PDA

View Full Version : Decent Paying Jobs In the McDonough Area?

Ericp
09-13-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm in need of a job and would like to find one soon. I've been to several places looking in my area looking, with no luck. I'd like to make atleast $10 an hour, so if anyone knows somewhere hiring at the moment, please let me know. Thanks :goodjob:

The BUCKY
09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
get a serving job.

BABY J
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Pep Boys Distribution, Nestle, etc

JDM onlyy
09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Pep Boys Distribution, Nestle, etc

I know the Pep Boys Distribution is hiring because they got a big ass sign...how much do they pay though?

BABY J
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
more than what you are looking for in your post.

Firefightin_tC
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Be a Henry Co. Deputy! Oink-oink!

JDM onlyy
09-15-2007, 12:49 AM
more than what you are looking for in your post.

I think I might go apply there then... :D

bluuuurr
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
There are a million warehouses in McDonough.. If they are all anything like Summit where I work, then they are always hiring/firing.. lol plus I think we start people at 10.35 an hour.

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Get a CDL. Job security anywhere. And much, much more than $10. Later, QD.

JDM onlyy
09-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Get a CDL. Job security anywhere. And much, much more than $10. Later, QD.

Wish I could but my license is already like screwed over..I'm trying to get as much cleared off it as I can...

But yeah, there are a lot of warehouses in McDonough I never thought about trying down there. I might do that whenever I can..

quickdodgeŽ
09-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Wish I could but my license is already like screwed over..I'm trying to get as much cleared off it as I can...

Well don't rule it out. Lolol. Money from that is nice. Later, QD.

JDM onlyy
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Well don't rule it out. Lolol. Money from that is nice. Later, QD.

Oh if I can, I most definitely will, something I can fall back on at least. My dad has a CDL, and drives his own tractor...So I know they can bring in the paper... :D

BABY J
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM
TRUE STORY:

My brother was an electrical engineer at GA Power. Suit and tie everyday... only w/ polished black boots (that never got dirty) and a hardhat and clipboard if you follow me. Circa $101k annually. Calls me up one day -

DERRICK: Sup pimpin'?
BABYJ: Shiii, nadda - u tell me.
DERRICK: You home?
BABYJ: Yeah
DERRICK: Come outside

I go outside - big rig, (http://www.crengland.com/) he jumps out. Mind you... I lived in Colorado Springs at the time. I was the only person in my family that moved away from ATL, and have lived in other countries, etc.

BABYJ: WHAT. THE. FUCK.
DERRICK: I did it man... I am over the road. I have been doing it for a while, but didn't wanna show up w/ a co-driver. Wanted to wait till they cut me lose by myself.
BABYJ: Damn!

--> long story short. We talk... he tells me that he sees what I mean about seeing the country/world, and how there are MUCH better places to live/see/work than ATL.

BABYJ: See, I told you. ATL is the shit - but damn, SEE THE WORLD MAN!!!
DERRICK: I get it man... BEAUTIFUL country out there. I thought I would be "missing" something if I ever left ATL - but everytime I come home, people are up to the same old shit. LOL

He cleared 60k. Had a 1BR apt kept up for when he was home, and kept his (MY) EG hatch in storage. Mades 60k a year w/ NO WHERE to spend it - so it stacked and stacked.

What the fuck are you REALLY missing by not making those career moves and choices that you want to make?

He only did it for a year and a 1/2, but it was the best experience of his life. Just like when I shocked the world (my family) and went to the Air Force for 7.5 years.

SHOCK THE WORLD MAN!!! MAKE A MOVE!!! THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JUST "BEING ALIVE" AND "LIVING". Shit, roaches are "alive" - what kinda life is that?

I remem how happy QD was when he got his license... I was happy for him too. It doesn't have to be trucking, but seriously man... make a move. Turn your life into what you want it to be. If I die tomorrow, guess what - I've seen the WORLD - been to places that I can't even spell... I love it.

/rant

quickdodgeŽ
09-20-2007, 11:01 AM
BABYJ: See, I told you. ATL is the shit - but damn, SEE THE WORLD MAN!!!
DERRICK: I get it man... BEAUTIFUL country out there. I thought I would be "missing" something if I ever left ATL - but everytime I come home, people are up to the same old shit. LOL

That's what's up. Those pics I posted up don't even count for one-half percent of what I could have taken had I stayed on the road. What's funny is that when people "make fun" of my chosen profession on here. Well, when this "white trash redneck, no shower taking" dude gets his check in the mail and sees that he has only worked about 3-4 hours a day 6 days a week and his bank is $1,000 richer at the end of the week, he can have the last laugh. And I'm home EVERY NIGHT. Damn, homes. Lolol. Later, QD.

BABY J
09-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Trust - I have driven all over the country when I was in the AF - when you do it a lot, it takes your brain to another level too - You just "figure shit out" that you never would have had the time to figure out otherwise - hard to explain what I mean, but I swear - driving across 70w in Kansas I have figured out more shit out there in the middle of nowhere than I did sitting in class in college. Weird profession - driving (a lot) really gets your brain juices flowing in a weird kinda way.