PDA

View Full Version : ****HOW CAN I GET A SPONSORSHIP****

95alty
09-10-2007, 01:20 AM
BEFORE EVERYONE FLAMES ME FOR BEING STUPID AND ETC.... IM JUST WONDERING HOW YOU GO ABOUT GETTING A SPONSORSHIP... IM NOT ON HERE ASKING FOR ONE JUST WONDERING!!! IF THERE ARE SOME ON HERE THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!! I DRIVE A BOOSTED 95 NISSAN ALTIMA... HAVE SPEND OVER 10K ON IT SO NO ONE GET ON HERE SAYING SPEND MONEY YOU LAZY BUMB AND ALL THAT GOOD STUFF... GOOD INSIGHTS ARE GREAT.... PLEASE NO THREAD JACKING AND FLAME:goodjob: AND IF YOU FEEL LIKE FLAMING I AM TRAINED TO HURT-----SEMPER FI TIL I DIE!

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 01:25 AM
you start going to shows and such, ultimately you put your own money into your car to the point that it starts garnering attention at shows and events and what not, and the sponsors will come to you - a fast engine is one thing, but if you don't have looks to back it up...

Also it depends on what you want to be sponsored for - drag racing, show, etc

95alty
09-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I have a little somethin done to the looks... but the government doesnt pay enough for the extra sparkles and stuff... and carsponsorships.com is a big ass joke

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 01:31 AM
well, like make sure your engine bay isn't crowded with hoses and dirty and such - tuck the engine bay, if you repaint the outside of the car, don't skimp on the engine and such. Do something that is different than all the other Altima's out there - try to be ahead of the curve. Make sure you car has no rust ( even on the frame rails ) and don't overdo things. Don't have color's clash. And try to have an all around package ( looks, speed, suspension, rollers ) - even with that said, there is no guarantee what so ever that you will get a sponsorship, but if you do it right, and start winning at some shows and what not, then you just might ;)

Dracc
09-10-2007, 01:40 AM
its really hard son.. i'm a tell you that from experience.. its really hard unless you know some on.. but you have to put your own money into it... stick with a product.. i did sound.. so i did all one product.. kicker wires.. coaxles.. componets... subs.. kicker built box.. and amps... fuses.. i'm talking about it all.. only thing that isnt kicker in my car is my head unit.. and go to all the shows you can.. i mean them all... and make sure you have a written list of mods done to the car listing them all and how new they are.. i tried to change up as often as i could do to funds but dont let that be the only thing you do.. i'm not fully sponsored but i'm partially.. hey its better then nothing.. and you get discounts.. thats the main thing about being sponsored.. no i dont not get paid to have the stuff in my car lol. wish i did.. but make sure you make an effort to get to as many shows as you can and ppl will notice you...

Dracc
09-10-2007, 01:42 AM
well, like make sure your engine bay isn't crowded with hoses and dirty and such - tuck the engine bay, if you repaint the outside of the car, don't skimp on the engine and such. Do something that is different than all the other Altima's out there - try to be ahead of the curve. Make sure you car has no rust ( even on the frame rails ) and don't overdo things. Don't have color's clash. And try to have an all around package ( looks, speed, suspension, rollers ) - even with that said, there is no guarantee what so ever that you will get a sponsorship, but if you do it right, and start winning at some shows and what not, then you just might ;)

thats good advice.. my only things is.. colors.. when it comes to cars you should only do three imo.... main color... acent color (sp) and fill in... like me.... white is my cars color.. my acent is blue and my fill in to no leave a blankness is graphite.... because it composes black white and grey in it...

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 01:44 AM
true, the only sponsorship that really pays you is in the drag racing and drifting world

... go drag racing that altima

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 01:48 AM
thats good advice.. my only things is.. colors.. when it comes to cars you should only do three imo.... main color... acent color (sp) and fill in... like me.... white is my cars color.. my acent is blue and my fill in to no leave a blankness is graphite.... because it composes black white and grey in it...

In all honesty, I really hope by blue you don't mean painting calipers and interior items. That is actually a fad that has gone and passed. Single color car, with a single color interior ( black/grey? ) but make sure you have seats that match ( like if you have a grey interior, get black seats )

granted, it IS your car, but take a look at what other people have been doing - lately it was jdm

I use www.jtuned.com and look under statics as well as the forums under photos only to see what others have done, and I culminate my ideas from there :yes:

Granted I'm not out for sponsorship either.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 01:57 AM
In all honesty, I really hope by blue you don't mean painting calipers and interior items. That is actually a fad that has gone and passed. Single color car, with a single color interior ( black/grey? ) but make sure you have seats that match ( like if you have a grey interior, get black seats )

granted, it IS your car, but take a look at what other people have been doing - lately it was jdm

I use www.jtuned.com (http://www.jtuned.com) and look under statics as well as the forums under photos only to see what others have done, and I culminate my ideas from there :yes:

Granted I'm not out for sponsorship either.

hahah hell no.. lol.. i mean like my subs have blue on them there for i expose some wires with blue and kicker showing lol.. and my head unit's buttons light up blue... i didnt mean painting anything lol.. hell no lol..

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 02:08 AM
you know, I dont think I have ever seen a pic of your car

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:10 AM
werd?? never....?? really?? hold on i got you

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2171231/8

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:14 AM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01793.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01790.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01779.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01783.jpg

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 02:17 AM
you must like cavaliers ( since you have 2 lol )

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:17 AM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/2171231_37_full.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/2171231_36_full.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/2171231_35_full.jpg

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:18 AM
you must like cavaliers ( since you have 2 lol )

hahah naw not really.. the second one turned into one lol.. i got it for 300 dollars.. took out the motor.. stripped it and sold it lol...

SixSquared
09-10-2007, 03:07 AM
the best advice I can give is...

- make a portfolio. Get some pro quality pics, list the mods, get pics of the build, list future mods... Put together a nice portfolio in both printed and digital form to give to potential sponsors. Put your contact info in, too.
- along with above, keep a few personal info cards in your car and on you. That way it you're randomly at a bar or something and the guy drinking next to you happens to be the owner of a tire shop, you can give out a card instead of scribbling down your number.
- give your info to as many people as possible. Even if its a long shot, give your info out anyways.
- show, show, show.
- show up at drag race/autox/drift events. I stay the hell away from street races, but try to appear everywhere else.
- just talk to people. Most companies will give you discounts in exchange for you sporting their vinyl. Thats a start. Eventually you can say "hey ive been advertising for you for a while and have spent a lot of money with you... How about returning the favor?"

81911SC
09-10-2007, 03:31 AM
AND IF YOU FEEL LIKE FLAMING I AM TRAINED TO HURT-----SEMPER FI TIL I DIE!
LOL

Stormhammer
09-10-2007, 04:07 AM
aw you ruined the civility of this thread :(

81911SC
09-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Exactly, He should have searched the forum or just have not even go on today.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 04:18 AM
hahahaha

95alty
09-10-2007, 06:40 AM
SO mainly just get my car and my name out there? I havent really been able to go to any shows due to the downtime of the turbo.... its hard trying to take a horizontal 240 engine and boost it with little clearance... Its been fun though... thanks for all inputs... im trying to make it out to NOPI but i dont know if the tuning will allow me... Ill be at varsity on saturday and if any of you are out there it would be great to conversate in person... that marine thing just scratch it... i did a search and saw people flame some guy for asking for a sponsorship... so i threw that in there...

Evil Goat
09-10-2007, 08:28 AM
so you claimed to be a marine so people wouldnt flame you on an internet forum.....weaksauce buddy....go fuck yourself and stop imitating real heroes

95alty
09-10-2007, 08:48 AM
Imitating??? Wow... u really think that??? I am a marine... head to OCS next summer... Once i get to TBS i plan on going either infantry or aviation depending on my scores... i said scratch the marine thing because i shouldnt have added it in there in the first place... doesnt matter what my life is... So before you tell someone to stop immitating... know what the fuck your talking about

©hris
09-10-2007, 09:05 AM
YoParts.com ....

no sponsorship... private membership.... $9.99/mon or $100/year and get all your parts OEM, JDM, or aftermarket at Wholesale pricing. 30 free trial as well

95alty
09-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Good looking out chris ima check it out... And are you boosting yet?? Ur behind the curve ball man check out my pics in the Car Pics section

civic95
09-10-2007, 09:10 AM
you have to signup on carsponsorships.com and give them $75. They will find you sponsorships like crazy.

Just kidding. Honestly, it's probably your car. How many companies are developing products for a 95 altima? Not many anymore. If you had a 07 altima, or something newer you'd have a better chance. There's just no point in making something for a mid 90's car other than a 240 these days. You might get lucky and get something generic, like car audio or lighting. But still those companies usually look for something mainstream to use for their sponsorships. They want people with the same car to see their product installed in "their" car, and go buy it.

Seymour222
09-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Have sex with the director of a hollywood blockbuster.

©hris
09-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Good looking out chris ima check it out... And are you boosting yet?? Ur behind the curve ball man check out my pics in the Car Pics section

not yet. Andrew and I are gonna relocate my battery this week and figure out the piping situation, I/C, and manifold. Then once we figure that out its all down hill from there.... mid october it should be done

95alty
09-10-2007, 10:36 AM
ok cool chris...

Thanks civic95... but if you think about it... how often do you see first gen altimas compared to the newer ones??

I tried seymour... but she only directed high school plays :(

civic95
09-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks civic95... but if you think about it... how often do you see first gen altimas compared to the newer ones??

I see more new ones than I do first gens. That's exactly the reason I would make a product for one of those before a 1st gen. If I make a product that works on all types of cars I would pick a something that the masses drive to display it on. Not something that's even a little bit rare. Especially something like wheels.

If I gave you a set of wheels it might look great on your car, but if I gave the same set to someone with say..... a Scion TC, the TC would sell more wheels for me.

95alty
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
That is true in some cases... I see where you are coming from... This is just something fun until i get my bonus next christmas and get the car i really want... im still going to pamper this one though... its my first car..

Kevykev
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
That is true in some cases... I see where you are coming from... This is just something fun until i get my bonus next christmas and get the car i really want... im still going to pamper this one though... its my first car..

I still have my 96 - I drive it to work Daily.

Love that car!

SLo_MKIII
09-10-2007, 12:46 PM
I still have my 96 - I drive it to work Daily.

Love that car!

i have a 01 love it to death, for a 4 banger its got decent power stock... but this is coming from a previous honda owner lol:D

TopSpeedInc
09-10-2007, 01:59 PM
This is from another site but I feel it holds true.

Everyday I get e-mails, letters and phone calls from people looking to be sponsored by us, everyday.

These contact range from people who can't spell or punctuate to really well written proposals with pictures and races/shows they will attend. I don't care if you can read or write to be honest. I do care that you will make sure that whatever I give you I get back atleast double.

Companies don't sponsor people just to give away money. They sponsor people for advertisement. They are thinking they are going to get back enough coverage from their name being on your car from TV, magazine, radio and newspaper advertising to cover the expense of what they gave you OR increase sales directly from you sending people to them.

The bottom line is sponsorship isn't a charity any business is looking to donate too.

What do we look for when you ask for us to sponsor you?

#1. How much money have you spent with us over the years?

****This is the number one thing I look for. If you spent nothing you get
nothing. If you spent $1500 over the last 3 years and you have a car
that obviously took a hell of a lot more to build then you also get
nothing. If you have built your entire car using us exclusively or parts bought from us, even if it isn't a $50,000 build
then you just moved up the list of people we might help out in atleast
some way.

#2. Have you ever been in any magazines or had any other public coverage?

****This is the second thing I would like to see. If you have received
coverage did you mention us already and the other
companies that may have helped you already? Did you run a decal from
us on your car just because you were happy with our parts and service?
Was that sticker buried at the bottom of your car where you couldn't
see it very well or was it somewhere nice and visable?

#3. Have you sent other people you met on the street, race track and car shows to us?

****This is huge. You sending your friends and people you meet to us because you have been happy with us is what keeps us in business and making money. Making money is what enables us to help you out and even have a chance to sponsor someone.

These are a few of the things I look for. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate each and every sale we get. The performance parts world is huge and you have a lot of choices where you can buy from. Any sale we get in this ultra competitive market is a blessing and we do TRULY appreciate it. In return for the money that our customers spend here we try to give the absolute best parts and service you can get for your money. We will not mislead you, lie to your or sell you something you don't need.

This last year we helped out around 10 different racers. The racers we helped fit the above description perfectly. They were guys that were out there racing, doing well, promoting us on their own and sending business or way and they were all doing this before they asked me to give them a single $1 part. That's how it works.

I also only have so much we can give out and help out with so there is of course a limited amount of people we can help each year.

Thanks for reading and hopefully now you understand more what we look for and how it all works.

BKgen®
09-10-2007, 02:13 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01793.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01790.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01779.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/dracc15/DSC01783.jpg

sweet.... but can it drift? :lmfao:

Psycho
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I hear the easiest way to get a sponsorship, is to spread your butt cheeks as "Mike Honcho" for playgirl magazine.

Dracc
09-10-2007, 02:28 PM
sweet.... but can it drift? :lmfao:

i aint even trying it lol

AnthonyF
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
i kno some1 had to of said this already.

carsponsorships.com hahahaha...do it..it's real.

95alty
09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
carsponsorships.com is a rip off and all it is is a discount that you get on all forums

Julio
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Word of advice and straight to the point..

1st- Have a nice car... one that will get attention.
2nd- You need to know some people.
3rd- You may get lucky with the Portfolio shit and all that crap.
4th- Go to alot of events
5th- Be a people person, have balls to meet marketing directors and so on

you dont have to believe me though....

But I did have alot of sponsors when I did shows. FREE SHIT..Not no damn discount or wholesale bullshit

Some of my old sponsors.. Most through knowing people....

Vitek, BFG, Directed Electronic, Orion, Grant, EBC, Quantem tek wheels, Arospeed,Mothers, Tokiko, UAB, Shinning Monkey, weapon-R, Zex, matworks,Ignited.

And not to blast your 10k spent on the car already, thats nothing to some of the heavy hitter in todays game.. shit, I had close to 10K in paint alone....... and this was almost 5 years ago..Glad i do not do that shit anymore!!!!!

95alty
09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the input... You still have some of those marketers numbers lol