PDA

View Full Version : Misc Does anyone go to the gym?

Cliff
07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
I dunno just bored and thought i'd see what stuff works best for everyone...

right now i am working on Biceps, Triceps and Pec's and so far the best stuff i have found is Crazy 8's for the Biceps and for the other stuff just doin the usual pectoral flies and dips and all that good stuff...anyways if you have any suggestions on good excercizes to build anything post it up for myself and all the other gym goin folks

ironchef
07-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Whats crazy 8's? I find that pyramid benches work well for tone/endurance. what that is you start with a bench bar and 5 5pound weights on each side, do 5 reps. Then take off 2 of the 5's, so you have 4 then do 5 reps again, and repeat. Until you have 0 weight on there, then you do 10 reps, then after that start adding the weight back. But you must do this continuously without stopping, so it helps to have 2 assistants.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:08 AM
we used to do that back in weight training and yea it's crazy how quick you burn out on such little weight doin those...

and crazy 8's are where you do 8 reps of half curls up to mid chest level, then do 8 reps from mid chest up, then do 8 reps of full curls....the 2nd set is the hardest because you have to control where you stop the bar...it's best to do it with about 50lbs

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 12:13 AM
I go 3-4 times per week usually, I'm pretty well aware what works for me by instinct anymore. For my chest and arm work I like to stick to dumbells as much as possible instead of a bar to keep equal development on each side. I noticed a few years ago I had a habit of using my right side more than my left.

How often do you go and what are you trying to do exactly?

ironchef
07-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Can anyone recommend a good overall body program? Im going to start going again, and my goal is bulk up a little, nothing to big, but the main focus is on getting toned/defined.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:17 AM
ehhh we used to go almost every night of the week around 11-12 then come back and drink a protein shake and then occasionally go for a swim but now we only go 3-4 times a week at most due to other stuff poppin up and right now i am mainly interested in upper body strength cause i have enough leg muscle to suffice

KGsITR
07-19-2005, 12:20 AM
i signed up. 400 a year. have been one time. i run, but never really want to go to the gym. hmmmmm.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:21 AM
400 a year...forget that lol my buddies whole family bought memberships to gold's and he's the only one who goes so i just use his brothers card

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Can anyone recommend a good overall body program? Im going to start going again, and my goal is bulk up a little, nothing to big, but the main focus is on getting toned/defined.
**Chest**
Incline DB bench presses
Flat bench presses
Dips/or decline presses
Cable Crossovers or Pec Deck flyes (strip set to failure)

**Biceps**
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls
Cable Curls (strip set to failure)

**Triceps**
EZ Bar skull krushers
Machine extentions
Rope pressdowns (strip set to failure)

**Shoulders**
Front DB raises
Side lateral raises
Bent over rear cable raises

**Back**
Lat Pulldowns/or Chins
Cable rows/or Bent over rows if you wanna go with free weights
Shrugs (DB or Barbell)

**Legs**
Squats
Hack Squats
Lying Leg Curls (2 sets)
Seated Leg Curls (2 sets)
Calf Raises
Leg Extensions

**Forearms**
Behind the back wrist curls (overhand grip a barbell hanging down behind your back with some weight one it and curl upwards with your wrists and go for probably 2 sets of 15 reps)
Reverse DB wrist curls (use a flat bench and hang your hand over the edge, arm flat on the bench and with an overhand grip and curl upwards)

**Abs**
Crunch machine (with as much weight as you can handle for 2 sets of 20-25 reps)
Decline sit-ups (medicine ball/DB's/or a plate, whatever you feel most comfortable with)
Ab rotator machine for obliques (not sure what its called exactly but you sit in it and twist side to side for a set then switch it over to the other side)

Thats basically the workout plan I'm on right now minus a couple of things since I dont know how crazy you wanna get with it, my training split is like this:

**Monday**
Chest/Triceps
Ab work

**Tuesday**
Back/Biceps

**Wenesday**
Either off or Ab work

**Thursday**
Legs/shoulders

**Friday**
Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Light Ab work

Hope that helped. :goodjob: :goodjob:

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:38 AM
lol do you have enough info

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
lol do you have enough info
Possibly.... :D :D

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:43 AM
**Triceps**
EZ Bar skull krushers
Machine extentions

???????

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 12:44 AM
**Triceps**
EZ Bar skull krushers
Machine extentions

???????
:confused:

ironchef
07-19-2005, 12:47 AM
**Chest**
Incline DB bench presses
Flat bench presses
Dips/or decline presses
Cable Crossovers or Pec Deck flyes (strip set to failure)

**Biceps**
Barbell Curls
Hammer Curls
Cable Curls (strip set to failure)

**Triceps**
EZ Bar skull krushers
Machine extentions

**Shoulders**
Front DB raises
Side lateral raises
Bent over rear cable raises

**Back**
Lat Pulldowns/or Chins
Cable rows/or Bent over rows if you wanna go with free weights
Shrugs (DB or Barbell)

**Legs**
Squats
Hack Squats
Lying Leg Curls (2 sets)
Seated Leg Curls (2 sets)
Calf Raises
Leg Extensions

Couple of questions, first im assuming DB is dumbbell? Next what do you mean strip set to failure?

And whats:
Cable Crossovers or Pec Deck flyes
Hammer Curls
Cable Curls
EZ Bar skull krushers
Hack Squats

I probably know what those are but maybe by a different name, thats why im not recognizing them.

Also is "Cable rows/or Bent over rows" the one where you have one leg on the ground, one knee on the bench and your torso is parallel to the ground and you pull up the weight with one arm?

But thats alot of good info thanks :D +1 !!

Cliff
07-19-2005, 12:50 AM
what is an EZ bar skull crusher

JITB
07-19-2005, 01:07 AM
i workout at UPS..everyday from 10 - 5....

Cliff
07-19-2005, 01:09 AM
yea well i work out everyday carrying tires around but that doesn't count

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 01:12 AM
Couple of questions, first im assuming DB is dumbbell? Next what do you mean strip set to failure?

Yep, DB is dumbbell. Strip set to failure is basically just like pyramiding except you should only do it at the end of the workout, I'll use the cable Preacher curl as an example. After I'm done with my Back/Bis workout I'll go to the cable preacher bench start with 120-140lbs. then go til I cant curl it again, then strip off about 30 pounds curl til I can't get another rep, strip off another 20-30lbs and so on until I stripped down to about 30-40lbs. Get a pump like you wouldnt believe.

Cable Crossovers or Pec Deck flyes
Hammer Curls
Cable Curls
EZ Bar skull krushers
Hack Squats

Cable Crossover (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/18)
Hammer Curl (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/37)
Cable Curl (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/60) I use a D-Handle attatchment for this though and do one arm at a time.
EZ Bar Skulls (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/35)
Hack Squat (http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/SLHackSquat.html)
Bent over rear laterals (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/10) Can be done either with DB's or the cables, the lower set not the same ones as with Cable crossovers.

Oh and I forgot to add Military Presses for the shoulder workout.
Military Press (http://www.muscleandfitness.com/training/exercises/34)

Cliff
07-19-2005, 01:14 AM
aight i understand about the skull crusher now...my buddies do that all the time but i have never tried...maybe i will next time

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 01:29 AM
the big thing is resistance.
you've received great advice on just about everything u need to do to tone up.
But if u find urself getting lazy and not feeling like driving to the gym. Do some pushups.
I've been doin 100/night (2 sets of 50 w/ 40 seconds in between each set) for about 2 weeks, but a friend of mine has been doin them for almost 2 months and his forearms and his triceps have just exlpoded.
Also a personal trainer might do u some good. I had one during my football days and it worked wonders.

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 01:36 AM
the big thing is resistance.
you've received great advice on just about everything u need to do to tone up.
But if u find urself getting lazy and not feeling like driving to the gym. Do some pushups.
I've been doin 100/night (2 sets of 50 w/ 40 seconds in between each set) for about 2 weeks, but a friend of mine has been doin them for almost 2 months and his forearms and his triceps have just exlpoded.
Also a personal trainer might do u some good. I had one during my football days and it worked wonders.
Good point on the push-ups. :goodjob:

As far as the trainer goes that would be good too but, make sure the person knows what they're talking about. I've heard of and come across some dumbass trainers before. Like one who was telling a guy that for bulking up he should stick to 3 meals a day which is way the fuck off haha. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that 6-8 smaller meals is the number.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 01:40 AM
i usually only eat maybe 2 meals a day and 2 Body For Life protein shakes....and neither are really big meals....and the other day i rode my bike 6 miles to burn up a few calories and i have been tryin to force myself to drink water but for the most part i am just doin this all for the heck of it cause i am at an ok weight and have enough muscles to do what i do for a living but this just gives me somthin to work towards

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 01:43 AM
i usually only eat maybe 2 meals a day and 2 Body For Life protein shakes....and neither are really big meals....and the other day i rode my bike 6 miles to burn up a few calories and i have been tryin to force myself to drink water but for the most part i am just doin this all for the heck of it cause i am at an ok weight and have enough muscles to do what i do for a living but this just gives me somthin to work towards
How much protein are you taking in total each day?

Cliff
07-19-2005, 01:52 AM
man if i knew that then i'd actually be paying attention....i just drink a protein shake or two and whatever protein's in my meals

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 02:00 AM
man if i knew that then i'd actually be paying attention....i just drink a protein shake or two and whatever protein's in my meals
Fair enough, but try to shoot for 1-1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight if you're trying to gain some size. :goodjob:

No more than about 70g per hour though, anymore than that will end up being wasted.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 02:02 AM
i wanna get some of that boost tech stuff or whatever it's called that expands your veins and stuff so that more of the proteins can be absorbed.....

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 02:04 AM
i wanna get some of that boost tech stuff or whatever it's called that expands your veins and stuff so that more of the proteins can be absorbed.....
If you're talking about Pump-Tech from Muscle-Tech then skip it, Muscle-Tech products in general are overpriced and way the fuck overrated.

Cliff
07-19-2005, 02:06 AM
that's prolly it and i have a buddy that used to be a chef and a personal trainer and was in the army and said he loved the stuff

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 02:34 AM
that's prolly it and i have a buddy that used to be a chef and a personal trainer and was in the army and said he loved the stuff
I'd still avoid Muscle-Tech products period, they're one of those companies thats more about advertising and sucking people in rather than actually delivering on their claims. The only product they have that I've heard mostly good things about is Thermogain. But if you want something that's gonna do what Pump-Tech claims to to then either go with:

Vitargo-CGL from Nutrex
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=445
or

Swole V2 from Syntrax
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=689
I can say from experience that the Swole V2 works great and Nutrex makes some damn good supplements that work. I'd go for the Vitargo-CGL personally. :goodjob:

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 02:36 AM

expanding veins, dude that sounds dangerous as hell.

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 02:48 AM
expanding veins, dude that sounds dangerous as hell.
He was talking about the Nitric Oxide (not nitrous...) pump that keeps the blood flowing through the veins to deliver to the muscles. Basically keeping the muscles and veins pumped while the supplement flows through and helps to expand the muscle. Mostly used in supps with creatine and dextrose or ALA (Alpha lipolic acid), the dextrose or ALA basically causes an insulin spike in your body to force it to absorb more of the creatine and the NO (Nitric Oxide) pump keeps the veins and muscles expanded for better absorbtion.

SwiftGTiRacer
07-19-2005, 03:06 AM
i got to the gym about 5 days a week. Diet is the most important part of getting a good body. if your wanting to loose some wieght and work on your stomach than start running. Run after your gym workouts, not before. Its good to take a protien shake right after you get out of the gym and take in some carbs also. You needs carbs after the gym. As far as a workout plan, what was listed is a good plan. I wouldn't worry about Muscle Tech or anything like that. The only thing i take is NitroTech Night Time. Its a slow actting form of protien. So when i sleep i'm still kinda getting some nutirents. It takes time and dedication though. Oh, and 2 meals a day is bad. Try and eat 5-6 small meals a day. Good luck.

Swifty

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 03:39 AM
He was talking about the Nitric Oxide (not nitrous...) pump that keeps the blood flowing through the veins to deliver to the muscles. Basically keeping the muscles and veins pumped while the supplement flows through and helps to expand the muscle. Mostly used in supps with creatine and dextrose or ALA (Alpha lipolic acid), the dextrose or ALA basically causes an insulin spike in your body to force it to absorb more of the creatine and the NO (Nitric Oxide) pump keeps the veins and muscles expanded for better absorbtion.

OOOH, thanks for clearin that up, LOL!!

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 03:44 AM
As far supplements like creatin and stuff Is that stuff really safe. I mean I'm 18, so I'm old enough, but still is it safe to take and is it like a certain amt of time u take. Cuz a friend of mine he got a baseball scholarship to GSU, and he used to take creatine and he would use it for 3 weeks then go w/o it for 3 weeks and so on.
I would suppose its safe since a lot of ppl use it and its still on the market.

SwiftGTiRacer
07-19-2005, 04:17 AM
Creatine isn't a big deal. If you take Creatine you need to start drinking a lot of water. Water is what will fuel your Creatine. I'm also taking Creatine right now. Its safe for you to take it. The only time you need to worry about taking supliments is if you start taking phormones or steriods.

Swifty

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Creatine isn't a big deal. If you take Creatine you need to start drinking a lot of water. Water is what will fuel your Creatine. I'm also taking Creatine right now. Its safe for you to take it. The only time you need to worry about taking supliments is if you start taking phormones or steriods.

Swifty

Alright guess I'll be picking up a jar of that from GNC today.

99ITRGIRL
07-19-2005, 09:11 AM
i want to go...

Shawna
07-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I used to does that count?

kilpatty43
07-19-2005, 10:17 AM
i kickbox 6 days a week when im in mville...i run 3-4 times a week

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Alright guess I'll be picking up a jar of that from GNC today.
Make sure whatever kind you get has the Creapure logo on it, near the information part. Creatine is completely safe as long as it's used responsibly, creatine is actually found in the body naturally and in a lot of meats (red meats). I'd actually recommend going with 6 weeks on and 2 off, because initially they say to do your loading phase with the Creatine for the first week to get it into your system. The thing with regular creatine though is that you're gonna need something as a "delivery" system. Theres a few supplements out there that have it all combined in one so you dont have to buy the creatine, dextrose, ALA etc. all seperately. The one I'd stronly recommend is the Vitargo-CGL that I posted a link to earlier. Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM CELL-TECH!! GNC will try their hardest for force that bullshit on you, the thing they don't tell you is a lot of the weight you gain is gonna be fat because Cell-Tech is loaded with sugar, mainly for their advertising purposes. When they make an ad that says something like "Gain 10lbs in 3 weeks!!" or whatever, the part they leave out is that 5 of it is probably fat from all the sugar. Same with the Nitro-Tech, they advertize it as a straight protein powder but they conveniently leave out that they stuck creatine in it too so they can put on their ads that it puts on more pounds than a regular protein. Don't get your supplements from GNC either, their prices are ridiculous, $60-70+tax for something you can order for $30+a few bucks shipping. Check the link I put up earlier and look into the Vitargo-CGL if you wanna go with the creatine. :goodjob:

dwnsthGABOY
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Make sure whatever kind you get has the Creapure logo on it, near the information part. Creatine is completely safe as long as it's used responsibly, creatine is actually found in the body naturally and in a lot of meats (red meats). I'd actually recommend going with 6 weeks on and 2 off, because initially they say to do your loading phase with the Creatine for the first week to get it into your system. The thing with regular creatine though is that you're gonna need something as a "delivery" system. Theres a few supplements out there that have it all combined in one so you dont have to buy the creatine, dextrose, ALA etc. all seperately. The one I'd stronly recommend is the Vitargo-CGL that I posted a link to earlier. Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM CELL-TECH!! GNC will try their hardest for force that bullshit on you, the thing they don't tell you is a lot of the weight you gain is gonna be fat because Cell-Tech is loaded with sugar, mainly for their advertising purposes. When they make an ad that says something like "Gain 10lbs in 3 weeks!!" or whatever, the part they leave out is that 5 of it is probably fat from all the sugar. Same with the Nitro-Tech, they advertize it as a straight protein powder but they conveniently leave out that they stuck creatine in it too so they can put on their ads that it puts on more pounds than a regular protein. Don't get your supplements from GNC either, their prices are ridiculous, $60-70+tax for something you can order for $30+a few bucks shipping. Check the link I put up earlier and look into the Vitargo-CGL if you wanna go with the creatine. :goodjob:

allright thanks man

NEONRACER
07-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Here is my advice to anyone wanting to start going to the gym. You need to make sure that you are 100% committed to this. If you want to make significnt changes in your body you have to change your life. You will have to change your eating habits, your free time will be less because you will have to be in the gym x number of hours a week. This is why so many people get memberships and then stop going after 2 months or so. They don't see the results they want to in a short amount of time. They eat like shit and hten think because they are in the gym they should be able to loose weight. Their routine sucks and they wonder why they still aren't stronger or can't see any definition.

Don't let the marketing of the supplement companies get the best of you. Before you buy anything go out and actually learn what the ingredients in these products actually do to the body. People go out and buy supplements on the premise that they will make me bigger, make me loose weight or make me stronger. How ar ehtese products doing these, should be what you are asking. If you read what's in these supps you will see that most of them are BS or the ingredients can be found elsewhere for much much less. MuscleTech is a prime example of this. Do products like Nitro-Tech or Pump-Tech work, the answer is yes they work effectively. Now are they superior to anything else ont he market, hell no. They are an overpriced supp company that has a very large marketing budget and cater to the 17 year old high school kid who doesn't know any better.

Here is a basic supp list that anyone who lifts should have in there kitchen.

Multivitamin - This is a staple and not an option, you must take one of these after a week or so if you know your body you will feel a difference. I have more energy when taking them, which is the most noticeable.

Protein - You cannot build muscle without this. Drink a shake as soon as you wake up and one right after your workout. Continue to drink 2 shakes on non-workout days as well. If you can afford it take another one mid day.

Fish Oil - This product is great for your heart, helps with my joints and can aid in fat loss. Fish oil has so many benefits you should always be taking it.

There are alot of other supps that work but you should always have your diet in check first. NO2, CEE (creatine ethyl ester), Glutamine, Taurine, energy supps, fat loss supps. If you want to get something a little more advanced pick up some RXT or Superdrol. RXT will be available again real soon. Both of these products require some precautions and are not for anyone under the age of 21 to use.

Set-up your workout routine to include all the muscle groups. Chest and arms are the most over worked areas of the body. Big arms and a big chest are what people equate strength to. Your arms should be trained less than any other body part. People always neglect there back and shoulders. Your legs are your most used muscle group yet they get the least amount of attention. Working your legs can increase you upper body mass by 10%. Since your legs are the largest muscle group the amout of testosterone released while working them is massive.

Your workouts don't have to be hours long either. A proper routine should take from 1-1.25 hours to complete. You are there to stimulate the muscles not train them until you can't move them.

Don't forget about sleep either. Sleep is very important, this the time when your muscles recover and grow. You need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

Here is some advice for the heavy drinkers out there. A night of heavy drinking can destroy your test levels for up to two weeks. Drinking dehydrates your body severely and reduce protein synthesis by 20%. All 3 of these things can hamper your gains severely. Of course if your using gear this won't be as much of a problem.

For anyone wanting to use gear to achieve their goals, research it before you take the plunge. If used properly and the right precautions taken gear can be safe, not 100% but the risk you take is less. Don't abuse it and use it in moderation.

drupason
07-19-2005, 01:59 PM
i just got back from the gym..woot

LaurenK
07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Josh works out at LA Fitness every day (for like 2 hrs. a day), so you'd have to ask him about all that...I walk on the treadmill once a month...LOL.

drupason
07-19-2005, 02:03 PM
^bum

LaurenK
07-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Lol...http://photobucket.com/albums/y23/baby_chica/th_kiss.gif

simplyblurredmrT
07-19-2005, 02:21 PM
This is what alot of dips will give (granted I haven't touched a weight in about 2 years)

And this is what alot of Chips n' Dip will get you! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Here is my advice to anyone wanting to start going to the gym. You need to make sure that you are 100% committed to this. If you want to make significnt changes in your body you have to change your life. You will have to change your eating habits, your free time will be less because you will have to be in the gym x number of hours a week. This is why so many people get memberships and then stop going after 2 months or so. They don't see the results they want to in a short amount of time. They eat like shit and hten think because they are in the gym they should be able to loose weight. Their routine sucks and they wonder why they still aren't stronger or can't see any definition.

Don't let the marketing of the supplement companies get the best of you. Before you buy anything go out and actually learn what the ingredients in these products actually do to the body. People go out and buy supplements on the premise that they will make me bigger, make me loose weight or make me stronger. How ar ehtese products doing these, should be what you are asking. If you read what's in these supps you will see that most of them are BS or the ingredients can be found elsewhere for much much less. MuscleTech is a prime example of this. Do products like Nitro-Tech or Pump-Tech work, the answer is yes they work effectively. Now are they superior to anything else ont he market, hell no. They are an overpriced supp company that has a very large marketing budget and cater to the 17 year old high school kid who doesn't know any better.

Here is a basic supp list that anyone who lifts should have in there kitchen.

Multivitamin - This is a staple and not an option, you must take one of these after a week or so if you know your body you will feel a difference. I have more energy when taking them, which is the most noticeable.

Protein - You cannot build muscle without this. Drink a shake as soon as you wake up and one right after your workout. Continue to drink 2 shakes on non-workout days as well. If you can afford it take another one mid day.

Fish Oil - This product is great for your heart, helps with my joints and can aid in fat loss. Fish oil has so many benefits you should always be taking it.

There are alot of other supps that work but you should always have your diet in check first. NO2, CEE (creatine ethyl ester), Glutamine, Taurine, energy supps, fat loss supps. If you want to get something a little more advanced pick up some RXT or Superdrol. RXT will be available again real soon. Both of these products require some precautions and are not for anyone under the age of 21 to use.

Set-up your workout routine to include all the muscle groups. Chest and arms are the most over worked areas of the body. Big arms and a big chest are what people equate strength to. Your arms should be trained less than any other body part. People always neglect there back and shoulders. Your legs are your most used muscle group yet they get the least amount of attention. Working your legs can increase you upper body mass by 10%. Since your legs are the largest muscle group the amout of testosterone released while working them is massive.

Your workouts don't have to be hours long either. A proper routine should take from 1-1.25 hours to complete. You are there to stimulate the muscles not train them until you can't move them.

Don't forget about sleep either. Sleep is very important, this the time when your muscles recover and grow. You need at least 8 hours of sleep a night.

Here is some advice for the heavy drinkers out there. A night of heavy drinking can destroy your test levels for up to two weeks. Drinking dehydrates your body severely and reduce protein synthesis by 20%. All 3 of these things can hamper your gains severely. Of course if your using gear this won't be as much of a problem.

For anyone wanting to use gear to achieve their goals, research it before you take the plunge. If used properly and the right precautions taken gear can be safe, not 100% but the risk you take is less. Don't abuse it and use it in moderation.

Damn NEON, good post. :goodjob:

110% correct, the lifestyle change is kinda rough at first but when you wake up feeling better each day and start seeing the results it really gets addictive. Glad to see someone else backing me up on the Muscle-Tech stuff, I remember being suckered into that stuff back in HS by their 4 and 6 page ad reports in the magazines. The main part of the committment is in the kitchen, your body ain't gonna respond if you're not fueling it with the right stuff. You dont see any guys with 700+hp Supras putting mud in the tank expecting results or performance, so why basically do the same to your body and expect it to perform. Plus it makes your cheat foods taste so much better when you get around to the cheat day, lol. :goodjob:

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 03:21 PM
Josh works out at LA Fitness every day (for like 2 hrs. a day), so you'd have to ask him about all that...I walk on the treadmill once a month...LOL.

Which one he go to??
BTW, Druapson, what's ur time on ur PAT?:)

LaurenK
07-19-2005, 03:23 PM
He works out at the one on Sugarloaf...every day, usually between 5 & 7 he's there...

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 03:29 PM
He works out at the one on Sugarloaf...every day, usually between 5 & 7 he's there...

I might see him a couple of times. I seldom go to to sugarlof at night.I usually go there in the morning arnd 7-9 and Johns creek at night arnd 8-11.
Sugarloaf gym is way too crowded in the evening.You can't do shit in there.LOL

LaurenK
07-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes, I have heard that from him...A lot of times he will reserve a raquet ball court, and play that with his dad. So, then he doesn't have to wait to do anything. Other times, he will Play B ball if he can get in...It's all luck with that...I don't really know about the machines, he doesn't talk much about that...

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Yes, I have heard that from him...A lot of times he will reserve a raquet ball court, and play that with his dad. So, then he doesn't have to wait to do anything. Other times, he will Play B ball if he can get in...It's all luck with that...I don't really know about the machines, he doesn't talk much about that...

Tell him to go to the one at Johns creek.It's newer and lesser people.I only go to sugarloaf because of one the trainer is hott!!LOL

NEONRACER
07-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I hate the Sugarloaf LA, I switched from that LA to John's creek and then John's creek got full of high school kids standing around. If you want to go to an actual gym and live around the Duluth area check out Brute's gym on PIB. They have very cheap memebrships, very few people at night. They have a couple pros training there as well as some UFC guys. The equipment is the same as LA but they also have some old school equipment which is nice.

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I hate the Sugarloaf LA, I switched from that LA to John's creek and then John's creek got full of high school kids standing around.

LOL true...they don't even work out at all....damn kids!

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
I never go to the gym during the day, I wait til between 9-10pm to go. Less people, I can get in handle my business and get out haha. Plus when you go at that time everybody else in there is pretty serious so no slackers or people standing around. :goodjob:

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
actually the best time to go to the gym or work out is the moment after u wake up.It really will decrease ur weight but nobody is discipline enough to do it especially after a long damn tiring night.

JustinSane110™
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
actually the best time to go to the gym or work out is the moment after u wake up.It really will decrease ur weight but nobody is discipline enough to do it especially after a long damn tiring night.
To my knowledge that goes for cardio, do your running before you eat right after waking up. I usually do little to no cardio since I have an insane metabolism and have never been above 7% bf in my life lol. I'm working on gaining right now, and with my sleep schedule 9pm is more like midday for me cuz I usually dont go to sleep until about 3-4am and sleep til about noon-1pm.

drupason
07-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Which one he go to??
BTW, Druapson, what's ur time on ur PAT?:)

i believe we have different terminology down here? PAT?

ruah_23
07-19-2005, 09:55 PM
i believe we have different terminology down here? PAT?

PAT/PPE=Physical Agility test/Physical peformance evaluation

drupason
07-19-2005, 09:59 PM
oh yea..we did that before we got into the class... i dont think they even timed us

ironchef
07-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Are there any good ways to increase metabolism? Or is that non changeable, i wouldnt mind a fast one lolol.

wannab20hatch
07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
^^^My metabolism is off the charts. Id gladly trade someone. I go to the gym every day after work and drink 4-5 protein and milk shakes a day and i gained on avergae about 8 pounds a week. But its very very hard. On top of the shakes my calorie intake is 5000+ But im skinny 6ft and 140 and i just wanna get a little bigger.

ironchef
07-19-2005, 10:33 PM
F U i drink one shake and it goes straight to my ass, ahah.

ruah_23
07-20-2005, 12:21 AM
^^^My metabolism is off the charts. Id gladly trade someone. I go to the gym every day after work and drink 4-5 protein and milk shakes a day and i gained on avergae about 8 pounds a week. But its very very hard. On top of the shakes my calorie intake is 5000+ But im skinny 6ft and 140 and i just wanna get a little bigger.

U can trade with mine...I have a really really slow metabolism.in able to lose 10 lbs, I have to run in the threadmill everyday in the morning afterclass for 40 mins.....Lift weight at night for 2 hrs and eat only once a day...

It's kinda sucks!

JustinSane110™
07-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Haha, I don't think anybody here can touch my metabolism, heres a quick example.

End of last year I had gotten up to close to 220lbs and 5-6% bf (I'm 6'3-6'4), then I moved back to Chicago and didn't have a gym membership for about a month or two and was eating McD's and Wendy's Twinkies, Cupcakes like all day everyday. Finally got a membership and somehow accidentally lost 25-30 pounds in less than 2 months time and went down to 4.5% on my bf eating like shit for 2 months straight, WTF?!?!

Importdreamer56
07-20-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm on my way to Cosmos right now....I'm trying this new routine, just testing to see if it works for me. I read it worked for some, so I thought I would give it a try.

day1-chest, shoulders, legs-cardio(morning)
day2-arms, back-cardio(morning)
day3-off
day4-repeat day1 heavy weights looking forward to two days off
day5-repeat day2 heavy weights looking forward to two days off
day6-cardio(morning)
day7-cardio(morning)

JustinSane110™
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm on my way to Cosmos right now....I'm trying this new routine, just testing to see if it works for me. I read it worked for some, so I thought I would give it a try.

day1-chest, shoulders, legs-cardio(morning)
day2-arms, back-cardio(morning)
day3-off
day4-repeat day1 heavy weights looking forward to two days off
day5-repeat day2 heavy weights looking forward to two days off
day6-cardio(morning)
day7-cardio(morning)

You sure you wanna do Legs and Chest on the same day, then Arms right after Chest day? Only reason I'm asking is because your tris are gonna get a workout on chest day anyways.

As far as the Leg/Chest/Shoulder day goes, If you're trying to hit each part twice a week (which is what it looks like) then move your chest workout to day 2 and leave day 1 as Legs/Shoulders.

Cliff
08-01-2005, 02:12 AM
bump for marta

Mike4831
08-01-2005, 07:48 AM
For the triceps I like to do skull crushers. Biceps I like to do crazy eight's or just concentrated curls. And for the chest, well I spend about two hours on mine every week. There are so many exercise for it.

Importdreamer56
08-01-2005, 11:57 AM
You sure you wanna do Legs and Chest on the same day, then Arms right after Chest day? Only reason I'm asking is because your tris are gonna get a workout on chest day anyways.

As far as the Leg/Chest/Shoulder day goes, If you're trying to hit each part twice a week (which is what it looks like) then move your chest workout to day 2 and leave day 1 as Legs/Shoulders.

I do cardio in the morning and i hit the weights at night. When I do chest I don't workout my triceps very much i don't go all the way down when im doing the movements that would normaly work the chest. What is your routine like.

what is everyone elses workout like...post up your workout routine

Mike4831
08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
How serious are you Cliff? Are you taking supplements? Depending on how big you want to get, there is always Dbol.

Cliff
08-05-2005, 10:07 PM
i don't care about the weight loss i am just gettin good sized arms and maintaining them and i'm happy

Mike4831
08-06-2005, 07:04 AM
i don't care about the weight loss i am just gettin good sized arms and maintaining them and i'm happy

Well that is good. I have friends at school that take Dbol and they are huge. But I don't know if the side effects are worth the reward.

Importdreamer56
08-06-2005, 10:23 AM
what type of side effects have you seen them run into. I mean your balls get smaller just while you are taking them, but after you have finished uoi just take clomid and you're balls are back to normal.

Mike4831
08-06-2005, 10:16 PM
Well he said that his balls shrank and he can't drink alcohol for fear of completely fucking up his liver.

Importdreamer56
08-07-2005, 02:07 AM
That would be wise thing to do....you're already fucking up your liver with d-bol or anything else your taking. I think you would be in the hospital if were to take all of that crap and decide to get trashed or your liver would just die early.

NEONRACER
08-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Dbol should only be used to jump start and injectable cycle. Dbol is mainly water weight, once you quit taking it most of the gains will go away. Dbol is methylated and is very hard on the liver, it will shut your natural test prodcution down and can fuck you up if you take at to young of an age. Dbol on it's own will give you some nice size but you won't be able to maintain it after you quit using it. Use anadrol instead of Dbol for 3 weeks to jump start a 500 mg test injectable cycle for your first.