PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Paintball Guns?

HvyArms
09-22-2007, 03:32 PM
In a few weeks, a gang of my friends are going to Paintball Atlanta. I already have some gear, but I usually rent a gun.

So now I'm planning to buy a gun, but I know nothing about them. Any suggestions?

Links would help too. Preesh

Frög
09-22-2007, 03:36 PM
autococker.. its hard to give you suggestions.. don't know your price range or anything..

HvyArms
09-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Well, I really dont wanna go over 3hun. Maybe 5hun tops.

The Ninja
09-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Lol wow. Autocockers are dead. I've been playing paintball for some time now, I started my high-school team, and it looks like I'll be Ga STate alumni's charter to start a new paintball club. autocockers are definitely not for a beginner anyways, just forget those. Go get yourself an ION, or if you're a big spender get an Epiphany. Plenty of people knock Ions and say they are just plastic epiphany, even then they perform just as well, and barely push into the $200 range. Pick up an ION, play with it for a few weeks, then start modifying it. Ion's are like... the civic of the paintball world now, minus all the ricer negative bullshit. So much aftermarket for'em. I've seen Ion's outshoot Ego's, but only after some extensive mods. Get an ION, buy a barrel and maybe a T-board to go with it, and you'll be set for some time.

The Ninja
09-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh and check this forum, I frequent them, and have picked up some good deals on gear from members from there.

www.pbnation.com

HvyArms
09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Im definately a beginner. I've played once, 2 years ago. But the rental guns lacked power/range. And midway thru our set, some little kids showed up with guns that had auto loaders. They had some kinda fans on them, and ruined my team.

Does ION have a site?

The Ninja
09-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Yea, Smart Parts makes them. They had force feed loaders, lol, not fans but those fins you saw at the bottom are the manual turn style in case it locks or anything. Those basically just force the balls down into the barrel thus decreasing the amount of time it takes for it to load and increasing the amount of paint you can sling at your opponent in a second. Its not the equipment though, its the players. Try www.smartparts.com, I think thats the official site, if not just google it.

4dmin
09-22-2007, 04:31 PM
i'm w/ d-ninja, autocockers are dead unless your running some sick ass eblade which are very very accurate, but... it is all about tuning w/ that gun. you can go get a ion around 200$ upgrade board + barrel and have a great gun. i've been playing pball since early 90's i've owned everything from angels, autocockers, automags, tribals, brass eagles, tippmanns, smartparts, etc... you can't go wrong w/ Ion, Nerves, Shockers, etc..(smartparts guns); there are tons of certified places to work on them and they are a all around great gun. :goodjob:

iEvo
09-22-2007, 04:51 PM
if ur a noob DONT get an autococker!!! there awesome guns when there working but u have to tinker with them a ton. my last gun before i got out of the game was an ION. it weighed like 5 lbs and shot 17 BPS out of the box. it was a badass gun. if your goin to really get into it get somthin electronic

coolcat
09-22-2007, 05:13 PM
The only thing I know about paintball guns is that it hurts like hell when you get shot in the ass by one by your jerk friend who has probably the most powerfull paintgun in the world shooting about 4,567,388 FPS about 30 feet from you.

Stormhammer
09-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Tippman A5 is a great gun, I love mine, I got it as a new guy 2 years ago, and I still use it. I love it.

The Ninja
09-22-2007, 05:21 PM
The only thing I know about paintball guns is that it hurts like hell when you get shot in the ass by one by your jerk friend who has probably the most powerfull paintgun in the world shooting about 4,567,388 FPS about 30 feet from you.

Shit cracks me up.
:lmfao::lmfao:

osnap
09-22-2007, 06:50 PM
damn i miss my old texas storm intimidator...

Psycho
09-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I call this little guy Arnold.

Psycho
09-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Grenade launchers are the shit.
Every halloween, Arnold and I wreak havok upon the population.:D

redrumracer
09-22-2007, 09:46 PM
i agree the tippmans are good guns also. good accuracy(that or my friend is a really good shooter.......sorta)

TheProfiteer
09-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah the A5 is probably the best gun in the price range, and damn near maintenance free. Last for ever, I think the Tippys are the best noob guns around, IMO

redrumracer
09-22-2007, 10:43 PM
do yall play on an outlined course or in the woods

osiriskidd
09-22-2007, 10:52 PM
impulse.

Double_0_Rusty
09-23-2007, 01:06 AM
I have two guns.......I have an Angel (cant remember model number) with nothing done to it.

and a

Tippman 98 custom, flat-line barrel, laser scope, force feeder, and the volciety tuned higher than field regulation .....I bought it from a Marine, and I have been shot by it......made me cry. I have 4 20oz tanks, 2 9oz tanks, neoprene chest protector, and two facemasks and some other goodies.

Stormhammer
09-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah the A5 is probably the best gun in the price range, and damn near maintenance free. Last for ever, I think the Tippys are the best noob guns around, IMO

also the feed cylinder runs off of CO2 and not gravity, doesn't jam up, and have a burst fire mode ( you can modify it to be automatic ) I have one with a sniper kit that has a 20" barrel, collaspsible stock, a CORE Deadbox Reflex sight with a red dot, offset sight rail, a sling - essentially the whole kit. I love sniping my friends. I also have 2 Delta .68 paintball handguns - only downside is they only use 12oz CO2 cartridges and hold about 10 paintballs, but they're quite handy when you're playing in say a wooded area and they're hunting you down and you need to reload your hopper and as your doing so you see movement as they're about to shoot you and you gunsling them out and open fire - they never expect it :D

Psycho
09-23-2007, 02:24 AM
I don't like the accuracy of my A5. It's a great gun for up close, the light weight is nice, and the mp5k design is neat. But once you get to open areas you can't hit very much at a distance. My 98 custom is a bit cumbersome, but grenade and shotgun rounds are great for taking care of tightly clustered squads.
98 custom > A5

Psycho
09-23-2007, 02:27 AM
Airsoft > Paintball
/thread

RandomGuy
09-23-2007, 02:48 AM
What kind of gun are you looking for mayne? (range)

I got some I can sell.

NewGen33
09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/spo/393438386.html

HvyArms
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
What kind of gun are you looking for mayne? (range)

I got some I can sell.

I dont know actually. I mean, something with good accuracy, and pretty good range. Im gonna be at paintball atlanta we're going to for eid. you ever been? the courses are pretty much out in the open.

imbosile
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
I suggest an Ion, I had for a for a while, never broke a single ball. Performed flawlessly.

RandomGuy
09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I dont know actually. I mean, something with good accuracy, and pretty good range. Im gonna be at paintball atlanta we're going to for eid. you ever been? the courses are pretty much out in the open.
yes.... used to go alot when i was like 14, 15

i dont think paintball atlanta was open then... we had a place called eagles nest or something

what kind as in... full auto (ratatatatatat) , semi auto (rat.... tat......tat)..... pump action ( rat [cock] tat [cock] tat)

itsjustdee
09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
paintball guns are fun :)

HvyArms
09-24-2007, 12:37 PM

i dont think paintball atlanta was open then... we had a place called eagles nest or something

what kind as in... full auto (ratatatatatat) , semi auto (rat.... tat......tat)..... pump action ( rat [cock] tat [cock] tat)

Full Auto would be...best.

81911SC
09-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Full auto wastes to much paint. 3 burst is where its at.

HvyArms
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM
You're probably right. So, is that semi-auto? I'm thinking semi-auto handgun, one shot each squeeze. 3 burst would be fine too. The main thing is that I dont want to spend more than $300 for everything.

81911SC
09-24-2007, 12:46 PM
3 burst is one click and three come out. I got a spyder imagine with a lot of extra shit I will sell cheap man.

HvyArms
09-24-2007, 12:48 PM
what all would come with it?

RandomGuy
09-24-2007, 01:26 PM
clear your PMs durka

2TONETTFD
09-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a fully custome autococker that every time you whip it out it starts a conversation. and I have a 98custome with a 18" boom stick and a custome automag expanstion chamber pluse I have loaders and tanks as well I will make you a good deal if interested pm me

HvyArms
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
My PMs ARE clear, feel free to PM me.

TheProfiteer
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't like the accuracy of my A5. It's a great gun for up close, the light weight is nice, and the mp5k design is neat. But once you get to open areas you can't hit very much at a distance. My 98 custom is a bit cumbersome, but grenade and shotgun rounds are great for taking care of tightly clustered squads.
98 custom > A5

did you mate it with the flatline barrel?

If you have your velocity turned up to high on the tippys with the short stock barrel you get these wierd unexpected curves in the paintball travel.

the flatline on pretty much any veloctiy will only curve one way. And gives an extra 50 feet of flat flight.

biggest thing about A5 is that in small arena games its so conspicious. You'll get hit in the gun more then you will anywhere else.

A5 is best fucking woodsball gun PERIOD!

MikeyPrzy
09-24-2007, 06:02 PM

Why did you stop playing?

oh yeah I remember you told me once, you were too easy to target :lmfao:

Hit me up *****