PDA

View Full Version : FMIC Welding?

Silver RSX-S
09-16-2007, 09:22 PM
ok i got a FMIC with single sided endtanks that i want redone to a more normal style. wheres a good place to get this done? I'm also going to need some more 2.5" aluminum piping and maybe some couplers/tclamps too to extend the charge pipes to the other side. any recommendations would be great.

heres a pic of the FMIC now, precision 650hp core
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/3865/1002114lu5.jpg

i want it similar the greddy so that a 180 curve in piping isnt needed but i dont expect it to be JUST like that lol ;)
http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/2629/untitled1vn4.jpg

but if cant do something similar to that this would be ok i guess
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/dragonaac/DSC01124.jpg

RBS
09-16-2007, 10:21 PM
mainstream performance, batlground eng, tophat performance, local performance shops, your friendly local welder/fabricator

KPowerEP3
09-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Since you have to route your charge pipes like that anyways, why not just leave it as-is? That seems more logical to me, save yourself some $$ as well as maybe a little lag...that's a 180* turn and 2 feet of pipe no matter how you slice it.

pure insanity
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
im a little far away from you, but i can do it.

Silver RSX-S
09-17-2007, 02:30 AM
is it not going to hurt HP since the FMIC is basically cut in half? and wont it kill flow greatly with such a sharp 180 (inside the core)?

KPowerEP3
09-17-2007, 04:23 AM
is it not going to hurt HP since the FMIC is basically cut in half? and wont it kill flow greatly with such a sharp 180 (inside the core)?

I wouldn't think so, because you're going to have a full 180 bend no matter what since our TB's face the driver's side, so instead of doing it with a pipe, you're doing it internally. Like I said before, if nothing else you're going to save money and possibly a tiny bit of initial lag, but also, if you think of it the air is essentially making two passes through the intercooler, so there could be some added cooling benefits. I don't know, though. To answer your original question, though, if you want to have it modified, I say call turbo dave up at mainstream...he should be able to take care of it.

What turbo kit are you running, btw?

Silver RSX-S
09-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I wouldn't think so, because you're going to have a full 180 bend no matter what since our TB's face the driver's side, so instead of doing it with a pipe, you're doing it internally. Like I said before, if nothing else you're going to save money and possibly a tiny bit of initial lag, but also, if you think of it the air is essentially making two passes through the intercooler, so there could be some added cooling benefits. I don't know, though. To answer your original question, though, if you want to have it modified, I say call turbo dave up at mainstream...he should be able to take care of it.

What turbo kit are you running, btw?

custom sidewinder manifold on a sc6176s at 15psi :bannana:

selling it though as im about to upgrade to either peak boost or fullrace (most likely fullrace)