PDA

View Full Version : Misc If you do not read Forbes.. Jay Z Richest Man in Hip Hop

Julio
09-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I know we had this topic before.. About who had more cheese, as of last year Jay was ranked number 9

50 was 32nd place and Diddy was 43rd...

Yes, 50 will climb in 07, But Jay Is still getting paid big time...

""""
According to Forbes, Jay-Z (born Sean Carter) earned around $83 million in the past year, landing him at the No. 9 position. Hov outranked director Steven Spielberg who stood at No. 10 and also left his rap peers at bay, as 50 Cent and Sean "Diddy" Combs placed 32nd and 43rd, respectively.

The issue went to press before Coca Cola offered $4.1 billion for vitamin water company Glaceau, of which 50 Cent owns a minor stake. Forbes predicts the G-Unit boss will be ranked higher next year and, thanks to the deal, is expected to take in $100 million.

"It speaks to transcendence of hip-hop into the popular culture," Forbes' associate editor Lee Goldman told New York's Daily News. "And it has nothing to do with the music. You're seeing a 'brand' of musicians who makes their money from their business ventures."

Since the top of the year, Jay-Z has closed several major business deals, including a deal with Coca-Cola and a partnership with General Motors to collaborate on a new concept vehicle. In March, Jay also sold his Rocawear clothing line to the Iconix Brand Group Inc for $204 million in cash. In addition, reports surfaced in April that Jigga is currently in negotiations with champagne giant Armand de Brignac, well known for its "Ace of Spades" logo.

1000cckiller
09-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I know we had this topic before.. About who had more cheese, as of last year Jay was ranked number 9

50 was 32nd place and Diddy was 43rd...

Yes, 50 will climb in 07, But Jay Is still getting paid big time...

""""
According to Forbes, Jay-Z (born Sean Carter) earned around $83 million in the past year, landing him at the No. 9 position. Hov outranked director Steven Spielberg who stood at No. 10 and also left his rap peers at bay, as 50 Cent and Sean "Diddy" Combs placed 32nd and 43rd, respectively.

The issue went to press before Coca Cola offered $4.1 billion for vitamin water company Glaceau, of which 50 Cent owns a minor stake. Forbes predicts the G-Unit boss will be ranked higher next year and, thanks to the deal, is expected to take in $100 million.

"It speaks to transcendence of hip-hop into the popular culture," Forbes' associate editor Lee Goldman told New York's Daily News. "And it has nothing to do with the music. You're seeing a 'brand' of musicians who makes their money from their business ventures."

Since the top of the year, Jay-Z has closed several major business deals, including a deal with Coca-Cola and a partnership with General Motors to collaborate on a new concept vehicle. In March, Jay also sold his Rocawear clothing line to the Iconix Brand Group Inc for $204 million in cash. In addition, reports surfaced in April that Jigga is currently in negotiations with champagne giant Armand de Brignac, well known for its "Ace of Spades" logo.good info

DeX
09-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Hov sure I do I'll tell you the difference between me and them. They tryin' to get they ones, I'm tryin to get them Ms.
One million
Two million
Three million
Four
In just five years, 40 million more.
You are now lookin at the 40 million boy, I'm rapin' Def Jam 'til I'm the hundred million man.
R-O-C (You don t know what you do).
That's where you're wrong.
I came into this mutha a hundred grand strong.
Nine to be exact from grindin' G-packs.
Put the shit in motion, ain't no rewindin' me back.
Could make 40 off a brick but one rhyme could be that.
And if somebody would've told 'em that Hov would sell clothing.
Not in this lifetime, wasn't in my right mind.
That's another difference that's between me and them; I smartin up open the market up.
One million
Two million
Three million
Four
In 18 months....80 million more.
Now add that number up wit the one I said before.
You are now lookin at one smart black boy.
Mama ain't raised no fool. Put me anywhere on God's green Earth.
I'll triple my worth.

From "U Don't Know" from the Blueprint 2 album.