PDA

View Full Version : This is killing me...

Blitanicle99
09-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Ah Im at the point whether I can dump loads of money into my current truck 01 GMC Sierra which I love to death. Its the nicest vehicle Ive ever owned. And yes I own it. I am 19 and I own a 14k truck, I am damn proud I worked my ass off while in school for it.
But, then again forever I have wanted a WRX and with the way gas is kicking my ass its getting more and more relavant... And I can afford a WRX, not a new one but like up to an 04.
I get 13 around town and 18 highway... It sucks ass....

And from what I have heard you can take the money saved on a WRX and make it equivilant to a STi for cheaper?

On_Her_Face
09-17-2007, 12:03 AM
u could probably save money by not getting an sti.. but even if it is equivilant to an sti, its still not an sti (aka maniac)

81911SC
09-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Lol @ David. A. This should go in "Car Talk" B. I can't help. Idk man, it's up to you.

Stormhammer
09-17-2007, 12:26 AM
I'd go for the WRX, and avoid doing any major engine mods

KPowerEP3
09-17-2007, 12:27 AM
u could probably save money by not getting an sti.. but even if it is equivilant to an sti, its still not an sti (aka maniac)
He's right. I was going to do the same thing, but then I got to researching, and to put the kind of power down I wanted, I was pretty much guaranteed to grenade the trans. Hell, ask maniac about that one, too. I love the cars, but it's not worth it, and I just couldn't bring myself to spring for an STi.

81911SC
09-17-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm not choosing but I will tell you if that is the first vehicle you bought, you will cry when she leaves.

Hundo®
09-17-2007, 01:25 AM
dont' get a WRX unless you plan on having alot of dents in your car from shopping carts. i can't remember how many times i've accidentally hit WRX's with shopping carts at walmart etc thinking thats where they all went ;\

Dracc
09-17-2007, 01:33 AM
dont' get a WRX unless you plan on having alot of dents in your car from shopping carts. i can't remember how many times i've accidentally hit WRX's with shopping carts at walmart etc thinking thats where they all went ;\

you too.. thought i was the only one

ksniperfox
09-17-2007, 03:07 AM
:( i went to the subie dealer to pick up a STi before i decided to move out. i decided against it because my insurance company stATE farm told me my insurance payment would be as much as my rent now. 500+750 for sti or 755+utilities for my own place....easy decision. about 10k/year in insurance, and i would have ended up buying the car twice after 3 years. thats what a bad record gets me:(

but if you have a good record, get a wrx and just throw a catback on it and call it a day. better gas mileage and its decently quick. and theyre sexy.

Keebs ð¿ð
09-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Play it smart, buy a civic as the DD. Really good gas mileage, doesn't break too often and they are dirt cheap. Then take the left over cash and buy a project car. 240sx, integra, older m3, something that you can play around with and still have a car that is cheap on insurance and costs next to nothing to fill the tank up. Atleast that's how I'd do it

_Christian_
09-17-2007, 03:37 AM
id hook up a turbo deisel truck and have a bike if i were u.

quickdodge®
09-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Instead of getting next year's Honda Civic, why not find something that will be different from everyone else. Later, QD.

Blitanicle99
09-17-2007, 03:02 PM
It aint the first vehicle, just the nicest.
I had 3 240s, a Tacoma and a 4runner before this. I owned the Tacoma and the 240s. My dad had to own the 4runner because a minor cant own a vehicle..
Im just at that point where I can start a project and I am not sure if I am starting the right one...
I live in south GA 3.5 hours away from my town and the gas I can save would be nice...
I have always wanted a WRX for awhile and I can afford one but again not having a truck to pull with would put me at a low also...

Deke
09-17-2007, 04:17 PM
But, then again forever I have wanted a WRX and with the way gas is kicking my ass its getting more and more relavant... And I can afford a WRX, not a new one but like up to an 04.
I get 13 around town and 18 highway... It sucks ass....

Just to warn you, the gas mileage on the wrx isn't that great when it comes to cars. The AWD hurts it, along with the heavy foot that might develop :) I believe I get somewhere around 20 (with engine management), which is obviously still better than your truck, but nothing spectaculor.

And from what I have heard you can take the money saved on a WRX and make it equivilant to a STi for cheaper?

For power, yes. For all around performance (power, suspension, drivetrain), probably not. The STi is just simply a much better starting platform for a heavily modded car. I'm not saying the WRX is slow or can't be modded nicely, I'm just saying that if you want it to be an STi, just save yourself the hardship and buy the STi.

Deke
09-17-2007, 04:19 PM

Why do you hate on our cars so much? I swear, every thread about an STi has at least one back-handed comment from you in it. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just curious as to why you have such dislike for them

coolcat
09-17-2007, 04:44 PM
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j149/slipknot2k7/BROsaregay.jpg

Damn, life sounds rough bud.

Blitanicle99
09-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Uh huh...
You mean like this..?
http://img30.picoodle.com/img/img30/9/9/17/t_IMG0554m_c7b9e7a.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/9/9/17/f_IMG0554m_c7b9e7a.jpg&srv=img30)
79 F150 60/70s 460 44s :D
And yes... that is me.
And mine is not lifted. For once I am not lifting my truck... or atleast trying not to. I can only listen to few songs of rap honestly. And I do not own a John Deer hat...

coolcat
09-17-2007, 05:03 PM
It's a shame you got rid of it for a 01 Sierra, WITH LAMBO DOORS.. Mad redneck dawg.

Hundo®
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Why do you hate on our cars so much? I swear, every thread about an STi has at least one back-handed comment from you in it. Obviously you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just curious as to why you have such dislike for them

i honestly think this is the first time i've commented on a WRX on this forum.. but if not.. whatever ;p

i just dont like them, i dont understand why anyone does.. just me though. no disrespect to you guys and you suby owners ;p

Blitanicle99
09-17-2007, 05:52 PM
It's a shame you got rid of it for a 01 Sierra, WITH LAMBO DOORS.. Mad redneck dawg.

Oh oh... Thats not mine lol. I like the all blacked out look thing he had going on but def not the lambo doors.
I guess I see where you are coming from.
Mine is bone stock with exhaust. I almost got tint done today but Im not paying 100 bucks for two windows.

Deke
09-17-2007, 06:29 PM
i honestly think this is the first time i've commented on a WRX on this forum.. but if not.. whatever ;p

i just dont like them, i dont understand why anyone does.. just me though. no disrespect to you guys and you suby owners ;p

Haha, eh, fair enough. I can't remember anything specific, I just feel like you've had negative subaru input before. But like I said, to each his own. I was just curious :)

man
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM

I'm the exact opposite, I love the wrx but for some reason I just can't find an attraction to the styling of the 350z. I do love how the Z drives, though, they are good cars.

Quattro Kid
09-17-2007, 06:59 PM
how much are you trying to spend? if i had the money i would go find the cheapest newest gen. mustang GT, get full exhaust, chip, and intake, it cost my friend like 2 grand i think, then i'd get it dyno'd, or go w/ an evo if it was in price range

but that's what i'd do, i love the new mustangs, but you wouldn't see much difference in gas milage though, but a little better

UpSideDownDesi
09-17-2007, 11:26 PM
you are best off with a STI or a swaped WRX....to make a WRX quick, and reliable....you'll just be adding more and more STi parts to it. STi can take 10x more punishment than a WRX. Get a STi and save yourself lots of trbl and money. WRX will be a good car if you want a quick daily car, and keep the mods on low side. Hit any of the Suby guys if you any questions.
P.S see the one in my sig...it's for sale.