PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadener for Exhaust Noise

jonnyboy0150
07-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Anyone know of good sound deadener to keep down the exhaust noise. I already did the floor of the trunk with dynamat, but i dunno if i should do the rest, or under the back seats, or put some kind of foam insulation on top of the dynamat. Does anyone know what the best way would be to kill the interior noise, i kinda want it to be quieter inside with the windows up, please advise!!

YokotaS13
07-18-2005, 01:02 PM
IMO you should go ahead and dynamat the entire floor of your car for best results. Sound isnt perfectly direfctional. But it wil add weight. You could just get a quieter ehaust, or add a resonater to the system

jonnyboy0150
07-18-2005, 01:07 PM
yeah, well the system does have a resonator, but its 3" pipe and deletes 3 catalytic converters so its pretty loud. I would go ahead and dynamat the whole thing except that stuff is so expensive.

What about the foam/fabric style deadener?? Like if i was to use spray adhesive and put it on top of the dynamat thats already in the trunk and maybe under the rear seats as well, would that make any noticable difference???

YokotaS13
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
i relaly cant tell you about that, but you can buy Hushmat the same hting as dynamat for 10 bucks a sheet....but id stillreccomend adding another resonator to your setup. will quieten it down wuite a bit

ProjectWidow
07-18-2005, 02:30 PM
i used eDead for pretty much my whole floor and it made MAYBE a little difference. i had the same problem with my exhaust. it resonated the whole inside of the car so i sold the exhaust.

jonnyboy0150
07-18-2005, 03:00 PM
that sucks, yeah i think the rubber style doesnt do shit for exhaust noise, thats kinda why i wanted to try the foam style...its called the dynaliner its on their website. Dunno i may just deal with it.

YokotaS13
07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
like i said, another esonator will quietn down your exhaust considerably.

calmnothing
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
or get a new exhaust. Get a Borla Hush

YokotaS13
07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
why, for 50 bucks he can have another resonator installed and hush it down.

BarnDog296
08-24-2005, 06:32 AM
Johnny,
I dont know if you ever got this figured out, but im sure that other people have tried to do the same thing as you. I know I may be in the market for it soon also. I was reading Nissan Performance mag the other day, and they had this stuff I had never heard of called B-Quiet. They say it is as good (if not better) than Dynamat for less than half the cost. With Dynamat you really pay ALOT for the name...

http://www.b-quiet.com//

Ive looked them over, and they seem to be doing really well, and have a good customer base (read: people like them)

Wedge
08-24-2005, 09:31 AM
edead v3

good stuff, just have to finish

BarnDog296
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
i heard it has a smell to it that might last for awhile... how did that work out with you?

also, i think i want to try a mat - just b/c of the pockets and all in the doors, u know? it seems with this stuff, you have to paint inside of thsoe, and i would trust a mat alot more than that to keep in sound - am i wrong?

Wedge
08-30-2005, 09:28 AM
i heard it has a smell to it that might last for awhile... how did that work out with you?

also, i think i want to try a mat - just b/c of the pockets and all in the doors, u know? it seems with this stuff, you have to paint inside of thsoe, and i would trust a mat alot more than that to keep in sound - am i wrong?

i did the doors in mat when i bought the car because i replaced the blown speakers.. i have to say i could tell a big difference..

edead v3 i did 3 coats in the trunk thus far, and if i do it at night and leave the trunk open, the smell is gone by the morning.. just remember to disconnect the battery..