PDA

View Full Version : LEGALLIZE NOT LEGAL LIES...

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 04:13 PM
edit: this thread was pointed more toward our planets turning to shit, not the helth problems pot does/doesnt cause. grow up Mr. org
EDIT: again b/c asshole's keep making this a marijuana health debate thread.
FCMAN it IS about politics penis wrinkle, why are you letting the goverment lie to you??????????/

i will be the one saying "i told ya so" in 20 years!

before i even start this thread i will put this..
U.S.A NATIONAL DEBT AS OF THIS MOMENT..9,010,848,650,122,30

*THIS IS NOT A DEBATE THREAD
*THIS IS NOT A SMOKE POT ITS FUN THREAD.

I am 100% serious with this thread, lets look at the facts this world is going to shit in many ways, some we could control some we cannot. I started this thread to show you all facts and to give you information that can change the world, if pot was legalized or decriminalized, and grown by our government we can make up the national debt which right now is impossible.

As of right now If all fossil fuels and their derivatives, as well as trees for paper and construction, were banned in order to save the planet, reverse the greenhouse effect and stop deforestation; then there is only one known annually renewable natural resource that is capable of providing the overall majority of the world's paper and textiles; meet all of the world's transportation, industrial and home energy needs, while simultaneously reducing pollution, rebuilding the soil and cleaning the atmosphere all at the same time... and that substance is the same one that has done it before . . . CANNABIS/HEMP/MARIJUANA!

When this study came out in 1974, Nixon and then Ford dropped the most expensive research ever done on anything whatsoever. No more research of any type could be done on marijuana to prove the positive effects, only negative effects. From 1984 until now.

No one has ever died from using marijuana.

EDUCATE YOURSELF

www.jackherer.com

U.S.A NATIONAL DEBT AFTER MAKING A THREAD THAT TOOK 10 MINUTES..9,010,863,794,99.22.....

15 million dollar increase.

wow.

Evil Goat
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM
educate yourself on the bad effects as well....its not illegal b/c they dont feel like paying the national debt off genius....you genuinely think the government wouldnt capitalize on this if it were less harmful than smoking a ciggarette? tard...

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Scientists have learned a great deal about how THC acts in the brain to produce its many effects. When someone smokes marijuana, THC rapidly passes from the lungs into the bloodstream, which carries the chemical to organs throughout the body, including the brain.

In the brain, THC connects to specific sites called cannabinoid receptors on nerve cells and influences the activity of those cells. Some brain areas have many cannabinoid receptors; others have few or none. Many cannabinoid receptors are found in the parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thought, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement4.

The short-term effects of marijuana can include problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. Research findings for long-term marijuana abuse indicate some changes in the brain similar to those seen after long-term abuse of other major drugs. For example, cannabinoid (THC or synthetic forms of THC) withdrawal in chronically exposed animals leads to an increase in the activation of the stress-response system5 and changes in the activity of nerve cells containing dopamine6. Dopamine neurons are involved in the regulation of motivation and reward, and are directly or indirectly affected by all drugs of abuse.

Effects on the Heart

One study has indicated that an abuser's risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana7. The researchers suggest that such an effect might occur from marijuana's effects on blood pressure and heart rate and reduced oxygen-carrying capacity of blood.

Effects on the Lungs

A study of 450 individuals found that people who smoke marijuana frequently but do not smoke tobacco have more health problems and miss more days of work than nonsmokers8. Many of the extra sick days among the marijuana smokers in the study were for respiratory illnesses.

Even infrequent abuse can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, often accompanied by a heavy cough. Someone who smokes marijuana regularly may have many of the same respiratory problems that tobacco smokers do, such as daily cough and phlegm production, more frequent acute chest illness, a heightened risk of lung infections, and a greater tendency to obstructed airways9. Smoking marijuana possibly increases the likelihood of developing cancer of the head or neck. A study comparing 173 cancer patients and 176 healthy individuals produced evidence that marijuana smoking doubled or tripled the risk of these cancers10.

Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens9,11. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke12. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells13. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

OneSlow5pt0
09-17-2007, 04:21 PM
drugs are bad

coolcat
09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
drugs are bad

http://www.bloodhoundrealty.com/BloodhoundBlog/MrMackey.gif

Yes mmmkayyy

RISKYB
09-17-2007, 04:23 PM
good debate keep it up, ever wonder what our credit limit is 15 mill to go or????

OneSlow5pt0
09-17-2007, 04:25 PM
they used to give people with cancer pot,then they stoped...cause it was giving them worse side affects

ep9716
09-17-2007, 04:28 PM
LMFAO!!! At This THREAD! WOW

Leadfoot_mf
09-17-2007, 04:41 PM
fuck off

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
your all crazy especially Mr. Org.

that entire website is bull shit some of it is true, bit its misleading.

pull the classic pots worse then tobacco bullshit...haha..

you cant say anyone has ever overdosed on pot, everyone knows this.
i really dont wanna pull up a bunch of info to prove you wrong but i got spare time

1. The most celebrated study that claims to show brain damage is
the rhesus monkey study of Dr. Robert Heath, done in the late
1970s. This study was reviewed by a distinguished panel of
scientists sponsored by the Institute of Medicine and the National
Academy of Sciences. Their results were published under the title,
Marijuana and Health in 1982. Heath's work was sharply criticized
for its insufficient sample size (only four monkeys), its failure
to control experimental bias, and the misidentification of normal
monkey brain structure as "damaged". Actual studies of human
populations of marijuana users have shown no evidence of brain
damage. For example, two studies from 1977, published in the
Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) showed no
evidence of brain damage in heavy users of marijuana. That same
year, the American Medical Association (AMA) officially came out in
favor of decriminalizing marijuana. That's not the sort of thing
you'd expect if the AMA thought marijuana damaged the brain.

5. Marijuana is much more dangerous than tobacco

Smoked marijuana contains about the same amount of carcinogens
as does an equivalent amount of tobacco. It should be remembered,
however, that a heavy tobacco smoker consumes much more tobacco
than a heavy marijuana smoker consumes marijuana. This is because
smoked tobacco, with a 90% addiction rate, is the most addictive of
all drugs while marijuana is less addictive than caffeine. Two
other factors are important. The first is that paraphernalia laws
directed against marijuana users make it difficult to smoke safely.
These laws make water pipes and bongs, which filter some of the
carcinogens out of the smoke, illegal and, hence, unavailable. The
second is that, if marijuana were legal, it would be more
economical to have cannabis drinks like bhang (a traditional drink
in the Middle East) or tea which are totally non-carcinogenic.
This is in stark contrast with "smokeless" tobacco products like
snuff which can cause cancer of the mouth and throat. When all of
these facts are taken together, it can be clearly seen that the
reverse is true: marijuana is much SAFER than tobacco.

Marijuana "flattens" human brainwaves

This is an out-and-out lie perpetrated by the Partnership for
a Drug-Free America. A few years ago, they ran a TV ad that
purported to show, first, a normal human brainwave, and second, a
flat brainwave from a 14-year-old "on marijuana". When researchers
called up the TV networks to complain about this commercial, the
Partnership had to pull it from the air. It seems that the
Partnership faked the flat "marijuana brainwave". In reality,
marijuana has the effect of slightly INCREASING alpha wave
activity. Alpha waves are associated with meditative and relaxed
states which are, in turn, often associated with human creativity.

I'VE BEEN SMOKING POT HEAVILY FOR 4 YEARS...

...I HAD OPEN HEART SURGERY FEB 8TH OF THIS YEAR, THE SURGEN TOLD ME I HAVE THE LUNGS AND HEART OF A 7 YEAR OLD, LOOKED LIKE I HAD NEVER EVEN STOOD IN FRONT ON A BAR-B-QUE.

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 05:21 PM
drugs are bad
i agree, but pots not a drug its a plant, its a seed that grows into a plant.
drugs a chemicals, and ingridients that need to be cooked.

fuck off

real mature.

OneSlow5pt0
09-17-2007, 05:23 PM
i guess cocaine not a drug either,or heroine,or opium(sp)

_Christian_
09-17-2007, 05:25 PM
im a believer that almost no drug in moderation is harmful. of all drugs, i think that marijuana is the least harmful when used habitually including alcohol and cigarettes.

Magnus213
09-17-2007, 05:29 PM
I think it would be interesting if it happened, at least to see if/how it would change my daily life at all. I would argue against it based on the idea that such a habit isn't really good for you, but I look at alcohol and I'm not sure how weed could be worse. Especially in terms of drunk driving-- I think I watched a video report where high drivers were more relaxed and actually performed better than their baseline drives? I'd have to see a very credible study to decide if DUI in that manner's acceptable or not.

Anyway. I doubt that legalization will ever happen, not because it's not a legitimate idea, but because people in government are so fundamentally against the idea that they'll never give it a chance.

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 05:36 PM

go ahead and get technical you know what i meant, that besides the point, my pint is to sway people toward legalization so the goverment will grow it and save the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

HERE IS THE TRUTH CANT GET ANY SIMPLER THAN THIS...

The reason weed is outlawed isnt only ostensibly about health. The TRUTH is, the weed is no more addictive and no more a health risk than cigarettes or alcohol, both of which are protected by the law. Why is it then not allowed? Because if it were grown, half the cotton growers, nylon and rayon manufacturers, and timber products people in the world would go out of business. It could substitute for so many resource materials, at one-tenth the cost. And that is the catch. Somebody LOSES MONEY if this miraculous plant-which also has extraordinary medicinal properties, incidentally- is allowed to be grown. And that is why marijuana is illegal in our county. It is the same reason we have taken so long to mass produce electric cars, provide affordable, sensible health care, or use solar heat and solar power in every home. We've had the wherewithal and the technology to produce all of these things for years. Why, then do we not have them? Look to see who will LOSE MONEY if we did.

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I think it would be interesting if it happened, at least to see if/how it would change my daily life at all. I would argue against it based on the idea that such a habit isn't really good for you, but I look at alcohol and I'm not sure how weed could be worse. Especially in terms of drunk driving-- I think I watched a video report where high drivers were more relaxed and actually performed better than their baseline drives? I'd have to see a very credible study to decide if DUI in that manner's acceptable or not.

Anyway. I doubt that legalization will ever happen, not because it's not a legitimate idea, but because people in government are so fundamentally against the idea that they'll never give it a chance.

reps for some level headed thinking.

OneSlow5pt0
09-17-2007, 05:38 PM
if it was up to me...cigs and alcohol would be illlegal too

SupraMan
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
I USED TO SMOKE LIKE EVERYDAY BUT HAVING 2 JOBS THAT BOTH DO HAIR FOLICALE TEST MAKES IT HARD TOO

IF YOU GOT EM SMOKE EM!

man
09-17-2007, 05:41 PM
You are truly a moron if think marijuana is harmless, and misinformed.

"BUT OMG YOU CAN'T O'D ON IT!!"
So the fuck what? Just because you can't O'D on it doesn't mean it isn't harmful.

And I personally love "BUT IT GROWS NATURALLY!!!"
Tobacco grows naturally, as does poison ivy, maybe you should smoke some of that. Or better yet, I hear sharks have been growing naturally for millions of years, go swim with some, if they've been around that long they must be safe.

You really need a fact check, any doctor will tell you that the affects are over-exaggerated. However, they will not tell you it is harmless, they will clearly tell you otherwise.

You also need to check your sources, any website that is pro-marijuana or anti-marijuana shows a clear bias. You should do really research before you come on here with ridiculous claims. I can see the bias just oozing out of your posts

I do smoke occasionally, however I am not for or against smoking. I know for a fact that it is harmful to the body and have experienced complications myself. I think that if you are going to smoke, stop trying to justify it with the so-called "facts" that you get off of these websites. Read a real research report, a full one. The pro-marijuana sites only show you the few myths that have been proven false, I agree that many myths are false. What they do not tell you are the things that have been proven true, thus creating a strongly biased opinion.

It's called politics, if you don't do the research for yourself, you're hopeless. Stop letting these websites tell you what's right.

I would also like to say that I don't smoke tobacco or drink alcohol, so I'm not saying marijuana is more harmful, just that it's not harmless as you are led to believe.

thecrazyone
09-17-2007, 05:49 PM
You are truly a moron if think marijuana is harmless, and misinformed.

"BUT OMG YOU CAN'T O'D ON IT!!"
So the fuck what? Just because you can't O'D on it doesn't mean it isn't harmful.

And I personally love "BUT IT GROWS NATURALLY!!!"
Tobacco grows naturally, as does poison ivy, maybe you should smoke some of that. Or better yet, I hear sharks have been growing naturally for millions of years, go swim with some, if they've been around that long they must be safe.

You really need a fact check, any doctor will tell you that the affects are over-exaggerated. However, they will not tell you it is harmless, they will clearly tell you otherwise.

You also need to check your sources, any website that is pro-marijuana or anti-marijuana shows a clear bias. You should do really research before you come on here with ridiculous claims. I can see the bias just oozing out of your posts

I do smoke occasionally, however I am not for or against smoking. I know for a fact that it is harmful to the body and have experienced complications myself. I think that if you are going to smoke, stop trying to justify it with the so-called "facts" that you get off of these websites. Read a real research report, a full one. The pro-marijuana sites only show you the few myths that have been proven false, I agree that many myths are false. What they do not tell you are the things that have been proven true, thus creating a strongly biased opinion.

It's called politics, if you don't do the research for yourself, you're hopeless. Stop letting these websites tell you what's right.

I would also like to say that I don't smoke tobacco or drink alcohol, so I'm not saying marijuana is more harmful, just that it's not harmless as you are led to believe.

once again my original post was to inform people about hemp/weed/marijuana and that it can save our our planet...your doing what i wanted to avois lets have another debate about pot for the 17th time shit, quit being a dick, want another fact from my websites?

1 acre of hemp=
4 acers of trees
20 barrles of oil
1500 pounds of fiber.

^^^
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT

man
09-17-2007, 06:03 PM
once again my original post was to inform people about hemp/weed/marijuana and that it can save our our planet...your doing what i wanted to avois lets have another debate about pot for the 17th time shit, quit being a dick, want another fact from my websites?

1 acre of hemp=
4 acers of trees
20 barrles of oil
1500 pounds of fiber.

^^^
FACT
FACT
FACT
FACT

That's all you do is copy/paste from your websites. Which is why I have no respect for your argument, because it's not even your own, you couldn't even come up with your own thread title. As I said I am a marijuana smoker, I don't need you to throw facts at me, you just look like a political puppet.

man
09-17-2007, 06:51 PM
By the way, what did your post about

1 acre of hemp=
4 acers of trees
20 barrles of oil
1500 pounds of fiber.

^^that have to do with my argument anyway? You show your ignorance and bias by avoiding valid points, you couldn't even find something relevant to copy/paste from your propaganda sites.

3.5altman
09-17-2007, 07:15 PM
im about to burn one, anybody wanna hit

SL65AMG
09-17-2007, 10:36 PM
educate yourself on the bad effects as well....its not illegal b/c they dont feel like paying the national debt off genius....you genuinely think the government wouldnt capitalize on this if it were less harmful than smoking a ciggarette? tard...

you my friend give our govt. too much credit. theyre a bunch of fucking idiots and all they wanna do is get THEIR own agenda across. they could give a fuck about us. its becoming a power struggle not a "who is trying to do whats right for the country" struggle. the sooner people realize that the sooner the problem can be fixed.

and to be honest..... ive smoked MANNNNNNYYYYYYY ounces.... prolly upwards of a pound of weed and the ONLY negative i would say that i have EVER experienced is short term memory issues.... but that doesnt mean it does/does not affect other the same way.

the amount of revenue that could be generated from this is ENORMOUS!!!!!

man
09-18-2007, 01:26 AM
and to be honest..... ive smoked MANNNNNNYYYYYYY ounces.... prolly upwards of a pound of weed and the ONLY negative i would say that i have EVER experienced is short term memory issues.... but that doesnt mean it does/does not affect other the same way.

Try smoking a pound in about a year, gave me a sever tonsil infection and sinus infection at the same time.

3.5altman
09-18-2007, 01:30 AM
i hope it wasnt that infected weed that was going around awhile back

man
09-18-2007, 01:35 AM
i hope it wasnt that infected weed that was going around awhile back

Nope, I didn't have complications until 2 weeks ago and I've been out of commission since. I also has a friend who "magically" got asthma all of a sudden.

GIXXERDK
09-18-2007, 01:50 AM
I have friends I have known from high school, who now lack something in the head. From continuously getting high every day. I'm sure some of you have know of someone too. Cant say everyone turns out this way, this is just my personal experiences.

sirkus
09-18-2007, 01:53 AM
These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco.

All I have to say is that you never can smoke as much pot as you ever could tobacco (although some may try). You make a lot of good points in your post.

I really don't think that it will ever be legalized. It really doesnt help anyone. They just assume it does because they can forget about their problems. Drinking does the same thing to you, you forget your issues. I've met several people who would rather smoke than drink because you don't get full off of liquid.

Pot has never made any situation better. You just think it does. It does make a night a little better.. at a party or something. That's mainly for casual purposes though. It also makes you look like a stupid ass when you're talking to someone who isn't high and they don't like it. They instantly discount any and probably all of your credibility because in their eyes, you're just a pot head. I smoked for 5 years straight, nearly every day. And I wish that I could go back and not smoke in some of the places that I was. Going to the hospital for my sister having her baby with all of my family there and I can't keep the shit eating grin off of my face with my glossy ass red eyes. I think my grandma still believes that I'm a pot head and I've been quit for a while now.

More power to you if you want to smoke it, it's the same as drinking to me. There's a time and a place for all of it. It's definitely not while you're driving.

Just my :2cents:

BiH1320
09-18-2007, 02:49 AM
The only reason the government doesn't wanna legalize it is because they wouldnt make any money out of it because people grow their own shit.

Slow Motion
09-18-2007, 03:26 AM
i agree, but pots not a drug its a plant, its a seed that grows into a plant.
drugs a chemicals, and ingridients that need to be cooked.

Cocaine is not cocaine until Ether a chemical which is used to make cocaine is added to the plant which draws out the drug. Then the liquid cocaine is dried and it hardens. Cocaine is actually hard almost like crack before it is taken out of the wrapping that it was dried in and is broken down into the powder substance.Thats why razor blades are used. To make the coke finer that it already is.

Crack is the cooked form of cocaine which is heated at a high temperature then cooled to harden. Cooking cocaine changes the chemical balance of the powder which is why you get more jail time for crack than you do cocaine. The chemical change.

man
09-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Cocaine is not cocaine until Ether a chemical which is used to make cocaine is added to the plant which draws out the drug. Then the liquid cocaine is dried and it hardens. Cocaine is actually hard almost like crack before it is taken out of the wrapping that it was dried in and is broken down into the powder substance.Thats why razor blades are used. To make the coke finer that it already is.

So you're saying the marijuana smoked today is exactly as it was a hundred years ago? That it is not altered today by chemicals or specific "breeding" if you will?

Ran
09-18-2007, 09:19 AM
lol @ another pothead thread

I'll bite though. Sure, let's legalize it for resources. Use it for paper, textiles, and what-not, but still arrest anyone that smokes it. Works for me.

Potheads FTL.

man
09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
lol @ another pothead thread

I'll bite though. Sure, let's legalize it for resources. Use it for paper, textiles, and what-not, but still arrest anyone that smokes it. Works for me.

Potheads FTL.

lolz