PDA

View Full Version : Misc American Idol Judges- "We Want Britney!"

Kelly
09-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Wowzers...

I know you guys hate Britney but let's face it, her career is not over. She still has a huge fan base (including me). Anyone who can do some of the crazy things she did and still have a fan base, well... She's not done.

I dunno how I feel about Simon, Randy & Paula helping her out.

LINK- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296287,00.html

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Anyone who can do some of the crazy things she did and still have a fan base, well... She's not done.

She may have a fan base, but you have to question the integrity and morals of the people that still follow her. If someone is a fan of her, then they probably have a few issues of their own. Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
I guess, being a Christian, I try to look past her failures and think that maybe, just maybe she can come out of this. And I already like her new song.

You like Old Skool rap, I like Britney... Different strokes for different folks :dunno:

Kyle
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I guess, being a Christian, I try to look past her failures and think that maybe, just maybe she can come out of this. And I already like her new song.

You like Old Skool rap, I like Britney... Different strokes for different folks :dunno:
Here we go again.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm just sayin...

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Here we go again.

I could down that same path, Kyle. When it makes a "Christian" look good, they're all up for it, but as soon as it doesn't...............Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 10:21 AM

What does rap have to do with this? I'm saying the overall character of Britney fans isn't one to marvel and gawk at. Except in ridicule. Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Right, but if I would've judged her and said she's nothing but white trash, etc...

Someone would've said "I thought you were a Christian, you're not suppose to judge" right? Hmmmm :rolleyes:

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Right, but if I would've judged her and said she's nothing but white trash, etc...

Someone would've said "I thought you were a Christian, you're not suppose to judge" right? Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Exactly my point in post #6. Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
What does rap have to do with this? I'm saying the overall character of Britney fans isn't one to marvel and gawk at. Except in ridicule. Later, QD.

When I "marvel" about Britney, I don't think of bald Britney...
I think of hardcore Britney
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee107/lauren_pinks2/Britney%20Spears/1-2.jpg

Yeah, she has issues... I'll agree. I'm just sayin I think she can pull thru.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Exactly my point in post #6. Later, QD.

So either way I'm screwed.

Can't please all of you :dunno:

Kyle
09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
I could down that same path, Kyle. When it makes a "Christian" look good, they're all up for it, but as soon as it doesn't...............Later, QD.
Haha. I dont like it when people say "well thats the christian thing to do", etc.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Haha. I dont like it when people say "well thats the christian thing to do", etc.
Why? Explain...

I'm seriously trying to be more open minded so help me out...

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 10:32 AM
So either way I'm screwed.

Can't please all of you :dunno:

I'm not trying to derail the topic, but am I not right(post #6)? Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Yes, sometimes it that seems to be the case.

But I try to live by my own convictions...

Kyle
09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Why? Explain...

I'm seriously trying to be more open minded so help me out...
I think its stupid to justify your actions saying they are the "Christian" thing to do. I just do things because they are the right things to do, if they happen to be the Christian thing to do as well, great.

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 10:48 AM
I think its stupid to justify your actions saying they are the "Christian" thing to do. I just do things because they are the right things to do, if they happen to be the Christian thing to do as well, great.

Same here. I live by my sense of morals and values that were taught me by my Mom and grandparents. If they so happen to fall along some of the guidelines of Chrisitandom, then so be it. Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:50 AM

Well to me Christian=Right.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Same here. I live by my sense of morals and values that were taught me by my Mom and grandparents. If they so happen to fall along some of the guidelines of Chrisitandom, then so be it. Later, QD.

Again, my "sense of morals" from my parents/grandparents came from Christianity...

"WWJD"

Kyle
09-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Well to me Christian=Right.
Okay so you make no personal moral decisions. You have no basis of what is right/wrong, you base everything on the bible. That sounds incredibly mindless.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I think Jesus came to earth back in the day to show us how to live.

He was "supposedly" nice, not judgemental, etc... That's how I want live.

Christ-like.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Because even if their was no heaven/hell, I still think Christianity is the best way to live- morally.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 11:06 AM
It can be super complex or very simple.

The 10 commandments pretty much spell it out...
ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I think Jesus came to earth back in the day to show us how to live.

He was "supposedly" nice, not judgemental, etc... That's how I want live.

Christ-like.

I don't see what's wrong with that.

Because even if their was no heaven/hell, I still think Christianity is the best way to live- morally.

It doesn't take Christianity for me to know what's right and wrong. It doesn't take Christianity for me to live morally. Neither G nor JC nor Peter, Paul and Mary taught me to not hit females or to not rob or not kill. Later, QD.

Kelly
09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
It doesn't take Christianity for me to know what's right and wrong. It doesn't take Christianity for me to live morally. Neither G nor JC nor Peter, Paul and Mary taught me to not hit females or to not rob or not kill. Later, QD.

I didn't say that was the only way you would know not to do "bad" things. At all.

So much for the american idol judges wanting to change britney's life! LOL.

YoTa_BoX
09-13-2007, 11:40 AM

whats the difference from Being taught by your grandparents or your mother or anyone for that matter. in Christianity God is the heavenly father over every one and he sent his son to teach us morals and values of life. we dont just pop out knowing not to hit a woman we learn these things through influential ppl and as a Christian their influential person is jesus. yes you say it doesnt take christianity for you to live morally and all that other stuff but like you said in the post above you were influenced by some one to be that way.

P.s sorry for the Long run on mess wall of text i just made but im tired and am at work so feel like being lazy :P

quickdodgeŽ
09-13-2007, 12:17 PM
whats the difference from Being taught by your grandparents or your mother or anyone for that matter. in Christianity God is the heavenly father over every one and he sent his son to teach us morals and values of life. we dont just pop out knowing not to hit a woman we learn these things through influential ppl and as a Christian their influential person is jesus. yes you say it doesnt take christianity for you to live morally and all that other stuff but like you said in the post above you were influenced by some one to be that way.

P.s sorry for the Long run on mess wall of text i just made but im tired and am at work so feel like being lazy :P

Seems you completely missed the point of my post. Even though you you posted it in there. Later, QD.

gtikid
09-13-2007, 02:20 PM

Exactly :goodjob:

Doing the right thing is doing the right thing, nothing more to it...

YoTa_BoX
09-13-2007, 02:58 PM
the point i was trying to get across was when you and kyle both agreed on thinking its stupid to justify your actions saying its the Christian thing to do. even you said you were taught better by your mother and grandparents, im sure if there was a situation came around and you remembered some value or moral that your mom thaught you, you would say My mom taught me better than that. Now isn't that the same thing as her saying its the Christian thing to do.

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2007, 08:06 AM
the point i was trying to get across was when you and kyle both agreed on thinking its stupid to justify your actions saying its the Christian thing to do. even you said you were taught better by your mother and grandparents, im sure if there was a situation came around and you remembered some value or moral that your mom thaught you, you would say My mom taught me better than that. Now isn't that the same thing as her saying its the Christian thing to do.

First off, I never said they taught me better than the Bible. And no it isn't the same thing as saying it's the Christian thing, because she didn't teach me proper ethics from the Bible. We never discussed religion. And we certainly never said to do something this way or that because "it's the Christian thing to do." We did it because it was the right thing to do. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
I will give brit more dick, holla

Kyle
09-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Your parents may teach you initial values, but once you grow up you can make your own moral decisions, you don't have to rethink everything you have been taught. It's called thinking independently. :goodjob:

YoTa_BoX
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
lol to QD that came across wrong sorry i ment taught better about life how to act and stuff not taught better than the bible lol as in you know better than to do something stupide like hit a girl. sorry for that misunderstanding :P and to kyle im just saying the core values and morals you learned from you parents, i totally agree on being an indepnedent thinker i think god wants us to be that way thats just my thoughts as a christian. i mean hell why give us a brain he didnt put that pile of Mush up there for nothing lol. you learned the core vaules in life from your parents or who ever taught you. so you know that from them. Just because Kelly or any other christian says its the christian thing to do does not mean she is some mindless drone she is just stating from her core values she learned in the bible. now on the other hand if she really is a mindless drone then shit ...... im just yackin for nothing :P lol

quickdodgeŽ
09-14-2007, 11:14 AM
now on the other hand if she really is a mindless drone then shit ...... im just yackin for nothing :P lol

Lolol. Later, QD.

YoTa_BoX
09-14-2007, 11:30 AM
oh and i understand QD that you didnt hear the Bible belt beat Song from your parents like i did lol but im just stating It does not matter where you learned it at all. what matters is if you stick to them. christians and non christians who stick to there moral valuse taught in life are no diff is what im trying to say. sure on the christian side we spout out more openly about where we learned our vaules from but learning from your Father or your Heavenly Father is no diff. :P