PDA

View Full Version : Misc U.S. Passport information....need some help

Evil Goat
09-17-2007, 05:34 PM
ok, so i have everything needed for my passport....my wife also has everything she needs as well....heres the problem, according to info site for passports the following needs to be met birth certificate wise

"NOTE: A certified birth certificate has a registrar's raised, embossed, impressed or multicolored seal, registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note that some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes."

i was born in georgia, so mine has the raised seal and signature....my wife was born in texas....hers does not have a raised seal...it is however printed on a multicolor paper, much like a dollar bill, and has the registrars stamped signature

now my certificate was issued in 2002 as part of a government security clearance i had to get for an employer.....my wife was adopted and was issued this new birth certificate w/ her adoptive parents names on it in 1998

anyone with experience with this stuff think im going to be okay with what we have?

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
09-17-2007, 05:50 PM
just go and try it out.. you can always check the status of it on the interent they will let you know if it wont work

Evil Goat
09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
that thought has occurred to me, but just wanting some input....were leaving mid january, so i need to go ahead and get this done, takes 6-8wks for TX to send a certified copy if the one we have isnt good enough, then i can expedite the passport for a little extra

Spektrewing386
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/0/0/9/00922fdfae8fc68c7adc754af245d9d3.png

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
not sure what that means ^, but we went and sent everything off today, the clerk said all was fine and to expect them back in 6-8 weeks

BobbyFresco
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
not sure what that means ^, but we went and sent everything off today, the clerk said all was fine and to expect them back in 6-8 weeks

I was going to say that i didn't think you'd have any issues.....
Good deal.:goodjob:

Julio
09-18-2007, 07:26 PM
man, whatever it is.. you better get on it...

If it takes 2 month to get the papers..... passport takes another 30 days.. maybe even 60 days...

Just try what you have and see...

Ran
09-19-2007, 01:13 PM
^ Yeah, but you can pay a little extra and get your passports expedited. I had my forms/certificate sent out and back with my passport in less than a week.