PDA

View Full Version : BG Dan vs Bill Enjuku- PLEASE POST PICS AND VIDEO OF BILL SHERMAN RAMMING DANS CAR

namahs
09-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Hello everyone,
if you have video or pictures of my last run with bill sherman from enjuku racing please send them to me or post them up.

dan
[email protected]

Vteckidd
09-17-2007, 12:12 PM
DAN THE MAN= NUMERO UNO

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen.......I present to you.....The real winner of the Nopi Drit Finals...

DAN WILLIE

BB6dohcvtec
09-17-2007, 12:19 PM
yea for real i was there i believe my friend redej8 may have some vid of the last run. you were the true winner to me. you were on it all weekend :goodjob:

1civic
09-17-2007, 12:21 PM
:ttiwwp:

namahs
09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Here's a vid of me running kenji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIAwlvYmCLE

I'm looking for all the vids and pics I can get of me and Bill Sherman.

Thanks for the support guys!

1civic
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
:bow: .... :look: ... :goodjob: ..

TopSpeedInc
09-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Thats pretty sweet! lots of smoke haha

namahs
09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
It's pretty important that we have vids or pics of this.

Brick
09-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Did lots of searching and only found one video of the event, no you and Sherman though. What happened?

Vteckidd
09-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Dan passed sherman cleanly, Sherman got mad that he got shown up and decided to RAM his car into dans.

Judges gave the victory to sherman because they said "dan didnt allow sherman to transition into the next initiation point".

But CLEARLY on ALL videos at the track that wasnt the case. Dan passed sherman CLEANLY and was WELL out in front of him.

SHerman came up to dan after the contact an said "You stuck your nose where it belongs and im not going to let you pass me." Basically admitting he hit dan on purpose.

The judges made a "favoritism call" instead of the "right call". Sherman was Season Leader in POINTS so they decided to give him the event to. The judges clearly fucked up and had no idea what was going on.

Everyone knows that dan won, there was no disagreement until they announced that they had magically picked sherman

Vteckidd
09-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Furthermore,

Sherman had to place in the TOP 4 to CLINCH the SEASON points CHAMPIONSHIP. So what does NOPI do? They Put SHerman up against HIS OWN TEAMATE in the Final 8 basically giving Sherman a "by" into the Top 4 an clinching the Season Points Championship without a fight from anyone.

Shermans teamate had a "mechanical" failure giving him a walk into the top 4.

Complete bullshit and favortism IMO.

Bill is a great driver, but yesterday he was not the BEST driver. Dan WIllie was and he was robbed of the 1st place because of some hatefull, spitefull, immature KIDS that were called judges

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Telling it like it is.

RISKYB
09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Dan, we all know you really won, and thats a bs call, i saw you tearin up this weekend, props to you

tony
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
No suprise in favortism at NOPI, sorry to hear you were a victim of it

EmminoDaGreat
did he pass him as cleanly as he passed the miata? I didnt get to the see the finals.

I thought the object of tandem drift was to show you can keep up and mimick angles? But i dont know....Fwd FTL....

Btw this is not a hate post so dont get your panties in a wad.

Vteckidd
And i think thats what makes it so hard. EVERYONE was in shock, not just us. it was the fans, other drivers, other teams, everyone was congratualting and telling dan he won. we all knew it, it was over.

then on the main stage the judges said to Dan and Bill "once we announce the winner, we dont want any arguing over the call, its not up for discussion."

at that moment, we knew they had given it to sherman, and they didnt want to hav to reason why because they had no good reason

Echonova
09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I sure you could tape the replay on Nopi Tunervision..........

namahs
09-17-2007, 01:36 PM
We will have the video from Tunervision. They said they had 5 cameras on it and it was clear that Dan made a clean pass.

~Tracy

Vteckidd
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
did he pass him as cleanly as he passed the miata? I didnt get to the see the finals.

I thought the object of tandem drift was to show you can keep up and mimick angles? But i dont know....Fwd FTL....

Btw this is not a hate post so dont get your panties in a wad.

The miata was different.

Dan went out and the miata had a mechanical failure an his car shut off. That made dan slide into him.

The judges were going to award the miata driver the win over dan since dan hit him. But the Miata driver went over to the judges an told them that it was his fault, dan shouldnt be penalized and that it was his car that died an caused the accident.

THe miata driver did the stand up thing, the professional thing and we were all happy for his honesty.

But i found it weird how the judges were going to give Dan the loss so quickly for hitting the MIata, yet they gave the win to Sherman even though he hit dan.

The object in tandem is to mimick , but, if given the opportunity for a clean pass, your allowed to take it, and thats what they said in the drivers meeting. Sherman fell asleep and didnt think dan was aggressive enough to try an pass, then before he knew it Dan was in front of him. So he decided to be a cry baby an ram his car into Dan forcing them both to not finish.

EmminoDaGreat
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
is the object of it to pass...? if so then it would be a race, and you wouldnt need judges.... ? people all have their own opinion.

Echonova
09-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Sucks, your out the win and your car was hit. Next time I was at an event, I'd make sure he went into a wall. But I'm a vindictive bastard too....... And have no shop or reputation to protect.

EmminoDaGreat
09-17-2007, 01:40 PM
eh well then its an opinion based thing... you cant make someone pick you even if your better. Maybe they just liked his name, his car etc.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
wow, from my angle i didnt see all that, i cant believe such a well known FD driver would do something like that. Props to Dan though, he was killing it. Why would Sherman care so much if he lost? He got 2nd, while he was in points lead, in a DOUBLE points event...as soon as he made the finals he won the championship, who cares if he wins or loses to someone!!! Thats just stupid on Bill's part.

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Getting passed is like the ultimate bitch slap. Its the ultimate "I win".

Dan got everyone he went out with this weekend, there was no one there that was going to match him this time, it was just his weekend to win.

Vteckidd
09-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Thats the problem with drifting right now, the rules are so loose an so ambiguous that it leaves anything open to interpretation.

However, the rules state you are ALLOWED TO PASS if GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY. You cannot merely just push someone out of the way, and cause them to spin out or go off line. But, if they leave the door open you are allowed to take it.

the object isnt to pass, but, you are allowed to do it.

THe other problem is, the only way for ANYONE to beat the number 1 driver or the BIG NAMES is to PASS. If you just race, the judges will never give it to you. so you HAVE To pass to show that your the better driver.

Dan did that, an they took it away from him.

2 things will come from this:

1) A rulebook that is STRICT and Judges that can actually DRIVE the course so they can judge correctly
2) Video playback an instant replays

Passing HAS to stay in Drifting or youll never see the sport grow beyond the big teams with all the money.

IMO of course

The BUCKY
09-17-2007, 01:50 PM
looked good dan. sdorry for the outcome

BuBBa DRiFT
09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
i agree mike, we need solid rules throughout all tandem competitions

we should make it D1 style and call it a day.

My rules:

-No matter how much smoke you put out, it doesnt matter.
-If your wheels go off the course, no point deducted
-Pass only when its safe and clean
-Hitting the other person will give the advantage to lead car, unless lead car has mechanical failure or driver error. Then it is up to chase car to determine a "one more time" or automatic advantage.

whaddya think?

TopSpeedInc
09-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Man thats fucked up after reading this... best of luck to the BG crew. Sounds like you guys deserved the win and were robbed.

Doug

Doppelgänger
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
favoritism in drifting??? NO WAI!!!!

namahs
09-17-2007, 02:55 PM

BTW, Dan didn't pass the Miata (Marty) at this event.

~Tracy

kingkong
09-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont have a video but I was in the stands right in front of where you passed him and it was a clean pass, it was close but a clean pass. Thats what made it so good that you have enough skill to pass in that amount of space without hitting him. He had time to brake but instead of hitting the brake I heard him get on the gas after you passed him so I think the ram was done intensionally.

GGPIS3
09-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Here's a vid of me running kenji.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIAwlvYmCLE

I'm looking for all the vids and pics I can get of me and Bill Sherman.

Thanks for the support guys!

very nice.. i see you have improved since the last vid i saw of you.. well done!

namahs
09-17-2007, 04:07 PM
I dont have a video but I was in the stands right in front of where you passed him and it was a clean pass, it was close but a clean pass. Thats what made it so good that you have enough skill to pass in that amount of space without hitting him. He had time to brake but instead of hitting the brake I heard him get on the gas after you passed him so I think the ram was done intensionally.

thanks for another confirmation that he hit me on purpose. as soon as i compile all the pics and videos it will be clear to everyone that Bill is a danger to the sport and that the judges had no clue what they were doing.

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
What Marty did was awesome and I have nothing but respect for him.

Marty let me know if you guys need help getting the car back together Ill be happy to come help.

Matt

namahs
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
What Marty did was awesome and I have nothing but respect for him.

Marty let me know if you guys need help getting the car back together Ill be happy to come help.

Matt

ditto.

What Marty did was awesome. We appreciate it more than anyone knows. He really didn't have to do that.

~Tracy

Marty
09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I just did what was right. Maybe I should have asked for a One More Time ;)

namahs
09-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I just did what was right. Maybe I should have asked for a One More Time ;)

That's what I wold have expected. The same with the incident with Dan and Bill.

But I love you Marty, besides what you did yesterday. You already know that. It hasn't always been the case, but you have been awesome to me, personally, through this entire NOPI series. It means a lot to me. I can listen to your advise when I am driving. Dan gets on my nerves. So thanks for that.

~Tracy

_Christian_
09-17-2007, 05:39 PM
sucks for Dan. that's pretty immature on Bill's part. i wasnt there but this thread makes me really want to see a video.

Kevykev
09-17-2007, 05:43 PM
In reality, no matter what the video shows - the outcome is the same>They gave trophy to Sherman @ Nopi 2007!

Hopefully you can get at least get 'peace of mind' from the video -seems like you have countless supporters.

namahs
09-17-2007, 05:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvyDcYyEIZg

last run on this video. i am working on getting high quality versions.

BTLFED
09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
Now I wish I would have been there. That is fucking ridiculous.

namahs
09-17-2007, 06:15 PM
thats nothing, wait for the high resolution versions. the one i just got emailed to me makes it way more clear.

KPowerEP3
09-17-2007, 06:17 PM
wow. that sucks guys. What are you hoping to do with the vids/pics? Just wondering, I definately agree that Dan got a raw deal.

BTLFED
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
thats nothing, wait for the high resolution versions. the one i just got emailed to me makes it way more clear.

Actually, I'm glad I wasn't there, because I would have been drunk and probably done something stupid to him or his car or both LOL! :drink:

What a pathetic loser he is.

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
In the 9 minute long video, thats as clear as I need it to be, you were in front of him, he never attempted to transition

Annihilation
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
i just called sherman and he said wtf are you talkin bout

willis

Big Baller
09-17-2007, 06:23 PM
i just called sherman and he said wtf are you talkin bout

willis

LOL fuck Sherman.

If he pulled that shit in a pro race series like Speed GT they would suspend his dumb ass for atleast 5 races.

SLOWR/T
09-17-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah thats fucked up. i saw him hit you and thought he just rammed the shit outta dan. i would have thought for sure they would have gave you the win. good luck with the out come though.

Alan®
09-17-2007, 08:28 PM
i don't see sherman hitting you on that video but that has got to be the closest but cleanest pass i have seen i didn't see him tap the breaks or anything dan should have had the win but i want to se the ramming

The Ren
09-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Fucking bullshit... Dan was kicking ass from the moment on sat he pulled out.. the girl i came to nopi with was very impressed...

Echonova
09-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Bill Sherman.......
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/09497ed51.gif

The Ren
09-18-2007, 06:19 AM
Wow this makes me REALLY want to see the high resolution vids now...

Glides
09-18-2007, 08:16 AM
All this boiled down too was money. The judges gave it to Sherman so he would get the points championship and then the extra cash for first place. Each person up there had a stake in him winning. From friends to him buying drinks afterward to whatever. Bills a great driver, not taking anything away from him but in the video he went wide, then Dan got around him and he never let off the gas and went right into the side. 5 year old temper gets you every time.

09-18-2007, 08:24 AM
sounds like drifting is becoming way too serious..... remember its supposed to be all about fun.

Bruce Leroy
09-18-2007, 08:52 AM
this sherman character has an attitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBU314zZveY

Tracy
09-18-2007, 08:53 AM
sounds like drifting is becoming way too serious..... remember its supposed to be all about fun.

For some it's a career.

Glides,

Nice to see ya out there. Sorry we didn't hang to much. I was slammed all weekend. Just so you know, Bill down shifted and slammed him square in the middle of his bumper, not in his side. He also continued to gas after he hit him.

Speaking of a 5 year old temper, this was at a recent event that he showed up to, demanded to judge and ended up slapping someone who didn't agree with him. It wasn't even Bill's event.

People say I have an attitude problem. At least I can keep my hand to myself ;)

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Pretty damn clear to me

Bruce Leroy
09-18-2007, 08:54 AM
For some it's a career.

Glides,

Nice to see ya out there. Sorry we didn't hang to much. I was slammed all weekend. Just so you know, Bill down shifted and slammed him square in the middle of his bumper, not in his side. He also continued to gas after he hit him.

Speaking of a 5 year old temper, this was at a recent event that he showed up to, demanded to judge and ended up slapping someone who didn't agree with him. It wasn't even Bill's event.

repost!!

Tracy
09-18-2007, 08:56 AM
repost!!

Jinx! :D

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
wow, seems like a first class tool to me

Tracy
09-18-2007, 09:11 AM
wow, seems like a first class tool to me

Yea. But he has the right people on his side....the judges. STACK IT UP!

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 09:12 AM
so what are you all planning to do? boycott nopi events? has maxxis given you any back up on this or what?

Echonova
09-18-2007, 09:15 AM
People say I have an attitude problem. At least I can keep my hand to myself ;)Tracy, after Dan was hit you should have called me and I would have come right down. Go fuck yourself. You know enough people that you could have gotten my number. Go fuck youself. Do something.....:bannana:

I'm on my way to pro-driver status....... Now I just need skill:ninja:

Stopsnitchin
09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
hilarious

Crowml
09-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Dan/Tracy, it was great seeing you all out there doing your thing. From where I was during awards, you could hear the "Boos". Dan your pass was nothing but clean and I had no doubt in my mind the hit following immediately after was on purpose. I could hear Bill revving for several seconds after he struck you and then tried to recover immediately after spinning out.

You were on fire Dan, and diserve your win. Driving like that though, you'll get yours soon enough.

Glides
09-18-2007, 09:28 AM
For some it's a career.

Glides,

Yea I figured that you were busy so I didn't poke around too much. I didn't see that he downshifted in that video, it's not quite clear. I want to see the Tunervision videos because you add this stunt in with the slapping incident and they need to do something about that.

As for Drifting becoming serious. Damm straight it is. Drifting is all about fun until you start spending over 100 grand a year to travel around and do events. Then it becomes about fun and money. Same with every sport. They ALL start out as fun, then when you get good enough, it progresses beyond that.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
so what are you all planning to do? boycott nopi events? has maxxis given you any back up on this or what?

We don't know yet. What's done is done at this point. Right now we are compiling vids and pics to show that it was in fact a clean pass...and that Bill intentionally hit Dan. That's dangerous. Drifting is dangerous enough without someone losing their temper because they got showed up the right way. Dan would like an apology, the $14k he was robbed of and a letter to our sponsors.

This year we were offered a provisional license for Formula Drift. We didn't take it (except for Drift Atlanta) because we couldn't afford the extra travels and our contracts were all based on NOPI. We have been a huge supporter of NOPI drift since it's inception. We did lots of consulting on their series. We supported it when everyone else was dogging it. We took heat and people talking behind our backs all season for our connection with NOPI. We kept our cool all season about the major reccuring flaws. Dan was ready to win this event. His head was in the right place. He spent thousands of dollars on his car in the past few weeks to make sure his car was competitive enough to beat Bill and Kenji specifically! Not only did he lose 1st place at this event, but his placement at this event effected his place in the championship (we believe he would have had 2nd place instead of 4th...big difference. It may have been 3rd, we aren't totally sure how the points go LOL!) This was supposed to justify that Dan deserves to play with the big dogs. This was supposed to lock in our sponsorships for next year. We have been invited to the national licensing event for Formula D. It is our intention to compete in Formula D next year if we make it. Other than that, I don't know what is going to happen. We think the judges should be replaced at least.

IMO, drifting doesn't have to be subjective. It's that way right now because certain people in control want it to be that way. It's a huge "boys club". If you make it black and white, the club won't always be on top. At NOPI: The drivers meetings are inconsistent, no one drives the course ahead of time to be sure it is set up right and flows. The judges can never tell you specifically want they want and it changes several time throughout the day. There is a specific way to avoid these types of issues.....review the tape ;) It's done in all kind of sports where judgment calls are made. Take football for an example. It is a judgment call to throw a red flag. if there is a dispute, the tapes are reviewed and a decision is made from there....am I right? I don't watch too much football.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Yea I figured that you were busy so I didn't poke around too much. I didn't see that he downshifted in that video, it's not quite clear. I want to see the Tunervision videos because you add this stunt in with the slapping incident and they need to do something about that.
Oh yea. Tunervision had 4 cameras on it. We spoke to them yesterday. They got it al on tape and it WILL BE ON TUNERVISION. Dan lost his shit for the first time ever. I have known him 13 years and have never seen him lose his cool. It just doesn't happen! The producers weren't too happy with the weekend either. The event coordinator tried to push the TV people off of the judges stand while the thing with Marty was going on. They didn't want anyone to see that. ;)

As for Drifting becoming serious. Damm straight it is. Drifting is all about fun until you start spending over 100 grand a year to travel around and do events. Then it becomes about fun and money. Same with every sport. They ALL start out as fun, then when you get good enough, it progresses beyond that.

$100k pffffffftttttt. Try $250k!!!! LOL. I get the point though. It damn serious. Is NASCAR serious? Is F1 serious? Is college football serious? HELL YES IT IS!

Hey guys, thanks for all of your support. I'm glad some of you were there to see it. I had an amazing weekend until we got n the stage and the announcement was made.

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 09:44 AM
i hear ya tracy, is maxxis a sponsor of any type for the nopi drift series? if so maybe they can throw some weight around, let them know bullshit cant be tolerated, especially for one of their drivers

Tracy
09-18-2007, 09:48 AM
i hear ya tracy, is maxxis a sponsor of any type for the nopi drift series? if so maybe they can throw some weight around, let them know bullshit cant be tolerated, especially for one of their drivers

Yea they sponsor the series THANKS TO US! We had to beg them to sponsor the demo last year at NATS. They didn't want to. Their previous experience with them sucked. They did t for us. Because we told them it would be a good thing. I guess we'll see how they handle it.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
i know MAXXIS was pissed though!

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 09:54 AM
interesting stuff...keep us posted on what goes down

Black R
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
i've never see this sherman fellow - why not slap the shit out of him for being such a tool immediately following the 'incident'?

1SICKLEX
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Sorry that happened Dan and BG. :(

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Dan handled it the right way. Just le everyone know what a tool Sherman is.

Mr_Mischif
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Tracy I've got a video of him hitting you, and as soon as I find somewhere to upload it, I'll have it for you.

Mr_Mischif
09-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Disregard what I said, you can find it at http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7542370854402675055

Echonova
09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Linky no worky.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 10:51 AM
i agree mike, we need solid rules throughout all tandem competitions

we should make it D1 style and call it a day.

What's with the "we" stuff? Later, QD.

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Disregard what I said, you can find it at www.mischivous.com/dan.avi

wow, that made it blatantly clear it was a good pass and the dousche master def never let off the gas and rammed dans ass

out of context ftw^

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 10:58 AM

Well that makes it pretty clear doesn't it.

Brick
09-18-2007, 11:09 AM

Really does look like a...

"You asshole, you passed me. I'm going to hit you to get you out of the way and go ahead around."

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Worked that time, it was on purpose.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
NO DOUBT AND INDISPUTABLE

DAN WAS THE WINNER

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 11:18 AM
get us an email address and lets flood some bitches out with this shit....

Tracy
09-18-2007, 11:39 AM
get us an email address and lets flood some bitches out with this shit....

[email protected] [email protected]

PLEASE FEEL FREE! Guys thanks for all the support. Mr. Mischief, thanks for the vid. Everyone please rep this guy!!!! Keep em coming peeps.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
you can even hear the announcer say "GOES A LITTLE WIDE"

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 11:56 AM
What's with the "we" stuff? Later, QD.

competitive drifters.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
competitive drifters.:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I can't breathe..... I can't....:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I can't breathe......:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: ~dies~

:lmfao:

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
find something humorous echonova?

Echonova
09-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Just a little.

81911SC
09-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Just a little.
x2

Tracy
09-18-2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=14367.165

fun stuff there.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
ziptied is a bunch of cry babies LOL

Anyone that watches that video and doesnt see:
1) Bill str8en up an RAM dan
2) Dan taking the MIDDLE of the track an the PERFCT LINE and Bill going 25feet FROM THE CONES is a moron

i dont know what else to say. They are just blind. Dan was 10 feet from the CLIPPING POINT and 10 feet from the wall. he wsa driving the line he drove ALL DAY an the same line 95% of the other drivers were driving ALL WEEKEND.

Bill and Kenji were the only ones going WIDE an they both got passed. Bill was OUT OF THE CAMERA for crying out loud LOL

IF dan took a "SHALLOW LINE" just to pass, then EVERYONE was taking a SHALLOW line that day. THe clipping points are there for a reason, and they said BE AS CLOSE TO THEM AS POSSIBLE.

Dan was going FASTER because dan PULLED ON SHERMAN at the 10 second mark of the video, you see him pull a good 12in on shermans front bumper. They came to the next initiation and when dan went to go sideways bill STRAIGHTENED UP AND RAMMED DAN pushing him OFF THE COURSE.

Its ok for Bill to do it, but if Dan does it, its wrong LOL

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:00 PM
competitive drifters.

That includes you? Lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
find something humorous echonova?

I sure as hail did. Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 01:08 PM
personally i think bill did accelerate on the transition, with very minimal angle, and with what you are saying about his attitude after the fact, makes me believe it was intentional.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 01:08 PM
http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=14367.165

fun stuff there.Holy shit, that whole website needs a Midol.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Wait didnt a cup of soda get tossed on top the judges stand? Gee who did that?

Wassup with this? Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
QD grow a penis and stop thread jacking every goddamn thread to insult me, your a fucking pest.

SampaGuy
09-18-2007, 01:10 PM
my unbiased review of the video:

-the s13 did go way too wide on the first turn and i guess i would have passed him too if i was in dan's position

-it looks like the s13 hit the s14 because it was carrying too much momentum from the drift. it didnt look like it was on purpose. sure, he could have avoided the contact by slamming on the brakes but then he would not have been able to set up for the next turn

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:13 PM
QD grow a penis and stop thread jacking every goddamn thread to insult me, your a fucking pest.

How about you do something about it? Quit throwing your shit like you're a part of something and let the real folks get shit taken care of. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 01:14 PM
-it looks like the s13 hit the s14 because it was carrying too much momentum from the drift. it didnt look like it was on purpose. sure, he could have avoided the contact by slamming on the brakes but then he would not have been able to set up for the next turn
im not trying to argue, im asking an YOUR opinion.

Watch the video again, at approx the 13second mark, you see BOTH of them LINE BACK UP with Dan now in front. Dan PULLS a good 12in on sherman, he pulls a foot past sherman then suddenly Sherman cars LUNGES into dans rear bumper.

If Sherman was carrying so much speed and momentum, why would dan have ACCELERATED and pulled a FOOT away from shermans front bumper?

look at it again an tell me what you think.

thanks for your input :goodjob:

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Watch the video again, at approx the 13second mark, you see BOTH of them LINE BACK UP with Dan now in front. Dan PULLS a good 12in on sherman, he pulls a foot past sherman then suddenly Sherman cars LUNGES into dans rear bumper.

I don't have any clue as to the rules of any drift event(cause I don't care anything about it), but I did see what you just mentioned, too. Later, QD.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM
How about you do something about it? Quit throwing your shit like you're a part of something and let the real folks get shit taken care of. Later, QD.

Didnt a 15 year old kid beat your ass? Thats what I heard, something about you pissing him off over the internet, and then he walked down the street while you were mowing your parents lawn and got your ass beat? Is that true? I wouldnt doubt it.

Now if a 15 year old could beat your ass, what makes you think a solid sized 18 year old would hesitate to break your cracker ass in half?

but besides stealing this thread, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, bill came to them and told them "i wont let you pass without some contact"

what are they supposed to believe then?

Echonova
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
but besides stealing this thread, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, bill came to them and told them "i wont let you pass without some contact" Yeah, I know how Bill feels, about 4 events ago this dude passed me. I hit him after the pass.....

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Driftinaccendent.gif

Later that night.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Didnt a 15 year old kid beat your ass? Thats what I heard, something about you pissing him off over the internet, and then he walked down the street while you were mowing your parents lawn and got your ass beat? Is that true? I wouldnt doubt it.

Now if a 15 year old could beat your ass, what makes you think a solid sized 18 year old would hesitate to break your cracker ass in half?

Who do you know that is a "solid sized 18 year old?" I know it isn't you because I've seen pics of you. You really aren't shit. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:26 PM
sand bitch Mom

Speaking of which, how's the cat? Later, QD.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't have any clue as to the rules of any drift event(cause I don't care anything about it), but I did see what you just mentioned, too. Later, QD.

There is much controversy over passing in drifting. It has been banned mid season this year in Formula D from what I hear. It has not been banned at NOPI or D1. The rule is, if it is a clean pass, then it is allowed. IMO, Dan made a clean pass. PERIOD. The judges didn't see it that way.

The point is, Bill rammed Dan. He admitted it. He laughed about it. He thinks it's funny. He has horrible character. He rams drivers and slaps them in the face. That isn't cute. That's dangerous.

They deleted the video of him slapping Mike on drifting.com It must be pretty serious that he did that. Why delete it otherwise?

Echonova
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
They deleted the video of him slapping Mike on drifting.com It must be pretty serious that he did that. Why delete it otherwise? Maybe he's a sponsor and no bad mouthing is allowed?;)

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
are you calling me indian? if you are, may god have pity on your pathetic soul. and 180 pounds is pretty solid in my book.

81911SC
09-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Nothing a 9mm won't fix.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:32 PM
are you calling me indian?

I had you confused with some other dumbass. There's so many of you on here, it's hard to keep track.

if you are, may god have pity on your pathetic soul.

Why would I have pity on my own soul?

and 180 pounds is pretty solid in my book.

And we all know how your book reads. So, as I thought, there's nothing to shiver about when hearing you threaten someone. Later, QD.

SampaGuy
09-18-2007, 01:33 PM
im not trying to argue, im asking an YOUR opinion.

If Sherman was carrying so much speed and momentum, why would dan have ACCELERATED and pulled a FOOT away from shermans front bumper?

look at it again an tell me what you think.

thanks for your input :goodjob:

it looks like the s13 lunged forward at first but after watching it carefully a few times it was dan who slowed down too much and the s13 had no where to go. thats what it looks like but i wasnt there and im not sure.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Why would I have pity on my own soul?

jesus doesnt love you.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:38 PM
jesus doesnt love you.

And I don't love my son, either. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:38 PM
There is much controversy over passing in drifting. It has been banned mid season this year in Formula D from what I hear. It has not been banned at NOPI or D1. The rule is, if it is a clean pass, then it is allowed. IMO, Dan made a clean pass. PERIOD. The judges didn't see it that way.

The point is, Bill rammed Dan. He admitted it. He laughed about it. He thinks it's funny. He has horrible character. He rams drivers and slaps them in the face. That isn't cute. That's dangerous.

They deleted the video of him slapping Mike on drifting.com It must be pretty serious that he did that. Why delete it otherwise?

Well what about the other comment on the "soda throwing?" Later, QD.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
it looks like the s13 lunged forward at first but after watching it carefully a few times it was dan who slowed down too much and the s13 had no where to go. thats what it looks like but i wasnt there and im not sure.

If you notice, there is a transition coming up after the pass. It is a natural progression to slow down for the transition. Either way, Bill admitted that he hit Dan on purpose to several people....including Dan and I....to our face....with a hand shake and a chuckle.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Well what about the other comment on the "soda throwing?" Later, QD.

I don't know about that. I tried to stay as far away from the judges as I could. I stayed with Dan for most of it by the car.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:50 PM
From that thread, it looked like someone was saying that Dan threw a soda at the judges? I'm not making accusations. I just wondered. Later, QD.

SampaGuy
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM
If you notice, there is a transition coming up after the pass. It is a natural progression to slow down for the transition. Either way, Bill admitted that he hit Dan on purpose to several people....including Dan and I....to our face....with a hand shake and a chuckle.

oh ok nevermind then lol. what an asshole.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
From that thread, it looked like someone was saying that Dan threw a soda at the judges? I'm not making accusations. I just wondered. Later, QD.

Oh no. He didn't even go to the judges after that. We thought he won until they announced it on stage like an hour later. We had no idea it was an issue.

quickdodge®
09-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Gotcha! I wonder who they were talking about. That would be an interesting turn of events. Later, QD.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 01:55 PM
From that thread, it looked like someone was saying that Dan threw a soda at the judges? I'm not making accusations. I just wondered. Later, QD.It was me.:( My car is sponsered by Pepsi and I was trying to give the judges a free sample.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 01:56 PM
Gotcha! I wonder who they were talking about. That would be an interesting turn of events. Later, QD. They may have been talking about the race between Dan and Marty. I don't know if anyone threw a coke then (Dan didn't, I know that). Dan went to the judges after that happened. Marty's car stalled in front of Dan. They gave the win to Marty originally since DAN HIT MARTY FROM BEHIND. They reversed the call thanks to Marty admitting that his car shut off mid drift. Another driver also lost a run because he hit the other driver from behind. No questions asked.

batlbrandon
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Man, Taco Bell is kicking my ass today.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 04:39 PM
is that brandon? GET BACK TO WORK FUCKER

Tracy
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
LOL

BLK JDM
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
We watched the drifting and from what we saw from the OVERALL events Dan got what he deserved.

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
We watched the drifting and from what we saw from the OVERALL events Dan got what he deserved.

You can't be serious, Dan had everyone there beat. He drove around Bill like he was sitting still.

The Ren
09-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I didnt see it but seeing that vid now.. sherman is a pussy.. period..

BLK JDM
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
If they would have let the crowd make decisions Dan wouldn't have even been in the finals. It would have been Sherman vs. Kenji.

The crowd was yelling, "One More Time!!" after Dan and Kenji's run. Then when they gave the win to Dan, the whole crowd in the stands across from the tower boo'd and yelled. They even cut off the announcer again w/ a, "One More Time!!" chant. The announcer just blew them off saying that they'll get to see more good races-that's all yall want.

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 05:28 PM
LOL They wanted to see Dan and Kenji again because it was the best run of the weekend and Dan put it too him. He drove around Kenji even faster than he went around Sherman.

BLK JDM
09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
In real drifting you don't get points for passing. Just cause he passed Kenji doesn't mean he won. In Japan they pass each other all the time when drifting-it doesn't mean your drifting is better. I guess it's judged differently.

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 05:42 PM
In real drifting you don't get points for passing. Just cause he passed Kenji doesn't mean he won. In Japan they pass each other all the time when drifting-it doesn't mean your drifting is better. I guess it's judged differently.

Then real drifting is gay, the fact that there is passing is the saving grace of drifting. If it weren't for the passing then it would just be a bunch of homos doing donuts in a parking lot.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 05:45 PM

(THIS IS ONE OF THE NOPI DRIFT JUDGES WEBSITES, A NOPI DRIFT JUDGE WROTE THIS)

In the first run, Okubo lead, and initiated his drift almost before the big bank even started, staying high on the bank and billowing smoke the whole way through. Seigo struggled to keep up, taking a slightly lower line, but giving Okubo plenty of pressure. When they switched, both drivers took the same line which led to an awkward situation at the exit of the main bank. Okubo had more speed and was running the high line, while Seigo ran the low line, allowing Okubo to pass him mid-drift. While this move would have given Okubo the automatic win in Japan, Formula D has a very strict no-passing rule, forcing a one-more-time showdown. In the sudden death match, Okubo would lead first, with another tight run. When they switched leaders, Seigo attempted to initiate much earlier, but lost his drift midway through the bank and straightened out.

you can read the entire article by Everything Drift at http://www.everythingdrift.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=30

PASSING EQUALS AN AUTOMATIC WIN IN D1

This is dan posting.

if you want to come over and watch all 35 d1 videos i have we can evaluate every pass. I dont recall one time that a driver looses that passes another driver.

this is straight from the d1 rulebook.

i will get you the rules on passing as soon as i find them in the rulebook.

"These expert D1 judges evaluate speed, angle of attack and vehicle control and factors like slowing to the point of hindering the other driver, running into another car or spinning out mean an automatic loss of the run. To advance to the next round, drivers use tactics such as putting pressure on an opponent through a more aggressive drift angle, carrying a higher speed through a corner, and showing good strategy. Judges are thoroughly familiar with the capabilities of each competitor's car and if the driver is not pushing the car to the limit, they will be eliminated from the round. In spite of the high stakes and close competition, D1GP drivers are expected to exercise outstanding showmanship and a professional code of conduct, or a "warrior etiquette", that make D1GP competitions the most exciting and dramatic of all drift competitions in the world."

notice where it says "warrior etiquette" which means be HONORABLE.... :ninja:

notice where it says running into another car means automatic loss of the run. that is a NOPI rule too..................... :D

Whiteboy™
09-18-2007, 05:49 PM
will this lighten the mood???

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2117/lolzyv2.png

BTLFED
09-18-2007, 05:49 PM
LOL @ ziptied.com

Looks like a bunch of Sherman nut swingers to me. What a pathetic site.

Glides
09-18-2007, 06:00 PM

RAndom IA noob trying to make a name for himself by posting something to start drama #4321534251, please report to the lobby, your mother is waiting.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
RAndom IA noob trying to make a name for himself by posting something to start drama #4321534251, please report to the lobby, your mother is waiting.
LOL

Jerel i respect your opinion and thank you for your input. :goodjob:

However, i think Dan cleared everything up

BLK JDM
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM

Sorry jackass but look at my member date. I've been a member since ImportSouth and ImportAtlanta were 1 site. I don't live on this site, just cause your new ass is now getting some respect don't mean shit. Start posting quality not quantity before you reply to me.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 06:16 PM
will this lighten the mood???

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2117/lolzyv2.pngNo but this will...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Smile_small-1.jpg

BLK JDM
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
LOL

Jerel i respect your opinion and thank you for your input. :goodjob:

However, i think Dan cleared everything up

Thanks you know what they say about opions; opions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

You know how I like starting shit. But yeah that was a blatant hit by Sherman. When we were leaving we swore Dan won.

Vteckidd
09-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks you know what they say about opions; opions are like assholes, everybody's got one.

You know how I like starting shit. But yeah that was a blatant hit by Sherman. When we were leaving we swore Dan won.
I know man, its cool, like i said, you gave your opinion as a spectator, just cause you dont agree with someone else doesnt mean your an idiot.

thanks man, see you around sometime :D

Tracy
09-18-2007, 06:20 PM

This is Dan again
Thank you :goodjob:

Tracy
09-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Drift Racccccccccccccing! Told ya!

~Tracy

Tracy
09-18-2007, 06:32 PM
www.batlground.com

FTW

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
i knew thats what this was all about....promoting your shop again....

Echonova
09-18-2007, 06:39 PM
www.batlground.com (http://www.batlground.com/)

FTWhttp://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/WinniethePoohIcon.jpg

Tracy
09-18-2007, 06:40 PM
i knew thats what this was all about....promoting your shop again....

Might as well get something out of it. Only took me, what, 15 pages to promote a plug? I think I'm getting better at this :D

BTLFED
09-18-2007, 08:01 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/WinniethePoohIcon.jpg

Evil Goat
09-18-2007, 08:06 PM
im just curious, he lost out on 14g's....whatd he get for 2nd?

EmminoDaGreat
09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
You cant dispute an opinion based sport. Thats why there are judges. I see where you guys are coming from, but you will never get anything out of this... If it were a RACE where there are finish lines etc and times. There would be no need for judges, nor opinions, therefor the winner would be obvious. I thought you guys had won, but i was proven wrong. This dispute to me is like someone arguing about who won a car show, when it is opinion based because all judges dont think equal.

Big Baller
09-18-2007, 08:24 PM
You cant dispute an opinion based sport. Thats why there are judges. I see where you guys are coming from, but you will never get anything out of this... If it were a RACE where there are finish lines etc and times. There would be no need for judges, nor opinions, therefor the winner would be obvious. I thought you guys had won, but i was proven wrong. This dispute to me is like someone arguing about who won a car show, when it is opinion based because all judges dont think equal.

First its only partially opinion based. There are rules and they should be followed.

Second its going to take things like this to make the sport better. Yes Dan got screwed, lots of people are pissed about it, hopefully that will be enough for promoters to make changes.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-18-2007, 08:46 PM
The bottom line is:

Passing is legal in NOPI Drift. Dan made a clean pass.
Hitting another car is automatic advantage to other car. Bill hit Dan.

Dan should have won hands down.

ballistic08
09-18-2007, 09:00 PM
all hail dan... the real winner

great job dan. ill try to spread the video

Tracy
09-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Drifting is not that subjective. It's only subjective because no one makes a stand and sticks by it. Certain folks are happy with being able to pick drivers to win. Everyone from NOPI is all wishy washy about the rules and what is said in the drivers meetings. If you ask too many questions, you get the eye roll.

RISKYB
09-18-2007, 09:44 PM
the vid says it all, hail to Dan the real winner

Frosty_spl
09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Rubbin is racin.

end thread.

Tracy
09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Rubbin is racin.

end thread.

That could be the case, depending on what the rules state. In this case they state that rubbing decides the loser ;)

end thread

Echonova
09-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Rubbin is racin.

end thread.Does that make Dan = Tom Cruise? Better question is does that make Tracy = Nicole Kiddman?,?,?, cause I think that bitch is hot.

josh green
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
I could care less who wins. I dont like drifting but I have respect for some of the guys for their car control abilities. Now coming from that standpoint, Drifting closest to a cone is stupid. I want to see a guy who can control angle and speed 12" from a wall. Just because you can make it through the turn in a faster time does not mean you are carrying more speed than the other driver. Since drifting isnt racing the fastest line "doesnt win" its the "hardest." If both drivers are going roughly 60mph through a turn and one guy chooses a high line and is VERY close to a wall with a good angle I believe that he is showing better car control than someone who has the same entry speed and chose a less harsh of a line for the opportunity to pass.Honestly, rather than passing I believe that a better driver would stay so close and apply so much pressure to the lead man for force a fuck up or show that the trailing driver is obviously better. I see no wrong in a nudge from the trailing driver. Its like saying "I'm here and your going to have to step it up to win this." I think a trailing driver that is drifting close and is basically on/off on speed and basically taunting the lead driver, thats obviously a better drifter. If that competitor feels he is better than his opponent he should chose a wider more harsh line to make the trailing driver match ones skill.

Honestly, I was rooting for the Element, that shit was cool to watch solely b/c it wasnt a car.

This weekend tracy was holding the nickname "spin doctor"

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:02 PM
I see no wrong in a nudge from the trailing driver. Its like saying "I'm hear and your going to have to step it up to win this." I hear you, and I'm hear to agree with you. I didn't hear what was said, but I thought Tracy said this wasn't fair hear at Nopi. I also heared that Bill Sherman admitted to do it on purpose. What the hell is going on hear at Nopi? There should be a hearing looking in to this.

bafbrian
09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
After watching the video and reading this thread and the one on ziptied (bunch of fanboys IMHO), it is clear that "everyone" must have been taking the shallow line all day.

Dan passes Kenji, cleanly, why, because Kenji took a wider line, end result, Dan wins moves on the next round.

In the finals, Dan passes Sherman, cleanly, why Sherman took a wider line, (Damn, looks like Deja vu' but...) end result, Sherman wins because he does hit Dan in the rear bumper, causing him to go off-course.

For anyone who can't see Sherman's car accelerate as close the gap as Dan begins the next transition (Why? Because Sherman straightened out and floored it) or hear the car rev, you need to have your eyes and ears checked ASAP.

Dan, good job all weekend. Unfortunately, shit like this happens when winning something is in your grasp. Just brush it off and prepare for next year.

I do hope that your sponsors and other sponsors look at this and start asking some serious questions about sportsmanship.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I see no wrong in a nudge from the trailing driver. Its like saying "I'm here and your going to have to step it up to win this." Lets go make a mountain run... I'll follow.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
OMG lets fucking be a douche bag about a typo from a guy stating an unbiased opinion about a "sport" they call drifting. Its people like you that should be put in the wall and further rammed until you were pinned and BURNED to death. I would definitely cheer for the "trailing guy." I cannot wait until this fad is over, killing $1000's of dollars in tires and beating the shit out of expensive aftermarket parts that have to be replaced sounds like fun to me. Not to mention that there is no where to practice w/out putting someone in danger on a public road. I am sure you would be really good if you ONLY drifted at events or track days that came around.Wow, that sounded pretty good for a Honda driver....

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:17 PM

81911SC
09-18-2007, 11:18 PM
OMG lets fucking be a douche bag about a typo from a guy stating an unbiased opinion about a "sport" they call drifting. Its people like you that should be put in the wall and further rammed until you were pinned and BURNED to death. I would definitely cheer for the "trailing guy." I cannot wait until this fad is over, killing $1000's of dollars in tires and beating the shit out of expensive aftermarket parts that have to be replaced sounds like fun to me. Not to mention that there is no where to practice w/out putting someone in danger on a public road. I am sure you would be really good if you ONLY drifted at events or track days that came around. Hell dirt track racing probably takes more skill, at least there are several drivers "drifting" with each other at a time and there is a cut and dried winner.
~begins crying with Josh Green~

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Red light district Back in action!!!! Why don't you go back to what you're good at?

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Eh? You don't sound too different from me, minus the four wheel drive truck.....

81911SC
09-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Lol @ Joshua describing my home town.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
and my house is bigger than 1200 square foot.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:26 PM
and it's a horse farm, not a cow pasture across the street.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
and I don't drink beer.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
and
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/tfo.gif

81911SC
09-18-2007, 11:34 PM
I don't like drifting. Echonova nevermind what I said in my rep.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:39 PM
^Feels the need to clarify his surroundings for those that dont know him. Because trying to attack someone personally is easier than trying to argue with ones stated opinion on the topic subject. But I am in the whores lounge, both members giving me flack both joined a year later than I and have 6-7 times the amount of posts, as stated by Black_JDM before, " Its about post quality, not quantity."
^ Feels the need to continue a pointless argument (to prove his manhood)because neither side will give up (well I might, I have a job waiting for me in the morning). Plenty of people know me, apparently you don't. So I thought I would fill in some blanks. If that's not needed, I will continue with ownage.

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't like drifting. Echonova nevermind what I said in my rep.I don't like it either. Hahahahahaha I pwned you;)

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:42 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/dhallstatementtoCJ.jpg

Echonova
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Good night kids... We'll continue in the morning.

81911SC
09-18-2007, 11:44 PM
I don't like it either. Hahahahahaha I pwned you;)
I have been waiting.

SoLJames95
09-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Okay honestly it doent really matter... It's over and done with, they made a bad call. Maybe Nopi drift can invest in the INSTANT REPLAY BOOTH.. It helped the NFL. I talked to one of Kenji's crew members and he said "it should have been there team and Shermans." They got fucked in the ass! I saw most of the event. I think that Dan did well, but I think there should have been 2 different competors in the finals... BTW that Honda Element was the shit!!! (MY THOUGHT'S ON THE WHOLE SUBJECT)

SoLJames95
09-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Tough crowd.... English teacher by day, and IA grammatical error detector by night.

Kalifornia087
09-19-2007, 12:02 AM
I just read all this. I have to get up in 4 hours for work.

Fuck!

I can't see the video cause my computer is teh gay. and i didn't make it to nopi. Im sure i'll see the vid sometime. Sounds like a crappy sitution though.

Guess i'll see tomorrow.. err i mean today. Shitttt its late!

Austin

josh green
09-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Reposted due to earlier conflict.

I could care less who wins. I dont like drifting but I have respect for some of the guys for their car control abilities. Now coming from that standpoint, Drifting closest to a cone is stupid. I want to see a guy who can control angle and speed 12" from a wall. Just because you can make it through the turn in a faster time does not mean you are carrying more speed than the other driver. Since drifting isnt racing the fastest line "doesnt win" its the "hardest." If both drivers are going roughly 60mph through a turn and one guy chooses a high line and is VERY close to a wall with a good angle I believe that he is showing better car control than someone who has the same entry speed and chose a less harsh of a line for the opportunity to pass.Honestly, rather than passing I believe that a better driver would stay so close and apply so much pressure to the lead man for force a fuck up or show that the trailing driver is obviously better. I see no wrong in a nudge from the trailing driver. Its like saying "I'm here and your going to have to step it up to win this." I think a trailing driver that is drifting close and is basically on/off on speed and basically taunting the lead driver, thats obviously a better drifter. If that competitor feels he is better than his opponent he should chose a wider more harsh line to make the trailing driver match ones skill.

Honestly, I was rooting for the Element, that shit was cool to watch solely b/c it wasnt a car.

down_shift
09-19-2007, 12:27 AM
nopi needs to implement a no passing rule among many other things.

drift racing!

USMC_is300
09-19-2007, 12:42 AM
For some it's a career.

Glides,

seems funny as hell both videos were removed by uses lol bills trying to hide his 5 year old temper

BuBBa DRiFT
09-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Reposted due to earlier conflict.

but they are encouraged to get close to the clipping point, thats why they are there. The first turn was a nose clipping point, which meant you were encouraged to hug that turn. If Dan and Bill had the same angle at the first turn, dan would score more points. Therefore, Bill was at fault for going too wide, Bill didnt just go a little wider than usual, he was WIDE.

After Dan passed him and Bill came to the transition, there is no way he "lost control" or "had too much momentum" to hit Dan unintentionally. Especially when you hear Bill accelerate, when he's already going towards Dan at a far greater speed. The only way for Bill to take advantage that round was to hit Dan and hope the judges saw it as Dan's fault. Bill had nothing to lose after Dan passed him. Unfortunatly, the judges took Sherman's side.

Thats my .02

Echonova
09-19-2007, 06:49 AM
but they are encouraged to get close to the clipping point, thats why they are there. The first turn was a nose clipping point, which meant you were encouraged to hug that turn. If Dan and Bill had the same angle at the first turn, dan would score more points. Therefore, Bill was at fault for going too wide, Bill didnt just go a little wider than usual, he was WIDE.

After Dan passed him and Bill came to the transition, there is no way he "lost control" or "had too much momentum" to hit Dan unintentionally. Especially when you hear Bill accelerate, when he's already going towards Dan at a far greater speed. The only way for Bill to take advantage that round was to hit Dan and hope the judges saw it as Dan's fault. Bill had nothing to lose after Dan passed him. Unfortunatly, the judges took Sherman's side.

Thats my .02Nice post JJ:goodjob:

josh green
09-19-2007, 07:43 AM

Thats my .02
I am not up to date on the clipping points and all that stuff. But from what you have just said its sounds to me like drifting is just auto-x with style.

SPOOLIN
09-19-2007, 07:51 AM
They were about to turn that shit into drift racing, then I might watch if 2 cars are battling it out trying to get to the end first ...IF NOT, BORING!!!!!! I was watching qualifying and walked away yelling "BORING" LOL!!!

You hit a car, you're out.

ABC check - "Passed"
Slang check - "Passed"
Making sure my typing isn't to far off from correct typical grammar - "Passed"

quickdodge®
09-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Thats my .02

Lolol. Later, QD.

Echonova
09-19-2007, 08:03 AM
I am not up to date on the clipping points and all that stuff. But from what you have just said its sounds to me like drifting is just auto-x with style.Pretty much.

ABC check - "Passed"

Slang check - "Passed"

Making sure my typing isn't to far off from correct typical grammar - "Passed":lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Echonova
09-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Lolol. Later, QD.If all his posts were like that, no one would have a problem with him. Well, maybe some still would.....:ninja:

Tracy
09-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter what you think is better. It matters what the rules are right now. If you want to change the rules, write a letter. It's not that I don't respect your opinion on what you thinks is cooler. I do. What's more important than what you think looks cool is the rules and that is the issue in this case. There needs to be consistency with what is expected. If the rule is no passing, then no passing...that's just not the case.

Tracy
09-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Everyone who said there is nothing we can do now that it's over is probably right. We have however been instructed to compile video for NOPI and that is what we are doing. The Tunervision footage won't be ready for several weeks, they have to digitize it.

v-empire
09-19-2007, 08:53 AM
(THIS IS ONE OF THE NOPI DRIFT JUDGES WEBSITES, A NOPI DRIFT JUDGE WROTE THIS)

you can read the entire article by Everything Drift at http://www.everythingdrift.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=30

PASSING EQUALS AN AUTOMATIC WIN IN D1

This is dan posting.

if you want to come over and watch all 35 d1 videos i have we can evaluate every pass. I dont recall one time that a driver looses that passes another driver.

this isnt true. watch the last Fuji '07 D1GP.

however in your article:
the guy who took the high line, had more speed and angle. the guy with the shallow line didnt. the guy with the higher line passed as won.

if you had a higher line with more speed and angle, and passed the guy with the shallower line while mid drift who was leading, means the difficulty level and performance of the vehicle is obvious. it means you over impressed the car with the shallower line and less angle and still be able to pass.

re-check D1 rules. You can get them to send you one from D1gp.com.

passing doesnt score you higher. it means the other person gets a lower score if he was out of line. passing is for safety and keeping consistent.

Nopi finals inconsistency for the appropriate line to take from the judges impression is not concrete. so thats no issue.

the crowd was suppose to be awed by how close and how fast each takes the first corner.
take wall speed NJ for instance. first turn is a right on the high bank. would someone take the shallow line to pass?
both would go as wide as possible, as close to the wall, as fast as possible producing the most amount of smoke, angle, and close wall action. if you go shallow and pass, no bueno.

thats why all the Formula D drivers drove like that, because the speed gun and clipping point was by the next turn. thats why Bill was mad, thats why kenji was clueless with the judges.

Dan drove very well, and so did everybody else. there was nothing consistent about anything, and nothnig was clear so shiaaat happens. Bill intentionally ramed him and that was wrong. Him automatically winning, was an inaccurate call by the judges.
should either have been OMT, a disqualification for safety breach or point deduction for the Enjuku team. Automatic Win was lame.

this is just my opinion.
your argument should be Bill Shermans actions on the course (safety and etiquette) and not claiming an automatic win for the s14.

you deserved more, yes and i am honest about that. you drove the living piss out of that car and you have excelled.

Good luck.

Vteckidd
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Well i find it hard for people who "dont care about the sport, dont watch the sport, could give a shit about the sport" give an opinion on the matter lol.

But thats the way it goes. fans want to see a car as close to a wall as possible. THATS NOT WHAT THE JUDGES WANTED. You must learn what a CLIPPING POINT means please.

anyways , our point has been made, and im sure more video and the TV show will show exactly what happened with even more detail

Tracy
09-19-2007, 10:18 AM
The issue is now being looked into by NOPI. We received an e-mail today after they had a chance to review all of the video. The pass is no longer an issue (it was never an issue for some of the NOPI staff). There are other issues being presented. It seems as though now everyone is in agreement that the pass was fine. I will discuss the other issues in more detail later. Right now we are going to let some things pan out amongst the NOPI staff. Thank you everyone for your videos and views on what happened. Catch up with you later on.

Glides
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Honestly, rather than passing I believe that a better driver would stay so close and apply so much pressure to the lead man for force a fuck up or show that the trailing driver is obviously better. I see no wrong in a nudge from the trailing driver. Its like saying "I'm here and your going to have to step it up to win this." I think a trailing driver that is drifting close and is basically on/off on speed and basically taunting the lead driver, thats obviously a better drifter. If that competitor feels he is better than his opponent he should chose a wider more harsh line to make the trailing driver match ones skill.

You are correct, you do know nothing about Nopi Drifitng. If you nudge someone in a full lock slide, odds are they are going around and then they lose. This isn't Lanier Raceway, you don't just go running into your competitor when he makes a pass on you or you feel you need to let him know you are there. People wreck and they lose that way.

I do agree with mimicking the other driver though. You are quite right there, that is what Tandem Drifting was based on. But the rules in Nopi Drift are not written that way. So what Dan did was quite legal and quite fair.

SoLJames95
09-19-2007, 11:53 AM
It sounds like they need an instant replay booth... Or have the same rules as formula drift. I heard if u pass in that, u are aumatically DQ. These Nopi drift rules seem like some backyard make up shit rules.LOL

God
09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
to break it down for everyone,
this sort of thing is normal for nopi nationals, esp to those of us going for 10+yrs.

TopSpeedInc
09-19-2007, 12:30 PM
http://bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Dan should have won.

/Thread

Glides
09-19-2007, 03:09 PM
this sort of thing is normal for nopi nationals, esp to those of us going for 10+yrs.

+1 for you. They are consistant, Consitantly fucked up.

josh green
09-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Well i find it hard for people who "dont care about the sport, dont watch the sport, could give a shit about the sport" give an opinion on the matter lol.

But thats the way it goes. fans want to see a car as close to a wall as possible. THATS NOT WHAT THE JUDGES WANTED. You must learn what a CLIPPING POINT means please.

anyways , our point has been made, and im sure more video and the TV show will show exactly what happened with even more detail
Oh come on Mike, I am just giving an opinion of what could actually make it worth watching TO ME. I would be the the unbiased judge looking at the sport and the situation. A "clipping point" is really self explanatory.

Vteckidd
09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
josh stop getting defensive.
my point is that what SPECTATORS are wanting to see is not what is actually told to the drivers.

The system needs to be more strict.

BTLFED
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM

God speaks the truth. Every year people win trophys at the car show even when their car isn't even there. One of the 43992 reasons i don't even go anymore.

josh green
09-19-2007, 09:23 PM
my point is that what SPECTATORS are wanting to see is not what is actually told to the drivers.

I am just being defensive b/c some people think that I hate Batleground or something. I have nothing against Dan or Tracy, I just have no desire to associate with them. Its just different interests.

BuBBa DRiFT
09-19-2007, 10:33 PM
http://bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album01/Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

Dan should have won.

/Thread

LOL Reps sorry, its only +1 though :(

quickdodge®
09-20-2007, 12:27 AM
its only +1 though :(

Don't fret. I'm trying to help you out with that. Later, QD.

God
09-20-2007, 12:29 AM
God speaks the truth. Every year people win trophys at the car show even when their car isn't even there. One of the 43992 reasons i don't even go anymore.

haha i was going to post about that, wtf was the guys name?
wrecked on the way down and brought a picture

Vteckidd
09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
I am just being defensive b/c some people think that I hate Batleground or something. I have nothing against Dan or Tracy, I just have no desire to associate with them. Its just different interests.
now its you guys that are looking for trouble in every thread lol

Josh and Spoolin, its cool, you can post whatever you want in any thread, i wont take it the wrong way. Im over all that, its time for both places an both people to move on.

Now, josh, dont ever try an dry hump me on my golf cart again, you had me worried.

quickdodge®
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Maybe this thread should be locked, too. Later, QD.

Tracy
09-20-2007, 09:33 AM

I didn't see anyone get defensive. I saw some people who debated what you said, but I don't think it was defensive. Just 2 different opinions on how drifting is or should be :) I don't even know who you are, so I'm not even sure what are difference in interest would be...no offense.

BTLFED
09-20-2007, 05:37 PM
haha i was going to post about that, wtf was the guys name?
wrecked on the way down and brought a picture

Man I can't remember, but it has happened almost every year I have gone, even in Lakewood LOL! :lmfao:

God
09-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Man I can't remember, but it has happened almost every year I have gone, even in Lakewood LOL! :lmfao:

motherfucking lakewood
goddamn now your talking back to the times of godfather shows

quickdodge®
09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
motherfucking lakewood

No. Godfather shows were held at Mama's Country Showcase right across the street from their old store.

Lakewood was the site of the first several years of NOPI shows. When they only had VWs and then VWs and lo-los. Later, QD.

BTLFED
09-21-2007, 05:06 PM
motherfucking lakewood

Well we have been doing this for a while, ya know. ;)

Brady
09-22-2007, 10:48 AM
LOL @ ziptied.com

Looks like a bunch of Sherman nut swingers to me. What a pathetic site.
lawls...

God
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
No. Godfather shows were held at Mama's Country Showcase right across the street from their old store.

Lakewood was the site of the first several years of NOPI shows. When they only had VWs and then VWs and lo-los. Later, QD.

youre getting old qd :)
i said the times not the place :goodjob:

haha i remember going to nopi stores and only seeing old vw bug parts everywhere

God
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Well we have been doing this for a while, ya know. ;)

speaking of which, i keep getting fucking gray hairs nowadays
im starting to look salt and pepper
sigh
id make a joke about "push it"
but all the kids here are to young to know about the song

Tracy
09-24-2007, 11:58 AM
sigh

DUDE! I pulled a gray hair out of my head last week. It was about 10 inches long. That means it was there for a while, not a brand new thing UGH!

BTLFED
09-24-2007, 04:55 PM
sigh

Bahahaha! "Push it real good!" :lmfao:

I don't see any grey hair on me....yet..... :ninja:

Leadfoot_mf
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Bahahaha! "Push it real good!" :lmfao:

I don't see any grey hair on me....yet..... :ninja:

maybe if you cleaned the grease out of that nasty mop. :D

BTLFED
09-24-2007, 05:27 PM
maybe if you cleaned the grease out of that nasty mop. :D

I sell parts, I'm not a tech. :slap: :tongue1:

Leadfoot_mf
09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I sell parts, I'm not a tech. :slap: :tongue1:
your still dirty.

BTLFED
09-24-2007, 06:19 PM
your still dirty.

:umno:

HiPSI
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM

actually in the driver's meetings the prescribed line was out towards the wall then hitting the clip in the direction towards the judging trailer, then an immediate transition left and hitting the next clip at the top of the box going toward the stands, then again out toward the wall and back in on the next clip. but that's just for drifting, not drift racing ;).

Tracy
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
actually in the driver's meetings the prescribed line was out towards the wall then hitting the clip in the direction towards the judging trailer, then an immediate transition left and hitting the next clip at the top of the box going toward the stands, then again out toward the wall and back in on the next clip. but that's just for drifting, not drift racing ;).

Actually, in the drivers meeting they told us that they would have a speed gun pointing in that direction right after the first sweeper and they never mentioned being by the wall at that point in the track. They originally told us to get close to the wall after the bottom sweeper by the stands...then they changed their mind stating that they couldn't really see it from where they were.

HiPSI
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Actually, in the drivers meeting they told us that they would have a speed gun pointing in that direction right after the first sweeper and they never mentioned being by the wall at that point in the track. They originally told us to get close to the wall after the bottom sweeper by the stands...then they changed their mind stating that they couldn't really see it from where they were.

i vividly remember a pack of menthols swinging out near the wall. or was it a cellphone? come to think of it the line changed with every unannounced drivers meeting during the weekend.

Big Baller
09-25-2007, 08:11 PM
i vividly remember a pack of menthols swinging out near the wall. or was it a cellphone? come to think of it the line changed with every unannounced drivers meeting during the weekend.

That sounds about right

Tracy
09-26-2007, 10:36 AM

It was an iPhone! Gawd! So much for vividly remembering :D There was also discussion about the leaky barriers over in that area. If you watch the closer video, you can see there is water all through there during the run.

You know, Bill would have been in the dirt if that were a road course. There would have been no "gangster wide line" as I heard it called. There would have only been the "oh shit Bill's in the dirt line". I guess that's one more crappy thing about parking lots.

I remember the judges telling Dan that he tied for 2nd qualifying position with Kenji and that Kenji was 1 MPH faster through there and that was the tie breaker.

In the end, consistency on judging is the biggest issue I saw this year with NOPI Drift...that included with the fact that the judges never did test runs before they positioned the track which made it impossible for them to know what they were looking for. I remember one time, when this exact topic was being discussed in the drivers meeting (about the judges not driving the track and not knowing where the clipping points should go and me bringing it up) and Bill told me, in an annoyed voice, the line is the line. To me that means, the line is the line and there is no "gangster wide line" if you are doing it right. So much for practicing what you preach.