump or turn.
I gotta say, though, that these things are a BITCH to put in. Took like 3 hours from car being lifted to back on ground and running. I would have posted pics...but they got deleted. All of them. I was pissed.

Soo....if anyone is up for any runs, I am again willing to play.

Also, thanks to Jeff. This guy drove out to meet me and gave me a great deal on the bushings. THanks much, man. :yourock:

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Those bushings make a magical difference. Come to IS this sunday. Dare and I are goin' at it...

And yes...I recall how much of a bitch those things were to get in, LoL.

Konstantin
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, actually to get the new ones in was OK. I had a special $700 tool to use, it was more getting hte old ones out that was the BITCH. TOward the end I said fuck it and took map gas and a wire brush to them. That was kinda hairy though...they were still on the car and this was inches from the gas tank, was a lil hairy. Had to stop and let things cool off regularly

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 05:29 PM
LoL, it was winter when I changed mine, and we just happened to be having a fire in the fireplace. I threw the shit in for about 30minutes. Brought it out glowing red and just blew off the rubber remains...

jfrolang
09-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Cool. :D

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 06:18 PM
LoLoL JFRO = full of funny faces. Hey, get your ass to Showdown...

jfrolang
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM
LoLoL JFRO = full of funny faces. Hey, get your ass to Showdown...
I won't be there. I'm working all next weekend.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Tell the army you have more important things to do... :ninja:

Konstantin
09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd make a witty remark or something, but I have no rom to talk, I'll be throwing my brother a birthday party Sunday.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 09:13 PM
WEAKSAUCE. He'll wanna see a race, I"m sure.

Konstantin
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Damn, driving my car today was :super:

Heh, i don't think i mentioned that while doing the bushings I found that my rear sway bar brackets broke too, so it was worthless. I welded those back together and reattached at same time.

sooo, now driving it is like night and day around turns. :bannana:
I am very pleased.