PDA

View Full Version : Paint jobs

civ97
09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Alright so I have searched all over atlanta for the best deals and have found a few things but nothing to amazing.

I need is my front fenders, hood, front and rear bumper painted inside and out. Also, I need the rest of my civic painted my stock forest green color.

So far the best quality paint job I have found for a good price is Sparyglo for $599.

If anyone knows of a good paintjob for less than $599 LMK please!!!!

bigdare23
09-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Vinbody FTW!!!!

{but it not going to be that cheap, gotta pay to play :goodjob: }

redgst97
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
NOTHING against Sprayglo.......HOWEVER, if you think $600 is a "good" paintjob, then go for it!!!!

I am sure they have better packages (= better prep/paint/finish) which would also cost more money.

In my experience, you get what you pay for in a paint job.

cornercarver78
09-20-2007, 09:48 AM
NOTHING against Sprayglo.......HOWEVER, if you think $600 is a "good" paintjob, then go for it!!!!

I am sure they have better packages (= better prep/paint/finish) which would also cost more money.

In my experience, you get what you pay for in a paint job.

I've heard they do a good job for 600 bucks. You can't go any cheaper though! that IS the rock bottom!

osnap
09-20-2007, 11:11 AM
less than $599?

...lol

SL65AMG
09-20-2007, 03:12 PM
i was quoted 3k for my crx. stripped to the bone/ sanded/ primed painted.

no masking....thats fully stripped

and its a tiny car. so 600 wont be shit..... mask it off and spray it once and you MIGHT get a coat of clear......

save your money till you can spend $1500+ .... have you seen my car?.... its Matte red with chips and a tiny spot of rust on the sunroof and the yellow(original) is starting to show where the paint has chipped. dude who owned it before me tried to paint it...... :no: :no: i dont really care what my car looks like right now..... i can just see it when its finished.... :yes: :yes: :cheers:
cant wait

save your money till you can afford it.

w3bcod3r
09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
hah... $1k+ thats where good paint jobs start of at. :)

dumpdaccord
09-20-2007, 04:08 PM
rule of thumb

fast + good = wont be cheap

cheap + fast = wont be good

good + cheap = wont be fast

paint alone(super cheap stuff, plus sand paper and bondo) is gonna cost $225-250

so with that said you want somebody to prep, paint and probably sand&buff for under $400?

rickgiblin
09-20-2007, 06:50 PM
rule of thumb

fast + good = wont be cheap

cheap + fast = wont be good

good + cheap = wont be fast

:umno: paint alone(super cheap stuff, plus sand paper and bondo) is gonna cost $225-250

:umno: so with that said you want somebody to prep, paint and probably sand&buff for under $400?

dude, sorry but that was about the dumbest thing i have read on here in a long time... not the part about the fast cheep good thing, but the thing about the paint. dude, you lost it there, please leave now:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Frög
09-20-2007, 07:15 PM
like everyone said, you get what you pay for.. you cant say a 600$ is going to be awesome.. but i think sprayglo is probably the best 600 paintjob you can get.. ive had my prelude painted at sprayglo but got the best paint they had.. car was detrimmed.. the paint was better than factory, no orange peal. 5 year warranty. there was little problems here and there, but they were very good at repainting or w/e needed to be done to make it right.. i was very happy.. but didnt pay 600$, paid about 7 times that..

rickgiblin
09-20-2007, 07:34 PM
i remember you... im the guy that was wearing the georgia hat. you had the black prelude and drove up with your dad i think one day in your porsche

koi
09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I guess it would suck to say that it rocks to be able to paint your own cars for cost and have it look like 10K paint jobs. :crazy:

dz N.U.T.Z.
09-20-2007, 09:19 PM
quality isn't cheap. and 600 bux isn't gonna be a good paint job i dont care what know one says.....

xlilvi3tx
09-20-2007, 09:21 PM
vinh's shop down south

Frög
09-22-2007, 01:26 PM
i remember you... im the guy that was wearing the georgia hat. you had the black prelude and drove up with your dad i think one day in your porsche

ya it was me.. thanks for taking care of my baby.. i kinda miss it..

jdm_91crx
09-26-2007, 11:49 AM
$600 will get you Maaco paint job.

.blank cd
09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
$600 will get you Maaco paint job.

Maaco is getting a bad rap, but i've seen some cars they've produced and some are not that bad. If you want to strip your own stuff (trim pieces, brake lights headlights) and sand it down yourself to make sure its done right. It really all comes down to who is in paint prep and the booth.

BTW, Hybrid93Hatch's car (the guy who did the whole teardown and rebuild thread on his EG hatch) was painted midori green @ maaco, check out that job :goodjob:

bigdare23
09-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Maaco is getting a bad rap, but i've seen some cars they've produced and some are not that bad. If you want to strip your own stuff (trim pieces, brake lights headlights) and sand it down yourself to make sure its done right. It really all comes down to who is in paint prep and the booth.

BTW, Hybrid93Hatch's car (the guy who did the whole teardown and rebuild thread on his EG hatch) was painted midori green @ maaco, check out that job :goodjob:

I thought all maacos were bad until my gf got here eg painted by one. Her paint job is nice ass hell and came with a 5year warranty and it was base coat clear coat. Then again it was $600 either....

.blank cd
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Theres a teg on here (95jdmdc4) got a cheaper job from maaco that turned out pretty good. they got a little paint on his trim but after about 2 years or so, its holdin up pretty nice. factory color too