PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Chrysler Conquest

mike's02ls1
09-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Are these cars worht modding? I heard the motors have very few aftermarket support, and the fuel injection is a nightmare.

mike's02ls1
09-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Opps move this to car talk please....

cactusEG
09-16-2007, 12:34 PM
i heard they brake down quick..

Echonova
09-16-2007, 01:02 PM
SR20 a Conquest. Problem solved.

Annihilation
09-16-2007, 03:40 PM
FUCK THEM STARIONS...dealt with RandomGuys too many times

Stormhammer
09-16-2007, 04:19 PM
^^ LOL

SQs are overall pretty good cars - I see Kyle is lurking in here

The key to it all is preventative maintainence, something seems off, make sure you find out what it is and why. If something breaks, fix it. The community is second to bar none, and everyone loves lending a hand.

The fuel injection isn't all THAT crappy, people have still managed to run I think the fastest was a 12.9 on the 2 injector setup. But Mitsubishi did ralley with the TBI setups. The problem is people slap on big turbo's and crank up the boost to 20+psi, and don't have the supporting mods, and BOOM! That or the stock head just cracked ( which they are prone to doing, just an excuse to us to get an aftermarket one :yes: )

But if you want major HP, and a get good use out of a turbo larger than an 18G, MPI is definitely the way to go.

And don't half ass repairs and wiring and stuff like RandomGuy does :lmao:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/bc42de8e-05c2-43dd-8d5c-986a000a4260.htm

Its an older video, but it gives you an idea of what an MPI starion is capable of ( just to prove that the cars are moddable )

but like I said earlier on, www.starquestclub.com is your best resource :yes:

EP3sAreFun
09-16-2007, 04:25 PM
^^hassan's car is a terrible example.

My car is a good example.

the fuel injection isnt a nightmare, its just crap. The problem isnt the car... its the fact that Mitsu put state of the art technology in these cars and 20 years later when kids get their hands on the car, slap a huge Turbo on it, and crank the boost up to 20 psi the motor blows, and they are real quick to call it junk cause they don't know what the hell they are doing.

When all you have to do is maintenance and repair on one before you modify it. its just like any other car.

And yes, theres aftermarket for these cars, not alot, but enough. Any part you would need you can find from somewhere. although there may just be a single merchant who makes it.

get the car running good, do a simple motor build, add a multiport intake manifold and a decent turbo and you have an EASY 300whp/400tqe car.

If you dont wanna do your own work on your own car, dont get a Starion.

if your really interested, www.starquestclub.com

PM me if you have any specific questions

JITB
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
whats this injector talk? i don tknow nothing about starions, or conquests

RandomGuy
09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
whats this injector talk? i don tknow nothing about starions, or conquests
they come stock with 2 injectors
spraying into a throttle body

(kinda like the old school hondas)

you know how u do MPFI conversion on those

we do the same on our cars but its a bit more complicated bc no production cars in US have mpi manifolds that bolt up to our heads / computer problems, etc... so u gotta get a standalone and a modded australian intake manifold or a custom one

but even without that, on the stock 2 fuel injectors people have seen 300whp(i think)

Dracc
09-16-2007, 06:37 PM
i wanted one.. but Hasan's... well turned me away

Stormhammer
09-17-2007, 12:27 AM
^^ his would turn anyone's away with how ghetto rigged it is :lmao: EP3sAreFun is the creme-de-le-creme of what you want out of a TBI Starion

EP3sAreFun
09-17-2007, 10:20 PM
^^ his would turn anyone's away with how ghetto rigged it is :lmao: EP3sAreFun is the creme-de-le-creme of what you want out of a TBI Starion
word. ;)

mike's02ls1
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I may not get it, cause it has been sitting for 10 years, has a fuel cell with no vent tube, runs ok, he cleaned the MAF and now it revs up, as before it didn't. Needs tires, maybe brakes. I think it just may need too much just to get it on the road.

EP3sAreFun
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
thats the problem. its hard to find a GOOD RUNNING starion to go with from there. most of the time you buy them when they are an inch from the scrap yard and have to build it back up. Which is why a good running quest can go for 3500 or more.

Stormhammer
09-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Its safe to assume that the car is in Flowery Branch? If it is, either me or EP3sAreFun ( I'm more available ) can garner a quick look see to give an idea of what you are in for. and Kyle, thats not ALWAYS true - my palermo ran peachy when I redid the headgasket. Except I never knew how much play that turbo had ( jonboy called me up when he got it and was like OMG HOW THE HELL DID YOU DRIVE ON THIS THING!!! :lmao: )

It's hard to say that it will need to get it on the road. If it doesn't leak anything, and passes emissions and doesn't throw any error codes, you might be good to go. Does the car drive at all?

OneSlow5pt0
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
is their a difference between starion and conquest?or is it just names

Tinton
09-18-2007, 12:34 PM
I got to drive a...'87 Conquest turbo I think it was, 5-speed, over in Gwinnett. It was at a car dealer. Fun car, but I only got it about a mile before the car totally died on me, like I was still in gear rolling and it just ran out of power to run the sparkplugs. So the alternator died right there on me. I had to call the dealership and get them to come out and get me and the car. We ended up being able to start it with a jumper box thing, but then less than a mile back to the dealer it ran out of gas. It was a pretty cool car, and I'm used to 80's cars and having to work on them, but there is no way that car would stay on the road for more than a couple days at a time.

Stormhammer
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
is their a difference between starion and conquest?or is it just names

minor differences. Take both of them as white cars. A Starion would have a black front grill, a black rear bumper, and the hatch would say TURBO at the top ( etched in ) - whereas a Conquest has a solid color grill and bumper. No TURBO in the hatch glass. Also, a Starion has red diamond star and Mitsubishi on the left of the hatch, and Starion on the right side, a Conquest has CONQUEST across the rear and TSI fender markings. Also, at least on the A frame styled steering wheels, they will either say Starion or Conquest. And the tail-lights are slightly different ( Conquest is more striped and Starion is more boxed/checkered patterned in the lense ) - but they're identical in every other respect save for names and some minor cosmetic differences

Stormhammer
09-18-2007, 03:54 PM
I got to drive a...'87 Conquest turbo I think it was, 5-speed, over in Gwinnett. It was at a car dealer. Fun car, but I only got it about a mile before the car totally died on me, like I was still in gear rolling and it just ran out of power to run the sparkplugs. So the alternator died right there on me. I had to call the dealership and get them to come out and get me and the car. We ended up being able to start it with a jumper box thing, but then less than a mile back to the dealer it ran out of gas. It was a pretty cool car, and I'm used to 80's cars and having to work on them, but there is no way that car would stay on the road for more than a couple days at a time.

that worries me that as a dealer they didn't really test anything to see about the alternator condition, and from there, to make sure there was gas in the thing :lmao:

OneSlow5pt0
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
minor differences. Take both of them as white cars. A Starion would have a black front grill, a black rear bumper, and the hatch would say TURBO at the top ( etched in ) - whereas a Conquest has a solid color grill and bumper. No TURBO in the hatch glass. Also, a Starion has red diamond star and Mitsubishi on the left of the hatch, and Starion on the right side, a Conquest has CONQUEST across the rear and TSI fender markings. Also, at least on the A frame styled steering wheels, they will either say Starion or Conquest. And the tail-lights are slightly different ( Conquest is more striped and Starion is more boxed/checkered patterned in the lense )

o,ok snazy

u like starions more?

Stormhammer
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
o,ok snazy

u like starions more?

they're the same to me. But its cool to hvae TURBO at the top of the hatch glass. and I do like the taillights over the Conquest ones - but in the end, they're the same car to me, and you can make one look like the other in like, 30 minutes time

mike's02ls1
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Its safe to assume that the car is in Flowery Branch? If it is, either me or EP3sAreFun ( I'm more available ) can garner a quick look see to give an idea of what you are in for. and Kyle, thats not ALWAYS true - my palermo ran peachy when I redid the headgasket. Except I never knew how much play that turbo had ( jonboy called me up when he got it and was like OMG HOW THE HELL DID YOU DRIVE ON THIS THING!!! :lmao: )

It's hard to say that it will need to get it on the road. If it doesn't leak anything, and passes emissions and doesn't throw any error codes, you might be good to go. Does the car drive at all?
The car is in Convinton...

Stormhammer
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
hm, thats about 20-30 minutes away from pure_insanity - if you want maybe monday or tuesday he and I can go check it out with you?

EP3sAreFun
09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
o,ok snazy

u like starions more?
i like having mitsu emblems on my stuff more :)