PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting it to go...

JDM onlyy
09-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey let me start off by saying that I have a 1991 Honda Civic DX with a D15B7 engine with a D16Z6 head, with that being said I finally got the car running again and fixed, now the problem is, when I try to drive it around...it feels like it doesn't want to go...

I can't figure out if its a clutch problem or if its something else, and it sounds mean as hell...it sounds like I have ITB's but its just a stock manifold, but its LOUD!! I also have a leak from the water passage from the back that goes to the water pump...don't know how to fix that, should I just get a new one? I'm not sure if its bent or not in all the way as seeing as how my lazy ass friend that does everything half-assed put that in...

But about the driving, it feels like I can't get it to go, like I have to dump on the gas soooo much and ease of the clutch really gently or else it'll stall. I'm not sure if the clutch won't disengage or what?? How tight am I supposed to make the cable for the clutch? I tried loosening it a little bit and it seemed to help, but I don't wanna take it off so far that it doesn't work. But if someone tells me that it'll help then I'll do it.

But if anyone knows anything information then it'd be greatly appreciated...

redrumracer
09-21-2007, 11:59 PM
is the clutch slippin or do you just have to give it the gas so youll have power. id check the timing first

JDM onlyy
09-22-2007, 01:14 AM
is the clutch slippin or do you just have to give it the gas so youll have power. id check the timing first

I can't really tell if the clutch is slipping or not...I mean even when I'm already off the clutch, if I STOMP on the gas...it goes no where. It just gets really loud and go goes no where...and it revs up there and everything but it doesn't go no where. I just did the timing..unless it moved while I was doing it, then thats probably why...it also makes popping noises and my friend said it came from the throttle body....possibly my timing off? But I don't think that explains why my car doesn't go anywhere when I stomp on the gas and I'm already moving...at least I don't think.

mxglory258
09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
When my B16 jumped time, I had to do the same thing just to get it off the road. It also sounded "mean as hell" so to speak. However, it was only my intake cam out of time. I'm not sure if the same thing could happen on a single cam or not, but I highly doubt it.

Check valves too. I had atleast 2 bad valves in my EK with the 1.6 in it. SOHC. It also jumped time, and I found 9 trashed valves total. When I got the head back, and put it on the car it ran w/out any problems.

~GILLEY~
09-22-2007, 02:01 AM
emtpy you pm box i have ? about the phone

TheProfiteer
09-22-2007, 02:23 AM
its your timing.

TheProfiteer
09-22-2007, 02:26 AM
^^^make sure you checking your timing right.

There should be notches, either way get head to be TDC at #1, then do the same for the block, you shoul be good then

JDM onlyy
09-22-2007, 12:39 PM
emtpy you pm box i have ? about the phone

cleared...

JDM onlyy
09-22-2007, 12:41 PM
^^^make sure you checking your timing right.

There should be notches, either way get head to be TDC at #1, then do the same for the block, you shoul be good then

Thanks, I'll redo the timing cause I do think it moved a lil bit when I was doing it...I'll try it again and update you guys on it...

RBS
09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
you should also check your kanooter valve, its known to go bad in honduhs lol