PDA

View Full Version : CRX CAMBER KIT???

RiDinDurRty
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
WHATS THE BEST CAMBER KIT FOR A REX??FRONT AND REAR. A KIT THAT DOESNT COME LOOSE.

jfrolang
09-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Why do you want less camber? Camber helps you turn. If your tires are wearing too fast get the toe reset to zero.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, too much camber can actually hurt you...depends on his drop...

My front camber kit is made by Revo2...ebay special, but does a damn good job of what I need it to do... The rear, I don't have one. The inners wear a little faster than the outs...but not enough to where I'd need a camber kit...

Papa_Smurf
09-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Yea, Ebay camber kit works just fine.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Get the full upper control arm for the front, though. NOT the ball/socket type...

jfrolang
09-23-2007, 06:05 PM
You'd need a lot of neg. camber to start hurting the handling gain.. like 6 or more degrees. That's basically not possible on an EF, unless it's literally sitting on the ground.

If you insist on a camber kit, a complete upper arm is the way to go, front and rear. Omni, Skunk2 and King Motorsports make adjustable rear upper arms. A cheaper rear camber kit is some longer bolts and washers to space the rear upper arm out from the body more.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Negative...unless skunk recently released one, they only make 92+ I believe omni only makes the ball join. King, I don't know about.

Correct me if wrong...it's been a couple months since I researched it...

For the rear, you can go on ebay and get one, but you're cheaper-off just getting longer bolts + some washers.

JFRO = full of good info :goodjob:

cornercarver78
09-23-2007, 06:22 PM
i don't know if skunk2 has one that will work on an ef, but the one on my eg sucked, it came loose which freaked me out. My general idea now is not to lower my car so far that i have to have one.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
i don't know if skunk2 has one that will work on an ef, but the one on my eg sucked, it came loose which freaked me out. My general idea now is not to lower my car so far that i have to have one.
LoLoL

Well, don't be afraid of it. Skunk2 makes AWESOME products, so I'm not gonna say "you didn't buy quality" but perhaps it was a lemon/fluke, or maybe it was installed improperly or not tightened all the way? I know mine are tight as hell.

cornercarver78
09-23-2007, 07:47 PM
LoLoL

Well, don't be afraid of it. Skunk2 makes AWESOME products, so I'm not gonna say "you didn't buy quality" but perhaps it was a lemon/fluke, or maybe it was installed improperly or not tightened all the way? I know mine are tight as hell.

I don't hate skunk2, i have some of their coilovers on the way btw. The camber kit was on the car when i got it so it was a little worn out, but i just don't think its the best design as far as redundancy goes. I'd hate to be cornering hard and have that thing shift

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah...it'll mess you up if you leave it loose and hit a turn. I was in my civic and didn't tighten those things all the way up and I almost lost it around the first turn cuz the front end shifted...

I've got the skunk race coils. They're stiff...but damn do they stick...