PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Maxima rear suspension question

Stormhammer
09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I blew my struts/shocks, and I have NO idea what I need to replace them ( I've seen everything from KYB GR2 shock inserts to Monroe Strut assemblies )

Its a 1997 Nissan Maxima SE - if anyone can tell me and or provide me a link to what I need to look for exactly, I would greatly appreciate it :yes:

RISKYB
09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
if you want an oem like ride with a little lowering maybe koni reds with eibach sportline springs, if you want awsome handling with a lowered ride, koni yellows with said springs

LeX
09-18-2007, 02:02 PM
tokico blues for the rear for stock replacement. Best bang for the buck if you're not looking for a performance suspension.

koukis14
09-18-2007, 10:14 PM
www.freshalloy.com

MattyBlaCC
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I blew my struts/shocks, and I have NO idea what I need to replace them ( I've seen everything from KYB GR2 shock inserts to Monroe Strut assemblies )

Its a 1997 Nissan Maxima SE - if anyone can tell me and or provide me a link to what I need to look for exactly, I would greatly appreciate it :yes:
search on maxima.org

i had kyb's on my old maxima. felt pretty dam decent.

deathrex
09-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I just did this job on the exact same car today at work! Basically if ur going for perforamce the kyb's are damn good. But for a daily id say the monroes. You can get a free tool rental from auto zone for a spring compressor just pay for the rental then they credit it back to ur credit card once u return it. Be careful tho thoes sun bitches will pop out at you if your not. If you have any more questions shoot me a pm.

Andy_013
09-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I had kyb gr2 on my 94 and 96 maxima, work gr8!