PDA

View Full Version : stupid sunroof

khaxnguyen
09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
DO anyone know who fixes sunroof? I think my motor's dying or weakening. sometimes i'll pop open then it wont. i dont use it anymore kuz i'm afraid it might not close. maybe it needs some grease. i've been looking, but not many people play with sunroofs.

korilee13
09-22-2007, 04:31 PM
just buy a new motor for the sunroof maybe?

koukis14
09-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Take the whole thing out. Glass, rails, motor and all. Then stick a big flat hunk of carbon fiber in there.

Tech5
09-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Does it slide back fine, or just dont pop, up ? I have seen them get worn out an needs to be shimmed, if thats the case at my shop we charg 75 shim the glass, what kind of car is it? if its a honda, We have not seen alot of motors that go out, so if its a honda or acrura, Might need to be shimmed Thanks Hope I help alittle

_Christian_
09-23-2007, 02:45 AM
try greasing it first. the friction over time will wear the motor out so try that next.

khaxnguyen
09-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Does it slide back fine, or just dont pop, up ? I have seen them get worn out an needs to be shimmed, if thats the case at my shop we charg 75 shim the glass, what kind of car is it? if its a honda, We have not seen alot of motors that go out, so if its a honda or acrura, Might need to be shimmed Thanks Hope I help alittle

Nice lol. I THINK it suppose to go back and POP up. what is shimming? give your address to your shop. Might see u in a weeek or two. it's NOT OEM sun roof. it was something ghetto. u might laugh when u see it.:ninja:

and I have not tried to grease it nor open it in about 3-4 months ebcause i'm afraid it wont close. lol