PDA

View Full Version : B18b1 swap into 96 civic EX Wiring help, REPS GIVEN

TheProfiteer
09-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Tried to do a little searching but I just cannot find what I need.

I know that when doing an OBD2 b18b1 swap into a civic you need to use the civics harness. And the best harness to use is the EX harness because you do not have to add anything you just have to extend a few wires, or something along those lines.

Would some please point me to a schematic or a step by step wire up process using an 96 OBD2A EX wiring harness on the b18b1 swap?

Reps given for good info.

RBS
09-18-2007, 06:37 AM
everything should plug right up into the original locations except for vtec & maybe knock sensor, so just ziptie that away somewhere :goodjob:

TheProfiteer
09-18-2007, 08:59 AM
well for a fact the Crank Angle Sensor has to be changed because the female plug does not match up with the male plug on the harness, I already have that taken care, I also know that the TPS as well as the O2 sensor on the headers has to be extended.

so everything doesnt just plug up.

I know I am missing something though thats why I would like a write up or some form of short manual on the wiring setup for this swap.

TheProfiteer
09-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Bumps, still need help people.

Come one I know lots of yall have LS motors in your 96+ civic, lemme know whats up

Jordanmd88
09-21-2007, 10:30 PM
everything should plug right up into the original locations except for vtec & maybe knock sensor, so just ziptie that away somewhere :goodjob:
I didn't know a b18b1 had vtec :blah:

everything sould wire right up as long as your using a post 96' engine...

TheProfiteer
09-22-2007, 01:16 AM
^^^^^LOL you think your know what your talking about and you go talking shit to some one else, hahah its funny how people do that.

I am using a 96 EX civic harness. Thus its gonna have adapters for the Vtec soloniod sensor and the knock sensor, and yeah the b18b1 doesnt have that so they are not going to plug it.

lol Im giving +reps to him and -neg reps to you for saying something that stupid.

GSRtegŪ
09-22-2007, 01:22 AM
^^^^^LOL you think your know what your talking about and you go talking shit to some one else, hahah its funny how people do that.

I am using a 96 EX civic harness. Thus its gonna have adapters for the Vtec soloniod sensor and the knock sensor, and yeah the b18b1 doesnt have that so they are not going to plug it.

lol Im giving +reps to him and -neg reps to you for saying something that stupid.

Also done lol DAMN NOOBS!

JDM onlyy
09-22-2007, 01:24 AM

x2 I think. Besides the dizzy plugs, I don't really know anything else that would be different...Iuno, we always worked on obd1 and obd0 cars. Hey since you don't need them plugs for the VTEC...let me get those off your hands...Lol you don't need them..=D Trying to save you 1 ziptie...lol.

Also, I just worried about extending wires after I found out that they don't reach...Lol.

TheProfiteer
09-22-2007, 01:44 AM
yeah I know for a fact the O2 sensor wire is going to have to be extended.

RBS
09-22-2007, 08:42 AM
lol