PDA

View Full Version : FS: Brand New In box Nintendo Wii

JC
09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I will keep this short and simple. I have a brand new, never opened Nintendo Wii. It comes with all standard equipment (cables, sports disc, nunchuck, remote, etc).

If you have been wanting a Wii then you know that these are hard to find to find in stores.

Amazon is asking $350.
People here have been asking $250 for a used system.

I paid $267 for it after tax and everything. I am asking $290 cash for the system.

I think this is a fair price. That means you are basically paying an extra $23 for the convenience of not having to store hunt for it.

It was purchased from Best Buy, but the extended best buy warranty WAS NOT purchased.

indoxbo1
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
no offense or anything man, but its $250 brand new in any electronic stores

JC
09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
no offense or anything man, but its $250 brand new in any electronic stores

Wii cost $250. Unless you are tax exempt, you will be paying taxes on it.

Hence about $267 with 7% tax.

Therefore, I am selling it for $33 more then what I paid for it as a convenience if you dont want to wait week to week for a store to get some and then hope and pray you find one.

With Christmas fast approaching, they are going to get even harder to find.

$290 is more then resonable, I dont think $23 is guaging anybody.

If it doesnt sell, no big deal, I still have the reciept and will return it to the store. No biggie.

dcshoeco
09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Wii cost $250. Unless you are tax exempt, you will be paying taxes on it.

Hence about $267 with 7% tax.

Therefore, I am selling it for $33 more then what I paid for it as a convenience if you dont want to wait week to week for a store to get some and then hope and pray you find one.

With Christmas fast approaching, they are going to get even harder to find.

$300 is more then resonable, I dont think $33 is guaging anybody.

If it doesnt sell, no big deal, I still have the reciept and will return it to the store. No biggie.

You make a good point..I think i might have 2 give myself this for christmas lol..

JC
09-20-2007, 07:51 AM
^^ Lol. I bought myself one as a birthday present to myself also. Its always fun buying yourself things and having something to justify it. :)

The Wii is extremly fun for anybody who hasnt played one, I just got Madden 08 for mine and it is fun as hell. The Wii is something everybody can enjoy. My wife is not into video games but LOVES the wii bowling and mario. My mom and dad love the Wii tennis and I just got my mom a Wii to give to my dad for xmas. ITs def. for all ages.

khaxnguyen
09-20-2007, 11:20 AM
hrmmmm sell for 300 and it's 250 in storee? hrmmm good deal! lol
i doubt they'll be sold out now, it's been months sicne they cameout.

JC
09-20-2007, 11:30 AM
hrmmmm sell for 300 and it's 250 in storee? hrmmm good deal! lol
i doubt they'll be sold out now, it's been months sicne they cameout.

Let me know what kind of luck you have finding one. :no:

ratedEG
09-20-2007, 11:51 AM
These r still hard to find. Stop bashing and hating. bump for a FUN ass system.

AnclyT
09-20-2007, 12:05 PM
i just called wal-mart and they have it in stock.. lol

i guess it's hard to find?

Nismo
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
they have'm at costco to.

JC
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
There you have it then, Walmart and Costco have them. Therefore, if you want to go there and pick one up for $267 then you have that option. Or I have mine for $290.

Whichever you prefer.

osiriskidd
09-20-2007, 01:41 PM
let him try to make his profit. everyone knows its $250 at stores so the guys just trying to get a little pocket cash outta it.

JC
09-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Just a few quick points:

I have a very good seller reputation on this site and sell things way below value, this is the first thing I have ever sold over retail.
If you are not interested in buying the item, why post?
If you dont like it, just move on.
If Wii's are so easy to come by, why are you looking on Import Atlanta for one?
With all that said, I dropped my price to $290. If I dont get $290 for it by Sunday, I take it back to the store and get my money back. No harm, no foul.

Nismo
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Um im not lookin on IA for one I have one. I just saw this thread and found someone trying to make a quick buck off the uninformed. Also per IA rules you need to have apicture of your IA screen name in the photos.

JC
09-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Also per IA rules you need to have apicture of your IA screen name in the photos.

Can you show me the IA rule, because I looked and didnt see it. I thought this was the case also, but double checked and there wasnt anything there. I know this was the case when they were first released and people were asking $100+ over retail. Thanks though.

"* PICTURES:

-Pictures are required for any item over $50; pictures are not required but suggested for items under $50."

JC
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Um im not lookin on IA for one I have one. I just saw this thread and found someone trying to make a quick buck off the uninformed.

Also, let me just understand you correctly. You dont want someone to make a quick buck off the uninformed......

yet....

you had a used Iphone your were selling $150 more then retail of a Brand New one. :thinking:

I am only asking $23 over retail, why be a hypocrite?

Tarzanman
09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
So, you're selling something that is widely available for more than retail and *didn't* expect commentary?

Mmmmmm, ok.

danielkim
09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
yeah.. this is IA buddy

if you try to do something silly like buy something that anyone else can buy on their own and charge more than what they would pay for it, get ready for an unleashing of assholes in your thread

ive learned that unless your bargain is fair, people clip you.

goodluck on the sale and free bump though! haha

Deathsmadd
09-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Look dam everyone he went and stood in line probably spent atleast an hour in the store if not more plus the gas so whats the harm if he wants to sell it for a little more think about it if you go into the store to buy one you stand in line forever and if your lucky you dont spend anymore money then just for the system and the gas to get up to the store. So I think thats an alright deal hes helping you by not having to go into the store and spend more then just an extra 33$ dollars.

danielkim
09-23-2007, 01:45 PM
but now you have to spend gas and time to meet him somewhere.

your argument was gay

B16a2 Civic
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Anymore bashing in this thread will result in ban

Jc, let me kno if it happens again

MongolPup
09-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Damn B I was about to post something to that same effect. Beat me to it.

And Nismo, you were right. At the release of the Wii and the PS3 the rules were amended to require your IA name in the picture (to prevent them being recycled). However, that rule has lapsed and the thread it was in (http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=91461) doesn't exist anymore. So he doesn't HAVE to do it, although it still may be a good idea.

JC
09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
^^ I appreciate the backup. However, after seeing that the Wii are pretty available at most retail stores now, I simply returned this one back to best buy yesterday.

FYI: Anybody looking for a wii, Best Buy at Cobb parkway in Smyrna had about 20 or more of them on yesterday.

Thanks anyway, I do however, have a few more things to sell well below retail. :) Thanks guys.

Deathsmadd
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
just like your avatar!

Tech5
09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
^^^ same here

MongolPup
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Thread closed then.