PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Trading in the Yaris?

Ran
09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
I love my car, very much so. Still, having just moved into an apartment, I think I'd rather get out from under the payments if at all possible to help make life a lot easier. I'm considering trading it for a Honda Del Sol since I've always loved the little cars. I think that since they usually don't go for much, I can possibly do away with my payments for the most part. I've already contacted Ron's Auto Sales about it.

Any advice or opinions on the matter?

Jecht
09-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I like your Yaris. It is a very unique car to modify (at least in the U.S.). Del Sol, not very original at all. Do you drive people around? I like them but I wouldn't buy a Del Sol because of the lack of a back seat.

Ran
09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I like your Yaris. It is a very unique car to modify (at least in the U.S.). Del Sol, not very original at all. Do you drive people around? I like them but I wouldn't buy a Del Sol because of the lack of a back seat.Oh, I love my Yaris and it's uniqueness. Hell, I think I'm the only on IA. :D Still, it's not about uniqueness. For the most part, it's about money. I understand that the Del Sol isn't very uncommon but I find them unique in their design. I figured that since the Del Sol commonly goes for less than $2K for a 93, I could get a decent one and get out from under my payments. If not completely, then they could be done away with quickly and efficiently. :goodjob:

silver
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I love my car, very much so. Still, having just moved into an apartment, I think I'd rather get out from under the payments if at all possible to help make life a lot easier. I'm considering trading it for a Honda Del Sol since I've always loved the little cars. I think that since they usually don't go for much, I can possibly do away with my payments for the most part. I've already contacted Ron's Auto Sales about it.

hey were you on Piedmont Road this morning about 8:15 over by Shaw Road???

NoPainT
09-13-2007, 09:53 AM
I just don't like Ron's auto...

Nemesis
09-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Do you have a bumper to bumper warranty on your car currently? That alone would make me want to keep it. Anything goes wrong if it ever does you're fine, older cars suck man, trust me.

Ran
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Do you have a bumper to bumper warranty on your car currently? That alone would make me want to keep it. Anything goes wrong if it ever does you're fine, older cars suck man, trust me.My car's warranty expires at 36000 miles. I just passed 35000 so it doesn't really matter.

hey were you on Piedmont Road this morning about 8:15 over by Shaw Road???Yeah, I was on my way to work.

I just don't like Ron's auto...Care to elaborate?

Jecht
09-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Oh, I love my Yaris and it's uniqueness. Hell, I think I'm the only on IA. :D Still, it's not about uniqueness. For the most part, it's about money. I understand that the Del Sol isn't very uncommon but I find them unique in their design. I figured that since the Del Sol commonly goes for less than $2K for a 93, I could get a decent one and get out from under my payments. If not completely, then they could be done away with quickly and efficiently. :goodjob:

True. I like Del sols a lot, but I have to drive a lot of people around so I at least need a back seat.

You could use all that extra money from selling your car for other things, like modding whatever car you get or just putting it in your savings.

Oh and Frank says that you want to buy everything. lirl

Dirty Octopus™
09-13-2007, 10:15 AM
i love del sols :ninja:
but then a gain...
i love new cars...

i guess what would make me like the idea of a del sol more is the lack of payments thing.
having no payments is soooo rewarding. i hate to say it but i think it beats any dealers 2 year warranty :dunno:

and im a LOVER of warranties :yes:

as far as the seating issue is concerned...
thats why i got a JEEP :D

Ran
09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
You could use all that extra money from selling your car for other things, like modding whatever car you get or just putting it in your savings.Savings FTW

Oh and Frank says that you want to buy everything. lirlTell that homofag to call me sometime. I miss him and his dented Miater.

Kevykev
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
I might be selling my fiances del sol for her - might!

less that 50k on engine

LOL @ Me for hustling.

Dirty Octopus™
09-13-2007, 10:37 AM
I might be selling my fiances del sol for her - might!

less that 50k on engine

LOL @ Me for hustling.hell nah!!
you got one too Kev?
never woulda thunk it!
thought you were only a Nissan man :D

Jecht
09-13-2007, 10:43 AM
What would you do to a Del Sol? B-Series swap? Or would you keep the D-series? I think a GS-R or a B16 would be a good swap - it would provide more than enough power to get the little car moving very quickly.

I've got to get another car soon. I've gotten to where I can drive my Jetta at it's absolute limit. Even with tuning the suspension setup it is nearly impossible to get it to handle any better. I need something that has more power and better handling, so I'm thinking an Integra would be a good step up.

Ran
09-13-2007, 10:44 AM
What would you do to a Del Sol? B-Series swap? Or would you keep the D-series? I think a GS-R or a B16 would be a good swap - it would provide more than enough power to get the little car moving very quickly.I <3 B16's

Jecht
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I <3 B16's

Oh shi-

VTEC!

Nemesis
09-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I <3 B16's

ok cool, so you're staying within the same power range as the Yaris LOL

Ran
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
ok cool, so you're staying within the same power range as the Yaris LOLI like small, underpowered cars for some reason.

Also, the stock D-Series powered Del Sol comes with 102HP so it's on par with the Yaris in terms of power/weight. The B16A2 makes 160HP and would definitely make the little Del Sol scoot. :goodjob:

Jecht
09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Nate, Frank says he will get around to calling you eventually. He says he has been busy working on his car and being sick. Lirl @ Frank being too lazy to sign on actually post.

OneSlow5pt0
09-13-2007, 12:15 PM
i like del sols......thier the only honda i would have,but thier so heavy for what they are

Ran
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, I talked to Brandon at RAS and it may be tough to swing. Trading in my car is easy. Hell, he even offered me a good deal on the Miata he has. The trouble lies in being able to finance a 1993 Del Sol. I don't know what options I have. I guess I could try to sell my Yaris outright and just buy a Del Sol, but I dunno. Any advice?

OneSlow5pt0
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Well, I talked to Brandon at RAS and it may be tough to swing. Trading in my car is easy. Hell, he even offered me a good deal on the Miata he has. The trouble lies in being able to finance a 1993 Del Sol. I don't know what options I have. I guess I could try to sell my Yaris outright and just buy a Del Sol, but I dunno. Any advice?

u talking bout the blue miata with tan top?

FlyingStroke240
09-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Sell the yaris. do not finance the del sol. Financing sucks. just my .2cents

see ya 240love.

Kevykev
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM

The bank will need some form of collateral. You'll probably be better off just getting a personal loan.

Financing on a car over 15 years only is difficult/impossible.

Maniaç
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
About time, good luck. lol.

Ran
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
u talking bout the blue miata with tan top?Yeah, but there are two problems with that.

A) Tan Interior FTL
B) Even after trading in the Yaris, my payments would go from $344 a month for the next 3.5 years, to $200-$250 for the next 5. Not really worth it IMO.

Financing on a car over 15 years only is difficult/impossible.Anyone who finances a car for more than 60 months is a fool.

About time, good luck. lol.What's that supposed to mean? lol

Jecht
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Okay, sorry if I'm not knowledgeable about this subject, but what exactly do you gain from trading in your Yaris? Are you paid for the car or what?

Ran
09-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Okay, sorry if I'm not knowledgeable about this subject, but what exactly do you gain from trading in your Yaris? Are you paid for the car or what?The Yaris is financed right now. I make monthly payments of a little under $350. If I sell/trade it, I can get out from making payments and free up some cash. :goodjob:

Kevykev
09-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, but there are two problems with that.

A) Tan Interior FTL
B) Even after trading in the Yaris, my payments would go from $344 a month for the next 3.5 years, to $200-$250 for the next 5. Not really worth it IMO.

Anyone who finances a car for more than 60 months is a fool.

What's that supposed to mean? lol

HAhahaha

I meant over 15 years old

LOLOLOL 180month financing - we would all own serious cars.

sprix!
09-13-2007, 02:39 PM
I recently got a del Sol and I love it. Of course, it is not my only car though. I don't think that driving other people around or rather not being able to do it would be a huge factor for whether or not I buy a car. But... if you are used to hauling people and stuff around, I would not. It is very roomy for one or two, and the trunk is very large. The trunk in my sol is more functional than the trunk in my S2000.
I would advise you against financing a car that old though. Chances are that any Honda will be at least slightly overpriced, and after you factor in financing charges on a car that old, you might pay twice as much for it.

Ran
09-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I would advise you against financing a car that old though. Chances are that any Honda will be at least slightly overpriced, and after you factor in financing charges on a car that old, you might pay twice as much for it.Yeah, I've thought about that as well. Still, getting away from a $350mn. payment would be nice..

Brandon C
09-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I just don't like Ron's auto...

This is a Pandora's Box Question But Why of Why?

oh and Ran as Far as trading yopur Yaris HAve you thoght about Refinancing the Current vehicle you are in to lower your payments. I can help you with that as well. I just Did and was stoked to get a free month without my carpayment and lower my payments with the same term I was under.Just a thought

Ran
09-13-2007, 04:40 PM
^ Not a bad idea and definitely something to consider. Thanks!

Kevykev
09-13-2007, 05:03 PM
hell nah!!
you got one too Kev?
never woulda thunk it!
thought you were only a Nissan man :D

when it was first done.

Brandon C
09-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Clean Sol

osnap
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
The B16A2 makes 160HP and would definitely make the little Del Sol scoot. :goodjob:

Come take a ride with me sometime. :D Keep in mind though, the EG2 (del Sol VTEC) actually has a B16A3. First B-series motor in the states. EG2s are also pretty difficult to find, though... and the del Sol S is a good bit lighter (though if you get an S, pleeeease get rear discs. lol)

but anyways just lmk if you have any questions at all.

EM1toEVO
09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Hey Ran, so you're getting rid of your yaris? The payments that bad? I have to admit that it impressed me with its abilities on that mtn run. All it needs are some brakes that can handle the stress.

Joelow30071
09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I like your Yaris. It is a very unique car to modify (at least in the U.S.). Del Sol, not very original at all. Do you drive people around? I like them but I wouldn't buy a Del Sol because of the lack of a back seat. Why are you putting your money into modifing a Yaris? It won't even get a second look from people. :goodjob:

osnap
09-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Why are you putting your money into modifing a Yaris? It won't even get a second look from people. :goodjob: i respectfully disagree. i think part of the whole appeal to him is the fact that you dont see hundreds of em out there.

silver
09-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I was on my way to work.

Lol I saw you again today sitting at Canton, I turned right in front of you.. I swear I'm not stalking you, your car kinda stands out and I noticed the IA sticker on it yesterday.. Your car looks good :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
09-14-2007, 08:32 AM

the only problem would be size but u lived with a miata so...

mocha latte cupcake
09-14-2007, 08:46 AM
dude why are you gettin rid of rini! who will lucy play with now? i would like to say that for all that honda pride you'll be spinning you know you can get Sr20DET se-r for way cheaper and blow the doors off of it. but i can understand how the targa takes over you're opinion lol. i mean i've got a 240 i've got my eye on right now, but yeah man targa ftw! sigh. keep rini amy san! i don't want to see her go.

an0therh22
09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
hell nah!!
you got one too Kev?
never woulda thunk it!
thought you were only a Nissan man :DHAHA love your dictionary DO. +1

Ran
09-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Why are you putting your money into modifing a Yaris? It won't even get a second look from people. :goodjob:You're sorely mistaken. Most people don't even know what the car is, and I love getting the "What kind of car is that? It's cool as sh*t" comments. I get them daily and even more-so when filling up at the gas station. The car is an attention whore and I love it. Is it fast? No. Is it the best looking car out there? No. It is, however, a unique car that I don't see many other people tuning and it's fun as all hell to drive. Besides, there aren't many other people on here that can claim their car is the only one of it's kind on the forums. :D

The only, and I mean the ONLY, reason I considered trading it in is to get out from under the payments. I may just refinance it like Brandon suggested. I just hope it won't make a bad mark on my credit.

Lol I saw you again today sitting at Canton, I turned right in front of you.. I swear I'm not stalking you, your car kinda stands out and I noticed the IA sticker on it yesterday.. Your car looks good :goodjob:What are you driving? I'll keep an eye out next time.

the only problem would be size but u lived with a miata so...I love little cars man. I don't know why, but I always have. Yaris, Del Sol, CRX, Miata, ect... Same thing with pets and girls.

Brandon C
09-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Refinancing will only help your credit. Call me tommorow I can give you a bank's Number that can help you out.

silver
09-19-2007, 09:24 AM
What are you driving? I'll keep an eye out next time.

A black scion tC

Ran
09-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I'll keep my eyes open. :)