PDA

View Full Version : Well...I went running...

EvasiveEF9
09-20-2007, 06:09 PM
No no no, numb nuts. Not with my car. I mean by foot...jogging...

I started training, today, trying to get in shape for basic. I've only got like 4 months...I figure I should seriously get started. I figured I had plenty of time...because I was in the corps until this past may...and I haven't been eating alot, and have been RELATIVELY active...

Apparently, after making it about a mile and a half, today...holy crap. I'm out of shape. I'm even embarassed to say I ran ONLY that mile and a half before walking 1/2 mile in order to run the final 3/4mile back the house. (it's a round circuit I run...not a track, or back-and-forth).

Man...I'z got lots of training to do... I can also only do sets of 28pushups at time... I used to do like 60-80 at a time, man! This fuckin' blows! Then again...most of my training was up in Dahlonega. Clean air rocked...and I was a little dehydrated, today.

I'll be back at it again, tomorrow. More hydrated, that time. Let's see how it goes!

mocha latte cupcake
09-20-2007, 06:11 PM
run forest run, its ok you'll get back into it, i'm the same way i used to be able to run 3 miles no sweat, not i get 1 1/2 and i'm dyin lol i'm around the 50 pushup mark but lemme tell ya that last 10 takes forever lol

good luck buddy

Cato ED-6
09-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Run in the woods, you'll be cooler and it doesn't impact your feet as hard.
and IMO its more pleasant. I used to be able to run a 5 mile orienteering course and not be exhausted. But now I stress for 2 miles...:(

Survival Training FTW:goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
run forest run, its ok you'll get back into it, i'm the same way i used to be able to run 3 miles no sweat, not i get 1 1/2 and i'm dyin lol i'm around the 50 pushup mark but lemme tell ya that last 10 takes forever lol

good luck buddy
I was in the corps of cadets. I'd run 2.5miles in 14-16minutes (depended on if it was 33degrees out, or 43degrees, and if I was sick or not). 3 days a week we'd wake and go running 4-6 miles plus upper-body work out. Option B was 6-8miles at a steady and semi-slow pace. Option C was rucking about 3-4miles with 40+lbs on our back. Pushups were special for me cuz I'd fuck with sgts in the corps. I'd end up doing about 30-60elevated pushups (ankles hooked to the top bunk, hands on the tile floor) nightly.

Basically...damn, I got outta shape...

Run in the woods, you'll be cooler and it doesn't impact your feet as hard.
and IMO its more pleasant. I used to be able to run a 5 mile orienteering course and not be exhausted. But now I stress for 2 miles...:(

Survival Training FTW:goodjob:
Yeah, but where I live "running in the woods" means you're probably getting arrested. And I don't wanan drive up to redtop... I'll probably switch to morning runs before work if I could just get my ass in bed at a reasonable hour. Shit, you live just up the street from me...let's go running and shit.

ash7
09-20-2007, 06:41 PM
look at all you folks runnin and getting in shape and stuff!

just makes me smile :)

-jonathan

Cato ED-6
09-20-2007, 06:50 PM
And I don't wanan drive up to redtop...Shit, you live just up the street from me...let's go running and shit.

LOL, Not exactly man...

I live right next to Allatoona and like 5 mins from Red Top.:D

EvasiveEF9
09-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh...well shit, LoL. Tha'ts right.

cornercarver78
09-20-2007, 07:11 PM
it always seems more humid in the woods to me for some reason.

EvasiveEF9
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
it always seems more humid in the woods to me for some reason.
Well, if you'd quit peeing on yourself before you run...

Cato ED-6
09-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, if you'd quit peeing on yourself before you run...

Well that is true.

Running the trails is, IMO, one of the best ways to train. Uphill runs are always fun.:D

EvasiveEF9
09-20-2007, 07:59 PM
Well that is true.

Running the trails is, IMO, one of the best ways to train. Uphill runs are always fun.:D
...do you remember my neighborhood?

efman
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
i'm in the best shape of the year right now for me, half way through football i dont get in better shape ! anyway evasive stop being a little girl !

Cato ED-6
09-20-2007, 08:14 PM
...do you remember my neighborhood?

Yes I know your hilly neighborhood.

Papa_Smurf
09-21-2007, 01:16 PM
running FTL

bigdare23
09-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Baby speaks the truth :lmfao:

EvasiveEF9
09-21-2007, 06:24 PM
i'm in the best shape of the year right now for me, half way through football i dont get in better shape ! anyway evasive stop being a little girl !
Man, if you'd known me last spring, I'd have made a girl out of you...

running FTL
Hey, I mean, your car is slow...your feet will just match.

::::oh snap:::::

Baby speaks the truth :lmfao:
Dare...you're not white...

Besides. I'm not naturally good at running.... :lmfao:
We need wings, again, man.

jfrolang
09-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Did somebody say Wild Wings?

EvasiveEF9
09-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Did somebody say Wild Wings?
Did somebody's ears perk up?

Let me check my money situation, and I just may be down for it...next week. If not...DEFINITLY the week after. It'll give people time to clear their schedules. I think the last wild wings get together we has was pretty damn good, minus a wreckless driver, LoL.

bigdare23
09-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Did somebody's ears perk up?

Let me check my money situation, and I just may be down for it...next week. If not...DEFINITLY the week after. It'll give people time to clear their schedules. I think the last wild wings get together we has was pretty damn good, minus a wreckless driver, LoL.

"I'm soooo JdM tYtE Yo. I got Glass Roof on these hoes"

BOOM :lmfao:

jfrolang
09-21-2007, 07:18 PM
You can't have a crazy white car without a crazy white driver.

EvasiveEF9
09-21-2007, 07:28 PM
"I'm soooo JdM tYtE Yo. I got Glass Roof on these hoes"

BOOM :lmfao:Seriously...I love how close the Squad is. We tear each other apart online...but when we get in person, we're like best buds...LoL

You can't have a crazy white car without a crazy white driver.
...NICE! Wish I could rep.