PDA

View Full Version : P72 OBD1 vs. P75 OBD1

rude_lude911
09-14-2007, 05:45 PM
I have a huge question to ask. A friend of mine has a 00' Integra 4dr GSR. And he has B20Vtec setup with a GSR head and aftermaket everything just about. And he's wondering why in the hell does his P72 make his car suck compared to the P75 which sounds like it unleashes all his torque.

xbn83
09-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Are they stock ECU? P72 is GSR, P75 is LS/GS, why use non VTEC ecu on VTEC engine unless it is chipped? I know I did not answer your question, but I just wonder that is all.

allmotoronly
09-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I have a huge question to ask. A friend of mine has a 00' Integra 4dr GSR. And he has B20Vtec setup with a GSR head and aftermaket everything just about. And he's wondering why in the hell does his P72 make his car suck compared to the P75 which sounds like it unleashes all his torque.

lolololol what does torque sound like? :lmfao: do you mean P73? P75 is non-VTEC... If the P72 is stock, and the P75 is chipped (which it has to be if he has functional VTEC) then of course the P75 will probably run better due to modified ignition and fuel maps.

scttydb411
09-15-2007, 02:41 AM
if both ecu are stock it's probably because the fuel and timing are not ideal using the p72 and when vtec kicks in it bogs down. the p75 isn't ideal either since it's not vtec and will only pull so much.

if he is using a gsr head then the p72 would be the closer match, but the displacement and timing would still need to be tuned.

the best thing to do is get the ecu socketed/chipped and have it tuned. i can take care of that for you. feel free to call me or shoot me a pm.