PDA

View Full Version : Ok...update...

Cato ED-6
09-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok so today I leave my house around 10am, get stuck in traffic and get gas.

Jump on 75 southbound around 11am, going down near smyrna to hang out with some friends. About to pass the 575 and 75 merger, and my distributor strips the shaft, so the screw falls out and the engine dies. Now this has happened before, easy fix for me I've done it about 4x now.:screwy: I jump 5 lanes of traffic and park on the actual merger. If you haven't been....don't go. I try to fix it, can't, call a friend, get a new dist, put it on, and it fails to fire. I realize I fucked up the timeing. No problem. Get a tow to my dad's place, good friends FTW. Fix the timing, drive it and its fine.;)

Now its about 6PM, on the side of the highway for about 5 hours and at my dads for about 2 hours. I'm not stressing it because I can still go have fun for about 5 hours. I drive about 20 minutes.......Fucking Camshaft breaks....Oh I'm having fun now, right? And right when it happened I'm like...."Its either really small or really big". I get out and smell something burning. Pop the hood and the smell...increases?...I unsrcew the oil cap...and see the damn camshaft in pieces...and I never thought I would flick off a piece of metal...But I did.:2up:

So I'm fucked.
1. I just wasted a $90 pass to a show.
2. I just bought a $150 dist, that now I can't use or return.
3. I have an insurance payment due.
4. To top it off I have no EF for a couple of weeks.
5. Oh I don't have money for ANY engine. Not even a junkyard D15.
6. To add more damage, my mom calls and basicly says she hates my car and that I should get a different one. I'm like, "Thanks mom, like I don't have enough problems. Or money for any car."

So tommorow I'm swapping an engine in a S10 so I have a ride.:D Oh ya its going to be fun. I'm the champ when it comes to S10s, I'll have it done in 8 hours. And have emissions done in 30 minutes. So give me 12 hours and I'll be legally driving a nice S10.

So obviously, any one need a D15 distributor? I need engine money.
Oh and ya, Ben, can't make it tommorow...If you haven't figured out.
And anyone know where I can get an engine for CHEAP...like next to free cheap?

And I thought I'd be chilling and relaxing this weekend.:(

smokeyj
09-21-2007, 11:23 PM
sorry to hear about that, Its just the top end of your motor fucked up right you might wanna think about just getting a new head that will save you a few bucks instead of whole motor and then you can still use your new distributor

EvasiveEF9
09-22-2007, 12:57 AM
Aight, Chris, easy, bro. We can fix the problem...are you forgetting I have two FULL and COMPLETE d15's in the basement at my house? I don't mind tryin' to help ya out. Call me tomorrow when you wake up (uh...probably after noon, sometime...) and I'll do what I can to help you out. I've got extra cams, dizzy's...whatever we need. Hell...aside from a couple random pieces, we could probably do a full 5-speed d15b2 swap to your car, if you wanted...

Get me back.

bigdare23
09-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Damn, i had days like that before. It will get better!!!

Papa_Smurf
09-22-2007, 10:14 AM
damn, and i thought my ticket was bad.

Ben will help ya get that Ef back on the road bro, dont worr about it.

ash7
09-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Good grief man!

you're having a baaaaad day... don't worry, the EF Squad is here to pimp your ride. :D

your day will get better holmes, cheer up!
-jonathan

Cato ED-6
09-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Ok, first off I've realised today that when anything big happens to me it is pure luck. If me engine hadn't of died on me, I'd have even more problems right now.

So, today around 9am me and my dad go out and inspect the D15. Luckly its not completely shot;) . What we thought were pieces of camshaft, was actually a piece of the rocker assembly. I realize the Dist I bought from AutoZone was made wrong, the teeth(connects the cam to dist.) Stick out farther then they should. Pushing the cam out of place, by like a pinch. Making the cam tear off a piece to the assembly:( .

So now I'm pissed at Autozone, I call them up and tell them all this, and they say they aren't responsible for installation errors, which is bull because we put it on perfect and the piece was defective. I argue for awhile:blah: , and after a while we get no where. So it ends with no money from them to fix it. So with an iron filer I shorten the teeth so they fit perfectly in the cam. and Luckly my dad knows about every junkyard around here. We call the yard, no awnser. So we call the owner on his personal phone(good connections FTW:D ). Tell him I need a rocker assembly, he says he'll go check. He hasn't called me back.:ninja:

Now we have nothing to do. And I know my dad is going to have to pay for it, since I'm dead broke. So we work out a deal, I do all the work for the day and he'll cover the charges. So I did the entire engine removal from the S10, did all the work on my engine, and organize his entire shop. We are going to swap all the external parts over to the new engine and put that in tommorow. So I'm sore all over, but I've learned a great deal today.

Thanks all yall for info, offering of parts, and...nice words?...god I never thought I'd say that...
But for the moment its down, but not out. Just need to get my hands on a rocker assembly and I should be good.:goodjob:

ash7
09-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Ok, first off I've realised today that when anything big happens to me it is pure luck. If me engine hadn't of died on me, I'd have even more problems right now.

So, today around 9am me and my dad go out and inspect the D15. Luckly its not completely shot;) . What we thought were pieces of camshaft, was actually a piece of the rocker assembly. I realize the Dist I bought from AutoZone was made wrong, the teeth(connects the cam to dist.) Stick out farther then they should. Pushing the cam out of place, by like a pinch. Making the cam tear off a piece to the assembly:( .

So now I'm pissed at Autozone, I call them up and tell them all this, and they say they aren't responsible for installation errors, which is bull because we put it on perfect and the piece was defective. I argue for awhile:blah: , and after a while we get no where. So it ends with no money from them to fix it. So with an iron filer I shorten the teeth so they fit perfectly in the cam. and Luckly my dad knows about every junkyard around here. We call the yard, no awnser. So we call the owner on his personal phone(good connections FTW:D ). Tell him I need a rocker assembly, he says he'll go check. He hasn't called me back.:ninja:

Now we have nothing to do. And I know my dad is going to have to pay for it, since I'm dead broke. So we work out a deal, I do all the work for the day and he'll cover the charges. So I did the entire engine removal from the S10, did all the work on my engine, and organize his entire shop. We are going to swap all the external parts over to the new engine and put that in tommorow. So I'm sore all over, but I've learned a great deal today.

Thanks all yall for info, offering of parts, and...nice words?...god I never thought I'd say that...
But for the moment its down, but not out. Just need to get my hands on a rocker assembly and I should be good.:goodjob:

i told you that your day would get better!

i called Lafawnda the palm reader and asked about you...

now where's that 20 bucks you owe me?

just kiddin bro
-jonathan

Cato ED-6
09-22-2007, 07:45 PM
now where's that 20 bucks you owe me?

just kiddin bro
-jonathan

cocky mother....LOL I won't even be able to pay.:D

EvasiveEF9
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey, man. Sorry to have hung up on you, tonight. You called me RIGHT in the middle of me yelling at a chick that had me late for an appointment, and my phone was dying, so I could call to tell them I was going to be late.

What'd you need?

Cato ED-6
09-23-2007, 03:58 PM
ok, so I've got the car running. Even paid my debt off and got my car looking nicer. Now all thats left is to rip it apart and replace alot of seals, bearings, and belts. LOL work never ends.:rolleyes:

Ben keep me updated with that piece for the brakes, I'll come pick it up as soon as I can. And you'll see what I did to those rims you sold me.:goodjob: Thanks man.

EvasiveEF9
09-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing those rims.

Glad I could hook you up and get you back up and running. Now get your ass to import showdown!

Call me tomorrow to make sure my ass doesn't forget to order that part...