PDA

View Full Version : 1990 CRX SI Relay Question. B16 OBD0 Swap--Fuel Problems.

mxglory258
09-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I posted before, when I was stuck in ohio about my CRX having problems. I just got outta jail (dont ask), and decided to get the car fired up today. With the main relay I had in it, it fired and ran.

I noticed the line coming out of the fuel filter on the firewall was leaking, so I shut it off.

When I went to start it back up, nothing. Has spark, but doesn't get any fuel.

I have the main relay out of my 91 hatchback, put that in, and it fires. Now its fucking up as well though.

Is there by chance a relay I'm not seeing? I know there's one or two more under the dash as well as the main relay. Any help is much appreciated, and reps of course will be given.

Also, is there just a seperate fuel relay i'm not seeing?

Plus, when starting the car cold, it fires very intermittantly under it's own power. After a few seconds, it idles and run's fine. Any idea's as to why it does that?? I'm in desperate need of a running vehicle right now.S

Thanks.

SL65AMG
09-17-2007, 06:32 PM
the first crx i had gave me all sorts of issues when i was trying to get it started. i replaced the main relay (big black one with metal bracket hangin off) and it was fine. just get a NEW one...... or it could be something else

mxglory258
09-17-2007, 07:12 PM
the first crx i had gave me all sorts of issues when i was trying to get it started. i replaced the main relay (big black one with metal bracket hangin off) and it was fine. just get a NEW one...... or it could be something else
The one i took out, was new...which is whats throwing me off. I replaced it about 3 months ago, while i was still in georgia

bigdare23
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
The one i took out, was new...which is whats throwing me off. I replaced it about 3 months ago, while i was still in georgia

with a new one or used one?

mxglory258
09-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I replaced it when i was down there, with a new one. I lost the box and reciept, plus they wont take back electronic shit anyways :( :(

ash7
09-18-2007, 12:59 AM
before you go breaking into cars to find a good relay, try jumpering your fuel pump at the relay connector.

If this fixes your problem, then the relay is def. bad.

-jonathan

mxglory258
09-18-2007, 06:16 AM
before you go breaking into cars to find a good relay, try jumpering your fuel pump at the relay connector.

If this fixes your problem, then the relay is def. bad.

-jonathan
getting a new relay isn't a problem. I know its bad. I'm asking for other possibilities as well.