PDA

View Full Version : Need a lil MR2 Help

AlanŽ
09-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe buying a Gen II Mr2 here in the near future any good forums that can tell me what to expect out of the turbo motors stock wise how they hold up what can be done safely to them. the car that i am getting is a na to turbo swap so trying to figure out what the risks are things along those line looked at mr2oc and mr2 not really helping though

Spektrewing386
09-16-2007, 12:34 AM
http://www.mr2.com/vba_cmps.php
a lot of atlanta people there.
the main guy "Ncturnal" has a shop called Tora that specializes in MR2s in Atlanta, he says hes moving the shop to someplace, hasnt said where.

you can boost them on the stock turbo/stock fuel to 12-15psi safely. on mr2oc or mr2board or google do a seach for "mr2 power primer". it tells the steps to get the power you want.

a basic setup to 280whp would be:
ct27 turbo from ATS Racing
fuel upgrades
exhaust
boost controller
better side mount intercooler
above the 280-300whp mark it gets pricey

AlanŽ
09-16-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.mr2.com/vba_cmps.php
a lot of atlanta people there.
the main guy "Ncturnal" has a shop called Tora that specializes in MR2s in Atlanta, he says hes moving the shop to someplace, hasnt said where.

you can boost them on the stock turbo/stock fuel to 12-15psi safely. on mr2oc or mr2board or google do a seach for "mr2 power primer". it tells the steps to get the power you want.

a basic setup to 280whp would be:
ct27 turbo from ATS Racing
fuel upgrades
exhaust
boost controller
better side mount intercooler
above the 280-300whp mark it gets pricey
thank you :goodjob: +whatever for you

Sport1.3
09-17-2007, 09:17 AM
MR2OC.com FTW!

Spektrewing386
09-17-2007, 01:10 PM
mr2board FTW

92mr2T
09-20-2007, 07:23 AM
remove the CT27 from the list and get a garret t3/t4 50 trim or mitsubishi 20g or if you have money burn get a gt30 or gt35.

justwongit
09-26-2007, 01:15 PM
mr2board.com ftmfw

anyways mr2oc.com is a bunch of pricks online and bashing on you for not knowing something that you just want to know the answer.

Sport1.3
09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
mr2board.com ftmfw

anyways mr2oc.com is a bunch of pricks online and bashing on you for not knowing something that you just want to know the answer.

:thinking: who exactly did you talk to on OC? the MKI/MKIII guys are the most mature and helpful crowd i've ever come to find on the internetz......i cant say the same for the MKII guys, but thats pretty common for them to be worthless trash to someone online on any forum...half the owners are trash themselves and are about as car savy as their retarded body kitted, hacked engine swapped, bench style wing rockin, poorly mistreated excuse for an MR2. i actually left Board for OC because the MKI crowd was basically worthless. to each his own i guess

TIGERJC
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
WONG SELL ME THE GODDAMN TRANNY

If you are buying na-turbo swap car, make sure the car has a turbo fuel pump and I can not stress this enough. Ppl get lazy and sometimes they dont swap out the fuel pumps. I honestly wouldn't buy anything except for a 93 turbo and up mr2, just b/c you get so much more.

Also ditch the gen2 and get a gen3. My next mr2 will have a gen3 for sure

I never had a problem with mr2oc and most sellers there are honest from my personal experience (I spent over 3k over there with no real problem). But on mr2board 2 out of the 3 transactions I got screwed on or about to be. Both sites are great, but I spend most of my time on mr2oc

If YOU'RE BUYING TANK'S MR2, get that thing checked out (just b/c how hard he drives his cars)