PDA

View Full Version : Honda Acura door locks

Grnblur
09-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Does anyone know how to bypass the factory safety driver door lock setup that wont let you lock or unlock the door without the key or pulling the door handle?

Grnblur
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Bump. please help me

korilee13
09-14-2007, 01:28 AM
bump...i definatly was curious bout the same thing. i relaced the exterior door handle right after i bought my civic and swore up and down i broke something, until i found out about this shitty ass feature

noridetoolow
09-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Are you referring to having to pull the door handle ( inside or out ) to lock the door manually?

LiL PaKi
09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
i think he is talking about the inside only.. with the driver side door you have to pull the handle then lock the door if the door is open but if the doors are closed you don't have to...

sorry i have no clue :dunno:

noridetoolow
09-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah....you can also pull the outside door handle to lock it when its open...the linkage is tied to both door handles....I would think you could pull the door panel and just look at the linkage....its got to be moderatly simple....but...you never know....I want mine to stay the way it is...that way if I lock the keys in the car...I can REALLY blame myself! LOL

LiL PaKi
09-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah....you can also pull the outside door handle to lock it when its open...the linkage is tied to both door handles....I would think you could pull the door panel and just look at the linkage....its got to be moderatly simple....but...you never know....I want mine to stay the way it is...that way if I lock the keys in the car...I can REALLY blame myself! LOL

well see... the driverside door was closed and my passenger side was open... and i accidentally rubbed against the autolock on the passenger side door and closed the door with my keys inside :( I want it on my passenger side too!

GSRtegŪ
09-14-2007, 10:54 AM

Damn right man.

noridetoolow
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM
well see... the driverside door was closed and my passenger side was open... and i accidentally rubbed against the autolock on the passenger side door and closed the door with my keys inside :( I want it on my passenger side too!

OHHHH....you dont want to remove it....you wanna add it to the pass side as well...I hear ya.. LOL. Hmmm....I would pull both door panels....see what mechanism on the drivers side is in place for the lock out prevention....compare to the pass door and see if its something you can replicate. You never know...you might can pull the parts off the drivers door in a junk yard car and apply them to the pass door with some simple mods.

LiL PaKi
09-14-2007, 12:58 PM
OHHHH....you dont want to remove it....you wanna add it to the pass side as well...I hear ya.. LOL. Hmmm....I would pull both door panels....see what mechanism on the drivers side is in place for the lock out prevention....compare to the pass door and see if its something you can replicate. You never know...you might can pull the parts off the drivers door in a junk yard car and apply them to the pass door with some simple mods.

yea.. thanks.. but the person who made this thread wants to remove it

Grnblur
09-16-2007, 12:58 PM
I think its hopeless I think the part is right where the door catches so im just going to leave it alone. but I fixed the other problem w/ my keyless entry, someone who had the car before me cut one of the wires and spliced in some speaker wire that just deadended inside the door panel, reconnected the wire and now its all better.