PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy with a Celica

I_luv_chikin
09-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Hows it going guys just heard about the site from a Atl member that is also apart of site that I used to be on, Nissanclub.com. This seems like a good site especially for getting a heads up on meets going on in Atlanta since I do not here about all of them since I live in Macon.

But I drive a 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 6-speed that I have only had about 4 months that I got after I sold my old 1997 altima. It is pretty much stock right now except for a K&N CAI and a short shifter that I put on it after I got it, other than that I only have some street performance Dunlop tires and some 20% tint. I ahve some plans for it but nothing to serious till I get out of college.

Here are some pictures of my Celica.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Nissan_Junkie_13/000_0006.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Nissan_Junkie_13/100_1579.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Nissan_Junkie_13/shortshifter2.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p306/Nissan_Junkie_13/100_1412-1.jpg

GSRteg®
09-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Welcome to IA. :yes:

SE-Rious1
09-10-2007, 12:38 AM
celica owners run with mustangs ??? lol

WELCOME........

FlyingStroke240
09-10-2007, 12:51 AM
welcome to IA.

seeya 240love.

I_luv_chikin
09-10-2007, 01:07 AM
celica owners run with mustangs ??? lol

WELCOME........

yeah never really thought about that picture before, I guess it is kind of weird though to see a domestic taking a picture with a Import. But the guy that owns that mustang has been a really good friend of mine for a while. So I guess we don't ever really think too much about the import/domestic battle, even though we do constantly make fun of each others cars.

SE-Rious1
09-10-2007, 01:09 AM
yeah never really thought about that picture before, I guess it is kind of weird though to see a domestic taking a picture with a Import. But the guy that owns that mustang has been a really good friend of mine for a while. So I guess we don't ever really think too much about the import/domestic battle, even though we do constantly make fun of each others cars.
eh its cool role what ya got

95alty
09-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Welcome yo....

I_luv_chikin
09-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I pretty much like all types of cars, there is no really superior make to me. I hang around guys with turbod SR20DET 240's and guys with 1st Gen altimas, I have my current Celica crew that I hang out alot with, and also have alot friends at my college that drive mustangs with a couple of foxbodys thrown in and a Procharged Firebird with LS1 swap. As long as you love your car and enjoy driving it thats cool with me. I'm not like alot of people on forums that bash Honda just because they drive a Nissan or Toyota or some other import model. I would love to have and EG, and I also love the last gen of Preludes, and one of my favorite Hondas would have to be a really clean/mean CRX, I don't what it is about those cars but they look really good to me with some good JDM parts and some nice wheels. I guess I am pretty diverse guy when it comes to cars, I mean I was looking for a GS-R Teg originally but ended up getting this GT-S Celica instead because I got a better deal. I came to this site becuase well first of all I am from Georgia, and secondly there is a good mic of all types of imprts and even some domestics on this site, and I like to see a group of car lovers come together and set up meets and such that I can be a part of.

cactusEG
09-10-2007, 07:33 AM
car dosnt look to bad. welcome to IA

_Christian_
09-10-2007, 07:38 AM
welcome. good intro!

VegetaRules
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Welcolme, always good to see more Celica owners on the site.:goodjob: :goodjob: Be lucky yours wasn't lime green like mine. LMAO What part of GA do you & your Celica crew hangout/are from?....Vegeta

hondab118
09-10-2007, 08:34 AM
I pretty much like all types of cars, there is no really superior make to me. I hang around guys with turbod SR20DET 240's and guys with 1st Gen altimas, I have my current Celica crew that I hang out alot with, and also have alot friends at my college that drive mustangs with a couple of foxbodys thrown in and a Procharged Firebird with LS1 swap. As long as you love your car and enjoy driving it thats cool with me. I'm not like alot of people on forums that bash Honda just because they drive a Nissan or Toyota or some other import model. I would love to have and EG, and I also love the last gen of Preludes, and one of my favorite Hondas would have to be a really clean/mean CRX, I don't what it is about those cars but they look really good to me with some good JDM parts and some nice wheels. I guess I am pretty diverse guy when it comes to cars, I mean I was looking for a GS-R Teg originally but ended up getting this GT-S Celica instead because I got a better deal. I came to this site becuase well first of all I am from Georgia, and secondly there is a good mic of all types of imprts and even some domestics on this site, and I like to see a group of car lovers come together and set up meets and such that I can be a part of.

Welcome 2 IA, its nice to c other Celica ownerz out there. I have a sixth gen.

Jay0022
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcome to IA John.... nice to see more celica owners on the forums

I_luv_chikin
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Welcolme, always good to see more Celica owners on the site.:goodjob: :goodjob: Be lucky yours wasn't lime green like mine. LMAO What part of GA do you & your Celica crew hangout/are from?....Vegeta

Well the only people that are from Macon from the crew is me and a guy that lives right down the road from me on the Bass Pro Shop exit on I-75. Most of the other people from the crew are from the Atlanta area. We have about three guys who live in Kennesaw, two guys from Gainesville, and maybe another twoe more guys that also live in the Atl area that I cannot remember right now. There is also a guy from South CArolins that comes to some of the meets and a couple people from the northern part of Florida. Most of the meets that the group has held have been in Kennesaw/Atlanta area since the majority of are members are from there and most people know Atl.

But Jay is on this forum so he can correct me if I I got any of my information wrong.

95alty
09-10-2007, 10:22 AM
pffft... celicas...pfffffft... lol your celica is clean though.... 6speed is the shit

VooDooXII
09-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Welcome to IA.

My cousin just bought a red Celica GT-S about a month ago.

Maniaç
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Celica's are gay.. Welcome_

Jecht
09-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Welcome to IA. I really like the 7th gen Celicas, they are really fun to drive. One of my friends has a silver GT.

VegetaRules
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
Well if ya'll are in Macon, you should come to the Newnan meet, we're trying to build steam for on the 21st of this month. Don't worry about the Celica insults, I think it's better to be the different car, than be the 19th WRX, the 80 billioneth Honda/Acura, or 50th EVO.

Be you. lol....Vegeta

VooDooXII
09-10-2007, 10:47 AM
I always used to think Celicas were popular...but I never thought about how few I actually saw.

Personally, I don't like this body style but if you like the car, more power to you!

Tracy
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
welcome

MattB
09-10-2007, 10:51 AM
welcome to the site. the body style doesnt bother me as not having awd as an option since what, the early 90's?

VegetaRules
09-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Yeah, well you don't see alot in the tuner world thats for sure. They're plenty popular on the streets. I just like originality something that seems frowned upon around here at times. I've always liked the body style, & those hilarious "looks fast" commercials.

But despite the FWD limitation, I've seen alot of Celicas now going over 500WHP & a couple at 600WHP, so with the GT-S( Let me clarify that. lol) there's good power to be made from Celica's nowadays....Vegeta:goodjob:

VooDooXII
09-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Originality is frowned upon? Haha, plenty of people like my SAAB!

Sammich
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
sup kaine

VegetaRules
09-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Originality is frowned upon? Haha, plenty of people like my SAAB!

Well on here, if your car isn't a standard color, you're a ricer. Do something esle with your tailligths noone else is doing ..ricer. It's like if you do something against the grain, your rice, & it's horrible.

Now I looove my ricer-ass Celica, & while I do not share the "burnout, dumbshyt", that real ricers do, I do beleive in doing what I like to my car. I just hate when I goto meets, & people see "Lime green Celica", & think "rice", before they actually meet me.

Man I've been to meets, where people have actually talked, & still been like "get rid of this, take that off, make it stock". I'm like " I don't want my car stock looking. lol" So thats what I mean, in that picture your Saab looks stock, so that automaticaly makes you non-rice. lol....Vegeta

VooDooXII
09-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Haha, I haven't had a chance to do anything with it...everyone calls it "clean" :lmfao:

Anything I do to it though...I'm keeping it mild, but that's the way I like it.

I_luv_chikin
09-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Well if ya'll are in Macon, you should come to the Newnan meet, we're trying to build steam for on the 21st of this month.

So there is going to be a meet in Newman the 21st of this month so is that on a Friday? Where is everyone going ot meet at in Newman? And also what time would I need to show up to be a apart of the meet?

Jay0022
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Well the only people that are from Macon from the crew is me and a guy that lives right down the road from me on the Bass Pro Shop exit on I-75. Most of the other people from the crew are from the Atlanta area. We have about three guys who live in Kennesaw, two guys from Gainesville, and maybe another twoe more guys that also live in the Atl area that I cannot remember right now. There is also a guy from South CArolins that comes to some of the meets and a couple people from the northern part of Florida. Most of the meets that the group has held have been in Kennesaw/Atlanta area since the majority of are members are from there and most people know Atl.

But Jay is on this forum so he can correct me if I I got any of my information wrong.

Sounds about right.....not that many people modify celicas :no: but there is power that can be made. Just like any car out there.... its all about the $$$ you put into it.

BTLFED
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
The only Celica I give respect:

http://www.groupbrally.com/images/toyota/9Toyota%20Celica%20GrB.jpg

Welcome to IA.

OneSlow5pt0
09-10-2007, 06:51 PM
welcome to IA,

more 7th gens............wheres the 6GC love?

nice car

homemadeS14s
09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
welcome to IA:welcome:

ep9716
09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Welcome...