PDA

View Full Version : A flicker of hope for AIDS...

quickdodge®
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
From http://www.asahi.com/english/Herald-asahi/TKY200507070204.html

"A durable new drug that prevents HIV from entering human cells and causes almost no side effects has been developed by a team of researchers at Kumamoto University.

The new drug, code named AK602, was reported by the research team's leader, Hiroaki Mitsuya, at the International Congress on AIDS in Asia and the Pacific in Kobe on Tuesday.

The drug's main feature is that it shuts out the AIDS virus at the point when it tries to intrude into a human cell.

Current AIDS medicines can lose their effectiveness in a few days when the virus changes and develops a resistance to those drugs. But AK602 is different because it reacts to human cells instead of attacking the virus, Mitsuya said.

He said the drug sticks to a protein called CCR5 that acts as an entrance into human cells for the AIDS virus. When the new drug becomes attached to the protein, it can prevent HIV from entering, and thus stop the virus from spreading.

The researchers conducted clinical tests on 40 AIDS patients in the United States.

AK602 not only proved effective against viruses that had become resistant to other drugs, but it also caused almost no side effects, the team said."

Later, QD.

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
wow!!! AMAZING!!!!! Do they know when it might come out? I'm sure they will still be testing this for a while. But that's awesome!!!!

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Side Effects... Lack of Immune System, anal leakage, vomiting, bleeding out the nose..lol

Bajjani
07-18-2005, 04:13 PM
^^^uuhhh??

quickdodge®
^^^ What are you? Stupid? Later, QD.

99ITRGIRL
hell, I wouldnt care if I had any side effects as long as the drug works and keeps me from AIDS!! I'm sure later everyone would have to take this drug by law.

mocha latte cupcake
07-18-2005, 04:15 PM
^^ i'm with hottie ITR chick here.... if i had aids i would take gettin a few colds to stop the spread of it....

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 04:19 PM
^^ Thanks JM! :)

Brett
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
That could be great news, I would love to read more about this new drug

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:21 PM
Never heard of the joke of how side feects are worst then the symptons you already have..and the Lack of Immune..Is AIDS.. Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome

quickdodge®
07-18-2005, 04:23 PM
Actually, I never thought that as funny enough to be considered jokes. To me, and prolly a lot of other folks that have sense, AIDS isn't really that funny. Later, QD.

Bajjani
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
i didn't really think it was a good joke then..mayb cause no one knew wth u were talkin bout

Brett
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
I still think AIDS was a disease engineered by man, and was designed to kill people, and I think they have a cure for that and cancer to, but the drug companies make to much money not making cures but selling shit to slow it down.

99ITRGIRL
^^AGREED!!! Its spreading so fast and tons of people, especially children, are dying everyday. It's about time to stop this horrible disease!! This is the real deal, no joke about it!

HEATON
No shit Sherlock..But the "jokes" refer to all meds given by Drs. way before this drug was even thought of. So relax and chill.

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I still think AIDS was a disease engineered by man, and was designed to kill people, and I think they have a cure for that and cancer to, but the drug companies make to much money not making cures but selling shit to slow it down.

Another theory of Drugs and Meds...One that i believe MANY ppl have actually documented but they are kinda the one sided Thomas Moore documentaries.

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I can't wait for the time where there is a cure for AIDS and Cancer. I know there will be, just not sure when yet. But looks like we're getting there especially with AIDS!

Brett
07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
^^ Dont be suprised if the cures have been around for years but they have not been released

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 04:30 PM
^^ Dont be suprised if the cures have been around for years but they have not been released
TRUE!!

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Sadly here's a thought, even if there is a cure would all the ppl who suffer in other nations like African tribes be able to get the cure, bc if not then it will just spread and spread...another thought now dont hate me for this but...If diseases like these havent killed so many ppl what would the world be like with that many ppl on its surface at one time? Honestly think of it HUGE population, and jus more problems bc of it, hunger, homeless, jobless...who knows...maybe natural selection isnt so bad...idk.. :/

Bajjani
07-18-2005, 04:37 PM
hey here is an idea..you go have someone close to you have aids and see if you feel the same. this is why the world has so many problems thats a selfish thought. yes parts of it are true but mayb one of those people would have solved world hunger.. you never know whats going to happen but i'd for damn sure be willing to take a risk of over crowding our world and sparing lives of millions than hiding a cure and making people suffer..

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 04:46 PM
hey here is an idea..you go have someone close to you have aids and see if you feel the same. this is why the world has so many problems thats a selfish thought. yes parts of it are true but mayb one of those people would have solved world hunger.. you never know whats going to happen but i'd for damn sure be willing to take a risk of over crowding our world and sparing lives of millions than hiding a cure and making people suffer..
yea!

quickdodge®
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
No shit Sherlock..But the "jokes" refer to all meds given by Drs. way before this drug was even thought of. So relax and chill.

No. You relax and cut out the dumbass comments. Your last post, where you said "Don't hate me for this" was actually a pretty legit comment. But your first post wasn't. Later, QD.

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I wasnt sayin we are hidin a cure. Selfish thought? You saying that more problems we already increasin by the 1000s would be ok, jus so the person you know with AIDS will be ok is a selfish thought. And i have had someone close to me REAL close holy shit too close die bc of Cancer and it sucked but Life is a controled object, im not saying we shoudl go out and shoot to kill like ppl do to deer and game...but again I say SADLY the world takes care of its own and why evolution takes place constantly.

eViLMunkey
07-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Finally...

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:57 PM
No. You relax and cut out the dumbass comments. Your last post, where you said "Don't hate me for this" was actually a pretty legit comment. But your first post wasn't. Later, QD.

Well thanx for the Legit part, but i wasnt meanin my first comment to be mean or harsh to anyone, i was jus sayin seems like any medication we have now ESPECIALLY prescribed ones has worst side effects then the problem the patient started with.

HEATON
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Q i was talkin to Bajjani

quickdodge®
07-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Ok. I deleted it, lolol. Later, QD.

Bajjani
07-18-2005, 04:59 PM
did you really just say because we save a person we multiply existing problems by 1000...are you an idiot?

eViLMunkey
07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
takes one to know one ^^

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 05:01 PM
Right now they said there were almost no side effects. I guess it could change, but I still rather have the side effects than AIDS. I guess that's just me...;)

PSINXS
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I agree with BRett for sure. everything is about money. reminds of a lyric from outkast
"The government givin out milk n cheese to pacify, I'm sure they got a cure for AIDS but its calssified"

Bajjani
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
takes one to know one ^^

Wow...yea, not when you say somethin are retarded as he did..its quite obvious you'd have to be an idiot to NOT notice it

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 05:05 PM
I agree with BRett for sure. everything is about money. reminds of a lyric from outkast
"The government givin out milk n cheese to pacify, I'm sure they got a cure for AIDS but its calssified"
yea, aftre thinking about it its true. It is all about money. I guess they have all the reason for having the cure for AIDS and God knows what else, already.

eViLMunkey
07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Not really I just didn't read the whole thread since I'm too lazy to and just don't care... unlike you who is taking offense to stupidity which weeds itself out of the population in the end... :goodjob:

HEATON
07-18-2005, 05:06 PM
did you really just say because we save a person we multiply existing problems by 1000...are you an idiot?

Think of it..we wouldnt be saving a person..we would have saved millions...Millions of ppl Earth cant accomadate(SP?) for. Ever seen the research on if Deer werent hunted..how many there would be running thru the cities causin mayhem, across roads crashing in your 'precious' car, eating all the crops we survive on...I know Deer and Man isnt the same, but Yet, we are still all animals and habitants of this world.

HEATON
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
99ITRGIRL i am aware of that it says almost no side effects, AGAIN..lol... I was referring to ALL drugs created WAY BEFORE this one.

JustinSane110™
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Hahaha, I got what u meant. Dennis Leary did a bit about it on some anxiety medication, one of the side effects was anxiety.

But back on topic, I read that article a few days ago. Hopefully they can figure this out and get it out there to people. :goodjob:

HEATON
07-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Hahaha, I got what u meant. Dennis Leary did a bit about it on some anxiety medication, one of the side effects was anxiety

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM

Its a big business, Sick people make money, Healthy ones dont make them money, so AIDS and Cancer will never go away till they release the cure that they have and stop worrying about money and start to worry about the people who are dying

HyPer50
07-18-2005, 05:25 PM
if it works, awesome.

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
damn! that sux.

99ITRGIRL
07-18-2005, 05:26 PM
if it works, awesome.
amen

BOOSTEDeg
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
New prevention-abstinence

HEATON
07-18-2005, 06:48 PM
or Blood transfusions.

C22H19N3O4
07-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Lol...I find some of the comments funny as usual. First of all it takes billions to research a drug and prep it for market. EVERY drug has some sort of side effect, whether it be pharmaceutical grade or OTC. Next time you pop Advil or Naproxen Sodium consider that it might lead to intestinal bleeding. As far as Qd\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s post, there are several new drugs on the horizon pertaining to controlling and preventing AIDS. It will me some time before anyone sees them in use in the open market. The FDA sometimes works against us. The whole conspiracy theory about AIDS is far fetched. If drug companies or certain organizations wanted to develop a disease to make money or to keep a segment of the population \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"down\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" AIDS would have many more casualties. Furthermore, AIDS would be the number one killer of American (and many industrialized countries) men and women and not heart disease, which is preventable. Maybe there\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s a conspiracy pertaining to the invention of Trans-fatty acids? Anyways, those of you who want to help out medical science click here (http://www.cnsclinicaltrials.com/patients/site.asp?i=27#Studies). I believe there are some experimental drugs being tested in Botswana. It\\\\\\\'s sad that Botswana has the highest HIV/AIDS rate in the world.

Edit: It\'s actually Swaziland with the highest rate. Sowwie.

1439/2000
07-19-2005, 01:24 AM
I dont want aids. I stay away from intraveinous drug usage, sex with sluts, blood transfusions and shit like that. You all should do the same. Everybody that has it, go get your prescription filled.

:bootyshak = AIDS

JITB
07-19-2005, 02:27 AM
The population will probrably triple in 2 years if this works..

quickdodge®
07-19-2005, 04:11 AM
there are several new drugs on the horizon pertaining to controlling and preventing AIDS. It will me some time before anyone sees them in use in the open market.

That's a fact. Later, QD.

civic95
07-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I dont want aids. I stay away from intraveinous drug usage, sex with sluts, blood transfusions and shit like that.

You don't know what your missing.

Brett
07-19-2005, 09:36 AM
^^^^^ :lmfao:

Kristi
07-19-2005, 10:00 AM
that is good news for the aids world

99ITRGIRL
07-19-2005, 10:03 AM
that is good news for the aids world
yea it is