PDA

View Full Version : RX7 questions

GermanMuscle
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
i am about to buy a 93 mazda RX-7. from what i found out that year only came as a TT, is that correct? when i got the carfax on the car it said this: 1.3L R FI / REAR WHEEL DRIVE. does the FI mean Forced Induction. I dont really know too much about these cars. the seller also told me that it was a single turbo, most likely converted to a single turbo setup?

reps will be given to who can answer my questions

Twinnos
09-18-2007, 02:01 PM
they come with twin turbos from the factory. alot of people switch them out to single turbos for more speed and to reduce the heat in the engine bay caused by having twins. for FD help post in the "japanese, then mazda section" on here. alot of people can help you with mostly anything you need. also Mike *Five Star Tuning* can work on the engine if you need help in that area. also join www.rx7club.com. hope this helps. Oh. dont worry about the reps. Its not like i can buy a pb&j sandwich with it, lol :D

GermanMuscle
09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
thx for the help, and i repped anyways. ill sheck out that website too

OneSlow5pt0
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
yea people swap to single all the time,like they do in the MK4 supras

Echonova
09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
FI is most likely Fuel injected. Like any new cars still have carbs.:lmfao:

TheDarkRacer
09-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Deff check rx7club.com ull learn everything you need to know and more, and ask him if you can check the compression. Use a piston tester with the valve removed and look for even bounces of 90+ i think. and if its lower then 80 thin a seal is about to go and it will need a rebuild...