PDA

View Full Version : repaiting frontend of my teg

integra938
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
hey guys i plan on repaiting the front end of my teg becase of alot of rock chips,and i was wondering if duplicolor pait would be fine to use.. and should i prime it befor i pait it ? would it help the paint stick :???: and feedback would be helpful.

speedminded
09-19-2007, 04:19 PM
hey guys i plan on repaiting the front end of my teg becase of alot of rock chips,and i was wondering if duplicolor pait would be fine to use.. and should i prime it befor i pait it ? would it help the paint stick :???: and feedback would be helpful.Might wanna try reading up on auto painting first :2cents: A How-To "Painting 101" from a few posts in a thread is gonna be pretty hard to decipher and understand...

Primer is mainly only used to protect and seal exposed metal, not much need in using it unless that's the case. If it's bare plastic like a brand new bumper that's never been painted then a adhesion promoter would probably want to be sprayed on first. Prepping is the hardest and most time consuming and even the best spray job in the world relies solely on the prep work. You'll want to sand it using various grit sandpapers, probably a light coat of filler and block sanding to remove all the chips and minor dings, then an extemely good cleaning with paint thinner before spraying. Getting a smooth coat with a rattle can will be nearly impossible so expect to have to do plenty of wet sanding afterwards to smooth it all out. :2cents:

integra938
09-19-2007, 04:35 PM
yeah ..i have ben reading alot about stufff .. ..and the more and more i read i think im gunna wait and just get the whole car painted

xlilvi3tx
09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
yeh dont paint it with spray paint. my homeboys car was entirely spraypainted n it was bad.... looks really nasty

dickdragon
09-21-2007, 01:00 PM
do not spray paint it. nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo

RBS
09-21-2007, 06:16 PM
just go to maaco

khaxnguyen
09-22-2007, 12:33 PM
ahahah you will have the strongest index finger ever! yeah macco. choose a good one

integra938
09-24-2007, 05:54 AM
i have a nother question also.. i would ike my steering wheel to be black .. im gunna go with a black and tan scheme .. Wheel bkack ,black floormats,blackboot and nob,black seats , and i would like to keep the airbag but i dont see manny aftermarket eheels with airbags .. so is ther anykind of paint i could use onthe wheel to me it look good and last long ? i dont want it to look like shit

speedminded
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
i have a nother question also.. i would ike my steering wheel to be black .. im gunna go with a black and tan scheme .. Wheel bkack ,black floormats,blackboot and nob,black seats , and i would like to keep the airbag but i dont see manny aftermarket eheels with airbags .. so is ther anykind of paint i could use onthe wheel to me it look good and last long ? i dont want it to look like shitNot gonna happen, go to a junkyard and try to trade them for a black one...i have a mint black one but it's going back on when i pull off the JDM ITR non-SRS Momo wheel.

KREEP
09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
don't spray paint it. I did it and it sucks and I wish I would have left it alone . All mine had were rock chips and I thought I could fix it but I was wrong.