PDA

View Full Version : Mature people's opinions.

s13slider®
09-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Ok i have a 4 month old son to start out with , but i really have no career . I work paycheck to paycheck . I have been thinking about joining the arm yfor a long while now , I know you dont make major money but it is something steady and i know there is a chance i will get sent to iraq and possibly die but at the same time i am obligated to support my family . So if you were in my situation what would you all do .

BTW : Alice And Chains song Her comes the rooster is badass.:goodjob:

SLo_MKIII
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Ok i have a 4 month old son to start out with , but i really have no career . I work paycheck to paycheck . I have been thinking about joining the arm yfor a long while now , I know you dont make major money but it is something steady and i know there is a chance i will get sent to iraq and possibly die but at the same time i am obligated to support my family . So if you were in my situation what would you all do .

BTW : Alice And Chains song Her comes the rooster is badass.:goodjob:

is your pay check to pay check supporting your family currently?

Maniaç
09-10-2007, 11:36 PM
When a child is on the line, you have to sacrifice a whole lot. Do you gotta do..

redrumracer
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
join the coast guard or air force instead.

Brick
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
What kind of job are you doing now? You married? Army may be a steady paycheck and support for your family but it also = months and possibly years away from your kid at a time. Weigh your options and prioritize your life. Look around for possibly a second job or a higher paying job you may not like as much. Joining is a huge decision. Whatever you do, don't join Guard or Reserves...active duty all the way.

s13slider®
09-10-2007, 11:39 PM
is your pay check to pay check supporting your family currently?

barely enough , my parenst are loaded and they help , i aint gonna lie .

s13slider®
09-10-2007, 11:40 PM
What kind of job are you doing now? You married? Army may be a steady paycheck and support for your family but it also = months and possibly years away from your kid at a time. Weigh your options and prioritize your life. Look around for possibly a second job or a higher paying job you may not like as much. Joining is a huge decision. Whatever you do, don't join Guard or Reserves...active duty all the way.

detailing at nissan and no im not married we do live together how ever.

s13slider®
09-10-2007, 11:41 PM
When a child is on the line, you have to sacrifice a whole lot. Do you gotta do..

so what are you saying exactly , you would do it if you had to ?

Maniaç
09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
so what are you saying exactly , you would do it if you had to ?If I had no other choice, yeah I would.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 11:43 PM
bruh i'm in the same situation.. and have been thinking the same thing.. and truely i've been in the recruiters office about to sign and started thinking.. AIr force is the way to go imo.. i'm thinking about going in next year for sure.. i'm gonna wait till bush is out of office ya know... but man its depressing not having means of your own to do things you want and need..... my thing is to try and find another job and make money.. when it comes to a child.. you do what ever it is you have to do but as far as your child living with out you.. i be damn if my child has to go with out a father

s13slider®
09-10-2007, 11:47 PM
walking tall machine gun man , they spit on me in my home land . best line ever.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 11:48 PM
walking tall machine gun man , they spit on me in my home land . best line ever.

shits true

Magnus213
09-10-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah, that song's about the lead singer's dad fighting in Vietnam I believe. Alice in Chains is awesome.

To be serious, though, I'd definitely take a look at the possible gains/losses for your choice. If you join, you'll be supporting your family but there's a possibility that you lose your life, or that you spend a large amount of time away from home.

If you don't join, I presume you get another / a more demanding job that provides more income; you might see less of your family, but you avoid the risk of serving in Iraq and situations like that.

If I were you, I'd definitely want to make sure that I was there for my son and my wife; you only get one shot at life. Your son only grows up once, you only get one chance to love your wife and spend time with her. I'd only go the armed forces route if you have absolutely no other choice.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 11:56 PM
pros and cons of the armed forces.... insurance and benifits for your child and wife.. gaurenteed work.. good pay... cons..... YOU DIE

SLo_MKIII
09-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, that song's about the lead singer's dad fighting in Vietnam I believe. Alice in Chains is awesome.

To be serious, though, I'd definitely take a look at the possible gains/losses for your choice. If you join, you'll be supporting your family but there's a possibility that you lose your life, or that you spend a large amount of time away from home.

If you don't join, I presume you get another / a more demanding job that provides more income; you might see less of your family, but you avoid the risk of serving in Iraq and situations like that.

If I were you, I'd definitely want to make sure that I was there for my son and my wife; you only get one shot at life. Your son only grows up once, you only get one chance to love your wife and spend time with her. I'd only go the armed forces route if you have absolutely no other choice.

good fucking post... reps for j00:goodjob:

Brick
09-11-2007, 12:12 AM
i'm gonna wait till bush is out of office ya know...

If you think that'll lessen your chances of going overseas you're wrong.

bigdare23
09-11-2007, 12:14 AM
do it!

Think about the benefits! Free healthcare FTW!!!

Brick
09-11-2007, 12:15 AM
do it!

Think about the benefits! Free healthcare FTW!!!

If you mean an 800mg Ibuprofen for everything, then yes.

xLSTONEx
09-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Go to school

redrumracer
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM

he speaks wisely and truthfully

bigdare23
09-11-2007, 12:20 AM

:thinking: Military hospitals arent that bad

Plus, he would be saving mad money with other things such as prescriptions and such

Brick
09-11-2007, 12:21 AM
:thinking: Military hospitals arent that bad

Plus, he would be saving mad money with other things such as prescriptions and such

Trust me, 800mg Ibuprofen cures everything.

On_Her_Face
09-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Go to school
that would bring the most money.. but it also costs money which he might not have at the time.. you could try sales at the dealership but that is a shitload of hours, you may make money, you may not. just a suggestion

if u can though seriously go to school. can't give better advice.

reps for you ndhs brother :goodjob:

bigdare23
09-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Trust me, 800mg Ibuprofen cures everything.

I'm feel sorry for ya then. :lmfao:

My experiences with military hospitals were never horror stories. Plus, I'm thinking about his child. Military health care >>> no health care :goodjob:

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 12:29 AM
thanks to all of you , and reps tommorow im jusytt o fucked up roight now , im fucked up right now even though i have a son and still my girl is sober so i dunno what im trying to get at but anyways thanks to al .

On_Her_Face
09-11-2007, 12:32 AM
he's probably on beer #18 now lol.. he was on 14 an hour ago

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
shit about 22 actuallyt .

xLSTONEx
09-11-2007, 12:53 AM
shit about 22 actuallyt .
aren't you like 19?

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 01:22 AM
just cause my age dont mean i cant drink or get alcohol

Dracc
09-11-2007, 02:07 AM
just cause my age dont mean i cant drink or get alcohol

preach homie

Stormhammer
09-11-2007, 03:03 AM
being 19, having a 4month old son, and you said a girl living with you ( I'm assuming a girlfriend ) - it wouldn't be a wise thing to go into the armed forces unless it was last resort. I hate to be brash about this, but I would be highly surprised if you went overseas and came back to find her and your son still around ( at the age you are at )

Slow Motion
09-11-2007, 04:01 AM
The one thing i can say is that you pick up a skill. The armed forces is not for everyone. I know to many vets. that do not get what they need as far as health care or benifits. Look into getting your CDL's they make decent money...or go to school. Yes school. The military shouldn't be a way out of any situation, because it can turn into a bad experience. If your parents are loaded and helping you with finances find out what they did to get where they are and listen. If i could go back a few years and im only 24. So take a moment and really think. Think long, think hard and be wise in your decision. And if you pray....Pray long, pray hard, and listen. You'll know what to do.

Also he is right^^^^^....if she is just a girlfriend and you go off to the arm forces and they send you away which is a possibility how sure are you that she will still be your girl.

Life is happening time to step up.

babygurl
09-11-2007, 06:16 AM
If you dont think joining the army is the best idea. Why not try and get on as a county detention officer. They make decent money, maybe a little more than what you are making now.

Its steady as long as you dont screw up, and plus insurance is pretty cheap.

Echonova
09-11-2007, 07:11 AM
shit about 22 actuallyt .Let's see..... 22 beers equals about A FUCKING PACK OF DIAPERS FOR YOUR KID!!!!!!!!! Can't make ends meet, parents help out.. That's all cool. But you waste your money on alcohol??? 22 beers lasted you a night? How long would the diapers last? Deeerrrrr... You're so cool posting while drunk.. DDeeerrrr.... Wow, your life is hard....Deerrrrr.... Maybe you make life hard for yourself, ever get tired of making bad decisions? Guess not. Being a man means sacrificing (if need be) for the ones you love. You do without, so they can have what they need. Roof, water and electricity they need, a underage drunk for a dad they do not. FUCK!!!! Every time I start to think you're all right you post some dumb, emo shit like this.

Jecht
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Man I always wonder why people have kids when they are only 18-21 or so. Ever heard of a condom? :lmao:

Slow Motion
09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Let's see..... 22 beers equals about A FUCKING PACK OF DIAPERS FOR YOUR KID!!!!!!!!! Can't make ends meet, parents help out.. That's all cool. But you waste your money on alcohol??? 22 beers lasted you a night? How long would the diapers last? Deeerrrrr... You're so cool posting while drunk.. DDeeerrrr.... Wow, your life is hard....Deerrrrr.... Maybe you make life hard for yourself, ever get tired of making bad decisions? Guess not. Being a man means sacrificing (if need be) for the ones you love. You do without, so they can have what they need. Roof, water and electricity they need, a underage drunk for a dad they do not. FUCK!!!! Every time I start to think you're all right you post some dumb, emo shit like this.

DAMN..

SupraMan
09-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Alot of my friends make a killing selling drugs...every thought about that?

SupraMan
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
that or become a police officer.

Jimmy B
09-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Let's see..... 22 beers equals about A FUCKING PACK OF DIAPERS FOR YOUR KID!!!!!!!!! Can't make ends meet, parents help out.. That's all cool. But you waste your money on alcohol??? 22 beers lasted you a night? How long would the diapers last? Deeerrrrr... You're so cool posting while drunk.. DDeeerrrr.... Wow, your life is hard....Deerrrrr.... Maybe you make life hard for yourself, ever get tired of making bad decisions? Guess not. Being a man means sacrificing (if need be) for the ones you love. You do without, so they can have what they need. Roof, water and electricity they need, a underage drunk for a dad they do not. FUCK!!!! Every time I start to think you're all right you post some dumb, emo shit like this.

Ditto!!!

SupraMan
09-11-2007, 08:43 AM

+1

Spectic Tank
09-11-2007, 08:45 AM

+1. Did you ever think of how you were going to support a child while you were blowing your load in your g/f? ever heard of a second job? Maybe it's time to put down the booze and reap the seeds you sew?

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 08:54 AM
thanks to all of you , and reps tommorow im jusytt o fucked up roight now , im fucked up right now even though i have a son and still my girl is sober so i dunno what im trying to get at but anyways thanks to al .
so your drunk as fuck on a monday night. 130am and you wonder why you dont have steady pay. :thinking:

quickdodge®
09-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Whatever you do, don't join Guard or Reserves...active duty all the way.

HUGE disagreement there. Later, QD.

Ruiner
09-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Shit, where to start...

What is your education level?
Who do you know? Jobs are typically about "who" you know and not "what" you know.
What skills do you have?
What does the mother of your kid do? How old is she? What is her education level?

osnap
09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
im not one to judge and im certainly not usually one to preach... but you wanted a mature, honest opinion, so here it is:

cmon man! you're 19 years old and you have a girlfriend and a kid, no steady job, and you're posting piss drunk on a monday night on a fucking internet message board. sure as hell sounds to me like you need to pull your shit together and take some responsibility QUICK, before your shitty decisions affect your child instead of just you. :2cents:

noridetoolow
09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
It sounds to me like you have no "real" job skills, no school or education since HS ( I am not saying any of this is bad.,....that was me YEARS ago ).......if you and your girlfriend are close....get married, join the Air Force and take her and the kid with you. Army is great if you wanna go to Iraq and play in the dirt....Air Force....IMO, you have better opportunities at better career paths. The Army has it all but is more focused on the combat....Air Force is not. My brother joined the AF when he was 18...he is 2-3 years younger than me and will be RETIRING in 4 or so years with 20 years in the Air Force! Me...well...my job that I kinda like pays well....but I sure am not looking at retirement pay along with a new full time jobs pay in a few years like he is. Even if you only joined for like 4 years...at worse you spend the next 4 years with your new wife and child and if you really don't enjoy it, come back home and use the schooling and experience to get a great paying job. Pick a career in the AF like computer networking or aircraft mechanic....something you can take with you when you leave. On the other hand you may end up loving it....my brother decided to stay in and now he will be reaping the benefits when he retires and pulls in 2 checks. Obviously there is so much to consider and we do not know your entire situation.....but I will agree with the above....if money is that tight.....why are you spending so much money on beer!? Perhaps the armed forces will teach you some discipline and structure.....and if you stay in it, you get the chance to see other countries which would be nice. My brother....yeah, he went to Iraq for 6 months and he supervised the private citizens that came on base to do stupid crap like janitors and such. Army...youll probably be in the mess....AF....gravy train and better schooling. Dont get me wrong...NOTHING wrong with the Army....but you want to look down the road....in 4 years you could step out of the AF with Microsoft certifications and 4 years of experience in computer networking...step into a $60,000 a year or more job.

Kyle
09-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd rather be a kid with not much money than a kid with a father MIA for some reason or another.

On_Her_Face
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
me too

Brick
09-11-2007, 01:11 PM
HUGE disagreement there. Later, QD.

Why?

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 02:17 PM
if u want money in the service go NAVY. and be on a sub. sub pay plus sea pay equal $$$ over anything you get in army or af. unless you do something dangerous. i would go ballistic missile sub. 6 months at sea 6 months in port with about 6 to 8 weeks off. if you are smart (book smart) which i doubt u are from the position u find your self in. i would go nuclear. great pay outside of the service.

Marta Mike
09-11-2007, 02:29 PM
If i were you i was just sit and think of what it is you want to do, or wouldnt mind doing for a career. Theres numerous things out there you can get into that pay fairly decent with leads to promotion. You just gotta figure out where you wanna start. For instance I know a couple people that wanted to get into the automotive business. They started as sales/ass managers at discount tire and then went to a dealership to be a service advisor. At DT they made like 550-600 a week.....then went to a dealer bringing in almost a grand a week, and thats at the bottom of the totem pole. Thats just an example. Just find what you like, find out how to get into it, then do your best. You might have to work two jobs while trying to get ready for what you wanna do. But like someone said before you gotta do what you gotta do. I feel like people use the army as a cop out. Like they have no other choice. Theres plenty out there but few are willing to sacrifice and do what has to be done to get what they want.

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd rather be a kid with not much money than a kid with a father MIA for some reason or another.
not if your father was s13slider.

quickdodge®
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Why?

Why not? Since you put it out there with nothing behind it. Have you been in either Guards? Later, QD.

Brick
09-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Why not? Since you put it out there with nothing behind it. Have you been in either Guards? Later, QD.

I'll be hitting the 4 year mark with the Army National Guard in December. I've got friends in Marine Reserves also. The Guard and Reserves is a great way to get training to get your life started and help qualify for civilian jobs, get money for school, serve your country, etc. The only thing is once you have a good job and productive life on the civilian side, it's seems to hold you back from progressing and doing things. Drill weekend gets in the way, being randomly called up gets in the way, etc. If I could do it over again I'd have gone Active Duty from the beginning and know many people in my unit that say the same. I'd much rather be full time military and have it be my life than part time and have it be something that gets in the way of my life. Go full time and get years of every day experience in a field, travel, get the same money for school, come to the Civilian world with years of full time experience and training to offer and be able to focus 100% without that interruption known as Guard and Reserves. Also, the training and organization of Guard and Reserves units pales in comparison to Active Duty. It's one thing to get deployed with an Active Duty unit that's highly organized and trained up. It's another thing to get deployed with a Guard unit that bullshits training and can't even organize a weapons qualification day properly.

Fair enough?

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Alright , i see a few people bashing me about last night , i didnt buy the alcohol a very good friend of mine just got out of prison and he brought over two cases . Now, a few people asked some questions and im not going back trough every one but im gonna try and remember what was asked . i am 19 she is just my girlfriend we do live together , i didnt waste money on beer , i got me ged , only thing i know how to do is roofing and work on cars . and i appreciate EVERYONES input , i know i shouldnt have been drinking but my girl was sober and has her license so if anything happened im sure it would have been fine . but thanks again guys for everything . +1 to all i can . oh yea and echonova , dude i was trying to be emo and shit man and i could really give a fuck less what you think about me . BUT i wanted to see other peoples opinions and i got them so why would you call that emo ?

Frög
09-11-2007, 06:35 PM
damn your 19.. get your loaded parents to pay for your schooling at a two year college.. and get a job.. or join the army/navy..

Kyle
09-11-2007, 06:36 PM
not if your father was s13slider.
Hahahahah. That was good, +3.

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 06:37 PM
19 actually and my parents are kinda stingy when it comes to me but when it comes to my son they help when needed .

Benefit
09-11-2007, 06:43 PM
its gunna be rough at first , it always is from what i hear...but you should of really thought about that before blowin ur load like the other dude said...it will work out...dont sell the s13 tho :)

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
the s13 has been sold bro , and actually thats a fucked up story behind the condom thing .

Frög
09-11-2007, 06:45 PM
19 actually and my parents are kinda stingy when it comes to me but when it comes to my son they help when needed .

well that is directly related.. if they pay for your two year schooling they wont have to help for your son anymore.. and being able to fully support your son isnt it helping your son?!? :thinking:

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 06:46 PM
they wont pay for my school they dont look it like we do .

Frög
09-11-2007, 06:48 PM
the s13 has been sold bro , and actually thats a fucked up story behind the condom thing .

really dont want to start a huge argument, i know there is alot of ppl that have a strong opinion against this, but i believe if a child was not planned and the pitcher and receiver dont have the means to afford one.. abortion ftw.. especially at your age, college and a kid? .. :umno:

Frög
09-11-2007, 06:50 PM
^^ but when i come to think about it, its a fucked up thing to say after you actually have had the kid..

s13slider®
09-11-2007, 06:50 PM
abortion is murder bro .

Echonova
09-11-2007, 07:16 PM

BTW : Alice And Chains song Her comes the rooster is badass.:goodjob: Trying to relate your life to a song = emo

walking tall machine gun man , they spit on me in my home land . best line ever. Is it really? Again trying to justfy your decision with a song = emo. Or was that just a drunken statement?

just cause my age dont mean i cant drink or get alcoholNo it doesn't.. But it is one more in a long line of bad choices. Which brought you to where you are now. Asking for advice from people you don't know and have never met, while in a drunken stupor. = emo

Good news is there's help available. :bannana:

Need help with your IA addiction = emo

4dmin
09-11-2007, 07:18 PM
barely enough , my parenst are loaded and they help , i aint gonna lie .

growing up and being a man is supporting your family... doing what it takes to do so should be #1 priority. i'm sure you will do what is best for you/family.

Frög
09-11-2007, 07:41 PM
abortion is murder bro .

in that case, im a serial killer :nautjerk:

abortion is not murder bro. sperm + egg within 3 months is still nothing.. IMO.. i know this is a really delecate subject.. but to each his own opinion.. if i accidently had a kid right now, its either

a. abortion.
b. adopt.
c. keep it and fuck up my college.

Echonova
09-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Werd, and don't take what I said the wrong way. Ain't nothing wrong with earning a living serving this country. Just make sure you make your choices for the right reasons.

Frög
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
its gunna be rough at first , it always is from what i hear...but you should of really thought about that before blowin ur load like the other dude said...it will work out...dont sell the s13 tho :)

or not!!!!!

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119768

Frög
09-11-2007, 08:03 PM
and i take back what i said.. dont go to the army/navy, she wont be there when you get back.. reading through your old posts, you first didnt know who was the father, she broke up with you for another dude one day before your b-day.. why did you get back with her?!?!?!

Echonova
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
and i take back what i said.. dont go to the army/navy, she wont be there when you get back.. reading through your old posts, you first didnt know who was the father, she broke up with you for another dude one day before your b-day.. why did you get back with her?!?!?!
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/owned.jpg

Benefit
09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
LMAO

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
or how about this one
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116184
this kid is the king of emo

Frög
09-11-2007, 08:57 PM
^^ thats the one i was talking about.. i don't care whether he is emo or not, its just dumb to have a kid and take a hoe back after that^^ and then even worst, think about leaving out of the country to the army/navy? hope you like sharing your girl w/ other dudes..

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM
^^ thats the one i was talking about.. i don't care whether he is emo or not, its just dumb to have a kid and take a hoe back after that^^ and then even worst, think about leaving out of the country to the army/navy? hope you like sharing your girl w/ other dudes..
he needs to post some pics of the hoe so when we see her around we know she is up for the :idb::idb::idb:

Echonova
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
he needs to post some pics of the hoe so when we see her around we know she is up for the :idb::idb::idb:..

Magnus213
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
damn your 19.. get your loaded parents to pay for your schooling at a two year college.. and get a job.. or join the army/navy..
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. If your parents are loaded, why WOULDN'T they want to pay for your education, to help you make a better life for yourself and for your family? School might not be the most fun thing, but most of the time the fun thing and the right thing to do are not the same. Think of your family, man, use that as your motivation whenever it gets tough.

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
id hit it.

Leadfoot_mf
09-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest. If your parents are loaded, why WOULDN'T they want to pay for your education, to help you make a better life for yourself and for your family? School might not be the most fun thing, but most of the time the fun thing and the right thing to do are not the same. Think of your family, man, use that as your motivation whenever it gets tough.
read the links that have been posted then get back to us.:goodjob:

Kyle
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
in that case, im a serial killer :nautjerk:

abortion is not murder bro. sperm + egg within 3 months is still nothing.. IMO.. i know this is a really delecate subject.. but to each his own opinion.. if i accidently had a kid right now, its either

a. abortion.
b. adopt.
c. keep it and fuck up my college.
Werd. I 100% agree. C is a horrible option.