PDA

View Full Version : Misc 50 Cent to retire...

quickdodgeŽ
09-11-2007, 09:39 PM
It looks like 50 Cent might be retiring at the ripe old age of 32.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Queens, N.Y., rapper announced a few weeks ago that if his new album, "Curtis," did not outsell Kanye West's new collection, "Graduation," during their first week in stores that he would call it quits as a solo recording artist.

Well, both albums hit the shelves Tuesday, and early results suggest that 50's sales aren't as big as his words.

"If 50 is true to his word, we won't have any more 50 Cent albums," Carl Mello, a director of buying at the East Coast music retail chain Newbury Comics said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mello said "Graduation" was outselling "Curtis" by 200 copies at the 27-store chain. headquartered in Brighton, Mass. "If you look at 50's whole brand, with all the G-Unit people, they haven't done anything that's excited people in a long time."
At Amoeba Music in Hollywood, store music buyer Kristen Frederick said: "For every 50 Cent CD we sell, we sell two Kanyes."
50 Cent has history on his side. West, 30, has strong critical acclaim and robust sales, but his numbers have lagged behind 50 Cent's. West's 2005 album, "Late Registration," sold more than 900,000 copies in its debut week, while 50 Cent's "The Massacre" topped 1.4 million its first week in stores.
It looks as if neither of the hip-hop heroes will come close to their past retail fireworks, a situation driven by the realities of CD sales in the diffused marketplace of 2007.
An Amazon.com spokeswoman said the site will be tracking sales for each album via a graphic on its music page all week. At midday Tuesday, West was outpacing 50 Cent more than 2 to 1.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the Chicago-bred West was also hitting his "rival" where it hurts, outselling him at key stores in 50 Cent's hometown.
"It's probably at 3 to 1, with Kanye outselling 50 with our sales so far," Carl Alvarez, urban buyer for the Virgin Entertainment Group, said. "I anticipated 60% of people picking up both, but we anticipated Kanye selling more."
"We're probably a little stronger on the Kanye side of things, due to our customer base," Arnold said. "Kanye's base seems to be a little broader than 50's base, so if I have to anticipate results, I'd probably give the nod to Kanye this week."
Actually, the rappers may be locked in a race for No. 2: Country star Kenny Chesney released "Just Who I Am: Poets & Pirates" on Tuesday as well. Chesney's singles "Don't Blink" and "Never Wanted Nothing More" are already hits on country radio, and he's sold more than half a million first-week copies before..

Later, QD.

amberghini
09-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Sweet.

Dracc
09-11-2007, 09:44 PM
he mad a statement on PJbutta.com saying that he will not retire... it was just something he said... and he said earlier today he might release another album this year...

quickdodgeŽ
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
He withdrew his "retirement" the week after he originally made it. Later, QD.

sshonda2004
09-12-2007, 07:03 AM
what the hell is president bush doing in that video ambhergini lol

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:00 AM
50 cent is wayyyy more talented then kayne and i think eventually he will outsell more.....

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:08 AM
50 cent is wayyyy more talented then kayne ..
You really think that? I can't stand either of them and I can't see see anything that makes 50 more talented. Later, QD.

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:11 AM
thank god, i fucking hate that stupid ape.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
50 cent is a powerhouse rapper like tupac, jayz, eminem, biggie, he can be compared to all these rappers....

kayne is just another mainstream rapper, mainstream made him and mainstream will be behind him

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
50 cent is a powerhouse rapper like tupac, jayz, eminem, biggie, he can be compared to all these rappers....

kayne is just another mainstream rapper, mainstream made him and mainstream will be behind him

50 cent is garbage comlpete and total garbage.

jayz is mainstream along with eminem.

Biggie and Tupac cannot be compared to these fake ass "gangster" rappers of today, get out of here with that bullshit.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
50 cent is garbage comlpete and total garbage.

jayz is mainstream along with eminem.

Biggie and Tupac cannot be compared to these fake ass "gangster" rappers of today, get out of here with that bullshit.

ha i can tell you have no idea what your talking about.....do you really listen to the music? when you say fake ass "gangster" rappers just fyi tupac and biggie weren't gangsters.... lol

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:21 AM
ha i can tell you have no idea what your talking about.....do you really listen to the music? when you say fake ass "gangster" rappers just fyi tupac and biggie weren't gangsters.... lol

you're an idiot.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:22 AM

Neither 50 Cent nor Feminem can be put into the same category as Biggie and Pac. 21 Questions and Candy Shop are hardly "powerhouse" rap tracks. HHe was only worth a shit until his In Da Club release. No one from G-UottaQuit is worth a damn. 50 included. Who do you think is behind 50? No ghetto America. White suburbia put 50 where he is now. That's his majority fanbase. All the white, middle class people that think they know rap, think 50 is the baddest. Shows what they really know. Later, QD.

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
Neither 50 Cent nor Feminem can be put into the same category as Biggie and Pac. 21 Questions and Candy Shop are hardly "powerhouse" rap tracks. HHe was only worth a shit until his In Da Club release. No one from G-UottaQuit is worth a damn. 50 included. Who do you think is behind 50? No ghetto America. White suburbia put 50 where he is now. That's his majority fanbase. All the white, middle class people that think they know rap, think 50 is the baddest. Shows what they really know. Later, QD.

/thread.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:23 AM
ha i can tell you have no idea what your talking about.....do you really listen to the music?

Do YOU really know what you're talking about? 50 has nothing to say. And if he does, you couldn't understand it because he mumbles everything. He just raps just to rap. He's not sending a message to anyone. What are you talking about? What 50 Cent does isn't music. It's just rap. Later, QD.

Sammich
09-12-2007, 08:26 AM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c110/DanLeary/YES.gif

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 08:29 AM
You really think that? I can't stand either of them and I can't see see anything that makes 50 more talented. Later, QD.x2

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:30 AM

Just fyi 50 and eminem combined have sold more records than tupac and biggie combined so how can they not be compared???

you sound like a pure gunit hater which is cool, alot of people hate on them because they really don't know what there about.

and when you say white suburbia buying the albums who really cares? i never knew you had to be a certain color to buy a record.....

and trutfully i know for a fact 50 has more black fans then white fans....50 is the most bootlegged rapper living today...have you guys been to new york?

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't even listen to rap and i know that you guys have no idea what your talking about.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Just fyi 50 and eminem combined have sold more records than tupac and biggie combined so how can they not be compared???

It's called quality. Again, they made music for the white people to enjoy rap, too.

you sound like a pure gunit hater which is cool, alot of people hate on them because they really don't know what there about.

I guess I am a hater. Of good rap. But if a hater is what I am, then which of 50's nut are you holding today...the left or right one?

and when you say white suburbia buying the albums who really cares? i never knew you had to be a certain color to buy a record.....

You don't, idiot. But I don't know of too many real rappers that try to cater to a white fanbase. That's just fact.

and trutfully i know for a fact 50 has more black fans then white fans....50 is the most bootlegged rapper living today...have you guys been to new york?

You know for a fact. Is that because you do, indeed, carry each of 50's nuts in your hand each day? Did you do a nationwide poll of all white and black people to find out this "fact" that you know? Shut the fuck up until you know half of what you're talking about. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't even listen to rap and i know that you guys have no idea what your talking about.

Ahhhh. Now I know I can back out of this thread now. You've just admitted to not being able to contribute anything worth rebutting. Later, QD.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
quickdodge did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
It's called quality. Again, they made music for the white people to enjoy rap, too.

I guess I am a hater. Of good rap. But if a hater is what I am, then which of 50's nut are you holding today...the left or right one?

You don't, idiot. But I don't know of too many real rappers that try to cater to a white fanbase. That's just fact.

You know for a fact. Is that because you do, indeed, carry each of 50's nuts in your hand each day? Did you do a nationwide poll of all white and black people to find out this "fact" that you know? Shut the fuck up until you know half of what you're talking about. Later, QD.

seriously, this kid is so fucking stupid it makes my head hurt.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:40 AM
Ahhhh. Now I know I can back out of this thread now. You've just admitted to not being able to contribute anything worth rebutting. Later, QD.

i do listen to rap but not todays stuff....

i like Melle mel
ice cube
nwa
tupac
ice t
dr dre
grand master flash
nate dogg

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:41 AM
but i also know 50 makes good music...he's a real MC (microphone checker)

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:42 AM
quickdodge did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Hail nah. I never do. Why you ask, homie? Later, QD.

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:42 AM

stop.
posting.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
i do listen to rap but not todays stuff....

i like Melle mel
ice cube
nwa
tupac
ice t
dr dre
grand master flash
nate dogg

I'm the same way. To me, no one can compare to yesterday's rap.

Made decent music. And he's not real. He's a man-made. Later, QD.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
I'm the same way. To me, no one can compare to yesterday's rap.

Made decent music. And he's not real. He's a man-made. Later, QD.

50cent is man made just like most of us are....

but as far as his career goes didn't jam master jay have alot to do with it? so did nas and eminem....are you saying these people have no credibilty what so ever?

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
50cent is man made just like most of us are....

You know what I mean. Or maybe you don't.

but as far as his career goes didn't jam master jay have alot to do with it? so did nas and eminem....are you saying these people have no credibilty what so ever?

But, coincidently, 50 started failing as a real rapper along about the same time as JMJ's demise. But JMJ mainly helped 50 get exposure. Not did everything for him. Feminem gets zero credit from me. I've never cared for his stuff.

As for the rest of this topic, I'm done. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 08:55 AM
ha i can tell you have no idea what your talking about.....do you really listen to the music? when you say fake ass "gangster" rappers just fyi tupac and biggie weren't gangsters.... lol50 cent has never been a gangster. Curtis which is his real name, use to try and rob people and would get his ass whipped. Also if Biggie and tupac would have still been around, it might be a different story. A lot of people didnt listen to 50 cent until he got shot, which includes Ny people. If it wouldnt have been for Eminem and Dre, we might not have even peeped 50. But his first and second album was ok form the time he form g-unit it started to suck. That my :2cents:

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 08:57 AM
50 cent has never been a gangster. Curtis which is his real name, use to try and rob people and would get his ass whipped. Also if Biggie and tupac would have still been around, it might be a different story. A lot of people didnt listen to 50 cent until he got shot, which includes Ny people. If it wouldnt have been for Eminem and Dre, we might not have even peeped 50. But his first and second album was ok form the time he form g-unit it started to suck. That my :2cents:

half dollar is/hasbeen/and always will be complete garbage. I'd like to see hear what tupac and biggy would have to say about the garbage ass music half dollar makes.

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 08:59 AM
half dollar is/hasbeen/and always will be complete garbage. I'd like to see hear what tupac and biggy would have to say about the garbage ass music half dollar makes.True, because rap just aint like it use to be.

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 09:27 AM
man where all the real hip hop heads at? you guys think you know your shit but you really don't

50 got shot because of the song "ghetto quran" which was released as an underground track and at the time 50cent and gunit were killing the underground mixtape scene...and just remember 50 cent had a HIT put out on him....how many rappers you know that are alive after a hit was put on them?

biggie- dead
big L- dead
tupac- dead

the only rapper nowadays that survived a hit was that one alabama rapper that used to be under young jeezy's label.....Gucci mang or whatever his name is.

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 09:32 AM
man where all the real hip hop heads at? you guys think you know your shit but you really don't

50 got shot because of the song "ghetto quran" which was released as an underground track and at the time 50cent and gunit were killing the underground mixtape scene...and just remember 50 cent had a HIT put out on him....how many rappers you know that are alive after a hit was put on them?

biggie- dead
big L- dead
tupac- dead

the only rapper nowadays that survived a hit was that one alabama rapper that used to be under young jeezy's label.....Gucci mang or whatever his name is.Gucci mane isnt a alabama rap. Georgia and eastside at that. Who 50 got shot, no one listened until after he got shot. I remember his bootleg shit I was is high school then. That was eight years ago. So 50 was made by producers not himself.

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 09:34 AM

I was done with this but, damn. Dude. You're something else. You are the last person to test my hip hop knowledge. What does hip hop have to with 50 Cent anyway? My knowledge spans back to the late 70's when I started listening to it. Do you realize how many PMs I get asking about something from the old school. Anyone on here can tell you that I do know my shit. Later, QD.

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
I was done with this but, damn. Dude. You're something else. You are the last person to test my hip hop knowledge. What does hip hop have to with 50 Cent anyway? My knowledge spans back to the late 70's when I started listening to it. Do you realize how many PMs I get asking about something from the old school. Anyone on here can tell you that I do know my shit. Later, QD.i can atest to that, Qd does know a lot of hip hop.

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 09:39 AM
I was done with this but, damn. Dude. You're something else. You are the last person to test my hip hop knowledge. What does hip hop have to with 50 Cent anyway? My knowledge spans back to the late 70's when I started listening to it. Do you realize how many PMs I get asking about something from the old school. Anyone on here can tell you that I do know my shit. Later, QD.

irrelavent, motion to strike!

soul
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
50 cent is wayyyy more talented then kayne and i think eventually he will outsell more.....
lost all credibilty here. teaching a ape how to mumble and calling it "music" is a disgrace to all man kind. Actually listen to the lyrics and comprehend what there saying, unless like QD said, what testicle you holding?

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
lost all credibilty here. teaching a ape how to mumble and calling it "music" is a disgrace to all man kind. Actually listen to the lyrics and comprehend what there saying, unless like QD said, what testicle you holding? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: reps if I can

SupraMan
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Just wondering.....are all you guys white?

not trying to bring race up but i just want to observe something.....

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 09:52 AM

I was going to ask you the same thing. But yes I am white. But don't let that cloud your judgment on how much you think I may or may not know about htis. What are you trying to observe? Later, QD.

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 09:52 AM

ifyou're not trying to bring race up, why ask what race we are?

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I am blk just like 50cent, and I still think he sucks.

Nomad!
09-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Talent? Dude, if you like Fiddy just say that you like Fiddy. To say he has talent is way too far of a stretch for even the wildest imaginations to comprehend. As we all know (or at least should know by now) RECORD SALES DO NOT = TALENT!!! I'm far from a Kayne fan but, I will give him props for his creativity & diversity. Every 50 song is money, hoes, & clothes and gangsta this & gangsta that. As 50 sells his "Gangsta" to the masses (masses being mostly suburban white teen), he lives in his mansion in CT nowhere near the hoods he reps & the lifestyle these hoods offer (not saying that I blame him). The fact that 50 performed for some rich kid's Bar mitzvah should have all but obliterated his "street cred". I give 50 mad props for being a good salesman. He's made a lot of money by selling garbage packaged as music. The problem he's now facing is, the mindless herd that he caters to is finally beginning to realize that the garbage he's packaged as music really is just garbage. He's like a salesman that never changed his sales pitch. In no way, shape, or form is 50 Hip-Hop. If he is the barometer by which Hip-Hop is to be measured, Hip-Hop is truly DEAD!

HundoŽ
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Talent? Dude, if you like Fiddy just say that you like Fiddy. To say he has talent is way too far of a stretch for even the wildest imaginations to comprehend. As we all know (or at least should know by now) RECORD SALES DO NOT = TALENT!!! I'm far from a Kayne fan but, I will give him props for his creativity & diversity. Every 50 song is money, hoes, & clothes and gangsta this & gangsta that. As 50 sells his "Gangsta" to the masses (masses being mostly suburban white teen), he lives in his mansion in CT nowhere near the hoods he reps & the lifestyle these hoods offer (not saying that I blame him). The fact that 50 performed for some rich kid's Bar mitzvah should have all but obliterated his "street cred". I give 50 mad props for being a good salesman. He's made a lot of money by selling garbage packaged as music. The problem he's now facing is, the mindless herd that he caters to is finally beginning to realize that the garbage he's packaged as music really is just garbage. He's like a salesman that never changed his sales pitch. In no way, shape, or form is 50 Hip-Hop. If he is the barometer by which Hip-Hop is to be measured, Hip-Hop is truly DEAD!

game.set.match.

hybrid90accord
09-12-2007, 10:41 AM

you put 50 cent in the same sentense as 2pac, biggie ,and J????? Wow bold statement

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
you put 50 cent in the same sentense as 2pac, biggie ,and J????? Wow bold statementhave you bought any new games for the ps3 lately, you are always on RFOM

On_Her_Face
09-12-2007, 10:47 AM

thats cause they lived longer :lmfao:

...thats fucked up hahahaa

bigdare23
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM

:eek: your fingers should be broke!!!

1000cckiller
09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
:eek: your fingers should be broke!!! :lmfao:

tony
09-12-2007, 01:36 PM
50 is still under contract to deliver another album so I seriously doubt this is it.

Julio
09-12-2007, 05:26 PM
How can Biggie be shit when fat ass clown only put out 2 or 3 albums?

Lol....

green91
09-12-2007, 05:43 PM
QD man, while ive always appreciated your posts and liked you, your recurring trend is getting old man. While no one will dispute you as to your tastes and appreciating guys that started the rap game, why do you continue to make new threads bashing on the newer guys? I mean come on, everyone on this board whether they want to or not knows you hate modern rappers. Im just curious why you continue to yell "you suck" to more modern music. Also let me say that for the record im not even a rap fan, ive heard many artists that have catchy songs that i want to hear but i dont go out of my way to listen to rap, so dont think im saying this becaused im biased

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
your recurring trend is getting old man.

I'm not really sure what "recurring trend" you're referring to in here as I never once bashed on 50 until the other comments came in. I also don't care if you think they're old. Other folks don't like what I do and that didn't stop me from doing me so why do you think you can stop me?

Check the thread again and then I'll understand why the EDIT note at the bottom of your post will be there. I strictly did a COPY/PASTE and ended it with my usual catch phrase. Where was the bash? A few responses down, I answered again with a comment on how he re-negged on a statement. No bashing there, either. Even when someone came in to make a comment, I didn't bash. I simply stated that he wasn't more talented than the other man. Where was the bash?

Oh and I like you, too. Wassup, man. Lolol. Later, QD.

green91
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Youve got to admit that your purpose in making this thread was to take a shot at 50, which in itself is a bash of sorts..

OneSlow5pt0
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
new rap is garbage

quickdodgeŽ
09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Youve got to admit that your purpose in making this thread was to take a shot at 50, which in itself is a bash of sorts..

In all honesty, that wasn't my intent. Several people on here were curious, as was I, and I found the info and posted it. I would have posted the same had 50 been outselling Kanye. I'm glad he isn't, but it wasn't an attack. I would've put an (lolol) in my original post if I was. Later, QD.