PDA

View Full Version : ugh

1439/2000
09-22-2007, 07:58 AM
I hate how I can be away from IA for 4 months, see somebody that joined after I left and then they have 6000 posts and full rep. It means nothng.

This site needs to get revamped for real. I saw the thread justin made a while back and I think something needs to be done about it. Make people that stay around be worthwhile and actually be into cars. Because this is a car forum. You get the guy that joins and his only post is in relationships forum? lol lame

I say somebody makes it 10x easier to just get banned on here to clean up the place.

If you join and you are just straight up dumb and all your posts dont make sense, then you are banned for 6 mos to READ ONLY, then after you are not a complete moron, you can post again.

Again now someone with a join date of July 07 with 3500 posts will reply with "Who are you?"

KPowerEP3
09-22-2007, 08:12 AM
I hate how I can be away from IA for 4 months, see somebody that joined after I left and then they have 6000 posts and full rep. It means nothng.

This site needs to get revamped for real. I saw the thread justin made a while back and I think something needs to be done about it. Make people that stay around be worthwhile and actually be into cars. Because this is a car forum. You get the guy that joins and his only post is in relationships forum? lol lame

I say somebody makes it 10x easier to just get banned on here to clean up the place.

If you join and you are just straight up dumb and all your posts dont make sense, then you are banned for 6 mos to READ ONLY, then after you are not a complete moron, you can post again.

Again now someone with a join date of July 07 with 3500 posts will reply with "Who are you?"

truth.

crxsiguy
09-22-2007, 08:21 AM
that is True! Look at my join date and my post count and rep, and i get on here everyday! i dont really do the post whoreing thing thou.. also 1439/2000 your car sounded SICK the other night (this is mike That was with cliff)

KPowerEP3
09-22-2007, 08:27 AM
I haven't been around as long as you guys, but I've got a couple years under my belt...and it's laughable to me that there's one guy who joined in june with like 4k posts.

quickdodgeŽ
09-22-2007, 08:50 AM
.and it's laughable to me that there's one guy who joined in june with like 4k posts.

I don't get that shit. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
09-22-2007, 09:31 AM
look at that phatboislim dude

he has like 20k in a few months lol wtf

all of those posts are in whore threads like post this about sum1 above you and other BS threads

S II K
09-22-2007, 10:05 AM
haha wheres GsrTeg or whatever his name is
that motherfucker is a prime example of whoring.

1000cckiller
09-22-2007, 10:09 AM
haha wheres GsrTeg or whatever his name is
that motherfucker is a prime example of whoring.<34integras is a prime example

S II K
09-22-2007, 10:10 AM
^^^whores FTL

SampaGuy
09-22-2007, 10:10 AM
agreed.

iloveboost
09-22-2007, 10:11 AM
"B" is another prime example.

Edit: Hahaha, this thread is funny. Calling out post whores. 90% of them have probably never posted anything car related either and post stupid crap.

1000cckiller
09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
^^^whores FTLwhat you have ya little arrows pointing at me for sucka

1439/2000
09-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Edit: Hahaha, this thread is funny. Calling out post whores. 90% of them have probably never posted anything car related either and post stupid crap.

Its seems like there is mostly drama, varsity pictures and a for sale forum here now.

There is no real tech information and I think people see the lack of real "car talk" and then feel thats its just a chat forum. Which is fine sometimes. But if you 20k posts and none of them are about cars, why are you here?

that is True! Look at my join date and my post count and rep, and i get on here everyday! i dont really do the post whoreing thing thou.. also 1439/2000 your car sounded SICK the other night (this is mike That was with cliff)

Ahh Mike what is going on? Hopefully the 240 gets painted next week.

SampaGuy
09-22-2007, 10:24 AM

look at our join dates and # of posts

YOU WHORE

iloveboost
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Its seems like there is mostly drama, varsity pictures and a for sale forum here now.

There is no real tech information and I think people see the lack of real "car talk" and then feel thats its just a chat forum. Which is fine sometimes. But if you 20k posts and none of them are about cars, why are you here?
:yes:

This is why I stay in the KillsForum and wander out every now and again. It seems that it's one of the last places on the forum where you can find more car-oriented posts and topics.

I've always used more car/engine specific forums for tech help, research and troubleshooting (honda-tech, ls1tech, corvetteforum, etc)

iloveboost
09-22-2007, 10:30 AM
look at our join dates and # of posts

YOU WHORE
Haha, I noticed that a second ago. I post a lot in the KillsForum. You may find 5% of my posts MIGHT be from the Whoreslounge, and it's for posts like this.

2.61 posts per day is a far cry from post whoring, lol.

JITB
09-22-2007, 10:31 AM
car talk forum is decent sometimes!

1439/2000
09-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I've always used more car/engine specific forums for tech help, research and troubleshooting (honda-tech, ls1tech, corvetteforum, etc)

Me too and it sucks because this site could be so much more because I know there are smart, knowledgable people on here.

BUT....they dont post or read threads because most of it is garbage.

galantvr4.org, dsmtalk.com, zilvia.net if I have questions or even using the search functions gets you answers. There is no real archive of car stuff on here.

Tracy
09-22-2007, 10:38 AM
Me too and it sucks because this site could be so much more because I know there are smart, knowledgable people on here.

BUT....they dont post or read threads because most of it is garbage.

galantvr4.org, dsmtalk.com, zilvia.net if I have questions or even using the search functions gets you answers. There is no real archive of car stuff on here.

You know what's even better....try searching the information on Supra Forums where there is a wealth of car related, useful info....oh wait, you can't. They took away the search function ;) Now you just get to read the same questions over and over because you can't snidely say use the search button when someone asks a question that has been beat to death :)

iloveboost
09-22-2007, 10:41 AM
You know what's even better....try searching the information on Supra Forums where there is a wealth of car related, useful info....oh wait, you can't. They took away the search function ;) Now you just get to read the same questions over and over because you can't snidely say use the search button when someone asks a question that has been beat to death :)
I tried researching Supras before I got my Z and couldn't because of the search function was disabled. I'd have to go through 10-15 pages of the same questions being asked on the tech sub-forums and got tired and gave up.

Tracy
09-22-2007, 10:45 AM
I tried researching Supras before I got my Z and couldn't because of the search function was disabled. I'd have to go through 10-15 pages of the same questions being asked on the tech sub-forums and got tired and gave up.

Yep, it sucks. They just did that recently. I mean, what is the use of a forum such as that if you can't search the information???? I think they even started banning people for asking where the search button went. :???:

1439/2000
09-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah every other forum gets built up info that you can search and share. This forum isnt for "learning".

OneSlow5pt0
09-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah every other forum gets built up info that you can search and share. This forum isnt for "learning".

yep.

fucksohc
09-22-2007, 02:24 PM
i guess i could be construed as a "whore?"

cactusEG
09-22-2007, 02:35 PM

thats what i keep saying...