PDA

View Full Version : Misc Legal Name Change

nipponLIFE
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone here has ever had a name change or knew someone that went through it. My friend is looking to adopt his mothers maiden name as his last name and is clueless on how to do it.

and how much does it cost?

thanks so much!

Leisa
09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
you can present it to the judge, or even possibly just file a petition to have it done, last time I checked it was between 250-500... could be less now... its been a while

quickdodge®
09-17-2007, 10:15 AM
"In most jurisdictions, a Petition for Change of Name of Adult must be filed in the county court in which the Petitioner (i.e. the person seeking to change his or her name) lives. Any lawful reason that the Petitioner deems a benefit is typically adequate to satisfy most courts. For example, the Petitioner may prefer a new name due to social or religious reasons. The Petitioner may not change his or her name for purposes of fraud or if it will violate the rights of others. Some courts may require the Petitioner to provide a list of the names and addresses of his or her creditors. The Petitioner should contact the court clerk in the county in which he or she resides to determine the filing fees, docket number, and other local requirements."

Later, QD.

PRiMAdonna
09-17-2007, 07:06 PM
i just got married and it was free :yes:

PSINXS
09-17-2007, 07:27 PM
i just got married and it was free :yes:
lies all lies. you havent gone to change it yet!! lolz

thinkfast®
09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
alex (maniac) used to be named alexa. after the surgery he changed it tho

still has the hairstyles of a female, but whatever

man
09-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Go here: REQUEST & SUGGESTIONS

Make thread

paypal me $200

I will send paul $100 and he will change your name, TA DA!!!!